Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patriot's Bill Belichick to Pass on Trump's Presidential Metal of Freedom

Breaking now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2021 2:46 AM

LOL at the passive voice in that statement. "The decision was made not to move forward with the award."

Chickenshit.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 12:13 AM

Belichick's statement: “Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award.”

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 12:19 AM

Awe, sounds frightened of something. Bless his heart.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 12:20 AM

I guess he did have a refundable ticket to DC after all.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 12:23 AM

Not a fan of his but he did the right thing

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 12:24 AM

This might seem trivial, but in the past few days, Trump is said to have been livid when the PGA said one of his properties would no longer host a championship in 2022. Now, one of the best, highly-respected coaches in the world has declined an honor that would've allowed Trump to bask in the part of the job he loves most: Have famous people kiss his ass.

He was also denied the opportunity to award the Medal of Honor to the first black recepient from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (that honor will go to Biden, who will go out of his way to make the family's day about THEM).

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 12:24 AM

That's a good statement. I would never guess he would stand up. I bet Robert Kraft is not too happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 12:25 AM

Once Trump is gone the Dem controlled Congress needs to look into the possibility of retracting the Medals Of Freedom Trump has already given. Especially the one to that drug addict Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 12:26 AM

And there was Devin Nunes, drool running down his smug face, getting the medal last Monday while searching for Trump's micropenis with tweezers and a magnifying glass.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 12:28 AM

I hope Biden gives him the medal instead. How humiliating for DT!!!

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 12:29 AM

Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan...they should be ashamed at accepting the metal - they have not done one thing to deserve it. Accepting it tarnishes past recipients.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 12:31 AM

[quote] Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan...they should be ashamed at accepting the metal -

They lack the mettle for such a statement.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 12:33 AM

The rejection would have meant something had he done this the day of the riot - or, better yet, before.

I'm guessing he'd been debating what he saw as the pros and cons of this with others.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 12:35 AM

R11, Jim Jordan turned a blind eye to a team doctor sexually assaulting athletes when he was a wrestling coach. I don’t think he has a sense of shame.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote] Presidential Metal of Freedom

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote] I'm guessing he'd been debating what he saw as the pros and cons of this with others.

Kraft probably put enormous pressure on him to accept it.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 12:56 AM

LOL, its been a long day, R15.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 12:57 AM

Maybe they can give it to Doug Pederson instead.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2021 12:58 AM

A REAL PATRIOT

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2021 1:06 AM

I understand the Medal was altered for Devil Nunes and Jim Jordan. The engraving has Trump's ass so those two idiots can continue kissing it.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 1:19 AM

I am sure Kraft encouraged him not to accept.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote] Now, one of the best, highly-respected coaches in the world

R6 you must live in New England, the rest of the country doesn't respect Belichick and considers him a huge cheater. Me I don't give a shit, I gave up on football years ago.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 1:36 AM

R21 why would you say that? Kraft and Dump are buds.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2021 1:38 AM

GOOD FOR HIM.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO.

Did you know Putin stole Belichick’s Championship ring right off his finger in Russia?

Bill knows what we’re up against.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2021 1:38 AM

R23, I think they cooled their friendship over BLM.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2021 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!