Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

50 state capitals

Will your governor allow your state capital to be attacked?

Please name the governor and the state.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2021 3:56 PM

Allow?

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 3:21 AM

Without a second thought. Ga. Kemp. Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 3:23 AM

OP here. I live in Florida...Desantis will lead the pack.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 3:25 AM

Cuomo. New York. “I FUCK’IN DARE YOU!

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 3:29 AM

Idaho. What's to attack? This state is redder than red.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 3:35 AM

California - the state may be blue, but that’s just on the coast where the cities are. Sacramento is in the middle of the red part.

But Newsom will probably be ready for them

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 3:39 AM

California - Newsome - We have some Deplorables who hate Newsom. I hope he's calls the National Guard.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 3:39 AM

But all the buildings will be empty, except for cops.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 3:42 AM

We will put out the welcome mat.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 3:43 AM

IL. JB will sit on any invaders.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 3:45 AM

In Pierre, SD, I anticipate that Gov Noem will open her arms for the protesters since she already is up Trump's butt. Remember, she suggested that his face should be considered for Mt. Rushmore.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 3:46 AM

Virginia. Fortunately, the radicals of the Trumpsters are a few hours west of the state capitol, and they don't like to drive into the city too often.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 3:48 AM

Wisconsin, governor Tony Evers (D). Not sure what he has planned, but they are boarding up windows on the lower floors tonight. He's suffered some defeats this past year, the Republicans have been fighting him like hell on lockdown & "safer at home" orders. I'm hoping he pulls out all the defenses & stays vigilant but we'll see. I know there are active militia groups & MAGA groups in our area. FYI the Michigan militia members who wanted to go after their governor did their "rehearsals" at a militia training property an hour from Madison. I'm about 40 minutes from Madison. One thing I've thought just now is that defense should be interesting; the Capitol building is on a very narrow, dense isthmus between two lakes. Hopefully nothing happens, the Capitol building & that area are beautiful, we love taking day trips up there.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Oregon. Kate Brown has zero charisma, but she is one of the smartest governors--she should have this well in hand.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 3:50 AM

Both the NJ governor and Trenton mayor say they're ready.

But as to the thought of entitled/racist people descending on the capital on a weekend - that may be something the white crazies may wish to forget.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 3:51 AM

Governor Inslee of Washington activated the National Guard to protect the state capitol for the start of the legislative session. Not sure if they'll be staying through Jan 20th.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 3:58 AM

CA Newsome won't even let them get close. He's not going to take their shit.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 4:09 AM

NEWSOM, not Newsome, R7 and R17

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2021 4:10 AM

yeah, they are outnumbered in California unless you go to Fresno or Bakersfield.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2021 4:10 AM

Most deplorables are too stupid to know what the capital of their state is. Especially in places like Kentucky, Oregon, Washington, Maine, Vermont, Missouri, Nevada, etc.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 4:11 AM

Texas - Abbott will probably open the doors for them. If he can reach the door handles.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 4:11 AM

Colorado here. Governor Polis is like “girl, puh-leaze”.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 4:25 AM

PA. And no. Our legislator may be out of their minds with Trump love, but our Governor, Lt Governor, AG and Secretary of State have been holding their ground against Trump and his minions since before the election when they tried to take our ballot boxes.

Bring them on.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2021 4:48 AM

Tom Wolf is the PA governor.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2021 4:49 AM

New York State will be fine. Insurgents will be swallowed up by the empty expanse of the Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza, never to be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2021 5:11 AM

NC sounds like PA.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2021 5:16 AM

I can guarantee you that the toothless hillbillies in KY have ZERO idea what the capital is or even where that city is located.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2021 5:23 AM

Ohio, and DeWine will have to figure out how to kiss the vigilantes' asses to try to avoid the humiliation of a total invasion.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2021 5:29 AM

Illinois has ramped up security although Gov Pritzker will probably vacationing in Aspen or the Caymens.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2021 5:30 AM

Georgia here. No I do not think Kemp will allow the Capitol building to be attacked. Kemp may be a putrid republican but he knows that to sit back and let a bunch of home grown terrorists make good on a threat to attack the Capitol would be his governorship's death warrant. He is a self serving POS (like all republicans) and being reelected is all he cares about. To allow an attack like that when he had plenty of forewarning would be unforgivable to even his stupid base.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2021 10:11 AM

Alabama - Governor Ivey will be soused by noon and incapable of making a decision

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2021 10:15 AM

Alabama- and R31 is right

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2021 10:18 AM

Massachusetts

Baker would be considered a D anywhere in middle America

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2021 10:24 AM

Vermont. We don't do that here.

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2021 10:28 AM

I hate Kemp but I am certain he will not allow the rioters in the Georgia capital. My son disagrees.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2021 11:05 AM

R33 And the State Police say that while they are unaware of any "specific threats" to the State House, they, like Susan Collins, are "concerned."

"Concerned" they haven't been getting much overtime since so many of them were busted for falsely claiming it, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2021 11:07 AM

[quote] State capitols around the country remain on high alert following the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and as new threats surface online, but with less than two-thirds of them employing metal detectors, and about 20 statehouses specifically allowing guns inside, there are many security gaps that rioters could exploit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2021 12:25 PM

Texas. I don't see Abbott allowing it.. Even though he's a Trumpsucker, he's disagreed a few times

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2021 12:35 PM

Jefferson City MO is a shithole in the middle of meth addicted Deplorableville and its denizens.

How would you know whether or not it's been attacked?

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Trump is very angry about the election here in Ga. Kemp opened our state 2 weeks after the first lockdown. Since that time it has been wide open. I do not trust any repig, ever.

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2021 12:57 PM

R23 Except Wolf sent a bunch of our Natl Guard to DC. And the state capital is right smack in the middle of Trumpistan, so I do expect some shit to go down.

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2021 12:58 PM

Providence, RI. Gov. Gina Raimondo may or may not be around, as she's been nominated for Sec. of Commerce. We're one of the most Democratic states, but have our share of deplorable assholes who I presume will cause a scene. Whether any of them breech Stanford White's glorious dome and desecrate the seat of Roger Williams's dream of liberty remains to be seen; I'll watch on the tube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2021 1:00 PM

How many minions do we guess he has? Enough to hit 2 states at a time?

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2021 1:03 PM

"That woman from Michigan", Gretchen Whitmer. Hopefully, we won't have a repeat of what happened last April. However, open carry is now restricted in the capitol, but concealed carry is still allowed. As these idiots love to show their long guns, they can't now and those idiots may not even have concealed carry permits.

I haven't yet seen any specific actions being taken to protect the capitol, but I'd think that's coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2021 1:13 PM

This is a very big mistake. Why not hold it inside?

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2021 1:15 PM

Why are they planning to storm state houses on a Sunday when they’ll all be empty?

I live in CT. I would imagine around 100 or so people will show up, if that.

Luckily all the plots are known well in advance.

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2021 1:16 PM

Kemp, so yes. That cunt is trying to get a personal ID requirement for getting an absentee ballot (you have to show your drivers license to them). The only reason for that would be to make it harder to vote, because the wrong kind of people just voted in Warnock and Ossoff.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2021 1:18 PM

Im in Florida....DeSantis has already put out the welcome mat

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2021 1:19 PM

R47- It is also a way to wrongfully reject ballots. You have a wrong county, one letter in your name, ect. Nothing is incorrect on the license, they are lying. But by the time you go to the DMV to verify it, oops! Election over!

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2021 1:24 PM

Is anyone targeting Mar-a-Lardo?

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2021 1:38 PM

Only the banks.

by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2021 1:40 PM

McMaster, Wilson, and most of the state legislature are Trump Republicans, and have Lindsey Graham as a U.S. Senator, who was re-elected by a suspicious margin for another six years.

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2021 1:43 PM

They cheated. They never play fair, ever. The concerned Collins, decomposing Turtle. Miss Gone with my dignity Grahame. Trump never fails to give it all away with projection. He knew good and well they cheated. But not for him. He is livid. He spit out trick after trick in that last speech he gave. He gave it all away.

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2021 1:50 PM

Montana. With that crazy-ass Gianforte just elected Governor. He will throw them a party.

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2021 1:57 PM

Governor Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma, would welcome them with a hearty handshake and no mask here in Oklahoma. Actually, I don’t expect much to happen in OKC. People can be a bit rabid, but still God-fearing and respectful.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2021 1:59 PM

Mississippi. The Governor and Legislature will keep the insurgents outside. But they will have a "meet and greet" for the crowd on the Capitol lawn in Jackson. They'll have coffee, hot chocolate, and doughnuts for the crowd. A Southern Baptist preacher will be there to tell them Trump has been doing the lawd's.work, but go home for now..

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2021 2:05 PM

Antifa doesn’t exist in our state.

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2021 2:17 PM

God'a is angry! You will'a give this man' a his back his election! Or you will burn'a in a lake of fivah! Georgia southern Baptist pedo, um, preacher.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2021 2:24 PM

Is he Italian?

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2021 2:44 PM

Sacramento is an STI-ridden, insatiable bottom, so I think she's no stranger to bottoming for strange, bearded, angry men.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2021 2:48 PM

Virginia here. Richmond has declared a State of Emergency.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2021 3:13 PM

Really, r61? Did they say why? That seems odd, especially in Virginia. I wouldn’t think they’d have a problem like the bluest states.

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2021 3:26 PM

R61- Yes, do you know why?

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2021 3:28 PM

Kemp has already sealed his fate. He'll be a one termer, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2021 3:38 PM

R61 here. It has to do with a gun rally Sunday among other things.

Roberto Roldan @ByRobertoR · 14h I’m told that the concern is related to the 2A Lobby Day (Jan. 18) as well as Jan. 20. I’m working to figure out whether this will impact the protests already planned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2021 3:50 PM

Thanks, r65.

You nice man.

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2021 3:52 PM

R65- Thank you. Go Murica! Just what we need. More guns in deplorable hands.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2021 3:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!