Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida restaurant server hailed as a hero for helping boy escape abusive parents

A little good news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 10:53 AM

Poor kid. I'm glad she was able to help him.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 11:55 PM

This saddens me so. I just don’t understand how people can do cruel things to children or animals. I know that’s not very DL, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 11:58 PM

She is a hero, it sounds like his life was pure hell. she saved him

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 12:06 AM

Florida of course

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 1:45 AM

God bless her. I'm glad the child accepted the help she offered him.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 3:02 AM

John Quinones should have her on his show. She saw something and she did something.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 3:03 AM

*sigh* Too old for Bryan Singer... too young for Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote]John Quinones should have her on his show. She saw something and she did something.

I'm sure Ellen is screaming nonstop at her producers to get her on the Ellen show.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 3:22 AM

I am so happy the boy was able to get help but unfortunately, these stories happen all the time. If you see something that is off, do something to help.

With the pandemic and so many children at home, they aren't even able to escape the abuse....it's so heartbreaking that people can hurt innocent children.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 3:32 AM

yikes. I need a brain shower now.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 3:40 AM

Busybody.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 3:43 AM

Look at the parents, the father radiating evil, and the mother a complete blank.

There can't be a God out there if people like that can reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 4:52 AM

Parents aren’t skipping meals and were bold in bringing him out in public & treating him like a pariah (only person with nothing to eat).

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 5:03 AM

Why did I read that?? Ooor kid. I hope he finds a forever family and gets to do some healing. It’s all so beyond my comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 5:13 AM

R13 I'm sure they've done this numerous times before, but unfortunately, most people either don't notice or don't care about the signs of child abuse. This server was remarkable in that she both recognized the signs and actually went out of her way to help the kid.

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 7:18 AM

The “parents” look like Trump deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 7:46 AM

I hope the courts don't release the boy back to the parents he will suffer 10x the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 10:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!