Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the best episode of I Love Lucy?

you know, in response to the one about the worst.

Me, I liked the one where she and Ethel and Fred went to the Brown Derby and they met Eve Arden and see Bill Holden and later, Lucy freaks when Rick brings Bill Holden home.

The bit with dunking the fake nose into her coffee cup to complete putting out the flame wasn't in the script.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Friday at 4:58 PM

Ricky’s Movie Offer — Vance has one of the great unscripted sight gags of the series. Catches Ball completely off-guard. I have a video capture but it might be compressed badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101/12/2021

Lucy always claimed that nose stuff wasn't in the script, but that was bullshit has been debunked by numerous production staff from the show.

by Anonymousreply 201/12/2021

Vitameatavegamin.

by Anonymousreply 301/12/2021

The candy factory.

by Anonymousreply 401/12/2021

Agreed, R2. She was infamous for rehearsing absolutely every detail TO DEATH.

by Anonymousreply 501/12/2021

My fave episode is the Brown Derby one. I don't know if it's the best one.

by Anonymousreply 601/12/2021

When she tells Ricky she's pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 701/12/2021

I love the Christmas special.

by Anonymousreply 801/12/2021

R2- Who cares it was FUNNY.

by Anonymousreply 901/12/2021

I have ton of them, but I can't get the one out of my mind where they go to court and Ethel lifts her skirt to entice the judge, after seeing Lucy do it, and Fred lowers it.

by Anonymousreply 1001/12/2021

[R1]: It's my favorite too, and we get to see Eve Arden.

by Anonymousreply 1101/12/2021

The one I laughed the hardest at when I first saw it was "Lucy Does a Commercial," the popular favorite.

by Anonymousreply 1201/12/2021

Lucy and the Loving Cup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1301/12/2021

When Lucy goes to the club to tell Ricky she’s pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 1401/12/2021

"Ethel's Birthday," the one with the hostess pants, the toaster, and "Over the Teacups."

by Anonymousreply 1501/12/2021

Also the one where they try to attend "The Most Happy Fella" on Broadway and hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 1601/12/2021

"Cuban Pals", where Lucy is chased all over the Tropicana by a "VooDoo Man".

by Anonymousreply 17Last Friday at 4:04 PM

I like “Lucy Meets Orson Welles.”

by Anonymousreply 18Last Friday at 4:18 PM

I love the episode where Lucy learns to drive. Its something we can all relate to but, as with the best of their episodes, it goes from a realistic idea and goes to absolutely looney heights, with the traffic jam in Holland Tunnel and the two cars stuck together.

Oh--and the Baby Cheese episode. That one should be better remembered. Genius.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Friday at 4:53 PM

Martha! Slowly I turned, step by step!

by Anonymousreply 20Last Friday at 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!