Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What was your favorite Beverly Hillbillies storyline?

The hippy storyline is still one of my favorites. Hippy Granny cracks me up every time.

by Anonymousreply 4520 hours ago

When Granny gave Mrs. Drysdale her "special" medicine and got her sloshed.

by Anonymousreply 101/12/2021

When Jethro became a beatnik

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201/12/2021

Jethro Bodine: Double-Naught Spy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301/12/2021

I liked any episode that featured Miss Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 401/12/2021

The one where Ellie Mae is tag teamed bareback by Jethro and her chimpanzee.

by Anonymousreply 501/12/2021

This one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601/12/2021

R2 yeah the beatnick story was hilarious. Granny thinking all the beats are putting a hex on her still cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 701/12/2021

I loved the Sheila Kuehl progressive sociology student, aching to throw the shackles off the Clampetts that banker Drysdale imposed.

I loved the cross-sitcom stories featuring the casts of Petticoat Junction and Green Acres.

And the whole Herbie the gorilla mix-up, with Granny forcing the overall-clad gorilla to do chores (straw hat and red bandana included).

by Anonymousreply 801/12/2021

Jethro's transition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 901/12/2021

Granny discovers the cure for the common cold (puts some things in a poultice). Problem is that the poultice takes several days to "work."

by Anonymousreply 1001/12/2021

I loved the interaction with Mrs dryad ale and granny!

by Anonymousreply 1101/12/2021

Uncle Jed buys a movie studio

by Anonymousreply 1201/12/2021

Miss Hathaway brings Elly May to her Sisters of Sappho meeting.

by Anonymousreply 1301/12/2021

The one where Jethro and Ellie May each try to seduce Miss Hathaway in order to determine if she likes boys or girls.

by Anonymousreply 1401/12/2021

Any episode with Jethro in his speedo lounging around the cee-ment pond.

by Anonymousreply 1501/12/2021

Some of my favorites are when the Clampets when to England and all the mix ups that happened there.

by Anonymousreply 1601/12/2021

God I love this show. I love episodes with Aunt Pearl and Mrs. Drysdale, both actresses were fierce scene stealers!

by Anonymousreply 1701/12/2021

I've been binging the Beverly Hillbillies channel on PlutoTV the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 1801/12/2021

Agree with R3. The Double naught spy storyline was great.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Wednesday at 4:58 AM

In the double naught spy show didn't Ellie Mae call Jethro either a "double nut spy" and/or a "nut nut"?

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 5:00 AM

I thought Jed and granny were husband and wife.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Wednesday at 7:40 AM

When Jethro sees the psychiatrist to get his certificate of health for school.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Wednesday at 7:54 AM

The one where Mrs. Drysdale says her mother has "never been west of Copley Square".

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 9:16 AM

When Granny caught Jethro cornholing Dash Rip Rock in the cement pond and gave em both a good whooping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 9:28 AM

Mrs, Drysdale: “Well I never!”

Granny: “I bet you haven’t, honey?”

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 9:35 AM

Can’t remember the episode, but there was a stage mom bringing her tween daughter to the mansion to audition for something, performing gymnastic back flips in place.

Granny and Jed (whispering): “Pitiful, just pitiful,” because they thought she had some strange mental affliction

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 10:22 AM

It wasn’t on the mother show, it was a crossover episode on Petticoat Junction, but the episode where granny thinks that Steve and Betty Jo’s baby is a hairy beast, (when it is actually the dog sleeping in the stroller) , had me laughing out loud from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 4:10 PM

Hard to choose between the feud episodes and the ones where the smart businessmen talk themselves into believing Granny developed a rocket fuel that had already put men on the moon and Jed was building secret military vehicles called Crawdads.

( Classified Reconnaissance And Weapon-capable Deep-sea Amphibious Dredge)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 4:51 PM

The one where Sonny Drysdale showed Jethro how to whip up a Dirty Sanchez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 5:08 PM

Wee-doggy!

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 5:11 PM

When Granny was feuding with the federal weather commission about their wrong forecasts.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 7:44 AM

[quote]I've been binging the Beverly Hillbillies channel on PlutoTV the last few days.

Tubi TV also has the first two seasons on demand. Last night I watched the pilot (which was awkwardly called [italic]The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills[/italic]) and the first two official episodes, in which Jerry Scroggins sings a jingle for Kellogg's just after the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 8:07 AM

[quote] the first two official episodes, in which Jerry Scroggins sings a jingle for Kellogg's just after the theme song.

It alternated. One week they would do cornflakes, the next week it would be Winston cigarettes.

Happy Possum Day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 9:05 AM

The one where Granny finds an ostrich and thinks it's a chicken that ate some of her medicine.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 9:14 AM

This Kelloggs commercial they integrated into the show was kind of catchy.

It's FUN to buy food !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 9:34 AM

When Duke, the Clampett's bloodhound, got Mrs. Drrysdale's poodle pregnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 9:41 AM

I think it was the first one where neighborhood kids shows up at the Clampett's for Halloween and granny pities them because she thought their gruesome masks were their faces.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 10:03 AM

Jethro's Friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 10:10 AM

I love the story where Mr. Drysdale is feuding with his secretarial pool. When they're protesting their wages, Drysdale asks a British girl if she'd like a few more pounds. She excitedly says yes and he tells her to eat starchy foods, then breaks out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 39Yesterday at 1:41 PM

[quote] there was a stage mom bringing her tween daughter to the mansion to audition for something, performing gymnastic back flips in place.

A few years later that child had grown up enough to be fucking Rick James who changed her name to Teena Marie and produced her music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40Yesterday at 2:13 PM

Unfunniest show ever, right up there with I Love Lucy. Terrible, juvenile humour.

by Anonymousreply 41Yesterday at 3:07 PM

Anything with Mrs. Dryesdale. Her discomfort brings to mind Barbara Bush being trapped nextdoor to Jeb and his Mexican family.

by Anonymousreply 42Yesterday at 4:58 PM

The Bel-Arabs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43a day ago

Cynthia Fenwick and Widow Fenwick.

by Anonymousreply 4420 hours ago

^^ Skinny Cynthy!

by Anonymousreply 4520 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!