Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WSJ publishes Josh Hawley “Sad Last Days” article

Sad Last Days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2021 4:02 AM

WASHINGTON—In a secure room where stunned senators were hiding from an angry mob on Wednesday, Sen. Josh Hawley stood in a corner, mostly alone.

“It was extremely striking,” said a person who was in the room on that chaotic day. “For most of the time, he was in a corner of the room by himself with no one talking to him or acknowledging him.”

The Missouri Republican’s Senate colleagues were furious with him, according to GOP aides. Minutes before, pro-Trump rioters had overrun the U.S. Capitol, forcing senators to halt the ratification of Democrat Joe Biden’s presidential victory and flee their chamber in terror, some running, some while holding hands.

Mr. Hawley, an ambitious 41-year-old former Missouri attorney general, last week became the first senator to say he would object to the results of the 2020 presidential election, bucking GOP leaders and sending shock waves through his conference. By law, an objection requires the backing of at least one House member and one senator to trigger a debate and vote on whether to disqualify a state’s electoral results. Once Mr. Hawley had signed on, there was enormous pressure on other Republican senators to follow suit or risk being seen as betraying President Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2021 1:51 AM

Now he has become a pariah among Senate Republicans, many of whom blame him for what they see as his role instigating a riot that overwhelmed the Capitol and resulted in the deaths of five people, including a Capitol Police officer.

Mr. Hawley also is contending with fallout beyond the Capitol: The former Missouri senator who recruited him to run for Senate has denounced him, Simon & Schuster canceled publication of his upcoming book on big tech, the president of his Jesuit high school called on him to reflect and atone, and a multimillion-dollar donor has said the Senate should censure him. Some Democrats are demanding his resignation.

“There can be no normalizing or looking away from what played out before our eyes this week,” Sen. Patty Murray (D., Wash.) said in a statement Friday.

Mr. Hawley has condemned Wednesday’s violence, but says he has no plans to resign.

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2021 1:52 AM

“I will never apologize for giving voice to the millions of Missourians and Americans who have concerns about the integrity of our elections,” he said in a statement. “That’s my job, and I will keep doing it.”

Other Republicans are piling on. Mr. Hawley’s mentor, former GOP Sen. John Danforth, told Missouri newspapers after the riot that recruiting him to run for Senate in 2017 was the biggest mistake of his political career.

Even before Wednesday’s violent events, Mr. Danforth had publicly rebuked his protégé, and he told The Wall Street Journal he called Rep. Ann Wagner (R., Mo.) early this week to acknowledge that he had made the wrong decision in backing Mr. Hawley over her in 2017.

Christian Morgan, Ms. Wagner’s former chief of staff, said that while he doesn’t support Mr. Hawley’s actions, he thinks it is unfair that Mr. Hawley is getting blamed for the violence. “Agree or disagree with what he did, he’s a U.S. senator. He did not incite violence with a procedural motion,” Mr. Morgan said.

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2021 1:52 AM

“There are a lot of people in Missouri that honestly feel like the election was stolen and they see Sen. Hawley as standing up for them,” he added. “And anybody who thinks that Josh Hawley could be defeated in an election in Missouri tomorrow, they’re crazy.”

Mr. Hawley, a Yale Law graduate who clerked in the Supreme Court, was elected senator in 2018, when he defeated Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill. He ran as a political outsider, yoking himself to Mr. Trump in the belief that his party was undergoing a populist realignment and wouldn’t return to the status quo. He is seen as one of several GOP senators who have presidential ambitions.

Mr. Hawley launched his first run for political office in 2015 while teaching law at the University of Missouri. In a memorable television ad that aired during his successful campaign for Missouri attorney general, Mr. Hawley stood in front of men in suits scaling ladders and pledged to serve the people of Missouri, not his own political ambitions.

“Jefferson City is full of career politicians just trying to climb the ladder, using one office to get another,” Mr. Hawley said. “I think you deserve better.”

Less than a year after his election as attorney general, however, prominent Missouri Republicans and donors, led by Mr. Danforth, had persuaded him to run against Sen. McCaskill. Senate Republican leadership also considered him a prime recruit. He ran a campaign closely tied to President Trump, who visited the state to rally with Mr. Hawley multiple times, and won 51% to 46%.

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2021 1:53 AM

His boyfriend has got to be pissed. Im sure his wife is none too pleased either.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2021 1:53 AM

In the Senate Mr. Hawley has a reputation as a loner who doesn’t always play nice with others. He has few major legislative achievements, but has burnished his anti-establishment credentials by targeting big tech companies for regulation, opposing some Trump judicial nominees for not being conservative enough, and working with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) to push for $2,000 Covid relief checks.

A person involved in Republican Senate leadership efforts to recruit Mr. Hawley said on Friday that he has been a disappointment.

“At a personal level we did our due diligence,” the person said. “There were a lot of people we spoke to about him. They said he’s really smart, thoughtful, going to be a star. I had no idea that he would take such dramatic short-term risks that just are reckless. On its face, as a 41-year-old old U.S. senator, hitching your wagon to a 75-year-old outgoing president is not good politics. It’s just a bad move.”

Mr. Hawley’s willingness to defy Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) became apparent not long after he was sworn in, when he indicated he might oppose a Trump judicial nominee, Neomi Rao. Mr. McConnell summoned him to his office to explain the sanctity of judicial appointments to Senate Republicans. Mr. Hawley eventually lifted his opposition after meeting with Ms. Rao.

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2021 1:54 AM

CIATED PRESS In the secure room on Wednesday, a push soon got under way from GOP leadership to persuade the 13 Republican objectors in the Senate to drop any further objections to ratification, people briefed on the matter said. The hope was that this would allow Congress to move swiftly to complete the process once it could safely reconvene. Without any more senators signing on, the remaining House objectors would be unable to force two hours of debate and votes, bringing the tumultuous day to an end.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Tex.), who like Mr. Hawley had planned to challenge some electoral results, huddled with him and other Senate objectors to see if they could agree on a plan. Mr. Hawley ended up being the only senator to press forward. Although he didn’t insist on further Senate debate, his objection to Pennsylvania’s results enabled House debate to continue for a full two hours, delaying the ratification of Mr. Biden’s win until after 3 a.m. Thursday. In the end, six other Republican senators voted with Mr. Hawley to uphold his objection.

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2021 1:54 AM

The fact that Messrs. Hawley and Cruz had sent out fundraising appeals during and after the attack on the Capitol made other lawmakers even more mad.

For weeks, Mr. McConnell and other top Senate GOP leaders had warned colleagues privately not to join House members in their quest to overturn Mr. Biden’s 306-232 Electoral College win. They argued that forcing debates and votes would hurt senators up for re-election in 2022. Plus, the effort had no chance to succeed. Congress cannot disqualify any electoral votes without agreement from both chambers, and that was all but impossible given the fact that Democrats controlled the House.

Still, Mr. Hawley and some other Republicans saw no political downside to challenging the Electoral College results, which Mr. Trump falsely claimed were fraudulent. Many Trump voters believed the president, despite the Justice Department and other federal officials insisting there was no evidence. Angry constituents deluged senators with calls.

“Missourians have been loud and clear that they do not believe the presidential election was fair,” Mr. Hawley explained in an email to GOP senators last week. “Instead of following the media’s example and lecturing our constituents, I believe it is my responsibility as a Senator to raise their concerns in the forum allowed to members of Congress. That’s exactly what I intend to do.”

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2021 1:55 AM

He was already on McTurtle's bad side before the insurrection, so good luck to him getting on any meaningful committees or having co-sponsors (other than Cruz) for any legislation

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2021 1:56 AM

Now, however, it is clear that Mr. Hawley’s decision will cost him, at least financially.

Donors in Missouri and Kansas are asking Mr. Hawley’s campaign for their money back, said political action committee officials familiar with the discussions.

“Corporate and association PACs in downtown Kansas City have already declared and committed that they will not give any money to him, period—and it’s not this cycle, it’s forever,” one official said. “If this guy runs for dogcatcher, he’s not getting a contribution. He’s dead to them. Expunged from history. These are Republicans saying this.”

David Humphreys, president and CEO of Tamko Building Products, who has donated millions to Mr. Hawley, asked the Senate to censure him, calling his conduct “irresponsible, inflammatory, and dangerous” in a statement to the Missouri Independent.

Mr. Hawley’s defenders in Missouri pushed back Friday. “Josh Hawley is a guy who defeated the most talented Democratic politician of her generation and of many generations by seven points in a Democratic wave election,” said Gregg Keller, a longtime GOP operative in Missouri.

“Hawley has his finger on the pulse of the Missouri electorate much better than a lot of the people who are criticizing him now,” he said, “and I think they need to be realistic with themselves about that.”

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2021 1:56 AM

That photo of him with upraised clenched fist? I’m sure he squeed when he first saw it but it will be front and center of every opposition campaign ad in the future.

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2021 2:01 AM

All it took to take down Gary Hart years ago was an affair. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2021 2:05 AM

He can't win anything without funding from influential donors. If his donors abandon him he is done. If those donors threaten to withdraw support from OTHER Republican candidates unless he resigns, he is done. The one who holds the purse strings has the power.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2021 2:10 AM

He really could've been the future of the GOP but he blundered big-time by aligning with Drumpf.

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2021 2:11 AM

R13 They won’t leave him forever. I doubt he would lose in a primary. And, once it is him and a Democrat, he will win.

His presidential ambitions may be screwed now, but he will be in the senate for as long as he wants.

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2021 2:13 AM

Here is my question to any DL attorneys (if there are any): Do you think can he actually get a job at some white-shoe law firm in DC if he is made to resign?

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2021 2:15 AM

But he doesn't want to be in the senate anymore. that is why he blew it. He burned his local bridges because he thought that he would get the presidency for it. And I wouldn't be so sure he will even make it to the next primary.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2021 2:18 AM

As it states clearly in the article-Missouri would vote for him again if he ran tomorrow. AND THERE WE ARE.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2021 2:19 AM

There is something really dumb seeming about him. Like everything has been rehearsed and someone fed him his lines. I was shocked that he went to a good school until I realized his dad was in the banking cartels with easy access to the ivy leagues. That explains that mystery.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2021 2:19 AM

Josh has got to hope that r15 has millions to fund his future campaigns.

WSJ has Wall Street in it's name for good reason. When they run a hit piece spelling out everything wrong with you, it's going to be read by every potential millionaire donor.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2021 2:20 AM

Fact: It's not a good look for anyone to be associated with what happened on Wednesday. Corporations and donors will always consider it a cancer to their brand. He may be a senator. But that's as high as he is going.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2021 2:24 AM

stupid idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2021 2:29 AM

What do the poor meth addicts in Missouri see in this guy who wears $5,000 suits and went to Yale? I'm not seeing this guy as some deplorable savior. He is rich and would never let deplorables in his gated community.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2021 2:31 AM

R23, and he doesn't even live in MO, so it's laughable when these imbeciles go on about "elitists" when that's all they worship - including Trump.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2021 2:34 AM

It was Antifa dressed up to look like me on the house floor objecting. I will not take this attack from the far radical left! I will fight it!!

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2021 2:36 AM

[quote] WSJ has Wall Street in it's name for good reason. When they run a hit piece spelling out everything wrong with you, it's going to be read by every potential millionaire donor.

Exactly! To get $$$ you need influence. Henceforth, every door on Capitol Hill will be closed to Hawley. His Republican and Democratic colleagues will shun him. He will be without influence or power. Their donor millions would be wasted on someone without the power or influence to push a legislative agenda that favors them.

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2021 2:36 AM

The Cruz and Hawley contingent thought they were riding the Trump wave, even though they look down on both him and his supporters. Cruz refused to let non-Ivy law students on his law school group projects.

It looks like they miscalculated. I’m not sure that Cotton or Sasse will find a Republican coalition to win the nomination, but it’s not inconceivable. Hawley can never escape that picture and images of a smoldering Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2021 2:37 AM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2021 2:39 AM

There has been some reports that he is lazy. What is that about?

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2021 2:50 AM

People don't remember that game hot potato. Hawley got stuck with the potato.

Rudy set him up by the way. He put him up to this and Hawley fell for it.

I bet rudy would't take his calls now.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2021 2:51 AM

R29, he goes to the gym and shops during working hours. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2021 2:51 AM

...and meets with his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2021 2:54 AM

People are naive in thinking this guy's career is over. Republican politicians are angry with him because he put pressure on them to stand with Trump or disavow him, they have no integrity, they are just pretending to be outraged. His donors are pretending as well. These are Republicans, not people who suddenly love their country.

Hawley knows he has secured the radical right's support, now he can count on Fox and others to bring more moderate Republicans back with their short memories. Fox has four years to chip away at Kamala's race and gender, her every move will be propagandized.

We thought Trump could not survive the optics of his personality, it never mattered to Republican voters. Hawley's donors will be back and Republican politicians and voters will embrace him.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2021 2:58 AM

It matters not if the meth head MAGA rubes in their Ozark trailers would want to vote for Hawley (they will forget who he is once Trump is gone), the Missouri GOP donor class are done with him. These are the Walker-Bush big money people, and John Danforth is speaking on their behalf. Hawley's political career is over, not to mention EVERYONE in the Senate now hates him. Enjoy your next four years, Josh!

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2021 2:58 AM

Does he have “an” OnlyFans? I’ll throw him a sawbuck for hole pics

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2021 3:02 AM

I still want to rim him, slow, deep and non-stop.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2021 3:08 AM

I would have believed r33 about 6 months ago.

And clearly he did too.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2021 3:15 AM

Have you people never heard of McCarthy? It seems Josh hasn't either.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2021 3:17 AM

R33 = Mrs. Josh Hawley

Girl, take it from your friends at Datalounge. He is done AND he takes cock up the ass. Get a good divorce lawyer...pronto!

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2021 4:35 AM

Being a freshman Repug Senator and starting your new political career by pissing off Moscow Mitch at every turn will earn you a pink slip and plenty of very embarrassing scandals designed to air your dirty laundry in record time. R15 and R33 are incorrect. If you think for a split second that Hawley's "big money" backers (that don't abandon him after this mess) can come close competing against the BIGGEST MONEY, vile of the vilest, most powerful GOP donors in the world that fellow closet-case Mitch represents - you are sadly mistaken. Every Rethug knows that pissing off McConnell more than once (slow-bus, priss-pot, high-queen Joshy does it practically daily) will destroy any and all political careers before they get started. Wait for scandals to start dropping soon and another GOP "star" to primary him into the dirt his next election cycle. Moscow Mitch has little patience for fools who do not fear and obey him.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2021 1:52 PM

I'm getting tired of these young Republican Congressmen pulling all of these stunts for attention. You can add Matt Gaetz to the list, who should also be censured for promoting that article that said the rioters were Antifa.

Stunt queens. And no AOC isn't a stunt queen - she's provocative, but she has pulled no stunts.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2021 1:56 PM

Young Republicans like Hawley tend to be the most extreme because so few well educated people of his generation identity as Republicans. They only attract the psychopaths which is why Hawley behaves the way he does.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote]flee their chamber in terror, some running, some while holding hands.

ah was not runnin', you silly thing, ah was skippin'!

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2021 2:10 PM

We need to use this momentum to label him as terrorist and teach them a lesson. Wait too long, people are gonna be lenient. I am phoning, emailing, and faxing Collin Allred and Cornyn to deal with this. He IS the weakest of the pack, Get him! Before he gets us!

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote] Stunt queens.

That's it!! That should be his new DL moniker - "that Missouri stunt queen"

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2021 5:25 PM

He had a hot ass. But he couldn’t live forever.

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2021 8:40 PM

His goal is to become president, quickly. This stunt was to get national name recognition.

Sadly for him, it went horribly wrong

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2021 8:45 PM

He looks like Rick Santorum.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2021 8:58 PM

Does he go to Olive Garden?

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2021 9:10 PM

He is a Sociopath and a Fascist. He needs to be removed from office, along with that creepy ass cruz.

WHY, why Texas did you not go with Beto? What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2021 9:11 PM

Close up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2021 9:13 PM

A question:

he was the loser that took Claire's seat right? Claire lost because she was not progressive enough? I am going to look this up, double check.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2021 9:15 PM

Yep, this Fascist loser took claire's seat. Claire lost because the progressive base did not like her. If this fucking Fascist is remove from office, a dem could win here, especially given the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2021 9:19 PM

Yep, this Fascist loser took claire's seat. Claire lost because the progressive base did not like her. If this fucking Fascist is remove from office, a dem could win here, especially given the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2021 9:19 PM

Who is Josh Hawley? Get me Josh Hawley. Get me a new Josh Hawley. Who was Josh Hawley?

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2021 9:23 PM

[quote] All it took to take down Gary Hart years ago was an affair. What a shame.

Well, not quite, but I get your point.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote] WSJ has Wall Street in it's name for good reason.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2021 9:42 PM

“Sadly for him, it went horribly wrong”

Did it though? I’m sure he’d get the lion’s share of that 70 million who voted for Trump if he ran for office. All it will take are some headwinds via primaries and the rest of the party would lube their holes, bend over and beg to be fucked raw by this twat.

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2021 9:43 PM

Who is the Josh fanboy on these threads? Buzz off back to freepville.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2021 9:46 PM

Girl has a bright future ahead of her as Cockgobbler's competition. Time to open that OnlyFans account, Joshie...

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote]Did it though? I’m sure he’d get the lion’s share of that 70 million who voted for Trump if he ran for office. All it will take are some headwinds via primaries and the rest of the party would lube their holes, bend over and beg to be fucked raw by this twat.

Yeah, except Trump has some kind of fucked up charisma that has all of these white trash freaks enthralled while Josh here is just some boring nerdy lawyer type. He tries to do the Trump thing but it just doesn't work and won't create the kind of cult of personality built around Trump.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2021 12:32 AM

I would love know his sniveling state right now

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2021 4:19 AM

I think it’s hilarious that anyone thinks Hawley or Cruz are going to inherit MAGA.

The Trumps do not give away assets, and at the moment they have 70 million brainwashed fans. If Trump sees Hawley or Cruz getting too popular, I guarantee you the will get the same treatment as Low Energy Jeb or Little Marco.

Even if Trump is barred from running next time, he will do his best to make Ivanka or Don Jr run. Even if they lose, it will keep the family at the center of the MAGA cult.

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2021 4:38 AM

[quote] Does he go to Olive Garden?

If he does it would at least show that he has good taste.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2021 4:50 PM

I am a coastal elite, a progressive and my net worth places me in the Top 5% of Americans -- and I LOVE Olive Garden. I thought EVERYONE loved Olive Garden!!! When did Olive Garden become the restaurant of the Deplorable??!!!!

F*ck Anderson Cooper!

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2021 6:06 PM

The day it opened...

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2021 6:27 PM

Isn't there an ex - marine in MO Jason Kander I think who could take him on?

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2021 6:43 PM

Other members of Congress hate Ted Cruz for being spineless, for example Trump calls his wife ugly and he still kisses his ass. He is entirely insincere.

Hawley is likely very similar.

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2021 6:58 PM

Poof! And just like that, his political career went up in flames.

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2021 6:58 PM

Any word from the little Nazi on the socials?

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2021 7:00 PM

R70, nothing on Twitter since complaining about the book cancellation. He seems to be of the belief that if he lays low, this will all blow over and go away. 😂

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2021 7:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2021 7:43 PM

Despite Senate, donor and corporate backlash, something tells me he and Cruz are just dumb enough to double down on the Deplorables. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote] I am a coastal elite, a progressive and my net worth places me in the Top 5% of Americans -- and I LOVE Olive Garden.

Are you married?

Heyyy, how YOU doin’, Boo?

by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2021 7:51 PM

HeeHaw Stunt Queen, I dub thee!

Ya fucking jackass.

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote] WHY, why Texas did you not go with Beto? What the fuck is wrong with you?

We did, it's the Yankee and California trash who voted for Cruz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2021 8:05 PM

Fucking carpetbaggers!!!

No way, no how are any true Texans voting for repig scum.

I thought the Cali people coming over were mostly liberals? They work for fucking Apple and other huge companies. HP is another?

Amazon is come to El Paso for fucks sake. We ain’t no traitorous reds. 😡

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2021 8:59 PM

R76, because native Texans themselves never voted in horrible Republican politicians before the state started attracting transplants?

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2021 9:02 PM

I think it's too early to write his obituary; with Schumer as the senate leader, no doubt the repig mouth breathers will be in a rage stoked by people like Josh and Cruz, so I think he'll remain senator, but his national ambitions are likely dead for now.

That said, if investigations reveal that he had some knowledge of the attacks, some coordination with Dump/rioters, provided some sort of inside coordination, well, he may be a dead man walking...there will no coming back from that with donors because they won't want their names associated with that mess

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2021 9:16 PM

Good! Hawley is a conniving, anti-American traitor and must be ejected from the Senate and shunned for his contempt for our country.

I'd also like him to be mauled by a pack of wild dogs, but let's get him out of the Senate first.

by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2021 9:22 PM

I amazes me that there are some here who find this dismal streak of stale weasel piss attractive.

by Anonymousreply 81January 10, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] [R76], because native Texans themselves never voted in horrible Republican politicians before the state started attracting transplants?

I was answering the guy who asked why we didn't vote for Beto-- we did. It's the transplants who preferred Cruz to one of our own.

by Anonymousreply 82January 10, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote] I amazes me that there are some here who find this dismal streak of stale weasel piss attractive.

To be fair, he is white.

by Anonymousreply 83January 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Any word from Joshie today? Is he still hiding?

by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2021 6:14 AM

Lolll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2021 7:48 PM

Hallmark. When you care enough to send the very best. And then ask for it back.

by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2021 7:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2021 8:10 PM

He's lucky that he and his wife apparently come from money. Otherwise, at this rate, he would end up destitute with three small kids.

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2021 8:10 PM

R88 and what would be wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 89January 11, 2021 8:28 PM

R89, nothing at all. Hawley is a classic example of a smug little rich boy who had everything handed to him from birth by his parents.

Maybe it's petty, but I would love to see him in a tiny, cramped apartment with a crying baby, before going off to work at some Amazon fulfillment warehouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 11, 2021 8:48 PM

His father was a banker, he went to private schools, Stanford and Yale, and clerked for Chief Justice Roberts and he has the gall to rail against "elites"

What the fuck are you, Josh?

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2021 9:51 PM

He will have to resign or face impeachment his political career is over.

by Anonymousreply 92January 11, 2021 10:22 PM

What is the little prick up to today?

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2021 3:53 AM

He mentioned something about standing up to mobs and not allowing for them interfere with his lies. Not sure if he meant it was Antifa coming to stop them and not Trumpers stopping the count.

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2021 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!