Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Be honest, did you thought that Trump's endgame was going to be THIS dramatic?

Personally, not even in my wildest dreams, I thought things will go down this way.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2021 12:38 PM

Let's be honest - we all knew SOMETHING was going to go down before he left office. He's been agitating for weeks now.

This was shocking but not surprising. And - more is going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 11:35 PM

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 11:36 PM

Yes. This is all too predictable.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 11:38 PM

OP, your tenses are giving me whiplash.

But, no, even [italic]I[/italic] didn’t think things would be so dramatic and fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 11:40 PM

Honey OP, you have the imagination of someone in a coma.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 11:40 PM

Oh, a thread on Trump - this is going to be good!

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 11:46 PM

OP, it's supposed to be "did you thunk"

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 11:51 PM

I knew they were doomed in DC weeks ago when he called all patriots to come to a rally and he said “will be wild.” This was weeks ago. Trump and Rudy planned the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 11:51 PM

No. I thought he would bitch and moan all the way, but I never thought there would be a storming of the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 11:51 PM

It’s not that bad really! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 11:55 PM

Yes. I was certain that if he lost he would burn the world down if no one stopped him. Still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 11:57 PM

I actually thought it was going to be a lot worse with armed insurrections in multiple cities, including DC...and an inevitable declaration of martial law so he could stay in power.

Frankly, given how crazy these people are and how many guns they own, we may have gotten off relatively unscathed with so few deaths.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 12:01 AM

It was posted in December 20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 12:02 AM

Keeping watching, R12. Anything could happen now. These people are nutcases.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 12:05 AM

No. I thought he would bitch and moan all the way, but I never thought there would be a storming of the Capitol.

Agreed; I will readily admit that when others posted about "coup" attempts, I just rolled my eyes & assumed that Dump & MAGAs would bitch & moan, but were ultimately too lazy & unorganized to do much of anything. Now that I know what Dump is truly capable of, that fucker & all his pathetic enablers should be literally run out of town or endure a public stoning

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 12:08 AM

And armed. They are being backed by these fascists.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 12:08 AM

Honestly, I didn’t see any of this happening. Not this.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 12:28 AM

I remember many posters on DL telling us that we were over doing it with our concern about Trump, that he wasn't that bad. The country would be just fine, we were just being silly with our concern.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2021 12:36 AM

Yes, from the get-go. Anyone who observed him could see that he'd be willing to break our government and country to keep power.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2021 12:37 AM

After the courts rebuffed Trump on vacuous challenges to the election, you knew something stronger had to take place. I think Trump is very disappointed that no one took out Pence, Pelosi and Schumer. It was the ideal event to call for martial law and demand he stay in as president with an open ended term. His hopes most likely are that the violence with erupt again on the 17th and will deliver the bodies...along with Biden’s.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 12:37 AM

Yeah, I kind of did. Been warning about it for months.

I firmly believe they're not done trying.

And Jan 20th is not some magical day, beyond which deplorable efforts to thwart democracy will just evaporate away like the morning dew.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 12:44 AM

After weeks of screeching about election fraud and a stolen presidency and then the failed Dump party legal challenges - as soon as I heard that there would be a MAGA march on the 6th I knew there was going to be big trouble. Dump & Co were desperately trying to get the cult supporters riled up by telling them they had to fight. What did everyone think " fight" means? The president TOLD them to do it and said he would be there with them. They were following his instructions (and Cruz, Giuliani, Hawley and other GOP cunts), .

I am ONLY surprised the MAGA supporters didn't bring their machine guns like they did in Michigan when they stormed the state building and shoot kill members of congress. There could have been hundreds of dead politicians/staffers.

Like so many others have said in this thread - I don't believe they have finished yet. They are unrepentant and they believe they are on a crusade and their demigod is about to be tossed out of office when they think he should legally and legitimately be the president.

And yes spot on R18 - all those posters who went around calling posters here concern trolls for their posts saying they were worried and trying to shut them down. Fuck them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 12:49 AM

Of course! He's an obvious psychopath. He's been tearing pages from the dictator's handbook. Much of what's occurred over the past four years mirrors the rise of the Nazi party.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2021 12:51 AM

It's been observed of primates that they have to build up courage to do something, especially of a violent nature. They begin by screaming and posturing, beating their chests. This gives way to feints, in which they rush their opponents, display, and then retreat. Then they graduate to a single touch, and once this has happened, it subsequently gives way to a full-on melee, carried to a much more violent and murderous conclusion.

IMO, this past Wednesday was merely the 'touch' phase, establishing for themselves psychologically that it can be done.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2021 12:57 AM

I was absolutely *not* shocked OP. On this site, I have been told that I’m hysterical. Um, NO, no I’m not. We have been trying to tell you all he is a true textbook fascist, and this is what they do. Someone tweeted a few days ago, “The people who were accused of being the most wrong were actually the most right about him.”

And as r23 stated, this isn’t over. Can I prove that? No. But based on everything I know and the people and culture I’m surrounded with, I don’t think it’s over. Don’t be hysterical — just be safe. Don’t try to counter protest until weeks from now, until well after the Inauguration. There will be assassinations and more violence. There will be far greater betrayals within LE and military. This has officially come to a head, a combination of Trump cultism and white supremacy stoking the hillbillies, it is a highly highly volatile situation. But cling tight to the Constitution. Call your Congress people and demand they use every single means necessary to impeach and convict. These SOB’s need to be willing to fall on their swords for the good of this fucking country. Fall on your fucking swords!

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2021 12:58 AM

We are in grave danger.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2021 1:06 AM

I was one of those who wouldn’t believe it.

I am worried now.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2021 1:08 AM

You haven’t seen anything yet.

This will end in tears...

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2021 1:08 AM

R oh, there’s still time

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2021 1:11 AM

He is going to force them to let him skate. He is to walk away - with money. He’s more upset his mob didn’t rid itself of non-photogenic clowns.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2021 1:16 AM

The day i woke up and found out Trump was elected President. I sat in bed for 2 hours and sobbed because i knew he would destroy this country. he didn't disappoint me.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2021 1:25 AM

I believe he and/or his henchmen have a bright future in comic conventions if Eric can swing a graphic novel.

Chewbacca and the two special-needs neckbeards are to be immortalized. I want images of those three on the Trump family crest.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2021 1:36 AM

Ivanka can find her future face by looking her her mother. Grim.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2021 1:38 AM

I had always thought that Trump was pure evil and would destroy the country somehow, like by starting a war. But I didn't expect him to make such a fuss over the election, only because I didn't think he actually wanted a second term. I didn't think he wanted to spend the next 4 years trying to deal with the COVID and economic mess that he has left this country in. He got lucky during his first term. He wouldn't have been so lucky during a second term. I figured that Trump would huff and puff about the election being unfair and would make things difficult for Biden, but I thought that he ultimately would relinquish power.

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2021 1:39 AM

I didn’t think that many idiots would be willing to risk their lives for him. I thought they’d all be too lazy or unable to afford a trip to Washington. I thought he’d whine like a bratty little girl the whole time though.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2021 1:40 AM

I've been saying since summer that everyone but the most hardcore Deplorables will be ashamed they voted for him by the time this is all over (which won't end at inauguration).

Most people will draw the line at someone dragging them under with them.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2021 1:40 AM

I’ve been concerned for a long time now.

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2021 2:06 AM

I never thought he'd get this far. It's hard to remember how innocent I was in the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2021 2:13 AM

Never thought we would be so abandoned and betrayed by those who swore to protect us.

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2021 2:15 AM

Did anyone notice that Trump’s order today to deploy more resources for the inauguration referenced the current emergency, but left out the emergency was caused by DJT? Unbelievable

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2021 2:20 AM

A lot of people predicted something along these lines or worse. For some reason, I thought he would concede in December and attend the inauguration like an adult. I'm fired.

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2021 2:29 AM

I didn't know how many procedural steps it took to certify a President-Elect. So after the court challenges were thrown out, the white shoe law firms withdrew and he was left with deadenders like Rudy, Flynn and Sidney, I assumed it would all just sound and fury.

I did note the changing guard at the DOD, Proud Boy leader at the WH and huge no-bid contract to Erik Prince. Still, I never imagined he would try extra-judicial means.

What happened on the 6th was simply amateur coup hour. They had a widely -publicized rally on DC and march on the Capitol which the unintended consequence of too many Trumpers showing up from all over the country to participate, take pics and pick up souvenirs. If any tactical team was supposed to take the leadership hostage or steal the ballots, they were hampered by the size of crowd. Too many friendlies to start machine gunning everyone.

They didn't think through very well and they didn't have any tangible tactical goals.

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2021 2:34 AM

It’s frankly terrifying because I really do believe they would have beat up or killed Nancy and Pence. That clearly was the goal of the day.

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2021 2:38 AM

If not for their incompetence, I shudder to think what would happen.

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2021 2:38 AM

That it would end with a white trash uprising? Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2021 2:41 AM

They've learned from this and are not going to stop planning; let's hope Democrats and the military don't sit back and rest.

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2021 2:42 AM

I would say the spectrum was looky loos to full on murderers, which included police and military. All suffering from dementia. But there were several, well over a hundred, who were rabid and ready to kill. It was very planned by and for those that wanted to do the most harm.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2021 2:43 AM

This is why our criminal masterminds fail every fucking time. Zero time, effort, and money has been spent in the training of these morons and they expected upheaval. They were set loose as a show.

This is low budget theater. I expect better.

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2021 2:44 AM

When will poor white people stop doing the dirty work for rich white people who don't give two fucks about them?

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2021 2:46 AM

Rudy was a big ringleader and planner. From phone calls he made at the time, we know he expected it. Ditto Trump being giddy while staff at the WH were horrified he was so excited and joyful while watching a riot.

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2021 2:47 AM

They are not all poor. It is the republicans taking big donor money . The 1% own them. They keep these mouth breathers stirred up. The repub party needs to be banned from holding any office.

by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2021 2:50 AM

Y'all are stupid if you thought this entitled baby would placate himself somehow and be normal. Why? Cuz he's white, a man, and rich? This fat loser was exposed years ago and you can't wrap yourself around the fact that you were duped!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2021 2:53 AM

He never fooled any of us. We have spent 5 years in fear and dread. Almost everyone on DL knew what a monster we had in power.

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2021 2:56 AM

Mentally ill from beginning to end

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2021 2:57 AM

Honestly, no. I figured there would be protests/demonstrations and maybe a few folks would get rowdy. But, I never really thought they'd breach federal buildings. And that's just last Wednesday - there is of course all the fall out which is even more dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2021 2:59 AM

Your county Coroner got more vetting than Trump did. Weren't his umpteen conflicts of interest a red flag?

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2021 3:48 AM

We can't assume it's over yet. Last week may have been just the beginning.

Here's a terrifying article about Capitol Police briefing Democrats last night on 3 specific plans in the works to overthrow the government.

[quote] Democrats were told that the Capitol Police and the National Guard were preparing for potentially tens of thousands of armed protesters coming to Washington and were establishing rules of engagement for warfare. In general, the military and police don’t plan to shoot anyone until one of the rioters fires, but there could be exceptions.

[quote] Lawmakers were told that the plot to encircle the Capitol also included plans to surround the White House ― so that no one could harm Trump ― and the Supreme Court, simply to shut down the courts. The plan to surround the Capitol includes assassinating Democrats as well as Republicans who didn’t support Trump’s effort to overturn the election ― and allowing other Republicans to enter the building and control government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2021 6:07 AM

Yes, I figured it would be something like this. He wasn't joking about serving for life. He wasn't joking about not having a peaceful transition. He wasn't joking when he told his cult he'd be very mad at them if they didn't fight for him. And his cult was never joking when they planned all this stuff.

It still isn't over. Republicans hate democracy. More of them in positions of power and in law enforcement are in on this or approve than you think. People have been screaming about a coup for months and we were called hysterical. There are still trolls trying to downplay this. What more proof do people need that Trump and his followers, which is the Republican party, are going to do everything they can to keep him in power?

It won't work. Nobody ever said it would work. But they aren't done.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2021 6:17 AM

[quote] This is all too predictable.

Well, why didn't you alert the authorities about your predictions?

[quote] Jan 20th is not some magical day, beyond which deplorable efforts to thwart democracy will just evaporate.

Have you alerted the authorities about your predictions?

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2021 6:30 AM

DEAR, oh.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2021 6:32 AM

[quote]Have you alerted the authorities about your predictions?

You mean, the way you've alerted everyone that you're a smartass, R59? No, it shouldn't really be necessary. It seems to be unreasonable expectations by the public, akin to the deplorable claim that 'the day after the election, Covid will just magically disappear - watch and see.' Inaugurating Biden will not make deplorables disappear - they will all still be here after Jan 20. As far as coping with the percentage of Americans who are Republican, white supremacist, or who have swallowed the Trump/QAnon koolaid, I'm afraid we're in it for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2021 6:50 AM

If Dump ever had an iota of saving grace, it is now gone. History will not be kind. He'll be a footnote lin history for being the President that instigated a domestic terrorist attack on our nation's Capitol. He will go down as a disgrace to our country and become the living embodiment and a cautionary tale of how to reveal yourself as an epic failure.

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2021 7:57 AM

[quote] footnote lin history

No, he’ll have a chapter dedicated to completely dressing him down and revealing him to be the fascist dictator he is. I look forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2021 8:01 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2021 8:03 AM

Hollywood will be making 3 movies about all this in the next decade.

I vote for Spacey portraying the past president.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2021 8:04 AM

His biggest fear is going to jail. This is a personal war with him, self absorbed and consumed with revenge. I’m sure his lawyers already approached Biden about negotiating his pardon and creating a special presidential exception for NY prosecution and they said NO.

Cutting his Twitter was the best thing to happen- and he’s absolutely tormented by it.

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2021 8:17 AM

I thought any attempts at nonsense would be put down by the heavy security (if you've ever been to even the most peaceful marches in DC, it's shoulder to shoulder cops) and just how expensive DC is, preventing most people from traveling & staying here.

Aside from the whole law enforcement aspect, one of the most interesting parts of this story will be who *paid* for protestors to come.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2021 8:46 AM

[quote] endgame was going to be THIS dramatic?

This endgame was lame and boring compared to Francisco Franco's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2021 9:18 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2021 9:32 AM

No, I knew he was unfit for office but didn't think he would cross the line like this. Power must be like a drug for him.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2021 10:54 AM

OP is assuming that's the last of Trump's fucked up coup? He still has 9 days to go.

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2021 11:23 AM

What r9 wrote.

I wrote here that if he sees he may lose the election he'll announce he's not running again. I mistakenly premised that on the belief that he had an eye on his "brand" post-presidency, that the Trump Organization was bleeding cash, best to leave on his terms , declare himself the best POTUS ever rather than risk LOSER on his resume.

Boy, was I ever wrong. Trump is psychopathic as many, many mental health care experts stated from the beginning.

Dammit, though, that should not absolve him from any responsibility for the danger, mayhem and deaths he and his Trump Rabidians have caused.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2021 11:48 AM

I wasn't expecting a storming of the Capitol building until we started hearing Trump hinting about it, but I knew there would be something, maybe another OKC bombing type thing, or more mosques and synagogues attacked.

Went through a few days of being really fuckin' pissed off because so many of us said Trump was capable of this and everyone who let themselves be hoodwinked said nooo, he's not a psychopath, you're hysterical.

Then some GOP sympathizer on a Hillary Clinton thread yesterday said her warnings in 2016 were no big deal because "everyone who paid attention knew Trump was like this" and I've never wanted to punch someone in the motherfucking face so much in my life. No, millions absolutely insisted he would never be like this and that HRC was fearmongering and lying.

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2021 12:39 PM

See, r63, that's probably not going to happen.

We never hear about how Teddy Roosevelt was a psychopath, only that he lurved forests and had charisma. Johnson was a monster and he's held up as a kind of interesting American figure rather than the piece of shit he really was. We don't hear much Hoover, Tyler or Harding, and they almost destroyed the country. W is already being rehabilitated.

Trump will be relegated to the sidelines of history. We don't hold our presidents responsible. We might have a chapter on Teapot Dome in a social studies book but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2021 12:44 PM

Hillary Clinton definitely thought so. Which reminds me: America would be so different if HC were president right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Yes and it isn’t over yet. Unless he gets out there and tells people to stop and acknowledged Biden by name the violence will continue. This weekend into next week is extremely dangerous. Luckily the plans are known about and DC is basically a fortress right now.

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2021 1:29 PM

When asked what her uncle would do if he lost, My Hero Mary Trump answered: You have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote] Unless he gets out there and tells people to stop and acknowledged Biden by name the violence will continue.

Of course, he won't do this, so yes, the violence will continue.

And the threat will stretch well beyond inauguration. As the Biden administration works to undo so many of the horrible things that Trump has done, the MAGAts will become even more enraged. And Fox News and OAN will stir them up by talking about Biden's "socialist agenda."

I also fear that, as an act of protest, the MAGAts will refuse to get vaccinated, hurting efforts to bring COVID under control.

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2021 1:42 PM

He’s a drama queen because he loves loves LOVES attention. And he lost. And he’s terrified of prosecution. So the needle popped off the Queen-O-Meter and landed in the neighbor’s backyard.

But he’s too cowardly and not smart enough to have made it truly scary — like a real effort to overthrow the government. What was that Duck Dynasty invasion supposed to overthrow the government with, exactly? The guy in furs with the riot shield at the speaker’s podium declaring a Trumpocracy?

What happened instead was embarrassing snd degrading, and deadly for a few police caught in the way of Trump’s narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2021 2:04 PM

Who is r52 talking to? Weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote] Unless he gets out there and tells people to stop and acknowledged Biden by name the violence will continue.

Even if this did happen, his klan would read into that as a dog whistle. Just like the Alamo trip and “last stand” bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2021 2:33 PM

To answer your question, OP, no I did not expect THIS.

As others have said, I expected him to whine, complain and even sue to get the election overturned. I also naively thought once people saw there was absolutely zero evidence of fraud of any kind that they would essentially accept the results and move on. Maybe not completely, but with the thought that there’s nothing that can be done.

For his followers to be stupid enough to believe that Mike Pence could overturn an election in congress and if he didn’t they’d want to hang him was something that never occurred to me.

None of the deplorables I’ve trolled on Twitter can ever answer the question “what exactly do you think Pence can do to overturn this?” That is a scary thought.

If the situation we’re in right now wasn’t so dangerous I’d say let’s sit back and watch the show. It’s gone to a whole other level right now and the repigs are complicit for not throwing him out. I cannot believe people like Graham and Pence, whose lives were literally in jeopardy, can sit back and still toe the party line. I’ll never understand it if I live to be 1,000.

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2021 2:39 PM

Like one of the posters upthread said, I thought he would start a war too, so it would guarantee a 2nd term, and he could make all sorts of shystery contracts with manufacturers, black op companies, security companies, etc.. When he was not accepting the transition of power, I thought that something was going to go down on Joe's Inauguration, but not like this.

I really don't get it- is he that charismatic? Or is he a pawn for the GoP? He's so repellent, visually and aurally, I can't even listen to one minute of him speaking.

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2021 5:21 PM

OK I didn't think it was going to end like 01/06 - 01/11.

I defy anyone to say they anticipated 01/12...

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2021 10:27 PM

I saw this as inevitable ever since Charlottesville. Once Q-Anon took hold I knew civil war was coming.

They’re not done. This won’t end with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2021 10:32 PM

The cops let them all in. They were in on it.

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2021 10:34 PM

Michael Cohen said the other night that if Trump had been re-elected, that he would never leave. That it would be a dictatorship from then on, passing the baton on to his children when he eventually stepped down.

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2021 10:40 PM

Agreed R85. Nothing has ended yet. It has just be quashed and stifled for now.

Very worrying.

by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote] Frankly, given how crazy these people are and how many guns they own, we may have gotten off relatively unscathed with so few deaths.

So far

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2021 11:13 AM

I'm expecting armed insurection and nukes. These fuckers won't go quietly into the night. Especially since we're all howling with laughter at them now

by Anonymousreply 90January 13, 2021 11:17 AM

Concrete barricades and a chain link fence were installed around Pence's residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 13, 2021 11:38 AM

Hee, the Devil has come home for Sociopence. He and mother are praying for salvation.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2021 12:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!