Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Road House Whiskey

I have been watching this clip on and off today and laughing my fucking ass off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2021 4:56 PM

You do edibles I take it.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 4:51 AM

You and Piper Laurie both.

She said when she got the script she assumed it was a comedy, and she played it as a comedy until DePalma took her aside and said it was a horror film.

"Even so, she would constantly burst out into laughter between takes because not only was her characterization and wardrobe laughable in her eyes, but the dialogue itself was humorous for her. To this day, she still refers to and maintains the movie as a black comedy."

Unfortunately, Margaret White is now almost documentary material — her fucked-up view of sexuality and faith is closer to more Trump supporters' than not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 6:07 AM

Laugh all you want, OP. I'm guessing you were not yet in high school by 1977?

Carrie movie does have its funny parts, like the doofus/nerd class president, and any scene with Edie McClurg. Every single second of this movie is perfection. DePalma's minor/major masterpiece and. my favorite movie of all time. It's been said that Piper Laurie has a fab sense of humor. Same goes for Gwyneth Paltrow

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 6:26 AM

Here’s one of the funniest scenes with Priscilla Pointer and Piper Laurie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 11:14 AM

Sadly, no more. Haven’t touched with in going on 5 months. It’s all I had left, too...

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 2:31 PM

with = weed

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 2:36 PM

Watching it again...

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 1:58 AM

I love that scene R4.

I say this to people all the time:

"I pray you find JESUS!"

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 2:48 AM

How did this woman not win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress?

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 2:49 AM

R9 She really should have

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 5:40 AM

I thought that scene was hilarious. It was a nice touch, too, that Priscilla Pointer and Amy Irving (mother and daughter in real life), played mother and daughter onscreen.

Also, Priscilla Pointer, having an afternoon cocktail, while watching a soap opera, was straight out 1970s middle class suburbia.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 9:52 AM

Towards the end of this clip, after Mrs. White gets the phone call from the principal's office, she looks upward and says very matter of factly "I know you're listening." This was an early clue that Carrie's mom also had psychic ability.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 10:55 PM

R12 You think so?

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 10:56 PM

He ate my ass and I liked it! I liked it! All of that filthy ass eating with his long tongue in my ass!

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 11:00 PM

I should have killed myself after the first time Ralph fucked my asshole.

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 11:02 PM

I swear, the second time she says “I LAHKED IT” sends me howling 🤣 Her delivery is perfection: the heaving, the head twist and undulations...

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 11:05 PM

But I was weak and backslidin. I got on my knees to pray for forgiveness but ended up sucking Ralph off again then I ate his load and he pissed in my mouth at the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 11:06 PM

R17 Cover yah derty pillohwz, yah filth.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 11:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2021 12:45 AM

Piper was disappointed she lost. But back then horror films performers, even laced with black comedy, rarely won. The Academy really went for Network and it’s acting nominees with nearly a clean sweep of the acting awards. Piper has an Emmy to balance out her three Oscar losses though.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2021 1:06 AM

R30 Didn’t realize she’d been nominated three times.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2021 2:57 AM

R21 yup. The Hustler, Carrie and Children of a Lesser God.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2021 3:07 PM

I could smell the ass on his breath...

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2021 4:04 PM

R23 😂

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2021 4:49 PM

The way she says Road House Whiskey, though, 😂

“Rehd Hehs Wiskheh.”

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2021 4:53 PM

Eve ate ass! Say it, woman! Eve ate ass!

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2021 4:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!