Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your favorite neighborhood in all of NYC

Tell me please.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 1:40 AM

Favorite for what?

For living, I love the Upper West side. Convenient to subways, between Central Park and Riverside Park, close to hotspots but not in a tourist trap area.

For going out, probably Chelsea or Alphabet City.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 2:15 AM

R1 Took the words out of my mouth. The streets and sidewalks of the Upper West Side seem less packed than other neighborhoods as well and it's within walking distance of the theater district.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 2:24 AM

South Bronx

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 2:29 AM

Yeah, if I were moving to New York again, I'd want to live somewhere on the UWS, close to Broadway for shopping and subways.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 2:51 AM

Another vote for the UWS but also Midtown West. Access to everything and a 10-minute walk from Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 4:15 AM

Chelsea. West village.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 4:31 AM

R5 Unfortunately, at least pre pandemic, the avenues (8th,9th,10th,11th) in Midtown West were filled with vehicular traffic and endless horn honking and the sidewalks were crowded with tourists, theater crowds and commuters. Above 58th street is so much less congested and noisy. It's heaven above Hell's Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 1:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!