Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That gurl, Tilda...

"always felt queer.".

This I can believe.

[quote]In a new interview with British Vogue, Swinton, 60, said that her definition of queer was not confined to gender or sexuality, but for her, “to do with sensibility.” “I always felt I was queer – I was just looking for my queer circus, and I found it,” she told the mag, adding, “And having found it, it’s my world.” Citing directors she has worked with, Swinton continued, “Now I have a family with Wes Anderson, I have a family with Bong Joon-ho, I have a family with Jim Jarmusch, I have a family with Luca Guadagnino, with Lynne Ramsay, with Joanna Hogg.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 10, 2021 6:31 AM

I’d say, and then some!

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 3:00 PM

I always knew she'd morph into Mildred Natwick.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 3:04 PM

She's rather ODD, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 3:05 PM

I hate Wes Anderson.

Are movie directors really family to an actor? There for you when you need them?

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote]Are movie directors really family to an actor? There for you when you need them?

While you're hot, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 3:09 PM

Well, doesn't she "have family" with her husband and kids? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote]I hate Wes Anderson.

why?

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote]Well, doesn't she "have family" with her husband and kids? I'm confused.

So is she.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 3:10 PM

I like her but this is insufferable gobbledygook

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote]“Now I have a family with Wes Anderson, I have a family with Bong Joon-ho, I have a family with Jim Jarmusch, I have a family with Luca Guadagnino, with Lynne Ramsay, with Joanna Hogg.”

oh, MARY...so POPULAR!

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]I like her but this is insufferable gobbledygook

It's called "Tilda without a script".

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 3:14 PM

Do you fall in love with women (in addition to the two men you've married)? Or you a FTM trans? Or are you merely an ally? Why be so fucking vague? This quote tells us nothing except that you want us to play a guessing game.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 3:17 PM

Her skin, always so delicate, so proto-crepey, now looks like an overripe fruit on the verge of rot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 3:26 PM

We are Family, I’ve got all my oddballs with me!

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 3:32 PM

So she's saying she's a special Hollywood snowflake that doesn't have anything of substance to say and wants attention?

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 3:47 PM

lets just attach ourselves to GAYS. They'll take anybody.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 3:50 PM

R16, well she does kind of look the part, but the trend of pretending to be a lesbian while only sleeping with men ended in around 2008. (Hopefully, now that bs will now be recognized as cultural appropriation.) Until she wants to share about her relationship with a female partner, she should stop talking about being "queer".

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 3:55 PM

It probably all started with Orlando. But that bitch has a husband, a lover, and fabulous frocks. More power to her.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 4:02 PM

She's so fucking precious.

And Michael Clayton was incredibly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote]During the interview, she also admitted she never had “any ambition as an artist. That may sound crazy and transgressive, but it’s a fact,” she said. “If you’d asked me when I was 10 or 20, I would have said my only ambitions were to live in a family, to have friends that made me laugh and laughed at my jokes, and to live in the Highlands of Scotland, by the sea with a lot of dogs and a kitchen garden … Everything else is a bonus. Everything else is just icing and candles and flowers alongside.”

Fuck off you absolute wally.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 4:13 PM

I'll never forget the time she left her elderly husband in Scotland with the kids and brought her much more telegenic younger boyfriend to the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 4:15 PM

I love her and she can do no wrong in my eyes.

I appreciate her work, but what sealed it for me was this. Shortly after Roger Ebert's death (a critic who was a great fan of hers), she attends the film festival that bears his name, and leads a dance-a-long that is an expression of joy in the face of grief. Makes me cry every time I see it. Beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 4:31 PM

Would it kill her to put on some eye makeup? Her white eyelashes and eyebrows don't help with her ugliness. Just a suggestion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 4:44 PM

We had a thread years ago on her, and always referred to her as SWINTON.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 4:49 PM

[quote]Would it kill her to put on some eye makeup? Her white eyelashes and eyebrows don't help with her ugliness. Just a suggestion.

She WANTS to look odd.

Remember the gay flag in Moscow?

>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 4:51 PM

Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 4:53 PM

I went to school with her brother (on right).

He was older than me, but always a nice guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 4:55 PM

This is her cryptic way of saying she's a lesbian.

Or a bisexual who has a stronger preference for women.

So nice for her husband and his manhood!

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 4:55 PM

[quote] We had a thread years ago on her, and always referred to her as SWINTON.

How... queer. Isn’t that her name?

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 4:57 PM

This really is just further proof that the use of the word ‘queer’ is just cultural appropriation, and it’s INSANE that no one bats an eye at its use. It’s like the Rachel Dolezal case, transposed onto gay people, and writ large.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 4:59 PM

r29, why yes, but it was always in capitals, and never by her first name.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 5:07 PM

She’s always been on a gay, arty scene. Faghag of Jarman. She isn’t saying she fucks women in that little blurb. Obvious cock fiend.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 5:19 PM

We know she doesn’t fuck women, R32, which is why it’s stupid of her to says she’s always felt ‘queer’. And she is using it the non-heteronormative sense here, not the ‘odd’ sense (which is the only usage I’ll ever allow.)

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2021 5:24 PM

She has no husband....Sandro Kopp is her partner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2021 5:27 PM

No, honey, you are not queer, unless you are eating pussy. Don’t be a female Robbie Williams, please?

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 5:28 PM

R28 Wait, what?

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 5:30 PM

our DEAR friends, Sandro & Tilda!

love

Wes Anderson Bong Joon-ho, Jim Jarmusch,Luca Guadagnino, Lynne Ramsay and Joanna Hogg

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2021 5:31 PM

Lucky lad, he gets to work on a lot of her projects.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote]Wes Anderson Bong Joon-ho, Jim Jarmusch,Luca Guadagnino, Lynne Ramsay and Joanna Hogg

I wonder how they're all so close if she lives in a remote part of Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]In a new interview with British Vogue, Swinton, 60, said that her definition of queer was not confined to gender or sexuality, but for her, “to do with sensibility.”

Then she needs to find another word.

Artsy, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote]And Michael Clayton was incredibly overrated.

I have to disagree, that was a brilliant film and she deserved the Oscar.

The scary thing is I've known several "career women" who are exactly like the one she portrayed in the film. Nightmares, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2021 6:27 PM

When you run as deep of a faghag as Tilda is and has always been, yes she can call herself queer. She’s the same as us.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2021 10:08 PM

Bump. I just realized that I always like any film Tilda is in. I enjoy both her performances and the artful films she chooses to do. Just revisited "I Am Love," now just started "The Souvenir." Her daughter stars in it, and is quite enjoyable herself – has the air of a diffident well-brought-up English girl, almost Diana-like. Tilda plays her mother and has chosen to let herself look pretty old. I hope the film is good, I hear it has a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2021 1:50 AM

R43, you 'just realized' you love Tilda soooo much that you used your brand-new free account with zero prior comments to post about your love for her? In a thread that had no posts for a year and a half? And half of those posts are red-lined?

Yeah right. You are a bump bitch.

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2021 2:13 AM

I am a paying customer, Madam at R44.

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2021 2:19 AM

Why do people go into hysterics over bumped threads? I'll never understand it. Same ones who take a duplicate thread as a personal affront?

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2021 2:28 AM

R22 I love it as well. I’m a bitter bitch with no friends, but if I did I’d love a tribute like that.

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2021 2:36 AM

I like her as an actress but her quotes are insufferable!

I don’t gaf about your darling , prestigious and acclaimed friends and Scotland kitchen garden and your cozy queer existence. Stfu!

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2021 2:41 AM

People talk about bump bitches because they are the trolls and sockpuppets posting racist and homophobic shit, and posting endless Markle threads, and going on and on and on about how LeVar Burton was all wrong as host as Jeopardy.

Bump bitches post to old threads because they think nobody will notice or care. They must make these posts, or their accounts don't get enough karma to start EST threads about how they nearly got cheated out of a $5 coupon at CVS. Remember, you can't start threads until your account has achieved certain karma.

I don't believe R45's comment is true. Or at the very least, she is not using her paid account to post, for her very first post evah, about Tiilda Swinton. She may have a paid account, but she is using another account in this thread. It is possible to have multiple accounts, and bump bitches usually have dozens of them.

If R45 really loved Tilda Swinton for the first time tonight, she would have started a new thread about her, rather than posting to this one where several of the posts are red-tagged because the authors of those posts were identified as trolls.

Again, R45's account has no prior posts. The reason being because it's a new account, and she's using this non-Primetime time to post and build up karma for her sockpuppets so she can use them to troll with them later. It's even possible to have a registered name on a free account.

It's always a good idea to thwart bump bitches by FFing and blocking their posts, to thwart their trolling.

I've decided my next project will be to actually follow a couple bump bitches and see how their accounts develop over time.

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2021 2:52 AM

R49 Shh

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2021 2:59 AM

"The Souvenir" is pretty slow...

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2021 3:07 AM

R44 no posts for a year and a half? This thread was made six months ago, you dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2021 5:09 AM

My typo, R52 - a half-year not a year and a half, but also not a dumbass, because again, this thread was never popular, many posts were red-lined, and it has few posts overall. This thread remains a honeypot for sockpuppet trolls, and you are one of them, R52.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2021 3:29 PM

THIS is what you worry about, R53?

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2021 4:10 PM

R53 Your truly are a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 55August 10, 2021 6:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!