Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The DL Dream Journal

Let's start a dream journal to keep track of our subconscious hopes, dreams, and fears. We can analyze each other's dreams, too. It'll be fun. I'll go first.

Last night, I dreamt that I was hanging out with a wild "party" friend. Looking back, it was a 20 year old Soon Yi (but in my dream she was just a random fun, crazy friend). (Symbolic how?)

Then for some reason I went to a cemetery, and it was eerily quiet and very mystical (death, loss?).

Then I came back home, and Soon Yi was now a six year old Asian girl. I was concerned for her well-being, so I decided to take care of her myself and become her parent (taking charge?). Then we went to a loft apartment somewhere in Manhattan. It was Woody Allen's. (In the dream he did not know Soon Yi). I knew who he was, and was very excited to be there. I think we shared a mutual friend and so he invited me through this third friend. He was making dinner, and we talked. It was mundane yet totally wild, because I'd been a fan for so long. I remember thinking "Wow, I did not see any of this coming! Life is so full of surprises. You just never know. Wow." And then I woke up.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 3:09 PM

Sheltering Sky - Other peoples dreams are boring Kit.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 5:21 AM

R1 Not to me

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 2:05 PM

This is the best distraction you could come up with, a fake dream designed to get the Woody Allen trolls up in arms again?

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 2:43 PM

Young party Soon Yi -> My guess is that you are sympathetic towards her and Woody. You see her as having a good time when she hooked up with Woody and associate that free spirit with your own indulgences around that age.

The cemetery was transitional. Death reeks of consequences for your actions. You were being reminded of this. The young Soon Yi was guilt from the part of you that still questioned whether or not it was pedophilia. So you became caretaker.

Having now escaped the perceived quagmire of his relationship with her, Woody was able to lead a relatively normal life doing things like a home meal with mundane conversation.

Hope your not a troll

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 2:49 PM

R3 No this was literally my dream. I don't know if it's symbolic about the political situation or what, but that's what my dream was. Not trolling.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 2:52 PM

R4 [quote] You see her as having a good time when she hooked up with Woody and associate that free spirit with your own indulgences around that age.

That is very interesting and I can totally relate to that. In which case then, I would say that the cemetery representing the death of that old me and then Soon Yi turning into a helpless child that I decide to take responsibility for, represents holding myself accountable and wanting to be a responsible person for others and for my inner child, too, perhaps. Learning how to be responsible and to care for others and not just be immature and wild, thinking only of myself.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 2:56 PM

I have this recurring dream where I am on a roller coaster in space with a bunch of chickens.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 3:05 PM

Outer Space: Space symbolizes your search for deeper meanings in your life; Space in a dream can also represent the thinking of mainstream society. When you dream of space this can mean you need to overcome any feelings of being trapped by the collective mentality.

Roller Coaster: often thought to represent feeling a lack control. Perhaps you feel you're not in the driving seat of your own life.

Chickens: .........................

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 3:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!