Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That gurl, Tilda...

"always felt queer.".

This I can believe.

[quote]In a new interview with British Vogue, Swinton, 60, said that her definition of queer was not confined to gender or sexuality, but for her, “to do with sensibility.” “I always felt I was queer – I was just looking for my queer circus, and I found it,” she told the mag, adding, “And having found it, it’s my world.” Citing directors she has worked with, Swinton continued, “Now I have a family with Wes Anderson, I have a family with Bong Joon-ho, I have a family with Jim Jarmusch, I have a family with Luca Guadagnino, with Lynne Ramsay, with Joanna Hogg.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4201/14/2021

I’d say, and then some!

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2021

I always knew she'd morph into Mildred Natwick.

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2021

She's rather ODD, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2021

I hate Wes Anderson.

Are movie directors really family to an actor? There for you when you need them?

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2021

[quote]Are movie directors really family to an actor? There for you when you need them?

While you're hot, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2021

Well, doesn't she "have family" with her husband and kids? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 601/14/2021

[quote]I hate Wes Anderson.

why?

by Anonymousreply 701/14/2021

[quote]Well, doesn't she "have family" with her husband and kids? I'm confused.

So is she.

by Anonymousreply 801/14/2021

I like her but this is insufferable gobbledygook

by Anonymousreply 901/14/2021

[quote]“Now I have a family with Wes Anderson, I have a family with Bong Joon-ho, I have a family with Jim Jarmusch, I have a family with Luca Guadagnino, with Lynne Ramsay, with Joanna Hogg.”

oh, MARY...so POPULAR!

by Anonymousreply 1001/14/2021

[quote]I like her but this is insufferable gobbledygook

It's called "Tilda without a script".

by Anonymousreply 1101/14/2021

Do you fall in love with women (in addition to the two men you've married)? Or you a FTM trans? Or are you merely an ally? Why be so fucking vague? This quote tells us nothing except that you want us to play a guessing game.

by Anonymousreply 1201/14/2021

Her skin, always so delicate, so proto-crepey, now looks like an overripe fruit on the verge of rot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1301/14/2021

We are Family, I’ve got all my oddballs with me!

by Anonymousreply 1401/14/2021

So she's saying she's a special Hollywood snowflake that doesn't have anything of substance to say and wants attention?

by Anonymousreply 1501/14/2021

lets just attach ourselves to GAYS. They'll take anybody.

by Anonymousreply 1601/14/2021

R16, well she does kind of look the part, but the trend of pretending to be a lesbian while only sleeping with men ended in around 2008. (Hopefully, now that bs will now be recognized as cultural appropriation.) Until she wants to share about her relationship with a female partner, she should stop talking about being "queer".

by Anonymousreply 1701/14/2021

It probably all started with Orlando. But that bitch has a husband, a lover, and fabulous frocks. More power to her.

by Anonymousreply 1801/14/2021

She's so fucking precious.

And Michael Clayton was incredibly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 1901/14/2021

[quote]During the interview, she also admitted she never had “any ambition as an artist. That may sound crazy and transgressive, but it’s a fact,” she said. “If you’d asked me when I was 10 or 20, I would have said my only ambitions were to live in a family, to have friends that made me laugh and laughed at my jokes, and to live in the Highlands of Scotland, by the sea with a lot of dogs and a kitchen garden … Everything else is a bonus. Everything else is just icing and candles and flowers alongside.”

Fuck off you absolute wally.

by Anonymousreply 2001/14/2021

I'll never forget the time she left her elderly husband in Scotland with the kids and brought her much more telegenic younger boyfriend to the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 2101/14/2021

I love her and she can do no wrong in my eyes.

I appreciate her work, but what sealed it for me was this. Shortly after Roger Ebert's death (a critic who was a great fan of hers), she attends the film festival that bears his name, and leads a dance-a-long that is an expression of joy in the face of grief. Makes me cry every time I see it. Beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2201/14/2021

Would it kill her to put on some eye makeup? Her white eyelashes and eyebrows don't help with her ugliness. Just a suggestion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2301/14/2021

We had a thread years ago on her, and always referred to her as SWINTON.

by Anonymousreply 2401/14/2021

[quote]Would it kill her to put on some eye makeup? Her white eyelashes and eyebrows don't help with her ugliness. Just a suggestion.

She WANTS to look odd.

Remember the gay flag in Moscow?

>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2501/14/2021

Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 2601/14/2021

I went to school with her brother (on right).

He was older than me, but always a nice guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2701/14/2021

This is her cryptic way of saying she's a lesbian.

Or a bisexual who has a stronger preference for women.

So nice for her husband and his manhood!

by Anonymousreply 2801/14/2021

[quote] We had a thread years ago on her, and always referred to her as SWINTON.

How... queer. Isn’t that her name?

by Anonymousreply 2901/14/2021

This really is just further proof that the use of the word ‘queer’ is just cultural appropriation, and it’s INSANE that no one bats an eye at its use. It’s like the Rachel Dolezal case, transposed onto gay people, and writ large.

by Anonymousreply 3001/14/2021

r29, why yes, but it was always in capitals, and never by her first name.

by Anonymousreply 3101/14/2021

She’s always been on a gay, arty scene. Faghag of Jarman. She isn’t saying she fucks women in that little blurb. Obvious cock fiend.

by Anonymousreply 3201/14/2021

We know she doesn’t fuck women, R32, which is why it’s stupid of her to says she’s always felt ‘queer’. And she is using it the non-heteronormative sense here, not the ‘odd’ sense (which is the only usage I’ll ever allow.)

by Anonymousreply 3301/14/2021

She has no husband....Sandro Kopp is her partner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3401/14/2021

No, honey, you are not queer, unless you are eating pussy. Don’t be a female Robbie Williams, please?

by Anonymousreply 3501/14/2021

R28 Wait, what?

by Anonymousreply 3601/14/2021

our DEAR friends, Sandro & Tilda!

love

Wes Anderson Bong Joon-ho, Jim Jarmusch,Luca Guadagnino, Lynne Ramsay and Joanna Hogg

by Anonymousreply 3701/14/2021

Lucky lad, he gets to work on a lot of her projects.

by Anonymousreply 3801/14/2021

[quote]Wes Anderson Bong Joon-ho, Jim Jarmusch,Luca Guadagnino, Lynne Ramsay and Joanna Hogg

I wonder how they're all so close if she lives in a remote part of Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 3901/14/2021

[quote]In a new interview with British Vogue, Swinton, 60, said that her definition of queer was not confined to gender or sexuality, but for her, “to do with sensibility.”

Then she needs to find another word.

Artsy, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 4001/14/2021

[quote]And Michael Clayton was incredibly overrated.

I have to disagree, that was a brilliant film and she deserved the Oscar.

The scary thing is I've known several "career women" who are exactly like the one she portrayed in the film. Nightmares, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 4101/14/2021

When you run as deep of a faghag as Tilda is and has always been, yes she can call herself queer. She’s the same as us.

by Anonymousreply 4201/14/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!