Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Houston Chronicle Calls for Ted Cruz to Resign

"U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz lied to Americans about widespread voter fraud that never existed," the Editorial Board writes. "He should resign and deliver Texans from the shame of calling him our senator."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2021 4:17 AM

Cruz and Hawley both.

Today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2021 3:57 AM

Ted is such a douche. He really needs to go. Yet he is so much of a narcissist that he won't. Pigty. (I typed "pity," but decided to leave this.)

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2021 3:58 AM

They didn't like him in 2018 either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2021 3:59 AM

This guy is so hideous to look at. There should be a blur over his pictures.

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2021 4:00 AM

He's getting uglier by the minute. I shudder to think what he'll look like at 70.🤢

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2021 4:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2021 4:06 AM

It's time for these trouble makers to leave congress. The American people need a break from all the chaos and harassment from sitting senators.

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2021 4:09 AM

garbage person

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2021 4:23 AM

He's gotten fat and he's still wearing showgirl makeup.

Kill it.

And don't forget his buddy tRump always called him "lying Ted" and claimed his father was involved in the JFK assassination.

These people aren't just jokes anymore. They've weaponized a small army of stupid people and need to be held up for that.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2021 6:21 AM

He is so evil looking like a 1920's gangster.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2021 6:22 AM

R10 Oh, my sides. He wishes!

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2021 6:54 AM

He’s hideous.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2021 7:00 AM

From the San Antonio Express-News:

[quote]Editorial: Impeachment for Trump; expulsion for enabler Cruz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2021 5:15 PM

Biden compares Cruz with Josef Goebbels in fiery speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2021 12:33 AM

He looks like one of those deep-fried Cuban potato balls now.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2021 12:35 AM

He's giving me Elvis "Sad Last Days" vibes so hard. I can't stop laughing when I look at him! He looks insane. Who does he think he's fooling trying to cover up that fat face of his? Certainly not his wife.

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2021 12:38 AM

I call for that evil fat fuck to be in jail, where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2021 1:21 AM

Groovy every guy senator Sherries Brown has called for both to resign but more importantly calls for expulsion if they don’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2021 1:34 AM

The hatred for Raphael Cruz seems to have full bipartisan support, yet he somehow keeps getting re-elected. C'mon Texas, you can do better than this.

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2021 1:37 AM

I’m of the firm belief that those fucking assholes stole both Beto’s election and this past one from MJ.

No one wants that asshole in TX.

He should be kicked out, the gimp would just replace him with another fucking repig anyway.

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2021 1:45 AM

R20 Nailed it! No one likes him. He's a laughing stock. How else to explain his victories?

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2021 2:36 AM

If any of you are needing to cleanse the palette with a Ted Cruz comedy break, I'm just gonna leave this right here for you. It's fifty shades of amazeballs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2021 2:39 AM

[quote]If any of you are needing to cleanse the palette

Oh, dear. Unless you're an artist.

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2021 3:16 AM

R23 Sometimes I have to clean off my palette when I paint. Just scrape it off and reset it. It's true.

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2021 3:23 AM

And then I might go cleanse my PALATE. Ok, R23. The jig is up. You got me. Guilty as charged.

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2021 3:25 AM

An utterly vile and disgusting pile of shit. Not even one redeeming quality.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2021 3:26 AM

This motherfucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2021 3:43 AM

Trump, Hawley, and Cruz are too arrogant, conceited and power-hungry to ever resign from anything. They will need to be forcibly removed. That should be clear by now...

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2021 3:48 AM

Ted Cruz should be assassinated. Just like what his daddy tried to do to JFK.

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2021 3:58 AM

R29 See, I know that you're making leetle joke there. But...it's too soon, in light of how those idiot rioters were storming the Capitol calling for Mike Pence to be lynched, shot, etc. I'm a Democrat, but no one deserves to be hunted down like an animal and killed.

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2021 5:03 AM

There is no Too Soon on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2021 5:29 AM

ted cruz hasn't apologized and doesn't regret anything he's done. As a matter of fact he doubled down on it by not voting against the certification of Biden

He was at the center of all of it

And when asked 2 days ago if he would take the same actions even in hindsight, the Texas Republican dug in. “Yes. Absolutely,” he told KXAS-TV (Ch. 5). “I would object and urge that we should follow the law and follow the Constitution.”

This is a man who either does not know right from wrong or more likely just doesn't care. His whole agenda from the day he decided to run for office was to destroy democracy as we know it. And if allowed, he will fight until his dying day to destroy our government and everything America stands for

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2021 6:41 AM

It's sad that this happened, but I'm so glad we can get rid of cruz, ron johnson, hawley and the rest of them

This is our only chance and the dems have to take it. They have to be expelled, so they can't run again (and lose their pensions). No one will want to hire them after that

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2021 6:44 AM

Him and Hawley need to be forced out. It's in the cards. Cruz is being asked to resign all over Texas

by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2021 6:48 AM

Teddy I’m ready

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2021 7:02 AM

He's not an American. Strip his citizenship and deport his fat, ugly ass to Cuba.

Maybe they'll sink his ship en route.

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2021 7:16 AM

Predictable from the Houston Chronicle. Solid democrat editorial line.

by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2021 7:22 AM

Laurence Tribe has a large and growing petition by lawyers and law students to have Cruz and Hawley disbarred. I wish there was enough support in the Senate to expel them.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2021 9:41 AM

Ted Cruz quitted his presidential campaign right after a rumour surfaced that his phone number is on the black book of a DC madam prostitue.

by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2021 10:29 AM

It's pretty bad when you make Cornyn look like Mr. Profiles in Courage

For all of his bravado, I'll bet Cruz has to be shitting bricks now that the truth is coming out that the coup attempt was not some random act of violence due to an angry mob & overwhelmed cops but an inside job. There is no way he ever gets the stink off. Who knows what TX will - they seem to be giving FL for their money in the most fucked up, dysfunctional state, but his national ambitions are DOA

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2021 11:27 AM

Love this description of him by Bret Stephens: a serpent coated in Vaseline.

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2021 1:23 PM

[quote] Ted Cruz quitted his presidential campaign

Oh, DEAR!!

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote] As a matter of fact he doubled down on it by not voting against the certification of Biden

Huh?

He objected to the certification.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2021 1:49 PM

But he's a Harvard man! Do they have a school for the mentally challenged?

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2021 3:13 PM

Leave my Teddy alone!

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2021 3:19 PM

Too bad people don’t vote only on looks. Beto would have won in a landslide. In fact, Democrats would win almost every election.

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote] But he's a Harvard man! Do they have a school for the mentally challenged?

Yes. It’s a short little building way off to the east side of campus.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2021 4:00 PM

Good for the Chronicle, my former employer. Click a link!

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2021 4:07 PM

Small consolation, sure, but for the rest of his stupid life, Cruz will need to worry every time he goes out in public that someone will heckle him, embarrass him, poison his Happy Meal, shout him down, tell him off, or worse. Couldn't happen to a more deserving melted-plastic-figurine-inaction-figure, I mean person.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2021 4:12 PM

Republicans are like herpes: they never go away.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2021 4:17 PM

When your own party hates you, you have to tread carefully.

George W. Bush: “I just don’t like the guy.”

Bob Dole: “I don’t know how he’s going to deal with Congress. Nobody likes him.”

John Boehner: “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

Lindsey Graham: “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”

Peter King: “I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination.”

Donald Trump: “He’s a nasty guy. Nobody likes him. Nobody in Congress likes him. Nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him.”

Marco Rubio: “Ted has had a tough week because what’s happening now is people are learning more about him.”

Rand Paul: “He is pretty much done for and stifled, and it’s really because of personal relationships, or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem.”

Chris Christie: “For him to somehow be implying that certain values are more appropriate, more American, depending upon what region of the country you’re from, is to me just asinine.”

Carly Fiorina (aka, Cruz’s hypothetical running mate, as of this week): “Ted Cruz is just like any other politician. … He says whatever he needs to say to get elected, and then he’s going to do as he pleases.”

Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer: “Everybody who knows him in the Senate hates him. And I think hate is not an exaggeration.”

Conservative columnist Ann Coulter: “Cruz is a sleazy, Rovian liar.”

Former Republican staffer John Feehery: “Cruz is an army of one, alienating anybody who is in his path. He advocates losing strategies purely to further his own career at the expense of the party.”

Princeton classmate Mikaela Beardsley: “There are not that many people in my life who I can think of who I didn’t actually have extensive interactions with who bring up such bad feelings.”

Another Princeton dormmate: “He was just sort of an odious figure lurking around.”

Princeton roommate Craig Mazin: “Ted Cruz is a nightmare of a human being. I have plenty of problems with his politics, but truthfully his personality is so awful that 99 percent of why I hate him is just his personality. If he agreed with me on every issue, I would hate him only one percent less.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2021 4:18 PM

Wow R51! I'm gonna go out of a limb here and say that not many people like him?

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]Wow [R51]! I'm gonna go out of a limb here and say that not many people like him?

Well, apparently more people liked him than they liked Beto.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2021 4:31 PM

R53 disliking Beto ≠ liking Ted.

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2021 4:43 PM

I mean his own DAUGHTER finds him repulsive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2021 4:44 PM

Who could forget this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2021 4:46 PM

R56 Now THAT is some funny shit right there. Children's behaviors don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2021 9:43 PM

Ted Cruz continues to be a trailblazer as he becomes the first Hispanic person to flee FROM Texas TO Mexico because of ICE

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2021 3:23 AM

Meaningless since the Chronicle had already been an open enemy of Cruz . Consequently this just becomes more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2021 3:38 AM

I wonder if he is considering lypo??

by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2021 3:50 AM

Let's make a deal with Repugs. Ted Cruz resigns, and so will AOC. Win win.

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2021 4:00 AM

He's not going to resign, and Texans will reelect him in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2021 4:02 AM

Ted Cruz looks like a Dick Tracy villain.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2021 4:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!