Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Communications Director for disgraced senator Ted Cruz Resigns amid mounting backlash

Following the resignation of his communications director, Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz is facing a potential congressional censure as Democrats and some Republicans have accused him of being partially responsible for the riot at the Capitol last Wednesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2021 5:35 AM

[quote] partially responsible

Like 2% or 20% partially responsible?

Do you have any demonstrable facts for this accusation?

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 1:23 AM

I first read this as "Cruz resigns."

Sigh.

Oh, he's responsible. Picture Cruz with blood dripping off his hands. It almost looks natural.

He fed into their deluded fantasies of a stolen election. He fanned the flames and sat like a dog at Trump's feet.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 1:38 AM

He's another one who needs to go away.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 1:40 AM

That picture looks like me and my adowable bwanket!

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 1:42 AM

An ugly being inside and outside...

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 1:42 AM

Fatso is still wearing too much makeup.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 1:49 AM

His face looks like a cartoon

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote]Like 2% or 20% partially responsible?

Actually, Rafael Eduardo was scientifically determined to be 13.178% responsible. But you can just call it 13% if you wish.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 4:28 AM

I hope his fall is the one he deserves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 7:39 AM

I think it will be more than censure probably more like impeachment or expulsion from the Senate along with Hawley.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 10:44 AM

Not looking good for lyin' ted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 11:35 AM

He looks like they exhumed Robin Williams.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 12:39 PM

I want to punch this fucker in the throat and face SO-OOOOOOOOOO much!

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 12:42 PM

He looks like his breath and whatever nub of a dick he may have really STINK.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 12:43 PM

I hate blue suits.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 12:58 PM

[bold]Manchin: Removing Hawley, Cruz with 14th Amendment 'should be a consideration'[/bold]

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said the Senate should consider removing Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) via the 14th Amendment over their objections last week to the Electoral College results.

Speaking to PBS’s “Firing Line” on Friday night, Manchin said the Senate should explore the option after a violent mob, riled up by President Trump and convinced by Republicans such as Hawley and Cruz that the election was fraudulent, ransacked the Capitol in one of the darkest points in American democracy.

“That should be a consideration,” Manchin responded when asked if the 14th Amendment should be triggered. “He understands that. Ted’s a very bright individual, and I get along fine with Ted, but what he did was totally outside of the realm of our responsibilities or our privileges.”

This is from the Hill, to which I cannot link, but it's a 10-paragraph article.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2021 4:21 AM

He would be the single ugliest man in the US Senate if McConnell resigned.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2021 4:26 AM

You can almost understand Hawley making such a rookie mistake, but what's this idiot's excuse? He's been around the political block for awhile now.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2021 4:31 AM

Is it possible he'll resign?

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2021 5:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!