Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pence Rules Out Using 25th...

Says we need to focus on "transition" instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2021 7:59 PM

Pence should be impeached and charged with aiding in sedition.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 12:21 AM

He is scared of Trumps cult. I don’t blame him. People need to relax on him. They were literally trying to murder him a week ago.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 12:22 AM

Cocksucker

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 12:23 AM

Who is surprised. Pence is an amoeba.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 12:24 AM

[quote]They were literally trying to murder him a week ago.

He wasn't the only one they were trying to murder

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 12:24 AM

Someone said the other day that he may still have aspirations to run in 2024. If so, perhaps he thinks this decision will help him. I think he's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 12:27 AM

Speaker Pelosi knew he wasn't going to invoke the 25th.

She was buying time to get her ducks in a row, and I would think, forcing Pence to declare openly he wasn't going to.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 12:28 AM

I guess trying to kill the guy was not bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 12:28 AM

His political career is over and he probably is just trying to not get killed at this point, plus he's a weak little weasel.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 12:29 AM

He's wrong... the Trumplicans will not vote for him. In fact, if you go on Twitter you will see they are planning to break off and start some kind of new party. If the GOP wants to save itself, they need to get rid of Trump. All you gay republicans, if you have any sway in the party that is what you should be pulling for.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 12:29 AM

Is Jared on the case, hunting down barrels of Astroglide so the VP can take a thousand more cocks in his ass? Pence is an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 12:39 AM

TBH, his reasoning for using it was pretty solid even though I REALLY wanted him to do it. Technically, Trump isn’t medically unfit to serve (at least not that’s been verified by an actual examining physician), so Pence was right to decline. Fuck him anyway, though.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 12:41 AM

Just like Brad Raffensperger, I have absolutely no pity for this clown.

Everyone in the civilized world knew Donald J. Trump was and is a huge dirtball, a snake in the grass, a liar, con artist, grifter and thief. Yet they all piled on and got on the Trump band wagon for the sake of saving a few bucks in taxes or getting some regulation that impacted their business eliminated. Now that the SS Trump has crashed and burned, they're falling all over each other, looking for the exit door.

Hell, there was talk that when Trump won the election, Mother Pence, who despises Trump, remarked to her husband "I hope you're happy you got what you wanted." So whatever may or may not befall the guy, he should have known better than to get involved with Trump. Same with Raffensperger.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote] In fact, if you go on Twitter you will see they are planning to break off and start some kind of new party.

This is glorious! This is everything I asked for for Christmas and more! The Republican party coming undone at the seams!

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 12:54 AM

However, R12, the amendment, on its face, isn't limited to medical incapacity.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 12:54 AM

The thing about Pence is the lack of shame. All the other leading republicans got on that train. Pence showed the least amount of pride or self respect in doing so. Constantly blathering on about “our great president”.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 12:58 AM

The danger he was in last week was largely due to his own actions so fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 1:00 AM

But he appeared to be so manly, brave......

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 1:03 AM

Meaning... rethugs called him and said don't you dare do it.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 1:06 AM

Well, I am stunned... just... stunned.

NOT. Chicken shit.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote] Pence should be impeached and charged with aiding in sedition.

You want maximum drama, don't you, R1?

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 1:08 AM

So much for calling him a hero.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 1:09 AM

Move on? These fuckers continued the Benghazi investigation for 2 years

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 1:29 AM

Mike Pence is a closeted gay man.

They are always the absolute worst.

tRump sicked his mob on him and he still isn't willing to stand up. Cunt.

We'll get through this but fuck this guy. No help. No help at all.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 1:45 AM

Pathetic. His family was with him at the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 2:07 AM

R21 it's called legal consequences for actions.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 2:09 AM

The fact that it took him this long to say this says, to me at least, that he considered it. Probably had his lawyers go over it, talked with cabinet members, etc. I don’t think he would ever have done it but he didn’t rule it out.

The legality of it in this situation is indeed muddy.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 2:10 AM

R28, I disagree. I don't think he thought about it. He said two days ago he wasn't going to do it. If anything, waiting to make an actual decision was to give the appearance that he was considering it.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] I guess trying to kill the guy was not bad enough.

You're correct. It wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2021 2:39 AM

Adjacent and Breaking per MSNBC: Mitch McConnell is leaning towards voting to convict Trump.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2021 2:41 AM

R30 it was reported earlier that McTurtle was privately discussing how he was glad Democrats were going to impeach because doing so would help get rid of his influence in the GOP.

True to form, he's glad Dems are talking about it so that he can turn around and blame them and walk away clean.

Further, if he really wanted to get rid of him, he has the power to call for a vote in the Senate sooner than the 19th... but he won't. He's going to wait until Democrats take the Senate so again, they are the ones that can be blamed.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 2:47 AM

Thanks R31. Have not watched all day. Just getting caught up.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 2:55 AM

Pence feels that impeachment is the better result and apparently looks more likely today than yesterday. He would be forever villainized by the Deplorable base if it appeared as the exercise of his executive prerogative. He has likely been assured by McConnell that Senate will vote to convict.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote] The thing about Pence is the lack of shame.

He is filled with shame. It is that shame that allows him to be publicly degraded by Plump and keep going back for more.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2021 3:02 AM

Pence gains nothing politically by invoking the 25th and Pence is always calculating

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote]Pence gains nothing politically by invoking the 25th and Pence is always calculating

Interestingly enough, he may gain the title of "President" tomorrow if the Senate votes to convict Dump.

Rachel was also saying on her show tonight that, yes, such an action would make Pence #46, pushing Biden to #47.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2021 3:55 AM

I want to suck Daddy Pence titties then milk his dick. That's one fine looking dilf.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2021 4:11 AM

I think it should make Pence 45 and 1/2. Biden is already 46 in my election scrapbook. Plus really? Using an entire whole number for a week-long presidency?

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]Interestingly enough, he may gain the title of "President" tomorrow if the Senate votes to convict Dump.

Do you seriously think that could all happen in ONE DAY? He hasn't even been impeached yet, and the Senate is not in session.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2021 4:18 AM

The Senate, aka McTurtle, has already said they will not hold business until 1/19.

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2021 4:51 AM

Maybe Penis doesn't want to invoke or impeach because he doesn't want to have to be forced to give Diapers a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2021 4:52 AM

Well, Trump called him a pussy a few days ago. He was right.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2021 7:38 AM

Pence is right. You don't misuse a medical mechanism to solve a political problem.

Imagine if a Republican Congress tried that move on a Dem VP for political purposes.

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2021 8:37 AM

Stop trolling, R43. Your boy lost and will be impeached. Now go look for a new job. Paid internet trolling is now a step below travel agent.

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2021 9:20 AM

That's why they called him 'Mike Dense' in Washington. He had one chance to redeem himself, to have any kind of political future. Now he'll get a job with Focus On Family or something. Maybe head of Liberty University.

He's still that little altar boy giving blowjobs to the Priests. Father knows best.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2021 9:31 AM

R24, Your first sentence?

Trump probably has the tapes.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2021 9:39 AM

[quote] I don’t blame him. People need to relax on him. They were literally trying to murder him a week ago.

Oh, well, why would he vote against a man who incited his followers to murder him? Yeah, that makes sense.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2021 11:27 AM

[quote] Pence gains nothing politically by invoking the 25th and Pence is always calculating

He was a governor of Indi-fucking-ana. Hardly a shrewd always calculating politician.

Puh-leez.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2021 11:28 AM

[quote] The danger he was in last week was largely due to his own actions so fuck him.

And what were those actions?

You know his role was ceremonial and he couldn’t overturn the election, right?

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2021 11:29 AM

We have to ensure Mike Pence's political career ends Jan. 20th. He's more dangerous than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2021 11:41 AM

A pussy until the end. What kind of crazy Russian blackmail does Trump have on these assholes?

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2021 11:49 AM

[quote]He has likely been assured by McConnell that Senate will vote to convict.

And it would be delicious if McConnell were just barely wrong...and that spineless paramecium Pence HAD to vote to break the tie.

I wonder which way he'd go?

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2021 11:53 AM

We knew it would happen when Dump yesterday said that the 25th was of no consequence to him. He had met with Pence by then and knew it would not be invoked. COWARD Pence.

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2021 11:53 AM

R52, there’s no tie to be broken. In the case of conviction, Pence doesn’t get a vote. They need 67 votes, and Pence only votes when there is a 50-50 tie. They need more than 50 to convict.

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote] We have to ensure Mike Pence's political career ends Jan. 20th. He's more dangerous than Trump.

Oh, it’s ended. No Dems would vote for him and the trumpets want to, quite literally, hang him.

There’s no way he wins any sort of election with only moderates voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2021 12:36 PM

It's kind of like the way Trump trashed Cruz's wife and father. What does he have to do to them for them to say, enough?

by Anonymousreply 56January 13, 2021 1:28 PM

R49 What they meant way, Pence's actions of the past five years, supporting Trump, being his VP, not impeaching Trump the first time when they all had the chance, minimizing, deflecting, whitewashing all of Trump's craziness. Those actions. Not the single action of adhering to the Constitution and thus inflaming the mob.

by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2021 1:38 PM

Thank you, r57, I misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2021 1:44 PM

The 25th does not require a medical issue to be invoked. People keep saying that it does, but it doesn't.

Pence so would.have nothing tondo with impeachment, that's why he's fine if Congress impeaches. McTurtle had already said it won't go to the floor until the 19th so any decision isn't be made under his or Pence's watch. They're using it to their advantage.... they get rid of Orange and get to blame it on Dems and use it to rile up their cultists for the next 30 years all while keeping their hands clean. They see it as a win win win for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 59January 13, 2021 3:00 PM

True to McTurtle fashion... he rejects an Emergency Session of the Senate for Impeachment Trial.

by Anonymousreply 60January 13, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote] We have to ensure Mike Pence's political career ends Jan. 20th. He's more dangerous than Trump.

No, he's not. Mother is more dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2021 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!