Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Could Actually Be Removed from Office

Reports that around 20 GOP senators are "open" to convicting once the House impeaches. Will Mitch oblige?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 12:14 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 11:25 PM

Could they please drag him out in crying and with a dirty diaper, please? We have earned this!

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 11:25 PM

They need to do it now before he returns to the WH. Let him stay in Texas, in the desert.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 11:41 PM

As much as I want to see Trump thrown out on his ass, I worry about his frantic base and what they'll do if Trump is forced out.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 12:13 AM

Oh poor you, R4. Most of us know how to manage complex situations while not hesitating to do the right thing. boo hoo hoo dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 12:24 AM

This is what happens when a fascist party like the Republicans choose to challenge their madman’s lies all at once, AFTER he’s been defeated.

Civil war. They should have challenged his lies consistently since 2015.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 12:28 AM

Trump needs to be impeached at least to forbid his entry into the 2024 election.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 12:34 AM

r4, that is the very definition of terrorism; being cowed into not doing something for fear of what your opposition will do next.

You have been terrorized

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 2:20 AM

There just isn’t time. Remember the senate has to try him after he’s impeached. How can they manage that before January 20? It’s only seven days.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 2:31 AM

I heard that Schumer can do the trial after he takes over as Majority leader of the Senate. We would only need 17 Repugs to vote for Conviction at that point too.

Might make more sense to wait.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 2:37 AM

Another repub is in. Voting yes.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 2:38 AM

P.S. to R4 - it's not pretty now!

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 2:47 AM

Never gonna happen. Rethugs are too chicken shit to go all the way with it.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 2:50 AM

Meh... the deplorables will be deplorable no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 2:50 AM

GOP 2021: You Made Me Hit You

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 2:52 AM

Trump could be impeached even after he leaves office.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 4:44 AM

R7 - “ Trump needs to be impeached at least to forbid his entry into the 2024 election.”

Not just impeached R7, but Impeached AND then CONVICTED by the Senate. Conviction by the Senate ensures that dump will be thrown out of office, and never be able to hold a federal position again. It’s all up to McConnell and his boys at this point.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 4:46 AM

r7 Please stop repeating that. He's already been impeached. Do you think being impeached twice somehow makes him ineligible to run again?

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 4:47 AM

It’s a nice consolation and well-deserved, but unless he’s convicted before 1/20, it’s not going to be exciting. He’ll lose his pension and will be formally banned from running again, which is something, but I don’t think he was going to run again.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 4:50 AM

Of course not stupid, fat ho,R18. We have momentum on our side to get the senate to convict. But you already knew that right?

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 4:52 AM

If Congress thinks he should be impeached and convicted, he should be impeached and convicted. It doesn't matter if it happens before he leaves office and it doesn't matter if he can run again later or he can't (his supporters would just vote for Don Jr.). It's for history. It means his name will be ruined for 100 years and more. That's enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 5:00 AM

McConnell is 50/50. He wants revenge for Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 5:36 AM

Mitch is signaling his openness, this could happen people.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 5:50 AM

Remember, there has to be a trial in the Senate, with Chief Justice presiding.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 10:30 AM

I think Mitch wants the Senate to approve the impeachment, but after Biden's inauguration, so he isn't in charge of it.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 10:59 AM

[quote] There just isn’t time. Remember the senate has to try him after he’s impeached. How can they manage that before January 20? It’s only seven days.

Oh, I don’t know. Maybe the same way they acquitted him quickly in 2019 without allowing witnesses.

Or the way they smashed through Amy COVID Barrett’s selection.

When they want to act fast they can.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 11:13 AM

What R8 said.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 11:20 AM

Only needs 17

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2021 11:34 AM

McTurdle doesn't want a negro VP- especially a "fish" (as he calls them).

Why did I marry him? We both needed a beard. My papasan a Chinese billionaire who don't like the queers. I have to think about my inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2021 12:04 PM

He won't be removed from office. If they have enough support to actually convict him after the impeachment, that will happen after he's out of office and Biden is sworn in. There isn't enough time to actually have a trial and vote on conviction before his term is up. He'll finish his term. Sadly.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2021 12:07 PM

It's kinda like murder: who cares when it happened? It has to be dealt with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 12:08 PM

McConnell has been the most powerful man in DC for, some say, 20 years. Trump cost him his job, his power, broke the Republican party, totally fucked up the sanctity of the US capitol and nearly got them all killed. He pushed through a Supreme Cunt nominee in 8 days. He can impeach in 1- The senators themselves are the witnesses.

He's a master of politics. This story broke just as AF1 was landing back in DC. Cheney and McConnell planned for Trump to see it on CNN ten minutes before he landed. Just for the camera shot of lamedick Trump wearily stomping down the stairs of AF1. Priceless. McConnell has him by the balls.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!