Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Republican Fred Upton says he'll vote to impeach Trump

Fourth one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 10:27 AM

Snoopy happy dance!

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 2:37 AM

GOP Rep Upton of Michigan:

“The Congress must hold President Trump to account and send a clear message that our country can’t and won’t tolerate any effort by any President to impede the peaceful transfer of power from one President to the next.

“Thus I will vote to impeach”

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 2:38 AM

That's Kate Upton's uncle

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 2:41 AM

Could we have a BREAKING thread for every vote confirmation?

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 2:47 AM

Girls hit your hallelujah (Wooh!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 2:55 AM

Now there will be mad dash to not be the last one to vote to impeach.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 2:59 AM

I’m watching the vote on NBC Now, only one republican has voted yes against 184 nays on removing trump via 25th amendment.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 3:04 AM

Snoopy happy dance? I'm celebrating with the cat daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 3:08 AM

R7 goodbye corporate donations

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 3:20 AM

Final vote for removal via 25th amendment was yea 220, nay 205, 8 not voting.

Pence said he won’t do it, so I guess they will promptly move to impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 3:23 AM

So more voted yes.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 3:42 AM

More voted yes and Pence holds all the cards, so big waste of time. Could have had Trump impeached by now. Hope they nail it down tomorrow. He is a criminal, it's not rocket science. He needs to be punished as many different ways as possible, but mostly he should not be allowed to remain President of our country for one more minute.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 3:56 AM

It hardly matters. There have always been enough votes to impeach.

Conviction is an entirely different situation.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 4:22 AM

R13 It does matter. It’s simply glorious witnessing Ol’ Portobello die a slow death...

I can smell the fear and whiskey on his breath from here. I can picture the moment as if it already happened: He was defeated and my nipples perked up from my pillows, polished with the glaze of lactation... Then his defeat took me! It took me! With the stink of filthy Road House Whiskey on his breath... And I liked it.

I LAHKED IT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 4:32 AM

Don't go hanging any medals around Fred Upton's neck, he had a gay opponent in the 2020 election and had no problem running a homophobic campaign against him even though his opponent had just about zero chance of beating Upton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 10:03 AM

They don't understand that if they vote to impeach, they will be hailed as heroes. A week ago they never dreamed it would become this bad.

They're still trembling in fear of Trump affecting their re-elections. But if things get even worse, they're done.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 10:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!