Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wolfgang Van Halen Tweets about Thoughtless Fans

@WolfVanHalen

Kinda fucked up how many “I’m sorry your dad died, please send me an autograph and a pick” letters I’ve gotten over the last 3 months. Some even coming directly to my home.

What an unbelievable breach of privacy, and wow what horrible timing. Please don’t do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2022 2:18 AM

Soweeeeee.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 11:01 PM

aaaah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 11:08 PM

I would be the worst celebrity. If someone comes to my house with that nonsense, I would have no problem shooting them.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 11:13 PM

R2 the tweet is gone

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote] Some even coming directly to my home.

Just bring some pie and he’ll let you in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 11:29 PM

Sounds like mail being sent to his home address rather than people showing on his doorstep. Sucks but that is the price of fame and fortune and I'm sorry but with so many of us in a dire situation financially and mentally from covid I'm not losing sleep because someone is getting mail to his California mansion asking for an autograph. I get that this kid doesn't know any other life but as someone who lost a family member in November and is dealing with reduced income, isolation and debt from emergency dental treatment all I have to say is suck it up kid and count your blessings.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 11:44 PM

R6, all of that is true, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to ask people to stop being complete assholes about his father's death.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 11:56 PM

Stopping asking. I'll be selling picks and other commemorative items in my new Eddie Van Halen Souvenirs online shop. I'll get it set up once you assholes quit ringing my fucking bell and calling me.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 11:59 PM

The only reason anyone knows his name is because of his parents. He's mildly/marginally talented and every other word out of his mouth is about his dad or mom

He's under the mistaken impression that people are interested in him for him. They aren't

He's going down a really rough road if he keeps this up. It will all end in tears

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 12:43 AM

R8 wins!

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 1:39 AM

Why the nastiness? Has this young man has not been a famewhore in the past?

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 7:13 AM

I’d eat his fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 1:42 PM

I remember when Eddie & Valerie were a couple (however briefly); they were like the Headbanger Brangelina in their day. That their son grew up to be such a wanker is kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 1:49 PM

He got Val’s Italian genes.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 1:54 PM

I don’t know what that fan tweeted that made him so mad, but everyone is weighing in in the predictable ways. “Everyone processes grief in their own way…” Boy am I tired of that line.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote]Sucks but that is the price of fame and fortune and I'm sorry but with so many of us in a dire situation financially and mentally from covid I'm not losing sleep because someone is getting mail to his California mansion asking for an autograph.

Pretty much.

Hire someone to take care of the mail and move on with your life, Wolfgang.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 2:00 PM

R13, they were married for 26 years.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 3:17 PM

Many people were fans of guitar god Eddie long before Wolfgang was ever born. Since Wolfgang posts about his dad a lot, people probably assume that it's OK to communicate with him about this dad. If you have a public twitter account, you are pretty much inviting the public to communicate with you. If my dad died, I think I would kind of like to have tons of people reach out to me to let me know that my dad's lifework made their lives better.

But it would be annoying to have lots of people ask for free shit.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Poor guy. People really are trash...

Although I’d point out a lot of the Van Halen fans I know are Trumpers...

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 3:28 PM

Oh Christ must Trump come in to every conversation?

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 3:32 PM

Yes, Trump must.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 3:36 PM

I guess he's pissed off because the paychecks are gonna be harder to come by now.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 3:51 PM

R22, he's probably set for life. Hopefully Eddie had a will that provided separately for both his wife and Wolfgang.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 3:57 PM

Sounds frustrated then that his music career won't go anywhere

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 4:00 PM

He sounds annoying and narcissistic. However, people are scum so I will give him that. The kid needs to get off of Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2021 4:05 PM

Wolfgang is very musically talented. However, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to live up to the legend of Eddie. He will always be compared to his dad.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2021 4:09 PM

He can't be surprised. They're fans of the product and how it makes them feel and the good times it provides - not the actual person, because they don't know the actual person.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2021 4:12 PM

Really, they were married for 26 years? I'll be damned! I kind of remember it as: they were the hot couple (bad boy/America's sweetheart-type), had a kid and very quickly Eddie's antics got old & then were the two people in paps shots looking mad at each other (though apparently didn't divorce him). Plus, Eddie's partying got the best of him & he just became gross

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 6:25 PM

I wish my name were Wolf. He's a lucky bastard. I am not a fan of the "gang" tho. Just Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 7:38 PM

Trust me, Wolfie, enjoy it while you can. With Daddy dead? You'll soon be in the dust bin of celebrity offspring. (And our dads were ten times more famous than yours.)

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2021 9:02 PM

R30, don't be so mean.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2021 9:06 PM

I remember Eddie and Valerie dating when she was a teenager on ONE DAY AT A TIME. They were together a long time.

This is an interesting interview Valerie did. I thought it was all his fault for their marriage failing, but she admits she was far from perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2021 10:50 PM

Eddie and Val looked eerily alike, like siblings.

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2021 3:32 AM

Sometimes the lookalike thing means a good match.

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2021 5:49 AM

He is a singer with a lot of range.

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2022 1:42 AM

Gosh, I'm glad I decided not to send my request for soiled underwear, roll on deodorant (preferably with hair), his toothbrush and toenail clippers.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote]Eddie and Val looked eerily alike, like siblings.

You're right, R33, they even had the same haircut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2022 2:00 AM

I recently read Valerie is getting another divorce.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2022 2:02 AM

Her new book is doing very well. It's a best-seller.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2022 2:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!