Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dorothy Faye Dunaway's turned 80 today, y'all

I don't see a thread!

Anyway, I wonder if this shady little Capricorn will ever work again after going off her meds, throwing salads, slapping that stagehand backstage in Boston, and then being fired from the play [italic]Tea at Five.[/italic] It has sadly occurred to me she may die at some point.

Post thoughts, prayers and pics here. Or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2021 8:45 PM

Remember when all that drama was going down with the play and DL simultaneously crashed for two days? I thought I would die without news of Faye. Please Faye, stay with us and do something after Covid! It can be anything. We miss you. Happy birthday!!!

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 2:31 AM

Isn’t she poor?

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 2:38 AM

[bold]WHAT IS THE FISH OF THE DAY?[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 2:40 AM

[quote]Anyway, I wonder if this shady little Capricorn will ever work again after going off her meds, throwing salads, slapping that stagehand backstage in Boston, and then being fired from the play Tea at Five.

You forgot "lobbing VHS tapes from her car window outside the Blockbuster."

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 2:45 AM

[quote]r2 Isn’t she poor?

I don't know that she's exactly destitute, but she did sell her West Hollywood home a few years ago, probably to keep financing her proposed screen version of [italic]Master Class,[/italic] which never got finished.

She was a coke fiend in the 1970s, and that probably ate up half her fortune. Hopefully she invested the other half decently.

What does her son do for a living? I pray she doesn't end up on his couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 2:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 2:52 AM

She should do Dancing with the Stars.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 2:54 AM

She could also try out stand-up after that research she did with Michael McDonald.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 2:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 3:11 AM

Why can’t you be obsessed with positive things?

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 3:18 AM

She can handle the socks.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 3:20 AM

R10's post is yet another capricious act, by a capricious man.

In my experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 3:24 AM

Why can’t you be obsessed about positive things... about Marlon Brando... about the Cooosta Rica movie that was the hit of all of Europe and Cannes?? You know??

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 3:26 AM

Happy Birthday, Faye!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 3:27 AM

My favorite Faye story, posted at Broadway World in 2006:

[quote]I had the distinct displeasure of having her as a customer at two separate retail jobs I held back in the '90s. (Just my luck, I guess.) She was, by far, the most AWFUL person I have ever met . . . basically she's just a horrid snobby bitch who treats everyone like crap and then the next day has her assistant return everything she made you waste 2 hours finding for her. (That was the first experience, at the Pottery Barn in the Beverly Center.)

[quote]The second one was worse:

[quote]I was working alone in a very ritzy boutique in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills. I had only been working there a few weeks, so I was very conscious of making sure I made a good impression on all the celebrity clients who came in. (I mention this to explain why I let this woman treat me like excrement instead of ignoring her or telling her off.)

[quote]As I said, I was alone in the store (the owner and manager were downtown on a buying trip), and she came in. She was looking for a suit. We carried lots of suits. She started pulling things, handing them to me, until I had a very large and heavy pile of clothes in my arms, and she said, "Hold these for me." I assumed she meant to put them "on hold" for her while she went and ran another errand, so I started to lay the things down on the counter and organize this huge pile of clothes so I could neatly hang them and hold them for her. She noticed what I was doing (she was about 20 feet away at this point), and literally screamed at me, "[bold]I SAID HOLD THEM FOR ME! WHILE I WALK AROUND THE STORE! ARE YOU STUPID?[/bold]" (I'm not kidding. this happened.)

[quote]So, being young and new to the job, I did. I followed her around the store like a human coat rack, as she threw more and more clothes on top of me. Then, after about 2 hours of dealing with just general unpleasantness as she tried things on, she finally bought one suit. Not a great sale at all, but whatever . . .

[quote]As she left, I went into the dressing room, which of course was an utter disaster—not one thing on a hanger, everything crumpled all over the floor—and as I was cleaning up, I noticed she'd left her sports bra on the bench in there. So, being nice, I ran out front (her Mercedes was parked directly in front of the store) and gestured to her through the passenger side window, being sure to be discreet about the bra. Well, she got all angry again, and started very aggressively gesturing for me to come around into traffic so I could hand her the bra through the driver's side door instead. Yes, that's right, her power trip is so extreme that she refused to roll down the passenger side window to let me hand her her bra and made me walk into traffic to hand it to her through the driver's side.

[quote]The kicker is, after all that, the owner returned to the store, and I told her that Ms. Dunaway had been in, and before I could go on she said, "Oh god, we hate her. You don't have to help her if she ever comes in here.” So, I'd been scraping and bowing for no reason. HA!

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 3:43 AM

Jokes aside, R9...I hope she paid Michael McDonald for that. I wouldn't work with her in a hundred million years. I know what Irene Sharaff went through in 1980/1981.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 3:44 AM

R6, that's one of my favorite YouTube channels. Thanks for posting the video!

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 3:57 AM

80? Is that all? I would have guessed more.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote] 80? Is that all? I would have guessed more. “80”

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2021 4:05 AM

I was hoping COVID would have taken this one out.

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2021 4:12 AM

She was gorgeous as a young woman. A pity she ruined her face with all the horrible plastic surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 4:20 AM

What's the backstory on that voicemail? Was she expecting copy approval on an article about her that hadn't been published yet?

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2021 4:23 AM

Y'ALL- OP are you from the South?

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 4:23 AM

^^ Yup. Just like Our Faye.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 4:32 AM

The son.

This could turn into one interesting Baby Jane scenario. Soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 4:33 AM

And none of you little homosexual boys thought to send flowers.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 4:34 AM

I sent her a new scale so she could weigh her food.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 4:36 AM

Happy 80th Birthday Miss Dunaway: celebrate by eating your salad today, rather than throwing it! 🥗

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 4:42 AM

She was rather odd about some of the films she turned down. It's almost like she looked down on films that might make money: Norma Rae, Family Plot, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, Julia, The Wind and the Lion, Anne of the Thousand Days, Octopussy, Diamonds Are Forever, Fun with Dick and Jane...

She did get lured into doing The Towering Inferno, which at least was a concession toward reaching a popular audience. She could have used more roles like that, which might have kept her bankable longer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2021 4:48 AM

[quote]about the Cooosta Rica movie that was the hit of all of Europe and Cannes??

Kusturica

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2021 4:54 AM

[quote]r22 What's the backstory on that voicemail? Was she expecting copy approval on an article about her that hadn't been published yet?

I've always thought it was in preparation for the Biography Channel's show on her... where I think they interview different people the subject's worked with, etc. It sounds like they submitted the questions in advance along with the rest of their research material?

The story is she woke up the producer's assistant with this phone rant in the early morning hours and he leaked it, thinking, "Fuck her!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2021 4:57 AM

[quote]I wonder if this shady little Capricorn will ever work again after going off her meds, throwing salads, slapping that stagehand backstage in Boston.

Makes sense that she hails from Florida

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2021 5:04 AM

She should have got additional Oscar noms for MOMMIE DEAREST and BARFLY. The Academy Awards are usually a popularity contest, though, when you get right down to it. And by the time those films came out most of Hollywood hated her guts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2021 5:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2021 5:08 AM

[quote]r21 She was gorgeous as a young woman. A pity she ruined her face with all the horrible plastic surgery.

Female stars are in a tough position as they age. If they want to keep getting cast, they need to get some work done, but they're at the mercy of finding a very good surgeon. Because of Dunaway's inability to deal with others respectfully, I bet she ran through a slew of them, never establishing a longstanding relationship with a good doctor who might have guided her through gradual, less drastic changes. My favorite quote describing her went something like, "She now resembles a cat pushing its face through a chain link fence."

There was a blind gossip item once (I think in New York magazine) that talked about a star repeatedly showing up for facelifts drunk and having to be being rescheduled, because alcohol effects the skin's reaction, healing time, etc. I read that and thought, "That must be Faye."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2021 5:30 AM

"She did get lured into doing The Towering Inferno, which at least was a concession toward reaching a popular audience. She could have used more roles like that, which might have kept her bankable longer."

Faye was cast after Natalie Wood turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2021 5:46 AM

R25, Does Faye still claim she gave birth to Liam even though Terry O'Neill confirmed he was adopted?

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2021 5:48 AM

Forever in our hearts - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2021 5:57 AM

[quote]r37 Does Faye still claim she gave birth to Liam even though Terry O'Neill confirmed he was adopted?

I don't think she's ever commented.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2021 5:58 AM

Her yearbook photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2021 5:58 AM

I suppose you little homosexual boys expect me to thank you for remembering.

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2021 6:14 AM

She's really been keeping a low profile. Maybe she committed herself?

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2021 6:47 AM

if a woman throws salads on the floor, slaps stagehands backstage, chucks videos out of their car window and honks the horn loudly so the video store employee knows to come outside and pick them up off the ground, calls a stagehand a “little homosexual boy”, leaves angry voice mail messages for journalists at stupid o’clock in the morning... she’s a bitch! It a guy does all that he’s... oh never mind. In this day and age it seems crazy none of this behaviour gets caught on camera, I guess she’s a recluse or has finally started taking her meds

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote] Does Faye still claim she gave birth to Liam even though Terry O'Neill confirmed he was adopted?

I’m not really interested in Terry O’Neill. He’s a big, big liar.

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2021 2:45 PM

So young.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2021 3:40 PM

Jane Fonda constantly says she didn’t feel she could play a hooker in Klute and that they should have hired Faye. Is that some sort of shade? Faye never seems to have had anything bad to say about Jane.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote]R46 Is that some sort of shade?

No, it was a compliment on Fonda’s part. She panicked at the last minute before filming began when she began to doubt her own looks. Fonda had spent a week hanging out with NYC hookers. and at the bars they all went to none of the men tried to pick up Fonda.

She told the director he need to replace her with a more beautiful actress, like Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2021 4:54 PM

R46 I think I recall Fonda replying simply “sad” when asked for what word came to mind when she thought of Faye. This was on Andy Cohen’s awful Bravo show.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2021 6:13 PM

R48 yeah, what was that about!? Around the same time there were photos of them together at a tribute to Warren Beatty.

Did Fonda think the way Faye career has turned out is sad, or that she’s just a sad Norma Desmond type figure. I hate that Cohen never got more out of that bombshell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote]r49 Did Fonda think the way Faye's career has turned out is sad, or that she’s just a sad Norma Desmond type figure?

Maybe neither. Fonda might have though Dunaway herself was inherently sad.

Certainly she doesn't come across as happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]I wouldn't work with her in a hundred million years. I know what Irene Sharaff went through in 1980/1981.

[quote]Costume Designer

Do tell, R16.

by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2021 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!