Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

šŸ¶ A dollface moment šŸ¶

I'm WEEPING.

Maybe I'm just overly emotional today. What do you think?

[bold]ALERT: for animal/dog lovers only....aggressives not welcome to post[/bold]

(runs for 53 seconds)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2021 12:18 AM

OP, I had the same reaction. So sweet and yet so sad.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 3:20 PM

I know it isn't an option for everyone, but when I grew up, we always had two dogs for this reason. Everyone either had to go to work/school at some point and the dog would be alone for at least 4 hours most days. It is just hard on them.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 3:24 PM

The dog is freaked out because it's the first time. Once she knows they always return she won't suffer so much.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 3:27 PM

There puppy daycare for people who are gone for long periods.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 3:30 PM

First of all, I love the Dollface troll. I thing he/she is lovely.

As others have said, once the dog learns that the owner will come back it might just take a nap. Start with short leavings and slowly increase them.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote]once the dog learns that the owner will come back it might just take a nap.

There is a follow-up video.

She now gets up to mischief when they go out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 3:47 PM

To be honest thatā€™s a little insensitive. Youā€™re supposed to condition them gradually - the first time you leave them itā€™s for about five minutes. Not an hour. Idiots. Would be good if people did some reading. But yes agreed with the post up thread in due course the dog wonā€™t care if youā€™re not there but is always over the moon to see you.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 3:53 PM

I find monitoring a puppy with a camera disgusting. It's one step above up-skirting. Don't you bitches respect any privacy anymore?

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 3:58 PM

You should take a nice long walk before you leave for them to work off some energy and so they can poop/pee. An hour for the first time is much to long. I agree with R7, it should be about 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 3:59 PM

Very sweet, but I could have done without the music.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 4:00 PM

Some people spend more time learning to use their tech toys than in researching training methods and using them on newly acquired pets.

Plus, that puppy needs a bunch of age-appropriate toys to keep her occupied.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 4:02 PM

Such a cutie! I wish I had a Westie.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 4:05 PM

Aww, that baby needs a friend. If 2 dogs is too much for them they should get a kitten. Cats have a special way of calming excitable puppies down. They could grow up together.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 4:20 PM

I grew up with a Westie. I want one now, but Iā€™m not sure how my cat would feel about it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 4:29 PM

You guys are pushing for a yorkie and thatā€™s just wrong.

And, you know damn well that EVERY TIME you leave the dog thinks youā€™ve been stolen, killed, eaten, or struck by a car and you are NEVER coming back and thereā€™s not even an emergency cat to eat.

What part of histrionic are you pretending not to understand?

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]I grew up with a Westie. I want one now,

i did too. When I get a dog I think I'll get another. My mother has rescued TWO and they've been a great success.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 4:44 PM

"ALERT: for animal/dog lovers only....aggressives not welcome to post"

I guess users can now censor DL at whim?

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 4:45 PM

The dog has grown into a BEAUTY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 4:47 PM

Anyone whose vocabulary includes "dollface" is aggressive. I hate the word more than I hate "veggies." Dolls smell and their faces are usually dirty. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 4:48 PM

[quote]Anyone whose vocabulary includes "dollface" is aggressive. I hate the word more than I hate "veggies." Dolls smell and their faces are usually dirty. Gross.

it seems you can't read >>>

[quote]ALERT: for animal/dog lovers only....aggressives not welcome to post

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 4:52 PM

Except, r20, I am a dog lover.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 5:01 PM

Here's a double dollface alert. Dachshund plays with wild bunny. Bunny then chases the pup and gives him a love nip on the run. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote]The dog is freaked out because it's the first time. Once she knows they always return she won't suffer so much.

Not my dog who still freaks the fuck out whenever I leave. But itā€™s more of a "how dare you leave me?!?" indignation than sadness.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 5:09 PM

^ shows you...rabbits aren't as passive as people think. I once saw a rabbit nip at a magpie.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 5:10 PM

OP types Frau with her emojis and desperate need for there to never be any negative emotions in the world

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]OP types Frau with her emojis and desperate need for there to never be any negative emotions in the world

Oh, dear, the trolls are arriving. they cant resist spreading their venom.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 5:21 PM

The dog is weeping about the lack of art on the walls!

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 5:22 PM

R26 fuck you, Cunt, and your little dog too!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]The dog is weeping about the lack of art on the walls!

Yes, bit cell-like. Maybe it's a short term rental.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Is there really anyone more delusional than someone who posts to Datalounge and expects it to be Pollyanna-esque?

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 5:27 PM

OP Post a vid of their neighbor quarantined and having to listen to that howling mutt for hours. If you can't be responsible for your animal don't own one selfish asshole.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 5:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 5:31 PM

Re sites similar to R32's link: does anyone know how to get rid of those gross earwax ads?

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2021 5:35 PM

I was equally perplexed about someone whoā€™s front door opens out, not in.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2021 6:50 PM

this with the same dog is so funny - she's still a puppy but the older dog has more grown-up games it wants to play

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 6:52 PM

do dogs have a sense of time?

When I dog sit and go out for an hour they react the same way they do that time I came back after a minute because I'd forgotten something.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 7:03 PM

i think you'd need to be away for more than a minute to get a big welcome, R36 - your dogs sound strange.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2021 7:09 PM

R37 Bitch

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2021 7:12 PM

Iā€™ve had my dog for 4 years and the other day I had to leave the house for like 30 minutes. She was freaked out after only that short amount of time. But then again Iā€™ve been around all the time now because of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2021 7:27 PM

where is this filmed? - somewhere like Sweden, I think.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2021 7:29 PM

We have to network pet socialization with people who can Work From Home after Covid.

Thatā€™s good socialization for everyone. We will judge you if you babysit in those shoes. Thatā€™s constructive.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2021 7:38 PM

Aggressives? What, frau cunt OP, you saw the SVU with Mrs. Kathy and now you think you know what gay is all about?

Fucking retard cunt.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2021 7:38 PM

Must Control. Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2021 9:01 PM

Why not crate train the dog? Win-win for everyone. But then my dog is 55 pounds.

Itā€™s her safe space, and she knows it. Sheā€™s safe, secure, in her den-like kennel. The house is not torn up, she doesnā€™t get anxious, she doesnā€™t potty.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2021 11:26 PM

Cat addict is a dollface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2021 11:59 PM

Gosh, how I envy the neighbors of that adorable dog's owner! They get to appreciate the whining, crying and barking without being about to do anything about it. All day. All night. Whenever the owner decides to go out or the canine cutie decides to cut up.

I love dogs. I don't have one because I live in an apartment. Dogs - especially puppies - do not belong in apartments.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2021 12:06 AM

Thanks, Dollface Troll!

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2021 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!