Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ivanka would not allow the Secret Service officers protecting her family to use one of her 7 bathrooms

Of course, she’s lying about it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2021 4:23 AM

Do the SS use to President's loo then?

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 4:42 PM

I’m gonna guess they don’t want to risk letting a person of color using their toilet.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 4:44 PM

Did they build them an outhouse like in The Help?

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 4:46 PM

Port-o-potty on the sidewalk, but the neighbors complained.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 4:48 PM

Jared kept trying to follow them in. I had to do this for the good of my marriage.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 4:49 PM

T R A S H

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 4:50 PM

pay wall

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 4:51 PM

The Help 2: Cunt Boogaloo

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 4:51 PM

I hope they pissed on her bed instead.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 4:52 PM

Where is this mansion located?

I can’t read the story; have used up all my free articles for the month. (It feels like they allow only one free article now, am I right?)

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote]At one point Ivanka's agents "began using a bathroom in a garage at the Obamas’ house, which the former president’s protective detail had turned into a command post."

[quote]Then someone left "an unpleasant mess" in that bathroom, & Ivanka's detail was banned by the Obamas'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 4:53 PM

Many U.S. Secret Service agents have stood guard in Washington’s elite Kalorama neighborhood, home over the years to Cabinet secretaries and former presidents. Those agents have had to worry about death threats, secure perimeters and suspicious strangers. But with the arrival of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, they had a new worry: finding a toilet.

Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.

A White House spokesperson denied that Trump and Kushner restricted agents from their 5,000-square-foot home, with its six bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms, and asserted that it was the Secret Service’s decision not to allow the protective detail inside. That account is disputed by a law enforcement official familiar with the situation, who said the agents were kept out at the family’s request.

A spokeswoman for the Secret Service declined to comment, saying the agency “does not discuss the means, methods or resources utilized to carry out our protective mission.”

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 4:54 PM

Try this link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 4:55 PM

Arrangements that allow for some distance between Secret Service agents and those they guard are not unusual, particularly when the agency’s “means, methods or resources” involve indoor plumbing. The people who qualify for such protection often occupy expensive, sprawling properties where a detail can use a garage, pool house or other outbuilding as a command post, break room and bathroom.

The episode in Kalorama is unusual because of the lengths to which the agents’ exile took them. In addition to their reliance on the restrooms used by fellow agents assigned to the Obamas and Pences, the detail occasionally popped into neighborhood businesses to avail themselves of the facilities.

“It’s the first time I ever heard of a Secret Service detail having to go to these extremes to find a bathroom,” said one law enforcement official familiar with the situation.

The agents’ bizarre odyssey played out in full view of a wealthy enclave in Northwest Washington, where many deplore Trump’s presidency and have expressed frustration over what they view as the Kushner family’s disregard for their neighbors. The community also includes multiple embassies and a house owned by Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon and owner of The Washington Post.

The blockade of precious street parking spaces by the Trump/Kushner Secret Service detail roiled the neighborhood early in 2017. The porta-potty erected for agents further enraged residents unaccustomed to such sights on stately Tracy Place NW. As the Trump administration enters its final days with the president impeached a second time for inciting a deadly attack on the Capitol, eyes in Kalorama are peeled for the sight of moving trucks.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 4:56 PM

Will they - as the daughter and son in law of an ex-president - still get a Secret Service detail after next week? Or, as private citizens, will they have to finance their own protection?

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 4:57 PM

I used to hook up with a guy who managers an art gala in Manhattan she would frequent with her husband and sometimes siblings, and he still to this day adores her. Not her brothers, father or mother in law.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 5:00 PM

Ha. If the secret service are ratting them out already, I expect some amazing tell all books. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 5:05 PM

They sort of came in with the attitude, like, ‘We are royalty,’” Dianne Bruce, who until recently lived across the street, said of Kushner and Trump. “When they put the porta-potty right outside on the sidewalk we weren’t allowed to walk on, that was when people in the neighborhood said, ‘That’s really not acceptable.’”

Bruce said she felt sympathy for the family’s protective detail as she watched agents trying to balance the call of duty with nature’s call.

“These poor people,” she remembers thinking when the porta-potty was hauled away. “What, are they going to have to get in their cars” to go to the bathroom?

They were, and they did.

Two law enforcement officials said the bathrooms inside the Trump/Kushner home were declared off-limits to the people protecting them from the beginning. One official did not know the reason for this restriction, while the other said it was instigated by the couple. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of security arrangements for the president’s family. White House spokesman Judd Deere denied that Trump and Kushner ever requested that their Secret Service detail not use the bathrooms in their home.

“When discussions regarding protecting their home were initially had in 2017, Ivanka and Jared made clear that their home would always be open to the incredible men and women on their detail. It was only after a decision by the [Secret Service] was made that their detail sought other accommodations,” Deere wrote in an email. “The Kushners have a tremendous amount of respect for the servicemen and women on their detail and for the United States Secret Service as a whole. Their home will always be open to them and they have immense gratitude for their service over the last four years.”

The porta-potty was the agency’s initial solution to the protective detail’s dilemma, but it was removed in the face of the neighborhood’s protests. After that, according to the law enforcement officials, the agents began using a bathroom in a garage at the Obamas’ house, which the former president’s protective detail had turned into a command post.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 5:06 PM

I didn't want poor people germs!

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 5:06 PM

The Obamas did not use the garage, so the extra traffic to and from the command post caused no problem. Yet this solution, too, was short-lived after a Secret Service supervisor from the Trump/Kushner detail left an unpleasant mess in the Obama bathroom at some point before the fall of 2017, according to a person briefed on the event. That prompted the leaders of the Obama detail to ban the agents up the street from ever returning.

The agents assigned to the president’s daughter and son-in-law began driving a mile to Pence’s home at the Naval Observatory, where they were allowed to use a bathroom in a stand-alone guard station. If they didn’t have time for that excursion, the law enforcement officials said, they relied on the hospitality of nearby restaurants.

So when the Secret Service knocked on the door of Kay Kendall in September 2017, she was not surprised to learn why.

“I think it was very clear that they just needed a place to take a shower, take a break, use the facilities, have lunch,” said Kendall, who is chairwoman of the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities and is married to Jack Davies, founder of AOL International. “I’m happy to be able to have helped them.”

Apart from the Kalorama house where she lives, Kendall owns a home across the street from Trump and Kushner. That house has a basement unit, including a bathroom, that is accessible from the rear. She thought of breaking that space off and ran the idea by the house’s tenant, former Connecticut congressman Anthony “Toby” Moffat..

“I told her, ‘It’s fine, if you reduce the rent,’” Moffett recalled.

General Services Administration records indicate that the lease of the 820-square-foot basement on Tracy Place NW began on Sept. 27, 2017. It is due to expire on Sept. 26 of this year, at which point the federal government will have paid a total of $144,000 for the space.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Secret Service agents typically seek low-profile location for their command post and restroom, said Steve Atkiss, who served as special assistant for operations to former president George W. Bush and chief of staff at U.S. Customs and Border Protection. For example, former White House chief of staff Andy Card had a trailer set up for his protective detail at the end of his block in Virginia, Atkiss recalled. At the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, a building was constructed specifically for the security detail of two former presidents, he said. “I’ve seen it accomplished 1,000 different ways,” Atkiss said. “They don’t want to be in their personal space.”

In Kalorama, the Kushner/Trump agents were pleased with their new digs, the law enforcement officials said. The studio had plenty of natural light. Some considered it akin to a well-heeled lawyer’s study. Most importantly, it opened on a tidy bathroom. “It’s been no big deal,” Moffett said. “They have been very nice to our grandchildren.

The Secret Service has repeatedly incurred serious costs from providing protection to President Trump’s children. In October, The Post reported that Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. had enriched their family’s business, as the Trump Organization charged the federal government at least $238,000 for agents’ lodgings when the trio and their families visited Trump properties. Trump says he lost billions of dollars being president instead of running his business, which his sons have operated the past four years..

Deere declined to comment on how long Trump and Kushner plan to stay in Kalorama after President Trump leaves office next week. Some neighbors are looking forward to their exit.

“I want my nice, quiet neighborhood back," said Marti Robinson, a trial attorney who lives across the street and was an Obama-appointed member of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

On a recent Tuesday, some quiet seemed to have returned. There was no sign of activity at the Kushner family’s residence, with its gray exterior shutters and white walls of brick. Black SUVs were parked in front.

A door to one of those SUVs opened, revealing what was, for the moment, the street’s only sign of life: A man wearing a dark suit, badge and crimson tie. He walked purposefully across the street, arms straight at his sides, and disappeared behind the house whose basement is being rented by the U.S. government. Five minutes later, he reemerged, recrossed the street, and stepped back into his vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 5:08 PM

What does it mean to "manage an art gala"?

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 5:09 PM

-Then someone left "an unpleasant mess" in that bathroom, & Ivanka's detail was banned by the Obamas'.

Next on FOX news- Michele Obama forbids Secret Service use of any of her 7, tax-payer funded, bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 5:10 PM

Leave it to the Trashy Trumps to treat the SS worse than you would the Best Buy Geek Squad coming to install a TV or a landscaper.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 5:22 PM

"That prompted the leaders of the Obama detail to ban the agents up the street from ever returning."

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 5:22 PM

Thank you very much R12/14/18/20 etc

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 5:22 PM

Also, SS detail is only for the sitting President’s children and after office is only continued for children under 16.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 5:25 PM

Not much else going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 5:27 PM

Mega Cunt - total POS. Florida can have her, good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 5:28 PM

R28 people are worn out on impeachment and insurrection

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 5:29 PM

both siderism

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 5:30 PM

Yeah, R25, after reading the story I'm questioning why Dan Zak (who I linked to in a tweet earlier) made it sound like the Obamas banned the Trump detail. It was the Obama Secret Service detail who kicked them out, the Obamas didn't know anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]Will they - as the daughter and son in law of an ex-president - still get a Secret Service detail after next week? Or, as private citizens, will they have to finance their own protection?

Rule is that no, your adult children do not get it after the President leaves the White House.

However, there's a caveat.

The President can sign a directive to extend Secret Service protection for their adult children after they leave office. Both Bush (for the twins) and Bill Clinton (for Chelsea) got it for their kids for an undisclosed period of time after they both exited.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2021 5:43 PM

I don't think this "bathroom story" is a distraction from the more serious news; it's an amplification of the political concerns in this whole administration and everything they do—a confirmation of the oligarchic, dictatorial regime that hopefully will be out of power soon.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2021 5:44 PM

The Trump kids can afford their own security from now on.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 5:47 PM

Why didn't the government insist on keeping the port o pottys(at least two) in front of the house. Why didn't they tell the neighbors to go fuck themselves? The neighbors would have then forced the Kushners to allow them to use their house. But these neighbors sound as entitled and indulged as the Kushners.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 5:48 PM

She needs one of Minnie's special pies.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2021 5:56 PM

As I understand it, Ivanka and Jared told them once they'd moved in - no bathroom use in our house. That's when the Port-a-Potty got put up.

Then somebody must have made a real mess at the Obama's.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2021 5:59 PM

It was Malia.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2021 6:02 PM

So six toilets for the Secret Service wasn't sufficient ?

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2021 6:06 PM

Did you not read the article r40?

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2021 6:10 PM

I mean, I hate the Kushners, but seeing as how someone from the Kushners' Secret Service detail took a dump in the Obama's shed and didn't clean up after himself, perhaps the Kushners had reason for pause.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2021 6:19 PM

but her toilets are full of used adult diapers...

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2021 6:20 PM

Lord, what a miserable life it would be to have to guard the insufferable Dump spawn. I felt sorry for the SS guys in the story, though they clearly did something to piss off the Obama SS (probably intentionally), so maybe they deserved life with Vanky & Slenderman.

I've said this before, but when Dump & Co. are gone for good, the stories that people like this are going to tell are going to be mind boggling. SS agents must be use to self-important politicians, but these people sound like next level awful.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2021 6:34 PM

R42. Don’t you think the Kushners encouraged them to make the mess?

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2021 6:35 PM

It has to be said: $3000 for a basement studio? When the upstairs tenant reads about this, he’s going to be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2021 6:40 PM

I'm a private person and can understand not wanting someone inside the house, especially when I first wake up in the morning.

But it sounds like a huge house. Seems like there would have been a powder room or something close to the entry / vestibule / foyer.

I think I would have allowed it & hired professionals to clean it.

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2021 6:43 PM

R42, the implication is that the SS supervisor (see article) who messed up the Obama bathroom did it intentionally. See all the reportage about Biden replacing the existing presidential SS detail with people he trusts.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2021 6:51 PM

This bitch made over $100 million profiting from her role in the WH. She can pay for her own security.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2021 6:53 PM

R36, I think it safe to assume that a permanent porta-potty was the straw that broke the camel's back, in addition to all the disruption of the Secret Service vehicles. I know here in my SF 'hood, during Mark Zuckerberg's 2-year renovation his initially tolerant neighbors finally objected when his multiple security SUVs took up 4+ spaces on a street where parking is hard to come by.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2021 6:57 PM

Color me shocked Jared was on his knees guzzling hot piss directly from the SS source. I bet he'd take it up his ass, too. He's got the face of a guy who likes to get piss fucked.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2021 7:00 PM

R45, probably, knowing how malignant and awful this entire family is.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2021 7:27 PM

I didn't actually get that far into the story to read about the suspicions about the Secret Service detail fucking with the Obamas. What the fuck. Why fuck with the Obamas?

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2021 7:28 PM

The Help 2: Feckless Cunt

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2021 7:32 PM

I found this humorous also at the OP's link

The White House asked to borrow a van Gogh. The Guggenheim offered a gold toilet instead.

The emailed response from the Guggenheim's chief curator to the White House was polite but firm: The museum could not accommodate a request to borrow a painting by Vincent van Gogh for President and Melania Trump's private living quarters.

Instead, wrote the curator, Nancy Spector, another piece was available, one that was nothing like "Landscape With Snow," the 1888 van Gogh rendering of a man in a black hat walking along a path in Arles, France, with his dog.

The curator's alternative: an 18-karat, fully functioning, solid gold toilet — an interactive work titled "America" that critics have described as pointed satire aimed at the excess of wealth in this country.

For a year, the Guggenheim had exhibited "America" — the creation of contemporary artist Maurizio Cattelan — in a public restroom on the museum's fifth floor for visitors to use.

But the exhibit was over and the toilet was available "should the President and First Lady have any interest in installing it in the White House," Spector wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post.

The artist "would like to offer it to the White House for a long-term loan," wrote Spector, who has been critical of Trump. "It is, of course, extremely valuable and somewhat fragile, but we would provide all the instructions for its installation and care."

Sarah Eaton, a Guggenheim spokeswoman, confirmed that Spector wrote the email Sept. 15 to Donna Hayashi Smith of the White House's Office of the Curator. Spector, who has worked in various capacities at the museum for 29 years, was unavailable to talk about her offer, Eaton said.

The White House did not respond to inquiries about the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2021 8:30 PM

The United States Secret Service assigned to protect the T****-Kushners 24/7 for the past four years were going down the street to the OBAMA'S HOUSE to use the bathroom.

We need to shit all over these two. Daily.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2021 8:35 PM

R32 He didn't make it sound that way at all, at least not to people who understand how to use apostrophes.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2021 8:53 PM

I bet it was because Jared and ivanka left massive skidmarks in the toilet bowl.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2021 9:53 PM

They *are* massive skidmarks, r58.

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2021 9:55 PM

This pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2021 9:56 PM

I'm sure it will all be settled, Jared needed time to drill a peep hold in one of the bathrooms, when that is done, the SS will be allowed to use only that bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2021 10:02 PM

Any time this skank’s name is mentioned I remember the photo taken with her, Christine Lagarde and Angela Merkel - I’m sure they’ve regarded what’s scrapped off their shoes with more genuine interest.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2021 10:02 PM

How hard is it to drill a gloryhole in a porta-potty?

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2021 10:20 PM

Why does it look like she's coming out of an old prison? Checking out her new digs?

by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote] they clearly did something to piss off the Obama SS (probably intentionally)

Yep. It definitely sounds like there is more poop to this story.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2021 10:37 PM

"Yep. It definitely sounds like there is more poop to this story"

That must be a requirement to work with Dump or in the Dump administration: do you have irritable bowel syndrome, do you suffer from excessive flatulence? Are your bowel movements loose and runny? If so, President Donald Trump wants YOU and YOUR POO!!

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2021 10:51 PM

Some of you are sick. Jared isn’t gay and isn’t even attractive, so why would you want him to be?

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2021 1:33 AM

I hope the SS starting shitting in the bushes or in commonly used walkways. I also hope they set up spycams in the bathrooms to confirm Jared picks his nose and looks at it while shitting.

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2021 3:04 AM

"Jared isn't gay," r67? Like you have any clue about this wraith-like escapee from Mme Tussaud's.

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2021 3:42 AM

[quote]Why fuck with the Obamas?

Gee, I cant think of why the Trump SS would want to shit on Obama's floor. Racist cunts.

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2021 5:02 AM

She should be confined to a port-a-potty for 30 days.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2021 5:09 AM

I would, but there would be cameras.

by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2021 5:38 AM

[quote]Where is this mansion located?

It looks like Ivanka Trump's house is at 2449 Tracy Place NW at Kalorama Road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2021 5:54 AM

GARBAGE PEOPLE!!!

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2021 6:04 AM

I would prefer not to piss or shit anywhere where the naked asses of Ivanka and Jared shat.

I'd take the Pence potty any day.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2021 6:08 AM

I bet the Trump SS Agent smeared shit on the walls like those apes in the capitol did.

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote]Don’t you think the Kushners encouraged them to make the mess?

Since the toilet at the Obama home was in a Secret Service outbuilding and the Obamas never went in there because it wasn't part of the home itself, I'd say that it was probably some Secret Service guy who thought it would be hilarious to take a dump and not flush, just to give his colleagues shit (no pun), and everyone lost their toilet privileges in response.

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2021 8:58 AM

Thank you for weighing in, Dan Zak at r57, but bitching about the apostrophe is childish.

The way he worded his tweet was not immediately clear, and he's a bluecheck WaPo reporter whose job is to be clear about the news, not be flippant and too lazy to edit a tweet to make its meaning obvious. He got to the end of his allotted characters and got lazy, then fell back on the petulant "you just don't understand apostrophes 'cause yer stupid" defense, which is utterly ridiculous behavior from an alleged adult.

by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2021 9:06 AM

The fact you think a blue check on Twitter means anything says it all, really. It was perfectly clear what he meant. Another way you could've avoided being confused would've been by actually reading the article, instead of just tweets about it.

by Anonymousreply 79January 16, 2021 1:59 AM

They should've shit on her doorstep.

by Anonymousreply 80January 16, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote] Some of you are sick.

Um.. I suppose that's possible. Personally, I'm feeling great. Healthy as a horse.

[quote] Jared isn’t gay

Assumes facts not in evidence.

[quote] and isn’t even attractive,

True.

[quote] so why would you want him to be?

No one "wants" him to be gay, dear. We certainly wouldn't fuck him. Jared and Barbie deign to "accept" homosexuals while participating in an administration and a political party that targets and victimizes them.

Do try to keep up, R67, your... rube-density is so unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 81January 16, 2021 6:15 PM

How close do the Obamas live near Javanka? Close enough that you just walk down the street when nature calls?

by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2021 10:00 PM

I think one of the articles I read said that both Pence's house and President Obama's house are within a mile of Barbivanka's and Jared's.

Same general neighborhood, not next door. Not close enough to take a bathroom break while you're on security duty.

by Anonymousreply 83January 16, 2021 10:13 PM

R82 A three minute walk according to Google Maps

R83 It wasn't Pence's private house, it was the VP residence they were using

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2021 4:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!