Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

An 18-Year-Old Saw Her Mom, Aunt, And Uncle In DC In A Video — So She Named Them

Helena Duke, 18, thought it was odd when her mom shut off her location on a phone-tracking app that they share earlier this week. Her mom, Therese Duke, had told her vaguely that she was taking Helena’s aunt for a procedure. But Helena suspected that her Trump-supporting mom may have secretly traveled to Washington, DC, for the delusional last-ditch "Stop the Steal" rally.

On Thursday morning, Helena's cousin had sent her a viral video of a physical encounter on the streets of DC filmed Tuesday, the night before the Capitol was raided.

Watching the clip, Helena identified her mom, her aunt Annie Lorenz, and her uncle Richard Lorenz as part of a group of white people confronting a Black woman who had hit Therese in the face after she had tried to grab her.

Stunned to see her mom, Helena decided to tweet about the video and identified her family members as the people in it. "hi mom remember the time you told me I shouldn't go to BLM protests bc they could get violent...this you?" she wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2021 11:54 PM

God bless her.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 2:11 AM

The fighter-pilot zip tie man (not the bartender man) was turned in by his ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 2:11 AM

It's our time to shine, people estranged from their hick racist families!

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 2:12 AM

She's awesome. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 2:14 AM

Are she and Kellyanne's daughter friends?

They should be BFFs.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 2:15 AM

Only the youth can save our country. A lot of the voters Stacy Abrams registered after November were young and some turned 18 years.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 2:22 AM

What will happen to poor Therese if she gets kicked out of the family home?

We should start up a collection for her until she can get a job and support herself.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 2:27 AM

I hope she doesn't suffer any kind of verbal abuse or harassment from her piece of shit family members.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 2:29 AM

She's already been kicked out several times for being a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 2:29 AM

Sassy Therese should divorce herself from these awful people and stand on her own two feet.

She would be a hypocrite otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 2:34 AM

[Quote] 18, thought it was odd when her mom shut off her location on a phone-tracking app that they share

Is that a thing families do now? I think I'd attach my phone to a passing pigeon rather than have my parents spy on the places I was going to when I was 18.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 2:35 AM

People here shit on Gen Z and millennials all the time but I'll take them over a bunch of hateful old rednecks

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2021 2:36 AM

A lot of Zoomers and Millennials I know can't stand their parents and think they are racist and full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2021 2:38 AM

Therese and her lover should escape and elope and make youtube videos and live off donations.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2021 2:38 AM

R13 I'm a millennial and I have several friends who have cut off contact with their racist Trump supporting parents and relatives.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote] I have several friends who have cut off contact

Are they paying their own bills?

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2021 2:45 AM

We must praise Helena Duke and Greta Thunberg!

They are our role models!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2021 2:55 AM

R11, unfortunately these tracking apps for parents are very popular.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2021 2:58 AM

r11, because of the popularity of tracking apps, it made a great episode of Black Mirror:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2021 3:07 AM

An American hero.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 11:20 PM

Veda Pierce heartily approves.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote] What will happen to poor Therese if she gets kicked out of the family home?

She's 18 years old. People get kicked out at age 18 all the time.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 11:41 PM

In the middle of a pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2021 11:51 PM

R16, what does it matter if their parents want to give them money?

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2021 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!