Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So how does it end?

It is going to, one way or the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2021 2:09 PM

I don’t know why I put other, I just figured I forgot something obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 1:33 AM

I'm scared that old fucking Teflon Don will skate right by, probably. My hope is that he drops dead of a heart attack in the next day or two.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 1:36 AM

A big part of it depends on what McConnell is up to. Is he going for well I tried wiggle room or is he going for destroying Trump to get the poison out of the party. I honestly don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 1:37 AM

I think he will be convicted. The evidence against him is stunning. Never thought I would believe he could be held accountable, but he really messed this up badly. The GOP are fighting for survival at this point.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 1:37 AM

Definitely impeachment. A few hours ago I wouldn't have bet on conviction by the Senate, but with Cheney, Upton, Kinzinger, and other Republicans coming out for impeachment—drip drip drip—and McConnell supporting impeachment, I wouldn't bet against it. More will come out in the next day or two that could make Trump's guilt even more clear.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 1:41 AM

I was sure the Covid would kill him, so what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 1:42 AM

Not with a whimper, but with a BANG.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 1:45 AM

This feels like a twelve year-old’s spy sex fantasy, so I’m going to play it that way.

This is the part where he pulls out pieces of shit and waves them about, so I expect a dirty laundry dump.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 1:46 AM

....in tears.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 1:46 AM

The best move is impeachment and conviction, therefore rendering trump unable to hold public office ever again. McConnell knows this, and he doesn’t want that fat fuck poison pill hanging around campaigning for another four years.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 1:48 AM

R8- Snorts!😄

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 1:48 AM

Looks like maybe you should have added 14th Amendment as an option - it is being mentioned a lot tonight.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 1:53 AM

R10- only thing Turtle and I agree on. Trump will never stop seeking revenge.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 1:53 AM

I hope I'm wrong but I think some of you are living in fantasy land. Nothing will happen to this piece of shit. Even if gets impeached, what the hell does he care? Shady businesses have funneled enough money to his trash kids that he doesn't care about that. He's too old for any real prosecution to happen. McConnell can't be trusted, he speaks out of both sides of his mouth, as they say.

I just wish the fucker would die in a plane crash with Graham alongside him.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 1:55 AM

R12, Nancy did include the 14th amendment.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 1:56 AM

okay, he will probably get impeached but now they're talking Censure. What is that? They just tell him he's a bad boy?

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 1:58 AM

But if he gets away, they can charge him with incitement and insurrection when he's no longer POTUS, correct?

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 1:59 AM

My guess is that the House will Impeach. The Senate, in spite of Mitch McConnell's support of House actions, won't get to the trial in time to remove Trump before the end of his term on the 20th. But they WILL be successful in the House AND Senate with the 14th Amendment telling Trump good-bye - no more public office for you. The Republicans need to clear the field from Trump and the 2024 race.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote]I don’t know why I put other, I just figured I forgot something obvious.

Vivian Vance, OP. You forgot Vivian Vance.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 2:05 AM

R17 Doubtful

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 2:09 AM

R19- That bitch!

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 2:10 AM

R16 "A censure is an expression of strong disapproval or harsh criticism."

"Bad boy, Donald! You promise you won't do this again?"

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 2:11 AM

Uh oh. Jr. Mint had better man-up for prison. Doing Daddy's dirty bidding has brought him down. They left a staggering amount of evidence in their wake.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 2:14 AM

A censure would be bullshit.

He needs to be impeached and convicted, and then barred from ever running for president again.

And then let the courts at him.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 2:15 AM

I want him to disappear. The world isn't safe with him in it.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 2:15 AM

Are there any lawyers here? What happens when he leaves office? What crimes can he be charged with?

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 2:16 AM

Pretty much like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 2:21 AM

He’s not going to be convicted. The senate needs to try him. There won’t be enough time. He’ll fuck out of office before then.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2021 2:23 AM

Impeached but convicted after the 20th. He’ll leave town on the 19th

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote] But if he gets away, they can charge him with incitement and insurrection when he's no longer POTUS, correct?

Correct, because insurrection is not an official duty of a president. An ex-president can’t be sued for undertaking his official duties after they’ve left office. That usually protected a president completely after leaving office. But of course Trump is a bird of a different feather.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2021 2:29 AM

Republicans are coming to the realization that Trump has to be ejected and DISCREDITED. Otherwise, the support among his base will never wane, he will remain a hero and continue to exert influence over a part of the Republican electorate.

Corporate America needs a strong Republican party to resist higher taxation and greater regulation. As of today, Corporate America wants to incinerate Trump, his supporters and his legacy.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 2:31 AM

What about healthcare, security, ect? Ty

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 2:31 AM

Don Jr. is under criminal investigation. Where's his delicate lady-flower Kimmy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2021 2:33 AM

R33- Strange you should ask. MIA since we saw them watching their handiwork together . Hmm.....

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] "Bad boy, Donald! You promise you won't do this again?"

Oh, I’m all for that!

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2021 2:47 AM

I’m hoping it ends with me being startled awake by a naked Bobby Ewing in my shower only to realize these last four years were just a horrible dream.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2021 2:54 AM

WW. I hope I wake up to the news of a murder-suicide in Texas. 😇

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2021 3:03 AM

If McConnell is putting out that kind of messaging about impeachment, it’s not difficult to imagine that there are other yet-to-be revealed aspects of the Jan 6th insurrection that are all the more damning to Trump and his co-conspirators.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2021 3:05 AM

R38- We will probably find out many shocking things about this corrupt admin, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2021 3:08 AM

Execution for treason?

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2021 3:13 AM

Works for me!

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2021 3:17 AM

Dumb question, sorry for asking....but, if all the Dem Senators vote to impeach, how many Repug votes do they need?

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2021 3:22 AM

I expect Trump to pardon himself, I expect Biden and Merek Garland to decide not to challenge that move. This will piss off a lot of people but Biden is all about that unity bullshit. Then I expect them to subpoena Trump. He will refuse to show up and the AG will refuse to haul is ass into court or charge him with contempt.

Everything depends on an active AG. Somehow I think Biden will be too scared to use his powers and we will have another round of disappointments.

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2021 5:40 AM

No way. If he pardons himself, then he's admitting guilt. It will go to the courts. Stop putting down Biden and being a Debbie Downer.. He's pissed but he has to be careful because he's surrounded by a bunch of snakes.

There will be an investigation by the Special Prosecutor and they fill find out Trump did plan to overthrow the government which is treason and sedition.

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2021 6:03 AM

[quote]Dumb question, sorry for asking....but, if all the Dem Senators vote to impeach, how many Repug votes do they need? TIA!

Isn't it two thirds of the Senate? The Dems only have a slim majority so I don't see how the vote could be successful. I doubt a significant number of Republican senators will vote to impeach.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2021 7:42 AM

I voted other because I don't know.

After seeing this interview today I am completely flabbergasted. He's obviously lost his mind.

[bold]“People thought that what I said was totally appropriate,” Trump said today.[/bold]

I'd like to see him dragged out of the White House in exactly the same manner that Julian Assange was removed from the Ecuadorian Embassy. That's what I'd like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2021 7:47 AM

I'm assuming the two new senators from Georgia can vote, or aren't they in power yet?

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2021 7:48 AM

R46, according to The Washington Post, Trump told his supporters in the speech before the riot "to fight" and "fight like hell".

Of course, Giuliani used the words "trial by combat" in his speech.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2021 7:54 AM

That's how many Republican senators are needed for conviction.

That's a big ask.

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2021 7:58 AM

Yes exactly R48. I have seen the videos of Dump and Giuliani saying those exact words many times as they keep playing them on the news.

They specifically told the MAGA cult supporters to do it. (as did the GOP by sowing doubt over the election results for weeks).

So the MAGA cult supporters did what they were encouraged to do. It's not rocket science. The only solace is that they weren't heavily armed (like they usually are) and the result wasn't hundreds of dead senators/staffers. Dump would have loved that outcome.

For Dump to answer that reporters question today in Texas with absolutely no accountability whatsoever is fucking preposterous. He needs to be removed tomorrow. I've never seen anything like this.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2021 8:04 AM

[quote] Nancy did include the 14th amendment.

Yes, but the OP didn’t in his poll. That’s what that poster was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2021 12:11 PM

It could be they go to him and say you’re gonna be impeached and he resigns aka Nixon ...it’s a good out for him

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2021 12:26 PM

Not with bang, but a whimper.

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2021 12:55 PM

R53? See R7.

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2021 12:57 PM

other: completion of term followed by impeachment

by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2021 1:11 PM

R52: Last night, Trump said NEVER

by Anonymousreply 56January 13, 2021 1:22 PM

If17 Repug votes are indeed what it takes, I don't see that as so impossible, especially with McConnell's support. We'll see......

by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2021 1:29 PM

He will complete his term but he will also get impeached AND convicted with some special provisions like running for the office again etc.

by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2021 1:39 PM

It's going to be bad. We need to see Dump handcuffed and doing the perp walk. They are saying we'll be "shocked" when we find out how it all went down. I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 59January 13, 2021 1:45 PM

Oh believe me, what we know now about the corruption and abuse of power is merely the tip of the iceberg. Once he's out of office, all of the unvarnished truth will come spilling out.

by Anonymousreply 60January 13, 2021 1:50 PM

Steny Hoyer is giving a powerful speech on the floor now. We need more Dem speakers like him who are not afraid to be boldly dramatic in their orations. Make those fuckers listen!

by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2021 1:54 PM

Impeached, not convicted, but barred from office via 14th. (Votes are already there for all of those)

Attempted self pardon, shot down by Supremes, Garland holds back on further federal action while state and civil actions abound, for whole family. (Biden want to get COVID controlled - it’s 1.5 of 9/11 every day.)

And there will be congressional expulsions but not senate (they’ll get rid of the most direct Q pathogens). Hawley/Cruz censure.

by Anonymousreply 62January 13, 2021 2:03 PM

Is this being shown on that talking picture box the kids put in the living room?

by Anonymousreply 63January 13, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote] 17. That's how many Republican senators are needed for conviction. That's a big ask.

Assuming all members show up on the day the vote is taken. It’s a majority of all members *present.*. If some senators don’t show up for whatever reason, it will impact the numbers.

Some have suggested Republican members in favor of impeachment but afraid of retaliation from Trump could simply stay away from the vote.

by Anonymousreply 64January 13, 2021 2:14 PM

And possibly be forever criticized by their opponents for not being up to the monumental and rare act of deciding whether or not to convict a sitting president for high crimes.

by Anonymousreply 65January 13, 2021 2:17 PM

Insurrection is successful, The Donald remains president/king.

by Anonymousreply 66January 13, 2021 2:19 PM

Putin keeps Trump in power.

by Anonymousreply 67January 13, 2021 2:37 PM

We're starting to see more and more credible evidence that various GOPers were involved in this.

There's going to be a lot of pressure on Trump to resign so the investigation stops and the party is saved.

I really don't think he'll resign, that's not his style, so the GOP's other option is to purge Trump and every Trumpster who aided the insurrection. Convicting him is a good first step. I think that's what McConnell will be trying for: conviction, plus pushing the goons like Brooks to resign.

by Anonymousreply 68January 13, 2021 2:48 PM

Putin turns the lights out before the 20th. Martial Law is enacted. For months, the country is overrun with starvation, crime, death, disease, gangs/militias and destruction.

Putin sends his tanks in at the last minute- and we're glad to see them! Installs Trump as Dictator of The United States of Russia. Peace and prosperity ensue.

by Anonymousreply 69January 13, 2021 2:52 PM

R69 has a well-worn copy of RED DAWN on VHS.

by Anonymousreply 70January 13, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] has a well-worn copy of RED DAWN on VHS.

So do I.

But we may be talking about different movies.

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2021 4:12 PM

Conviction and removal might be bad, because Pence will pardon him for federal crimes. Could be prosecuted in the states for other things, though. They do need to bar him from every holding office again, and that takes a majority vote. Filibuster might get in the way.

by Anonymousreply 72January 13, 2021 5:08 PM

As all things end with me... in hysterical TEARS!

by Anonymousreply 73January 13, 2021 5:18 PM

Are narcissists capable of suicide?

by Anonymousreply 74January 13, 2021 5:51 PM

#74, they say Hitler offed himself, but it's not characteristic. I lean more toward a "Boys From Brazil" scenario, wear Nazis escape to a remote area.

by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote] wear Nazis escape to a remote area.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2021 7:10 PM

I don't know, but at least the Trump org will no longer manage NYC ice rinks.

[bold]NYC Is Cutting Ties With Trump Org, Citing POTUS’ ‘Criminal Activity’ In Capitol Attack[/bold]

Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Wednesday that New York City will end its contracts with the Trump Organization after President Donald Trump fueled a violent mob attack on the U.S. Capitol.

The contracts are for two ice-skating rinks at Central Park, the Central Park Carousel and the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point, a city-owned golf course in the Bronx.

. . .

While the city has previously considered severing contracts with the Trump Organization, de Blasio said last week’s incitement of violence qualified as “criminal activity” and gives the city the right to cut ties.

more at link

Contracts for the rinks were set to expire in April, the New York Times reported.

The mayor said he would terminate the relationship due to the President’s role as inciter-in-chief in the violent Capitol raid last week that left five people dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2021 7:35 PM

It sounds like the Senate trial won’t happen until after the new Senate is seated. I know there aren’t that many more Democratic seats, but how much closer does that being us to conviction. What Republican senators will vote to convict this time?

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2021 8:15 PM

[quote] Conviction and removal might be bad, because Pence will pardon him for federal crimes.

1. Pence will likely no longer be VP when the conviction.

2. I don’t think Pence would pardon him even if he were.

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2021 8:16 PM

*when the conviction happens

by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2021 8:17 PM

The McConnell Strategy here is to hang this on Biden and Democrats - so they can wash their hands of it in the eyes of the deplorables and use it for 2022 campaign stickers.

I hope Schumer can pull off being more cunning vs. usual deer in headlights. Not likely, but still hoping.

by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote] The McConnell Strategy here is to hang this on Biden and Democrats - so they can wash their hands of it in the eyes of the deplorables and use it for 2022 campaign stickers.

But if they’re on record as voting to convict, their hands are unclean, at least in his base’s eyes.

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2021 8:36 PM

^After Trump is out of office, the Republicans can more easily slide out of voting to convict on the basis that he is gone. However, they will have to weigh that against having to deal with him for another 4 years if they do not convict him. They want to the deplorables without Trump. How do they achieve that? Perhaps if they bring Vanky into the fold, and promise her seat in the Senate. In the near term, she'll be easier to leash than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2021 11:48 PM

Ivanka doesn't have the spine of her daddy. She'd never make it through a single press conference that wasn't filled with base deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2021 2:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!