Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon plummets to lowest ratings ever

How long will NBC keep propping him up?

[quote]Monday’s episode drew just 947,000 total viewers. According to The Wrap, the former king of late night was dominated by his counterparts, including Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel, who drew an estimated 2.03 million and 1.67 million total viewers, respectively, that evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2021 3:34 PM

He isn't funny. That's really the main problem.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 10:45 PM

You either have it, or you don't.

I could not stand him.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 10:47 PM

For the people in the cheap seats: The Tonight Show, which was once the crown jewel of late night programming, is pulling in less than 1M viewers. It’s insane his ass hasn’t been kicked to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 10:49 PM

Colbert has really came into his own since lockdown, he's on fire. That's where Fallon's viewers went to.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 10:49 PM

I guess now though, without Trump, how well Colbert will do?

Kimmel despises Trump as well, but it wasn't his whole show.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 10:51 PM

Yes. It appears the audience was holding Colbert back!

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 10:52 PM

Watch Jimmy Fallon book BTS as regular guests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 10:54 PM

Fat and untalented.

He’s furiously trying to wrest that title from James Corden.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 10:54 PM

Jimble Kimble is beating Fallon in the ratings. I'm going to blow my brains up...

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 10:56 PM

I’ve Fallon and I can’t get up.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 10:59 PM

R10 that’s a good one, that’s funny

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 11:02 PM

Jimmy was better at 1230 - he could be less polished and it was oddly endearing. One of the things from his 1230 show I enjoyed was the audience participation in games and bits and that seems to have vanished.

Honestly - I prefer Seth Meyers - he's a better interviewer and I prefer his political humor/commentary. I wonder if he would do better at 1130?

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 11:15 PM

Jimmy Fallon does not have the polish to be the Tonight Show host. He was funny when he was on SNL which was a better venue for his talents.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 11:18 PM

He’s the ultimate entertained, but that requires R12’s spreader environment to do well.

Huggy Kissy can’t come back until Vogue September at least.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 11:20 PM

How many beers does that make today Eunice R14??

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 11:28 PM

Shit I never knew the TV ratings were that low these days. I read that Carson used to get 10+ million

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 11:38 PM

I quite like to look at Jimmy Fallon, but he doesn’t seem to be very smart.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 11:43 PM

I've been watching the commentaries on youtube. They are all pretty good but Seth Meyers is the best. They all make Carson look lame and I grew up with Johnny. But Carson was a genius in walking a fine line which is why his viewership was so vast.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 11:45 PM

Seriously r14, I read your post five times and...nothing.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 11:48 PM

Sorry, it is the weed. Jimmy is an ultimate fan and the audience identifies with his frenetic energy. This requires more people working closely together with an audience and stars willing to travel.

My prediction is that these types of programs will not recover ratings until the September issue of Vogue hits.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 11:52 PM

Carson had a vast viewership because there were only four channels and nothing else was on at that hour.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 11:54 PM

It appears from OP's post that the total audience for all the 11:30 pm chat shows is less than 5 million.

The Tonight Show alone averaged > 6 million viewers in 1991, Carson's last year as host, in a country with only 75% of today's population (254M vs. 328M). Tbh, I'm amazed even 5 million bother to watch these days.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 11:55 PM

Does he wear a hair piece?

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 11:56 PM

Clearly the answer is to bring back successful hosts like Magic Johnson and Chevy Chase.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 12:00 AM

Seth is the best, to me, by far. He's a great interviewer and just fantastic off the cuff.

Fallon MIGHT rebound after Trump is gone. He just falls flat at politics. But he really, really needs an audience. He's all about energy. And why, oh why, won't he take a fucking how-to-interview workshop? Fawning over EVERY SINGLE HUMAN AT LEVEL 10 is just embarrassingly poor form. Covid has made it even worse. His interviews are so awkward.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 12:03 AM

I guess he shouldn’t have mussed Trump’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 12:03 AM

[Quote]Colbert has really came into his own since lockdown, he's on fire. That's where Fallon's viewers went to.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 12:04 AM

I watched the first show when Fallon took over, and never tuned in again.

Stephen Colbert is my jam

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 12:12 AM

OP = Conan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2021 12:14 AM

These shows are so useless and old fashion. Everything I need to know about an actor or singer can be found via a Google search. new movie coming out? Social media ads couples with fans online talk about the movies spread the word. These shows could be interesting if the interviews were interesting. Seth is a good interviewer as others said.

The only talk show host I honestly enjoy is Grahm Norton's show. Guests have fun, the show is only on once a week or something, and they actually drink with all guests interacting. He is the best in my opinion at keeping things entertaining. I simply adore his show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2021 12:39 AM

He’s too much of a kiss ass. And his skits are not funny. I miss David Letterman.

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2021 12:44 AM

Though Fallon currently has the best hair, he's a no-talent who thinks he's funny, but he's not. And he's dim.

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2021 12:45 AM

I really think he has something on Lorne Michaels. Why else would he let this drunk host a show.

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2021 12:46 AM

He never should have tussled Trumps hair.

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2021 12:46 AM

The talk show served its purpose, but it's an outdated institution that really should just go away at this point. We get more than enough "important breaking news" about celebs and their lame projects from the MSM.

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2021 12:49 AM

The people who still watch late night talk shows must email each other on their blackberries about how funny the shows are.

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2021 12:51 AM

Talk shows are really outdated, for the reasons noted above.

Graham Norton's show is so good because they all drink and actually have a conversation, they're not just there for chit-chat and then to plug whatever their new project is.

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2021 12:52 AM

Not funny not talented. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2021 1:00 AM

He's a horrible interviewer, he's not remotely funny, he laughs too much - and his hair is absolutely hideous.

[quote]I guess now though, without Trump, how well Colbert will do?

He'll continue, this time with Biden . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2021 1:04 AM

Who would they replace him with, I don't mind Seth Meyers but he doesn't seem like that much of a draw and then he would need replaced. Someone from SNL? Colin Jost isn't terrible but he doesn't seem like a draw either. A minority? I can't think of one that white America would embrace and you need that for the ratings, does the black community even watch these shows. Ricky Gervais might be talented and edgy enough but he doesn't seem like the team player type that NBC would want. Anyone have any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2021 1:20 AM

I could not have gotten through these last couple years of Trump without Seth Meyers and Stephen Colbert. If I had to pick just one I have to go with Seth. His "A Closer Look" segments have been my favorite thing on planet Earth. His delivery of the shit-hot writing blows my mind. He makes me laugh sooooo hard. Plus he's a dilf. And Colbert has had so many funny segments this year, including "Quarentinewhile" and "Don and The Giant Impeach 2: Go Fast We're Furious" to name but two. Both of these guys have been priceless sources of humor, comfort, and accurately mirrored outrage in troubled times and I'm very grateful they exist.

Sometimes I'm wanting to milk my evening youtube monologue watching a little more, so I'll click on one of the other show host's monologues. I don't do Cordon. Kimmel is not my favorite but he's intelligent, funny, and has a different delivery than the other guys. A more Jewish deadpan thing, and I like that sometimes. Trevor Noah amuses me. He's actually an amazing interviewer and I admired the Zoom interview he did with Michael J Fox recently. Very compassionate, intelligent, dignified, and still funny too. No problem with Noah or Kimmel.

And then...there's Fallon. I think he is the cutest guy, just adorable to look at, and seems like a sweetheart. But when I try to watch his monologues or his interviews, I want to rip my hair out. He's just so lame compared to everyone else. He's like a child pretending to be and adult and to do adult "work." There's no "there" there.

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2021 1:23 AM

Who wants to watch a stupid frat boy show every night?

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2021 1:25 AM

R40 The only POC that I can see white America rooting for and tuning in for is Dave Chapelle. Wouldn't that be wild if he hosted the fricking Tonight Show? He would never do it because it's wayyyyyy too much work. He's more into his domestic scene with the wife and kids and then the control of picking and choosing his moments to work. He has all the money he could ever dream of and his ego is well-sated. But he would get massive ratings.

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2021 1:26 AM

I'm beginning to think that Lorne Michaels actually owns NBC and controls all the network's television division shows, decisions and staff. It's like no matter how bad or inconceivable they are, former alumni within the orb of their original tenures on his "SNL" show never go or fade away, regardless of how tiresome they or their subsequent efforts on that network become.

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2021 1:37 AM

Fallon needs celebrities in-house so he can do his stupid skits and games. That's the entire show, since he can't interview or do a monologue.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2021 1:40 AM

Just wanted to add that I notice how on the No Better Changes (NBC) network, it seems they keep doing and keep up with the saaaaaaaammmmme tired schtick and programming decisions and people over and over and over again, forever.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2021 1:40 AM

Two-word solution: Craig Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2021 1:40 AM

kimmel is the doosh that needs to go.....that ass eating grin of his and his shitty humor.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2021 1:41 AM

Yea, Colin Jost would be awesome...

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2021 1:43 AM

If you want to truly know unfunny, you should watch A Little Late With Lilly Singh at 1:30.

Twitter will demand that she be named host of Tonight before Seth Meyers.

Viewership will rocket to 100,000 a night.

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2021 1:44 AM

Not Funny Fallon and Fat Fuck Corden need to hold hands and take a long walk off a short pier.

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2021 1:47 AM

Who is this Amber Ruffin woman? I see her videos a lot when I'm watchin' mah Seth and mah Stephen.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote] Kimmel is not my favorite but he's intelligent, funny, and has a different delivery than the other guys. A more Jewish deadpan thing, and I like that sometimes.

Jimmy Kimmel is not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2021 1:47 AM

I think Seth is a terrific and natural interviewer.

But can anyone tell me why he reads A Closer Look off the teleprompter at lightning speed with no inflection? He sounds like a kid doing a book report.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2021 1:52 AM

R53 I didn't know if he was or not, but it reminds me of my Jewish relatives. I guess its what, New York-ish?

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2021 1:53 AM

For R53

"While Kimmel — who dated comedian Sarah Silverman for several years — is often mistaken as a Jew, he was raised Roman Catholic and was once an altar boy."

OFTEN MISTAKEN AS A JEW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2021 1:55 AM

I never watch Fallon.

by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2021 2:00 AM

With everybody streaming now. Does anybody even watch these crap anymore?

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2021 2:02 AM

Mybe they can dig Dave Garroway out of mothballs and make him host?

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2021 2:04 AM

#LATENITE2WHITE Find all the males of late night (Colbert, Meyers, Corden, Kimmel, Fallon) to be rather one-note and boring and imagine they have all slipped in the ratings. Who is their audience? They are why people have Netflix, Hulu, Prime...

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2021 2:08 AM

I'm not quite 50, but I want an actual talk show. Not this scripted banter, publicist approved, skits, and games thing that these shows have become. Whatever happened to a real conversation where people are asked real questions were the host and the guest are connected and engaged with a topic that isn't only about their latest project?

by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2021 2:15 AM

R18 The lack of competition, streaming services and for decades cable kept Carson's ratings so high. He was habitual watched.

by Anonymousreply 62January 15, 2021 2:19 AM

R61 I believe Seth Meyers does this well. Trevor Noah is a good interviewer as well. It's not a total crap fest. Fallon though, is precisely all the things that you don't like, and that's probably why his ratings are bad. Colbert also has done some really deep interviews where things go in a raw and poignant direction. He's a pretty deep dude. I remember when Anderson Cooper's mom died, they had a very deep convo about it.

by Anonymousreply 63January 15, 2021 2:23 AM

Sarah Copper did an amazing job subbing for Seth Myers. Like better than Conan or Colbert or Fallon for their first year of shows. Someone give Sarah her own show.

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2021 2:24 AM

I was just gonna say, when will a truly funny woman get the Tonight Show gig? We keep hearing about how we need a female "Bond" or a female Dr. Who. But all the late night shows are white men. Let's mix it up. She has to be legit funny though, and not screamingly feminine. Such as a more likable Chelsea Handler type -- someone that transcends gender and has a ton of presernce.

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2021 2:28 AM

Cobert and Meyers and others will have to recreate themselves once Dump isn't president and is out of the headlines.

Jimmy's ratings may rise again.

by Anonymousreply 66January 15, 2021 2:33 AM

He's been trying to do 'serious' interviews and falling flat. Always looks like a kid trying not to laugh at church. No one tunes into him for that.

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2021 2:59 AM

Jimmy F should start an OnlyFans. Him showing off his cock would probably boost ratings insanely. He needs scandals — Carson divorced constantly, just for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2021 3:12 AM

No, Carson did not divorce, either constantly or for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2021 3:23 AM

Does this mean Jay Leno is on his way back just like after the Conan fiasco?

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2021 6:15 PM

I despise him - that stupid non-stop fake laughing.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2021 6:16 PM

If only Lynn Samuels were still alive. She's be a perfect fit to host the Tonight Show. It needs something completely different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2021 6:24 PM

Fallon's frat boy vibe is really what NBC/Universal on all levels is. From the landowners at Comcast to the Lorne Michael's dominance, its always been a white guys place. Fallon's charms fade as he gets older because his original appeal was the "goofy kid" schtick, which why he was so great playing off of Tina Fey. The boy playing off of "mom." It was the the perfect archetype. There's no way NBC will get rid of Fallon. Lorne Michaels has too much power, and he's Lorne Michael's "guy." End of story. What's most interesting lately is Fallon seems to be highly aware of how not hitting the mark he is. It's feels sort of desperate. He also, like NBC/Universal did for years, shilled for Trump with the famous hair rubbing moment. He's forever stained by that.

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2021 6:46 PM

No love for Samantha Bee?

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2021 6:52 PM

My favorite was Craig Ferguson, second Letterman. But of the currents, I go with Jimmy Kimmel. People say frat-boy but I think he's quite clever - and funnier than any of the current crew.

I think I remember that Jimmy Kimmel's mother was Italian - so maybe it's an Italian-American New Yorker thing he has going on. (dad's side was German)

Speaking of JAPs, I wish they'd give Sarah Silverman a try. It's about time to give the ladies another go at it.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2021 6:59 PM

"There's no way NBC will get rid of Fallon. Lorne Michaels has too much power, and he's Lorne Michael's "guy." End of story. "

Is this sort of like when everyone wanted to fire newscaster Howard Beal, but the chairman of the board Arthur Jensen wouldn't hear of it because Beal was his - delivering his message? It didn't work out so well for Howard Beal in the end...

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2021 7:02 PM

Jimmy Fallon seems like a nice guy, and he's funny enough, but his show feels more like daytime fare. You need a little more of an edge to host a nighttime show. However, I did love when he permitted Joan Rivers to return the Tonight Show for the first time in decades. I also loved when he had Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie perform "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" with a group of young kids playing makeshift instruments.

I think the ultimate host would be Chris Rock. He's gifted at stand-up, but he's also great at humorous ad-libbing during interviews. (Last week, Gayle King interviewed him, and he was funny and later, sensitive, when he talked about his childhood bullying and current therapy.) He's mature now, he's funny with an edge, and he's had a few decades to practice his chops.

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2021 7:02 PM

Letterman had the deadpan things down and he was white bread Midwestern - Indiana or something. Hell, Carson and Cavett both had it and they were Nebraskans. Maybe they learned it from Jews but it's pretty common among comedians. Even Conan the giant Irishman, but then, the Irish are very funny anyway (Graham Norton for example). As good as Brits at taking the piss. Maybe better.

by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2021 7:12 PM

R77 His wife begs to differ.

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2021 7:13 PM

* deadpan THING (not things)

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2021 7:13 PM

It's weirdly funny that not only will Fallon never live down playing with Trump's hair but that now it appears even WORSE.

by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2021 7:42 PM

I rather read about his drunken exploits.

by Anonymousreply 82January 15, 2021 7:43 PM

R75, I second your vote for Sarah Silverman. Not only is she a great stand-up comic, but she's also good at bits. A couple of months ago, she did funny interviews with kids for the Ellen show.

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2021 7:48 PM

Sarah Silverman is grating and irritating.

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2021 8:12 PM

Everyone likes Sarah Silverman (*except assholes)

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2021 10:14 PM

Only New Yorkers like Silverman.

by Anonymousreply 86January 15, 2021 11:10 PM

(86) I must be an exception, as a New Yorker, could never stand the sight of her, if she happens to be on tv, the channel is quickly changed.

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2021 1:01 AM

I like the guy, but I also like his competitors.

by Anonymousreply 88January 16, 2021 11:30 PM

With everybody streaming now. Does anybody watch this shit anymore? Celebrities plugging their crappy movies.

by Anonymousreply 89January 16, 2021 11:56 PM

I only watch the occasional clip online, when the celebrity guest is someone I like and am interested in. Since I dislike and am not interested in about 90% of current celebrities, I don't watch very often.

by Anonymousreply 90January 17, 2021 12:55 AM

He's not funny, he was the weakest member of the SNL cast he was a part of, his friendship with Timberlake is annoying, etc.

by Anonymousreply 91January 17, 2021 1:09 AM

"These shows are so useless and old fashion."

Oh dear, R30.

by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2021 1:16 AM

Fallon was charming and a fun watch when he started. He's too old for what he does, now, sadly. He's like the middle aged or older HS teacher trying to be cool and won with the teens. I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2021 2:00 AM

Is he still a drunk?

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2021 2:03 AM

He looks fat and sweaty. Rapist? Coke head? Drunk?

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2021 2:05 AM

Big booze bag.

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2021 3:26 AM

You Tube Jimmy Glick interviews him and Fallon is all giggles and more giggles. I believe he was sober at the time.

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2021 10:44 PM

I'd still fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2021 10:54 PM

We know you would, hon. We know.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2021 10:59 PM

r99 couldn't get laid in a morgue.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2021 11:04 PM

I only watch for the "Water Wars" and you can see them online. This, with Chris Hemsworth, made my jeans wet, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 19, 2021 12:30 AM

(97) I love when Jimmy asks Fallon about his relationship with Justin Timberlake..Jimmy shouts "you were lovers, admit it " then asks "where you top or bottom."

by Anonymousreply 102January 19, 2021 10:49 PM

On paper, he should be a good host but he is just too juvenile and always trying to force a joke. I don't know, the whole NBC late night thing is just stale and forced. It's of another era, and not done right. If you're going to do a late night show in the classic style, then go nostalgic and bring in some heavyweights, and some of that late night magic from the distant past..., otherwise update it for the modern era.

NBC is stuck in the 90s/early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 103January 19, 2021 10:59 PM

Yeah, NBC can't get over the days of Friends and Leno. 30 Rock used to mock the channel for trying to copy those days. Audiences have moved on and NBC is only just realising what a great back catalogue they have for streaming, almost 10 years after the office became a massive global hit on Netflix, probably a far bigger impact than when it originally aired.

by Anonymousreply 104January 19, 2021 11:15 PM

His fake laugh is more off-putting than the laugh track on Two Broke Girls. Un-fucking-watchable.

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2021 11:32 PM

I enjoyed this water war with Ryan Reynolds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 20, 2021 12:12 AM

Fallon doesn't have the gravitas to fill Carson's seat. Everything about him screams frat boy

by Anonymousreply 107January 20, 2021 12:16 AM

Fallon worked better at a later hour. R107, you’re right, he’s definitely more juvenile than the other hosts. Not much finesse with comedy.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2021 12:52 AM

I stayed away from Kimmel forever because I remember him as the fat dude on the lame Man Show from forever ago. But a couple of years ago I gave him a try. He's much, much wittier than I thought. I don't watch him every night, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I do.

I do love Seth though.

Fallon is just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 109January 20, 2021 1:51 AM

I didn't mind Fallon too much when he had an audience to play off. However, since Covid I watched less when he had his show in his home. It was kind creepy and I felt like a voyeur. He seemed to slowly unravel during 2020 and seems incoherent, at times. He may be drinking and drugging again. He needs a vacation, bad.

by Anonymousreply 110January 20, 2021 2:26 AM

Ugh, can’t believe people still tune into late night tv. I find it all unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 111January 20, 2021 10:02 AM

he’s fine. NBC loves him, if something were to happen he’s guaranteed work because Lorne Michaels loves him too.

by Anonymousreply 112January 20, 2021 12:03 PM

I don't find him funny or entertaining. He's good at impressions though. Fallon really should have a variety show. Anyway, a lot of late night network talk shows bore me because they're just there for celebs to advertise a product or project. The talk show hosts basically are just hype men to stroke the ego of the famous person. I dont know how they still exist outside of it being a tradition. Letterman was an ass but at least he was funny and not about kissing up to celebs which is why I can still watch his clips.

But I do like the more politically incorrect talk shows that air on cable like The Daily Show, Bill Maher, Colbert Report, John Oliver, Graham Norton and Conan and that's about it. Where they actually ask more hard questions and treat their guests like people.

by Anonymousreply 113January 20, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]Fallon really should have a variety show.

Are you posting from 1964?

by Anonymousreply 114January 20, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote] Are you posting from 1964?

Fallon would fit better in that era than today where he seems so antiquated. His target audience has to be older people who like it "safe" and "wholesome".

by Anonymousreply 115January 20, 2021 8:14 PM

This show is awful. I don’t know how he ever got this far in the first place. He isn’t funny. Sure, every once in a while he does something that makes me chuckle, but he is not good enough to anchor his own show. It’s painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 116January 20, 2021 8:21 PM

I hope Seth Meyers is heir apparent. He is a good interviewer, A Closer Look is spot on AND he calmly challenged John McCain's daughter which infuriated her and her nazi husband.

by Anonymousreply 117January 20, 2021 8:41 PM

Fallon had a cute body when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 118January 20, 2021 9:08 PM

Quelle surprise he's painfully unfunny. Also isn't he a closet-case?

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2021 3:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!