Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I can't wait till Wednesday!!

Let Freedom Ring Already! I am going to dress up in red, white and blue and sing patriotic songs! I can't wait. I miss all that. All the good stuff about America. The freedom to do what you want. I miss when America was somewhat functional. When it wasn't attacking itself. When it was correcting the wrongs and was progressing onward and forward. We had big plans for the environment, transportation, infrastructure, employment, healthcare and the criminal justice system and I think we can get back to that path. But for now, I am looking forward to a bit of patriotic celebration, even if it is in quarantine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 9:25 PM

Besides, I think we will all feel a bit of relief when they snatch that "football" back from the insurgent in chief's hand.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 6:22 AM

[quote] I am going to dress up in red, white and blue

and a buffalo horn hat?

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 6:28 AM

We need to get a inaugural playlist going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 6:30 AM

It's time we bring back authentic patriotism and celebrate our constitution and values.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 6:33 AM

I feel nothing will happen, that Trump is President in name only.

After the Monday night briefing to Congressional leaders about the sedition, Mitch leaked that he would impeach Trump. The latter, in turn, issued a 15 minute video stressing that he was not calling for violence and that any violence would be prosecuted. McConnell walked back his threat.

Hope I'm right.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 6:35 AM

[quote] It's time we bring back

It's too late for that. One half of the nation hates the other half.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 6:54 AM

We need to unite as a country after Wednesday against our common enemy, which is the rampant propaganda and intentional division of American families and traditional allies.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 7:11 AM

R5: Yes. the timing is suspect. I believe there is a correlation also.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 7:16 AM

I think Mitch is keeping him in check. Letting him know that he will strip the disgraced, soon-to-be-ex president of his pension and future security detail.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 7:53 AM

[quote] Mitch leaked that he would impeach Trump.

Yeah, but it didn't include a commitment to calling the Senate back into session to do it expeditiously.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 9:13 AM

Mitch says he hasn't made up his mind yet according t

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 10:49 AM

I can't wait until Thursday when Trump is over.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 11:06 AM

[quote]I can't wait. I miss all that. All the good stuff about America. The freedom to do what you want.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 11:09 AM

[quote] Mitch leaked that he would impeach Trump.

First, you mean to convict him. He doesn’t get a vote on whether to impeach him. That’s been done.

Secondly, his “leak” is no better than Giuliani’s hair dye leaking since he hasn’t backed this up with action.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 11:49 AM

I am a normal American Democrat and I can't wait for freedom to infrastructure and healthcare all the good stuff in America again!

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 12:24 PM

Anybody who thinks Mitch McConnell is going to buck the Republican Party and vote to convict Trump is seriously delusional.

Mitch McConnell didn't get to where he is today by doing stupid shit or acting a fool. He's the consummate political animal with supernatural survival instincts. He's no rebel.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 12:33 PM

[quote]I can't wait till Wednesday!!

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 5:26 PM

OP I am a naturalized citizen and cannot wait. I will probably cry like a baby to be honest but please drop 'freedom'. That word has done so much damage because it is hijacked by the worst amongst us. FREEDOM - to carry assault weapons into a children's play, to fire employees at whim, to pay little to no tax on huge salaries, to preach the worst religious bigotry, to destroy the environment..... It's one of those words like 'patriot' and 'Christian' that give me the heebie jeebies because it's never used by a decent person to refer to anything decent.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 6:38 PM

I'll be playing this on a loop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 6:41 PM

r18, I think the point is to take that back from the terrorists. A lot of American used to feel lucky to be born in America. There is a specialness to this country, or there was anyway. It would be nice to feel that feeling again.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 6:56 PM

Personally I think those days are over for awhile r20. There is a terrible radicalized rot in this country that has no cure.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 7:33 PM

Our problems will be FAR from over, but it’s just going to feel like such a RELIEF to not have Trump as president. I think a couple months of normalcy will kind of cause the fever to break a little too. It will be nice having an actual functioning government and not agencies stacked with sychophants who protect Russia and white supremacist groups.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 7:38 PM

It's also happening in many European countries where Marjorie Green types make up 10-20% of the government. White supremacists have infiltrated the German police. Q Anon/Far Right conspiracies had people burning down 5G receptors in Ireland. I think it may be less 'America is number 1 and so special' and more we are standing with all Democratic countries to defeat those who are trying to destroy our way of life.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote] OP I am a naturalized citizen

Welcome to our (as in yours and mine) country, friend!

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 7:43 PM

Flag people are weird.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 9:20 PM

Hey! You do know you’re on a gay board right, you mutt? What kind of shit is that to...oh, fLag.

Uh, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 9:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!