Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Guy friends or girl friends?

Growing up, did you have more guy friends or more girl friends?

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 1:38 PM

I had more girlfriends but a few really good guy friends, too.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 11:28 AM

In elementary school I had more girl friends.

In junior high and high school I had more guy friends.

That’s because I was sucking off most of them.

I was like Andy Samberg‘s character in “I love you, man”

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 11:45 AM

Male until college (most of whom turned out tp be gay), then in college a mix (most of the men straight), then as a working adult separate spheres of gay and lesbian friends and mostly straight professional friends (the longer lasting of whom were women.) Now probably 2/3 straight friends and 1/3 gay friends, but not segregated.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 12:36 PM

Regrettably female in my younger years. The more masculine i became , more men.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 12:40 PM

It was a mixture of guys and girls from the neighborhood -- I didn't really have friends just from school. I grew up across the street from a park that was the magnet for kids within ten blocks. Total baby boomers so everyone had 4, 5, 6 siblings it seems (there were 8 of us) and they all went to the park. So on any given day, you'd have 25 kids hanging out on swings, playing baseball, pickup volleyball games, etc. There were certainly groups based on age; as one of the younger ones I could never hang out with the older ones, or maybe I was tolerated at times.

It was not some golden youth by any means, but I do recall the parts of being constantly active and relatively carefree with great warmth.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 12:51 PM

In and after high school I had four good male friends and five good female friends.

At university I had four good male friends and six good female friends.

This doesn't include boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 12:57 PM

Guys. Always.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 1:02 PM

I had no friends until high school, then that was two guy friends.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 1:34 PM

Growing up all my friends were guys. It wasn't til after I came out that I started having some female friends.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]The more masculine i became

Did your parents send you to masc4masc summer camp?

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 1:36 PM

Mostly guys until college. Since college, I have several close friendships with straight women, a few of them are first cousins. My guy friends are mostly straight. And all my closest guy friends are straight.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 1:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!