Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hudson Yards Vessel is suicide magnet

Who could have seen that coming?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2021 2:16 AM

First suicide. Family mystified; no note.

I bet the DL has some theories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 5:50 AM

Bi-polar

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 6:10 AM

The rugby star looked very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 6:15 AM

The jersey alone is a dead giveaway it was CTE.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 6:16 AM

Three suicides in a year, especially in a year like 2020, makes it a "suicide magnet"?

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 6:18 AM

Well, they have closed it indefinitely.

What do you think a jury would say?

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 6:22 AM

[quote] What do you think a jury would say?

Well, if the jury were composed of Guardian journalists they'd say the building is guilty of murder because all cities are sexist because skyscrapers look like penises

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 10:41 AM

It's so fucking ugly. The first time I saw it I wanted to kill myself, too.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 11:11 AM

I'm confused.

Is the spiral staircase inside or outside of the building?

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 11:40 AM

I would always try to find ways to kill myself, but then I realized to commit suicide in NYC is redundant.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 12:28 PM

I find this odd, because it has been known that this kind or architecture attracts suicides. In certain states is actually illegal for hotel atria, unless suicide proof. It only drives home just how isolated architects are from the human behavior.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 12:35 PM

This sucks--suiciders ruin everything.

The structure is gorgeous, with the stunning inside staircases based upon some ancient Indian temples.

Now they will have to put plexiglass barriers to prevent people from jumping off. It'll look ugly.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 12:58 PM

Bitch stole my act!

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 1:01 PM

Is it just a stairway? To where? Hell?

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 1:02 PM

They’ll have to dismantle, raise and redesign the railings twice as high to the tune of $100 million or so. They didn’t see this coming and I’m guessing it’s not getting the crowds they expected because the mall is a flop.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 1:06 PM

Conveniently located in Midtown. Jumpers don't have to walk halfway across the Brooklyn or George Washington Bridges.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 1:15 PM

He was pushed

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 1:17 PM

But we heard Hudson Yards is a place to die for!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 1:17 PM

R17 Truth be told, Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 1:21 PM

R9, if ONLY there was a way to see that the structure is a staircase with no inside or outside. If ONLY we could see pictures somewhere of this obscure, unknown structure.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote] They didn’t see this coming ...

Then they are idiots. The architects should be charged with criminal negligence. It was foreseeable and it was preventable. Can you imagine if someone designed a car with such negligence?

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 1:29 PM

Maybe they ran into the fabulous Elizabeth Chambers and were so humiliated by their ordinariness, they went over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 1:30 PM

iPod song - "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly

It's a shame because it really is a beautiful structure. My sister and I went there a year ago last November. We got about halfway up and had to turnaround. It was scary. I can see, though, why someone may want to jump. There's something about the feeling of unrestricted access to air, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 1:54 PM

R4 What is CTE?

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 2:02 PM

R4 Oh I see, never mind, it's the effects of multiple traumatic brain injuries. Yeah, that's a good theory.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 2:04 PM

Any pics?

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote]I’m guessing it’s not getting the crowds they expected because the mall is a flop.

I can understand why. I work there and the mall is a dud. It was built for rich people, not regular folks.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 10:19 PM

Totally agree about the mall, R27. I'm not a jet-setting fashionista nor do I read Vogue. I didn't recognize many of the stores in that mall.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2021 1:14 PM

Ironically, this song is played over and over at the site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2021 1:16 PM

If you want to off yourself you better bring a friend who is down with it or ready to jump with you. And you have to pay for the luxury.

The Vessel at Hudson Yards will reopen Friday after a four-month shutdown following a rash of suicides — but you won’t be able to climb it alone.

Rather than install taller glass barriers on walkways of the vertical sculpture designed by Heatherwick Studios.... Guests must come in groups of at least two.

Also for the first time, previously free-all-day tickets will be $10 for visitors above 5 years old after the first hour of each day’s opening times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2021 2:01 AM

R8 If you’re climbing it, you don’t have to look at it.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2021 2:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!