Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SURVIVOR’s Jonathan Penner’s Wife Stacy Title has Died from ALS

“ Jonathan Penner‘s wife Stacy Beth Title has died of ALS at age 56. The three-time “Survivor” player (“Cook Islands,” “Micronesia” and “Philippines”) tweeted the sad news on Monday. Title was an Oscar-nominated director for “Down on the Waterfront” (Best Live Action Short, 1993) who continued to work after her diagnosis in 2017. “Survivor” fans will remember Title from her two appearances on the reality TV show. She visited her husband during the “Cook Islands” loved ones reward in 2006 (watch above), and the couple appeared virtually for a “CBS Cares” profile about ALS during “Winners at War” in 2020.”

The rest of the article is at the link.

If you ever saw him interviewed with her after her diagnosis and slow deterioration, it was heartbreaking to see the ravages of ALS. Not many diseases worse than that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 8:01 AM

One of their ALS awareness ads...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Title directed the 90s black comedy The Last Supper which starred Penner as well as Cameron Diaz, Ron Eldard, Annabeth Gish and Courtney B. Vance. Not sure if that's where they met or if they were already married. It's a great satire and even more relevant now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 1:06 AM

Yes, THE LAST SUPPER was really good. I haven’t seen it in along time.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 1:17 AM

He was so hot in the very good Sherilyn Fenn Showtime series Rude Awakening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 1:26 AM

I was diagnosed with in November..it’s a horrible disease

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 1:50 AM

Really, R5? That’s awful! How are you doing? Can you tell us a little about yourself?

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 2:01 AM

Bless you R5- I am sorry.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 2:09 AM

That's so sad. I'm sorry for him & their family. I knew a lovely woman about his wife's age, who died from ALS.

For me....he'll always be Danny Imperali -- the hairy-backed schmuck who dumped Fran in the pilot episode of THE NANNY (and then came crawling back, end of S1). I loved that he participated in THE NANNY table-read at the beginning of the pandemic, and seemed to have so much fun being part of it, even though his character only appeared in the opening scene.

I also enjoyed him on SURVIVOR: PHILLIPINES. I hadn't watched SURVIVOR since the 2nd season (so I hadn't seen his previous appearances). I tuned in again, strictly for Lisa Whelchel (and that potential trainwreck). When I saw the rest of the cast, I thought, "No way! Danny Imperali?! He's been on this before??" I knew he MUST have recognized Whelchel, right away, given their respective ages and being in the "biz". But they waited to reveal that & then it became a little sub-plot. (conversations about being a child/teen star, expectations of her, etc) And then, of course, his attempted a "take-down" of Whelchel at final Tribal council (for not telling everyone "who she was").

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 7:42 AM

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, R5! Hope you are doing well, and have a support system around you. Big virtual hugs!

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 8:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!