Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What were you doing the night before the 2016 election?

I was at a Stevie Nicks concert in Nashville. It was such a fun night, full of optimism about having out first female President. Of course as the next day progressed it became more apparent that the Orange Turd would be President.

I think it's the last time I felt optimistic about our country.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 2:15 AM

It worried me from the start. Something was wrong here when people would treat such a dangerous man as a viable candidate. Something was very wrong. Knowing who the GOP cheat, hearing him joke about about his connections to Russia, it gave me a sick feeling. We have been traumatized since then.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 10:59 PM

That was the first time my company sent me out here to Romania, I was awake due to the time difference. Caught a nice show with an actor I met at a gay-friendly café and had some mind-blowing sex. Thought for sure Hillary was gonna win. The next morning, when I woke up and found out the news, I walked around the local mall to Starbucks and ordered in a daze. I was so depressed I could barely finish my cheese pie and coffee. Just in a state of shock that something like that could happen and really felt like I didn't want to come home in three months. It was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 11:06 PM

I went to see Madonna do an inspiring acoustic set in Washington Square Park. We were all so happy that day. It’s hard to imagine how horrible it would get

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 11:11 PM

I can't even remember what i ate for dinner last night.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 11:13 PM

I was vigorously scratching my shitbox

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 11:18 PM

I was in Edinburgh, Scotland on an extended vacation. Was following the news and polls from the U.S. and somewhat confident that Hillary would win, but not 100%. Can't remember what I ate for dinner but had a good night's sleep.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 12:29 AM

People who thought Hillary was a net positive are the reason Trump won.

Hillary is a failed warmonger hated by lots of people who never should have run, let alone run a shitty campaign.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 1:45 AM

I was working at an early vote center in my city, and saw so many votes for Hillary. Felt confident. I walked all the way home that night just to clear my head - watched TV later in disbelief.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 2:05 AM

After visiting West Michigan throughout the Summer and Fall of 2016, I knew Trump had a viable chance of winning. Them fanatical lawn signs, the way people were talking. When Election Night came I didn't go to the local Democratic party. I spent it alone and with a vodka bottle. I knew what was about to happen.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 2:09 AM

The night before or the night of? The night of, I was at home drinking/doing what I do at home. The night before? Probably working.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 2:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!