Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Great Trump Coup

Do you think the MAGAs will do some insane shit between Jan. 17-20? Oh and they’ll blame it on Antifa! Also, that Trump will declare martial law, suspend the constitution and overthrow the government to create an American Dictatorship? Well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 7:09 PM

They'll try it. But the security situation is going to be much improved. I don't see it being very successful.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 11:20 PM

Call me ignorant and lazy, but can an impeached president declare martial law?

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 11:27 PM

They're neither smart nor organized enough. Insurgent groups from so-called banana republics put them to shame. They couldn't hold FARC or Shining Path's jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 11:29 PM

An impeached president is still president with all the powers and immunities of the office.

But a president can’t just declare martial law you you might just decide to take a sick day.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 11:40 PM

^^^ like you might

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 11:40 PM

No. The 6th was their chance and they failed. The smart, organized group that was there on 1/6 won’t be dumb enough to try again with 20k national guard, the military, and every federal agency present in DC. DC is basically locked down.

I’m more concerned with smaller incidents in other states.

There’s absolutely no scenario that results in Trump still being president on the 20th

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 11:44 PM

Norah O’Donnell CBS EVENING NEWS said there are alt-Right plans to block routes into DC, including roads and railways.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 2:06 AM

What's that gonna do, r7?

Most everyone is already in DC. Including numerous troops.

Biden can be sworn in anywhere as long as it's witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 5:15 AM

I’m more concerned with smaller incidents in other states.

Agreed; god only knows what those crazy fuckers in MI are up to & that poor guy GA that recorded Dear Leader's grift is no doubt living in hiding

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 9:16 AM

No not now OP. Not with all the troops/military lock down in Washington.

*That's not to say whatever they have planned in the future is over but there will be no Dump coup. I think whatever happens will more likely be at a state level now. What Dump said can't be unsaid now - not even by him. Dump has been green-lighting their call to arms for years and the "movement" can't be put back in the box.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 9:22 AM

The Joint Chiefs of Staff issued a statement this week making it very clear they would not follow any illegal orders given by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 9:31 AM

They will try more coup but "it will not happen" it will fail.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 9:42 AM

Most of the MAGA terrorists now think the 16th and 17th are set up to be honeypot traps. Most likely nothing will happen. (Thankfully).

Before social media shut a lot of MAGA/QAnon down, I did see a lot of mention of 3/4 being the date for the “real” inauguration. Did anyone else? I wonder if this could be the date of another attempted coup?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 9:43 AM

What would be the significance of the 3/4 date do you think R13?

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 9:49 AM

I'd like to see a lot of them killed. Would make the last four years a fond memory.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 9:57 AM

3/4 is the date US inaugurations were held from 1793 until 1933. It was changed to 1/20 after the 20th amendment ratified - which makes sense, could you imagine sitting through a 4 month transition right now? I wish the senate would review and amend to a 1 month transition.

But getting back to Maga/QAnon, I sense there could be ongoing preparations towards this 3/4 date, meaning that there will be continued crazy. Unless the FBI can make substantial mass arrests.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 10:02 AM

OK thanks for the 3/4 explanation R16.

Yes I don't doubt there will be continued crazy R16. It's literally inevitable. There won't be a Dump coup but they will go back and hunker down, dig in and plot now that they have been initially thwarted. Their anger will grow and fester. QAnon and other movements will grow in size and reach and like you say - continued crazy.

What a shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 10:10 AM

The rioters not yet arrested are of two groups:

Those who are scared and are trying to lie low;

Those who are extra-stupid and violent who will go armed to D.C. and be met with overwhelming and lethal force.

Neither group will escape justice.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 10:11 AM

Also, the Magats are getting help from inside sources. This video is of an MSNBC press photographer. Look at the hand gesture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 10:15 AM

I feel as if they have lost a lot of their momentum. When you factor in covid, job loss, lack of healthcare, many just want some sense of normality return. At least I really hope they do. They seem subdued.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 10:35 AM

Jesus Christ wow

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 10:37 AM

[quote]FARC or Shining Path's jockstrap.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 10:39 AM

A good friend of mine who is former army sergeant told me there are handful with the mentality of Michael Flynn who like the military but are anti-government. But I believe because we are now on guard to insurrection, a coup will not be successful.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 10:42 AM

Was the question ever if it would be successful? The first one was a mess. Even the trained militia didn't manage to kill a legislator. The question is, are they going to attempt another?

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 10:46 AM

The hard core repuke fascist in politics have waited a lifetime to be in change. They have to be rooted out and destroyed. This is a start. This was too much for even life long republicans who voted for for them because of lack of education, ect. They have been exposed. It was shocking and ugly. Even many in their own party are sickened by seeing their Capitol overtaken, feces smeared on walls, brutal murder, lawlessness. The Trump supporters in my family are ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 10:48 AM

I'd bet money that guy isn't regular press. A legit media photographer with that long hair, that red hoodie, that inscribed mask?

IDTS.

Plus, no media outlet has identified or claimed him.

Anyone can buy or borrow a couple cameras.

Congress needs to watch the original "Day of the Jackal."

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 10:48 AM

You can never let these hard cores go unchecked, and this is what has happened for years. With Toddler-Tyrant, they have been elevated and empowered. But that is over. Their party is no longer in control. They are under a microscope, facing criminal charges. The loonies have no leader. He has been finally been muted. I doubt they have the balls now.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 11:01 AM

[quote] You can never let these hard cores go unchecked

Mmmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 11:03 AM

Good points R26, then the question becomes, who is he? If not credentialed press, how was he able to get in so easily?

@Bittersouthernbitch, I hope you are right that these insurrectionists may have lost momentum, but I just have the feeling this next year, maybe next couple of years are going to be full of unrest. It’s like the genie has been let out of the bottle. However, there seems to be more “woke” people out there - as in eyes are opened to this underbelly. Much less “both siding” or diminishing of those who have been warning about the increased radicalization of these magats/qanon.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 11:13 AM

R29- I feel it can go both ways, tbh. I can only try to gauge, not the hard core supporters, but the "God and country" yokels who truly are not down with this shitshow. They have buried the truth of what their party truly stands for. For years. They no longer have that thin veneer of deniability.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 11:34 AM

That is true R30, let’s hope it lasts. Most of my family is pretty liberal to center of the road, but there are some magats. What scares me is they are all military and they still supportive of Trump/MAGA even after the events of last week. Keep in mind, all were radicalized in the military. I’m just hoping they can be quickly deprogrammed.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 11:45 AM

It’s not surprising the military are Magits. Most come from poor Jim Crow States and bring their racism with them.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 11:54 AM

Who is the weirdo making the obvious white-supremacist gesture in R19?

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2021 12:05 PM

R33 supposedly a press photographer, but as R26 said, it could be that he isn’t even press. I have not seen any updates regarding a verified ID.

R32 the Magat military family members (3 cousins and 2 in-laws) come from blue states - New York and Wash. state, all middle class, 4 are college-educated, 3 are black-latino. Make of this what you will.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2021 12:22 PM

I'd like to see Obama come out in a tan suit and call them "Radical Christian Terrorists".

-Frankly, at this stage, it is alarming that the answer is not obvious to the President and those around him. The difference is that calling these terrorists what they are — radical Islamists — would be reassuring to those Americans who have doubts about Obama's proficiency as commander-in-chief.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 1:31 PM

TCM Channel shade today!

Post-Impeachment 45.2, all the movies are set in Russia!

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!