Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Guy took me home and played acoustic guitar

I had a date last night and this guy invited me back to his place. We were drinking and talking and he got up to use the washroom. When he came back into the room he had an acoustic guitar and began to play some Beatles song. He’s not a musician and get making mistakes. What the hell is wrong with people like that?

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 4:20 PM

I don’t know, OP, but it’s insanely funny! We’re you cringing so hard?

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 2:22 AM

He was trying to woo you, OP. It sounds dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 2:26 AM

either

a) he saw you up close and realised he couldn't go through with it, and thought his tuneless yowling would put you off and make you leave

or

b) he had to get really high to go on the date in the first place and that moment was just the point it first became obvious to you.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 2:27 AM

10/10

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 2:32 AM

Maybe you should have stuck it out.

36 years ago, I was serenaded while getting stoned (we had already fucked) and we’re still together.

So, more than likely you’re not worth the music OP. (Or the weed or the lube or the commitment)

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 2:38 AM

He thought he was killing you softly.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 2:48 AM

Funniest thing I have heard all year. What song? Norwegian Wood? Blackbird? I don’t like the overuse of the word “awkward” but situations like this, it must be used.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 3:02 AM

welcome to 1968

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 3:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 3:15 AM

Really? Maybe he just felt comfortable enough around you to show a venerable side of himself? Did he laugh at his mistakes? Could be awkward or could be adorable? Ima gonna need more deets. What was he wearing and is he cute?

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 3:18 AM

Was his poor guitar gently weeping?

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 3:19 AM

Beatles? That’s questionable. Especially on a date. one of the houses I lived in during college had some musicians in it, so there were guitars, drums a piano, etc.. it was pretty common to start playing solo when just hanging out.

Which reminds me:

What do you call a guy who likes to hang out with musicians?

A drummer!

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 3:24 AM

Tone deaf, romantically and musically?

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 3:33 AM

This post has me howling for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 4:00 AM

R2 Awwww (that emoji!)!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 4:03 AM

are you sure he wasn't straight? that's some straight guy shit

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 4:04 AM

Hopefully you left and saved him hell.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 4:04 AM

OP is just mad that the guy sang "And I Love Her" to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote] Maybe he just felt comfortable enough around you to show a venerable side of himself?

I think you meant "vulnerable," R10. "Venerable" means old and wise.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 4:27 AM

Recently found myself in almost the same scenario but he came back to the room with a Madame Alexander doll and her little trunk filled with "gowns".

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 4:32 AM

The guitar cock blocked you . Get the hint OP.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 4:34 AM

You think R19? I thought he meant to say venereal.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 4:39 AM

You're his Mrs. Robinson, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 5:53 AM

In a pandemic, OP?

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 6:10 AM

I don’t see the humor.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 6:17 AM

What song was playing on your ipod at the time?

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 7:29 AM

Was his first language not your first language?

Was his guitar playing understated yet dick-hardeningly good?

Did he have a deep, rich, effortless voice that made you feel as though you were swimming in 17th Century papal grade silk mohair?

Did he maybe unbutton his shirt in said washroom just enough to reveal, just when he leaned in to a key note, a hairy chest and suggestion of a treasure trail to end all treasure trails?

Did a thick, curving cock of marvellous magnitude reveal reveal parts of it's form as he played and sang?

There are ways to make this work, OP, but The Beatles?

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 7:54 AM

As a closeted and gay professional guitarist and singer, I want more than anything to have a partner and companion into the same thing. It’s a very lonely craft these days. 🥺

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote] and GET making mistakes

Oh YES, mistakes are completely unforgivable. You are a cunt OP.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2021 9:30 AM

[quote]curving cock

Sum ting wong.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2021 4:17 PM

I would have promptly presented hole while whispering "now play me like you played your guitar.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!