Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Accents

Which accents are you personally attracted to?

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2021 2:10 PM

Scottish (Edinburgh), Parisian French

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2021 3:55 PM

I’ll bend over for any man over 40 with any working class NYC accent. So sexy to me.

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2021 3:55 PM

A Scottish accent makes me weak in the knees for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2021 3:58 PM

Moldovan

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2021 4:04 PM

R2- I'm not working class but I do have THE accent.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2021 4:18 PM

There was a survey of British passengers on an airplane. They were asked which American accents they liked the best. They said the Boston accent was the most intelligent sounding and the New York accent was the sexiest.

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2021 4:19 PM

Black guys from New York

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2021 4:25 PM

R6: "New York accent is the sexiest?" That came as a shocker to me.

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2021 4:28 PM

Welsh. I love the sing song and the unique pronunciations.

Also, Israeli accent can be really nice sometimes.

Hate German and Russian accents.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2021 4:29 PM

British RP, Parisian French, Castilian Spanish, non-rhotic Southern US.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2021 4:38 PM

[quote] They said the Boston accent was the most intelligent

Dear god, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Trinidadians

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2021 4:40 PM

I’m Scottish. When I lived in London I met a lot of guys who were kinky for the accent. It was amusing at first, but it grated when that was all they were interested in. They seemed to get off on the thought of me being a rough Glaswegian hard man.

“Say something Scottish” they would beg. “Haggis” I would reply.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2021 4:41 PM

R6 - that's complete horseshit. There's no way Brits would say the Boston accent is the most intelligent sounding - particularly after they've had a few years of Family Guy.

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2021 5:12 PM

Foreign accent generally means uncut, so I like (and lick) 'em all!

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2021 5:17 PM

Another vote for Scottish, makes me think of those muscular, thick-thighed rugby players. Also Irish, and certain English regions.

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2021 5:46 PM

R14- British Airways surveyed 1000 of their passengers and the Boston accent was voted the MOST intelligent sounding American accent.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2021 6:45 PM

I love to hear anyone — it’s usually a French person — struggle with the “th” sound in English. If it’s a hard th they will use the hard s (sink for think, sought for thought, etc.). When it’s a soft th you’ll hear the z sound (ze/the, zat/that, etc.).

Just charms me. It also amazes me how we understand exactly what they’re saying. If you mess up pronunciations in other languages you’ll be quickly corrected. Maybe English can rely on context more than other languages.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2021 6:57 PM

Slow southern - not the hick kind, just the slow drawl

French is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2021 6:59 PM

R17 bwahahahah

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2021 7:00 PM

I like a straight up southern accent on a man.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2021 7:01 PM

R17 riiiight. They surveyed the passengers coming off an 18 hr flight drunk, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2021 7:05 PM

Posh Brits.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2021 7:06 PM

The BA survey is real. OP's report of the result is mistaken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2021 7:07 PM

Geordie is the smartest? What a world!

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2021 7:09 PM

Educated, upper-middle class Spanish/Latin accents. Especially when they are speaking English.

Not the Chicano slang or barrio ones.

Aye aye aye aye!

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote] I like a straight up southern accent on a man.

There are a few different Southern accents. Which one do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2021 7:52 PM

In college I had a Norwegian roommate. I love the way he would pronounce Music.. Mu-sick, without the hard Z. I thought it was kind of hot.

All the other roommates were gone Christmas break so it was just me and him. After a night of heavy drinking he knew what I wanted so he let me blow him. Big fat uncut that I could barely take into my mouth. He loved it.

I'm friends with him on Facebook. I don't think he's completely out but he has no girlfriend and all of the pictures are with guys. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2021 8:06 PM

R28 ask him for cock pics and share them here

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2021 9:13 PM

It is weird because I use to love nearly all accents, I found them interesting and in some cases very sexy but in my old age I just find them annoying and I don't know why. I am not some immigrant hating bigot or Trump cult follower, my view on them just seemed to change over night. I would never tell anyone their accent annoyed me, that would be mean, but they do annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2021 11:03 PM

Spanish and Italian. Everything else, I couldn't care less.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2021 11:13 PM

There's sexy and then there's attractive. Sexy = want to fuck. Attractive = want to marry. For example, RP British English is attractive, but it's not especially sexy. A Yorkshire accent is very sexy. It sounds masculine, even coming from women. I agree with poster above about Scottish accents - sexy and also attractive, especially when they're subtle, educated accents. "Trainspotting" Scottish maybe not so much.

In America, strong regional accents are indicative of working-class status, especially in younger people. Therefore, any strong regional accent in a man will suggest a blue-collar or service (LE, FD, military) background, which is sexy. Among them, I find the Boston accent very hot. It sounds smarter - smaaatah? - than NY accents and, like the Yorkshire accent, sounds masculine even in women. Meanwhile, the Philly/Baltimore accent is ugly AF; neither sexy nor attractive. No accent = likely middle-class status or above = potentially attractive and/or sexy, depending on factors other than accent.

Among Southern accents, a Texas accent is sexiness personified and a mountain twang can be hot, but a Deep South Gomer Pyle slack-jawed yokel accent is unappealing (sorry, Senatrix!).

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2021 11:47 PM

^^^ by "no accent" I mean unaccented General American speech in which, at best, one can discern East Coast, Southern or West Coast influence, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2021 11:51 PM

Scot, then French.

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2021 11:57 PM

[quote] There are a few different Southern accents

I beg to differ. There are hundreds, if not thousands of southern accents. Every larger southern city has its own accent and then you have all the myriad other accents throughout each state.

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2021 11:59 PM

Various regional English accents (never Scottish or Irish, though—gross), Australian, South African, California surfer dudes. That’s about it

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2021 12:00 AM

I'm from the Southern US, i always thought a mid-west accent was hot, like from Minnesota. Not over dramatic like Fargo, though.

by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Soft Irish accent, I'll follow you around like a dog just to listen to you speak.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2021 12:15 AM

Is anyone attracted to a thick Irish accent? I need to know so I can make sure I never get near you because you're clearly insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2021 12:46 AM

New Orleans

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2021 12:54 AM

R35 - oh please, the South is not that special. There are not thousands of Southern US accents. There may be some different words, but c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2021 12:55 AM

Accent aigu.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2021 1:12 AM

Irish. Not a huge Jaime Dornan fan, but this accent is incredibly sexy to me.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2021 1:13 AM

Why has no one mentioned the rrrilly, rrilly thick Southerrn Califorrnya accent? It is neither sexy, attractive, nor intelligent sounding in any way to me, but at least I can understand what they are saying and discern individual words.

Can't say the same about my blue collah paahtnuh in Boston, with whom I am in a long distance relationship -- especially when I visit him there and we are with his family and friends. I understand about 70% and don't know where each word starts or ends. I just smile and nod. Actually, I ROFLMAO! It's like we're in a bi-racial, multinational marriage. But when he visits me in SF (where he used to live for many years until going back), he's very self-conscious about his accent and tones it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2021 1:41 AM

Australian and English

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2021 3:36 AM

Australian and English

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2021 3:36 AM

Southern Accents. Texan more so than Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2021 3:47 AM

Family friends from MA had four boys, all with really strong Boston accents. Always liked the way they spoke. And the slow drawl of a southern accent turns me on as long as it's not a redneck.

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2021 4:11 AM

Family friends from MA had four boys, all with really strong Boston accents. Always liked the way they spoke. And the slow drawl of a southern accent turns me on as long as it's not a redneck.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2021 4:11 AM

The Romance languages' acute accent "é," OP.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2021 7:52 AM

I could only understand about 50% of what the Irish guy in R39 ‘s clip was saying. I wonder if those with similary thick accents can understand everything Americans say without difficulty. Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2021 11:16 PM

In terms of foreign accents - German, when it's subtle. A lot of Germans speak excellent English, and a subset of these have only moderate accents. It's very hot. The accent sounds sophisticated, cultivated, cool and masculine - like they could take you to the ballet, kill a terrorist on the way back to the hotel, and then fuck the shit out of you, all without mussing a hair. It's sort of like the RP British English accent when spoken by a very manly man ... but that's not a foreign accent.

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2021 12:43 AM

Australian. Above all.

Aussie men speak, I need a dribble bib.

And I just love me a soft Southern drawl.

Those boys just charm my clothes off.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2021 12:53 AM

Had always hated Northern British accents (I’m from the West, where we’ve generally softer, less morbid ways of speaking), until I heard Jordan Henderson speak.

Somehow, his gorgeousness re-renders the normally atrocious Mackem accent—mumbled, guttural, flat and bleak as its industrial home in Sunderland—into a melty delicious ASMR. I could listen to Hendo ramble about nothing for hours, and come away relaxed and satisfied.

And as for him shouting on the football pitch? Nothing sexier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2021 10:37 AM

French only. The rest annoy the hell out of me. Irish accents are quaint but that's it. The rest are a pain.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2021 10:40 AM

The accents that come from Spain, Italy, and France make my clothes fall off.

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2021 11:04 AM

R56 - after a few years here, if I hear the Spanish and Italian accents I immediately think "supports Hungary's anti-LGBT law", "treats women like dirt", "99% chance of being a racist asshole"...I came to Eastern Europe and expected a WHOLE different behavior from Italian and Spanish colleagues because of their famed "warmth". I have found that the overwhelming amount (and these are educated IT engineers) are complete right wing goons. Local women avoid them because they have this entitled air like Trump and say many are incredibly rude. Surprisingly, the Dutch and Nordics were far more open-minded and polite. Of course, that's not to say all are like that and I have Italian ancestors but man...I was so disappointed because my Italian grandmother would praise Italians to the high heavens.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2021 11:13 AM

Of course you can find exactly that in Spain and Italy. They gave us Franco and Mussolini and enough supporters to make them possible. There are right wing politicians everywhere and all of them have their supporters.

Neither Spain nor Italy are limited to that, though.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2021 12:20 PM

You are right but I am disappointed to see so many younger men with education returning to that mindset. It is akin to the rise of the right back home.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2021 12:31 PM

I agree. I hate to see any activity at all from the right wing. But it is a manifestation of our very flawed human nature and is never likely to go away. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2021 12:38 PM

Accents I love.-Spain, Italian, Louisiana, Coastal South Carolina, Croatian, Argentina, Nigerian

Accents I hate- Baltimore/Philly, Seattle( Yes there is a fucking accent get over it) , Southern California( Also get over it there’s a very strong accent) , French, Korean, Maine, Mexican

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2021 12:49 PM

The Osakan aka Kansaiben accent of Japan isn’t terribly sexy, but it is entertaining. Adds much-needed vibrancy, personality and animation to the usually stoical Japanese language, and even a bit of comedy.

Apparently, it’s a loose cognate of the Cockney and Yankee accents in English.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2021 12:52 PM

Has anyone watched Netflix's "The Defeated"?

I tried but I can't get past Taylor Kitsch's HORRENDOUS New Yoirk accent. It's like the worst from community theater.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2021 1:38 PM

I like a seven figures and above accent.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2021 1:50 PM

R64 - your English has improved a lot Melania.

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2021 2:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!