Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump screws Giuliani

And not in the way you may think, so give your traumatized imagination a break.

Though Trump has been exceptionally furious with Vice President Pence, his relationship with lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, one of his most steadfast defenders, is also fracturing, according to people with knowledge of the dynamics between the men.

Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president’s behalf to challenge election results in key states. They said Trump has privately expressed concern with some of Giuliani’s moves and did not appreciate a demand from Giuliani for $20,000 a day in fees for his work attempting to overturn the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2021 7:29 PM

If Ghouliani ever expected to get his legal bills paid by Trump he's far dumber than I ever thought.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 1:58 AM

The Man in the Moon saw that coming.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 2:00 AM

Christ, you just can't make this shit up!

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 2:01 AM

You mean that the fuckhead who refused to pay his buildings' fire sprinkler installers and other construction contractors decided to stiff his lawyer too?

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 2:09 AM

I thought I read all the fundraising for “lawsuits” was going to Trump and Rudy? But I would not be surprised if Trump did not pay Rudy. He’s not that wealthy

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote] If Ghouliani ever expected to get his legal bills paid by Trump he's far dumber than I ever thought.

IMO, Giuliani was one of the people Trump *did* pay. No way he'd be sweating hair dye & spouting verbal diarrhea on an IOU.

Giuliani has known Trump for a long time, knows that Trump's M.O. is to complain about services rendered and refuse to pay. IMO, Giuliani was getting paid up front and on a timely basis ... until now.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 2:14 AM

No honor among thieves

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 2:15 AM

r7 Thieves is far too polite a word for these two.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 2:28 AM

At this point you have to wonder why anyone would work for Trump in a paid position. He's been stiffing anyone he can since the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 3:10 AM

That dirty prick! I hope they all come back for him and give him hell.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote]Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees

Hellen Keller saw this coming.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 3:38 AM

They'll kiss and make up soon when they have adjoining cells in Sing Sing.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 3:39 AM

But will he still pardon Rudy, or leave him twisting?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 4:12 AM

Oh this is so delicious.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 4:19 AM

Trump has to pardon Rudy or Rudy will cut a deal with Feds to spill everything Trump.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 4:35 AM

R14 I suspect it’s somewhere in between. If he’s been on retainer then it’s probably monthly.

So while Giuliani, who I expect will no doubt be disbarred, probably picked up a mountain of fees for what — a month? — the “legal work” he’s done more recently may not be paid for by his ghastly client.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 4:36 AM

Doesn't Rudy make a big deal out of how he is working for free because he loves America?

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 4:47 AM

Here is something especially delicious -- if Trump pardons Ghouliani it would make things worse for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 4:47 AM

But if he pardons Rudy, Rudy loses his Fifth Amendment right to non-self incrimination, and can be compelled to testify against Trump. If they catch him in a lie, the pardon can be nullified and Rudy prosecuted.

People around Trump are warning him about pardons of his inner circle for this reason. They've also told Trump that a self pardon is likely not going to withstand judicial review (John Roberts doesn't want to set the country down a path toward an unaccountable dictator), and Trump has allegedly said that if he doesn't get a pardon, no one will.

And you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; Junior, the stupid one and Javonka would throw dear Daddy under the bus faster than you can say "bankrupt".

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 4:50 AM

[quote]Thieves is far too polite a word for these two.

Carnies.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 5:33 AM

Grifters hate to be grifted

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 6:05 AM

Who does Trump think is going to defend him before the Senate if not Giuliani? He has to go to trial now.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 6:10 AM

Oooh, looks like Jay Sekulow is on his way out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 6:21 AM

I love that Trump is finally in a place where pardons/self-pardons will not get him out of the fire.

The only thing would be to resign and get pardoned by Pence. And that won't happen.

This is the major reason he is doing these hostage videos, it is his best (and only) way of forming any kind of defense. He is truly boxed in.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 6:22 AM

I love that Trump is finally in a place where pardons/self-pardons will not get him out of the fire.

The only thing would be to resign and get pardoned by Pence. And that won't happen.

This is the major reason he is doing these hostage videos, it is his best (and only) way of forming any kind of defense. He is truly boxed in.

Amen to that, though it's disgusting its taken ALL of the things he's done to get us to this point; you'd think one or two terrible things would be enough...

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 8:11 AM

I gave Rudy a $100 gift certificate to Four Seasons Landscaping. That was plenty.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 9:21 AM

Lá Sènatrice looks exhausted with all this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 9:28 AM

What happened to all the blackmail material Trump supposedly had on everyone? The only thing juicy to come out of either of these guys is farts.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 9:44 AM

I'm thinking Rudy knows someone who might make DUMP a deal he can't refuse.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 10:35 AM

[quote] Trump has to pardon Rudy or Rudy will cut a deal with Feds to spill everything Trump.

Unfortunately that’s a lot of attorney-client privilege issues.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 10:38 AM

[quote] Doesn't Rudy make a big deal out of how he is working for free because he loves America?

No. Rudy made a big deal about saying he was getting paid $20,000 a day (or a week, I don’t remember) by dump.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 10:39 AM

There is no honor among crooks.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 10:43 AM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you, that is all.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2021 10:50 AM

R25, can you please start using the quote function? Your posts all just cut & paste someone else's words and it's impossible to read.

Just put [ quote ] but without the spaces in front of each paragraph you're quoting. It's easy.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Seems like a bad idea to screw Rudy Giuliani, he's a drunken crook but still has the kind of friends that can make things difficult for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 11:30 AM

Not anymore, r35. He’s spoiled goods.

But, he has no one to blame but himself.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 11:42 AM

From what I understand, Dump never pays anybody for anything. Nobody should be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2021 11:46 AM

He's alienated everyone and the only commodity he had left to sell was access to Dump. Without Dump, he is nothing and persona non grata (maybe even in FL). He is loathsome creep, but likely a very shrewd guy. Hopefully he'll engage a defense attorney and contact law enforcement and completely spill his guts about Dump & the whole family.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2021 11:46 AM

Are the FBI still slavishly devoted to Rusty?

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2021 11:47 AM

That would be delicious if that fat fuck spilled the beans about the entire Dump family R38. It would be quite something coming from Giuliani.

Dump is stupid not paying him because people who don't get paid, get nasty to get even and what you have suggested is exactly what is going to happen. Much to our delight!

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2021 11:51 AM

I figured Ghouliani was getting paid bigly by Trump, knowing his defense of the idiot-in-chief was steadily weakening his post 9/11 rep as "America's Mayor." His flailing attempts to overturn the election cemented his demise. A high price to pay. $20K a day is $600K a month or $7.2M a year, which means Trump got a bargain. Has Rudy ever admitted what "insurance" he has on Trump to insure he wouldn't turn on him? He said Trump would never be able to throw him under the bus like he was doing to others. Whatever it was, it must not matter now that Trump's been ruined.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote] Are the FBI still slavishly devoted to Rusty?

Oh, please. Not even the Dallas PD are devoted to Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2021 12:12 PM

Rudy claims the "insurance" comment was "sarcastic" and consists of files in his safe which lay out Biden's "four decades of monetizing of his office." Pivot/deflect bullshit. He's got something hot on Trump, though his insurance policy seems to have lapsed with recent events.

"The statement I’ve made several times of having an insurance policy, if thrown under bus, is sarcastic & relates to the files in my safe about the Biden Family’s 4 decade monetizing of his office.

If I disappear, it will appear immediately along with my RICO chart."

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2021 12:18 PM

[quote] Giuliani has known Trump for a long time, knows that Trump's M.O. is to complain about services rendered and refuse to pay. IMO, Giuliani was getting paid up front and on a timely basis ... until now.

Trump also knows precisely why Giuliani turned a blind eye to his activities in the 80s when Rudy was at the Southern District of NY, and later as mayor. Rudy was paid off.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote] Giuliani turned a blind eye to his activities in the 80s when Rudy was at the Southern District of NY, and later as mayor. Rudy was paid off.

Oh definitely! Considering Trump Tower was an "all-concrete" building and the concrete biz is/was entirely controlled by the Mafia, Rudy turned a blind eye when he was going after the five families with the RICO Act.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2021 12:25 PM

This is going to be fun when it plays out. I wonder if Nosferatu will turn on DJT and share some information with investigators and prosecutors.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2021 12:33 PM

How did Rudy G. get credited with bringing down the mob early in his career?

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2021 12:36 PM

Because he tried the first big RICO case against them (if memory serves) r47.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote] How did Rudy G. get credited with bringing down the mob early in his career?

He was the lead prosecutor in the Mafia Commission Trial which nailed the heads of the five Mafia families in New York. He went from that to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2021 12:48 PM

He'll get paid eventually. New Yorkers stick together.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2021 12:49 PM

There’s been a lot of talk in the past couple of years about Rudy having early stages of dementia. His ex-wife alluded to it in her divorce proceedings from him. Even the press a year or more ago asked Rudy if he thought Trump would ever use him as a fall guy. The idea was Trump would blame Rudy for everything because he didn’t disclose he had Alzheimer’s disease or some other issue. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2021 12:59 PM

"Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees,"

So what else is new? He's not paying him? Rudy can now get in a very, very long line if he wants his money. A line that probably spans the globe a few hundred times

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote] the concrete biz is/was entirely controlled by the Mafia,

I don’t no nuthin’ bout that.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2021 1:15 PM

Just based on the stories about Rudy calling the wrong senator (multiple times) during the coup to try & get a hold of Tuberville, he *definitely* has dementia or some type of cognitive impairment. If you've ever had an elderly parent call you multiple times swearing someone stole their TV remote, cellphone, car keys, etc, you know exactly what I mean...

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2021 1:17 PM

I cannot be found guilty of any crimes, since I was never paid by the Trump administration to do work for them.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2021 1:18 PM

Giuliani isn't even getting his $600 from the stimulus.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2021 1:45 PM

Trump could actually blame everything on Guiliani. Say it was Rudy who convinced him he had actually won the election and that votes were stolen. And now he realizes that was not the case. He never has to use the word lose.

He would get his pardon if he did it.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2021 1:50 PM

Foreplay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote]How did Rudy G. get credited with bringing down the mob early in his career?

There's actually a pretty good documentary on Netflix on this topic, and features an interview with Giuliani (who actually comes across as sane!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2021 2:29 PM

I've been thinking about that a lot lately, R51. As you say, the seeds of a defense have already been planted in the media.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote]And not in the way you may think, so give your traumatized imagination a break.

Is this what passes for humor in your universe, OP? “Fags” are so desperate for cawk they’ll drool and faint over the idea of an obese dotard fucking a fully demented octogenarian? You actually think that, or you just find the idea hee-larious?

We really need a better quality of posters here. This place sounds like an Elks lodge in Alabama circa 1955 sometimes. Just truly moronic and backwards for a supposedly gay space.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2021 3:08 PM

Someone help get the stick out of r61’s ass please.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2021 3:59 PM

How does it feel, Orange It?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2021 4:15 PM

Miss Sidney Powell has turned on Miss Ruby Julie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2021 9:37 PM

That actually looks like a hack, r64.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote] Unfortunately that’s a lot of attorney-client privilege issues

Not if the lawyer helped the client commit a crime(s). If that happens, privilege ceases to exist

Or if the communications between a lawyer and client was made with the intention of committing or covering up a crime or fraud

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2021 10:47 PM

[quote]What goes around comes around, I guess. Or, to put it another way, there’s precious little honor among thieves. Or, to put it still another way, Giuliani is such a miserable, toadying, soul-corroded ruin of a man that it’s hard not to laugh at Trump’s attempts to cheat him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2021 7:28 PM

Trump Jews Screwliani

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2021 7:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!