Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did it ever help you to text or call someone when you were drunk?

Did it make you feel better? Did it resolve anything?

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 4:28 AM

Nope. Nearly got me arrested once though. It really never did because I could not properly communicate my feelings without over emotion. If I even remembered.

Q-Do you suffer from blackouts? A-Not that I recall.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 3:13 PM

Much better. It was raining, I was drunk, and they came and drove me home.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 3:15 PM

Never. Huge, unrecoverable mistake.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 3:16 PM

OP Anyone in particular that you want to call?

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 3:17 PM

R1 / R4 I've made two of them in my life although I remember only one. I was told about one and I still don't remember it or why I would have said the things I supposedly said. It was very scary for me to think I could have accomplished that call with absolutely no memory of it or why I would have done it. The call I do remember making while drunk was an apology.

Yes, there is someone I want to call but I can't do it sober...

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 3:31 PM

All I can tell you is there has not been one time that I called someone drunk without much regret and humiliation the next day. You could write a letter? Maybe that would help you express yourself a bit more sober?

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 3:37 PM

On the flip side, I got a 3 am email from my boss, praising how I handled a meeting the day before and the commitment of a pretty substantial bonus. The boss didn’t show up for work the next day so I emailed him my thanks for the compliments and bonus, and we never acknowledged it in person, which wouldn’t have been unusual.

Two weeks later when nothing went through payroll I called HR. They said to forward my boss’s email to them. I intuitively knew this was going to get him in trouble so I forwarded the HR email to him and asked if he wanted to follow up with HR directly. The bonus went through and I think in gratitude of not exposing a drunken email from an officer of the company he bumped up the bonus even higher.

My boss has since quit drinking and we remain good friends.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 6:00 PM

No, doesn't help unless it prevents you from driving while drunk.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 6:16 PM

R7 Great story.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 7:10 PM

If you dial someone drunk late at night and tell them something meaningful, they just love it! It's a surefire way to mend broken relationships.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 7:39 PM

[quote] If you dial someone drunk late at night and tell them something meaningful, they just love it! It's a surefire way to mend broken relationships.

Maybe if it's done very sparingly, R10. If, the only time you can say something "meaningful" is when you're drunk, that gets old very fast.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 9:33 PM

No, r11: the more you do it, the better! Everyone loves drunken phone calls full of emotional honesty!

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2021 11:24 PM

I didn't make the call, but I broke one of my cardinal rules and answered the phone when drunk, when I saw it was my ex calling me. I had cut off all communication with him, and he wouldn't give up on remaining friends with me. Well, he hung on and listened while I drunkenly unburdened myself, in tears, and called him every kind of name. He accepted everything I said, and even agreed with it. We're still friends at this point, since we've survived the lowest points of our friendship. But I was prepared to never hear from him again.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 12:52 AM

R13 The fact that you two are 'still friends' sounds hopeful. Also, your post about 'answering the phone while drunk' puts a twist on this thread. Anyone else answered while drunk?

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 1:04 AM

Unfortunately yes- texts to ex. We’re still friends but I know he’s tired of it. He ambien texts me, though also.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 4:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!