Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tonsil Stones!

I know they’re gross. I have not had one in over 10 years. The other day one popped into my mouth and on the back of my tongue. Why would they come back? Does anyone else here get them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2021 3:12 AM

I've heard of these but never had them before. From the article it sounds like the copious amounts of water I drink, plus regularly brushing and using mouthwash helps a lot.

Did it hurt, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 11:28 PM

Ummmm they form continuously OP. You just need to clean your fingers and start massaging your tonsils and they’ll start popping out. You’ve probably got a load of them in there because you don’t regularly check for them.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 11:31 PM

Good lord OP, that mental vision of your experience just made me GAG

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 11:31 PM

Is your breath terrible, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 11:32 PM

If my breath stunk my partner would’ve told me so. I brush, floss and water pic twice a day. I used to get these as a kid and thought they were a byproduct of eating wheat bread! I had no clue what they were. I hate them they are nasty. And if you get them don’t ever chew them they stink!

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 11:36 PM

I never missed a day of brushing and using Listerine -and I still got them. Truly horrible experience. I finally had to have my tonsils out -that put an end to them.

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 11:37 PM

I only get them when I'm getting sick. OP, have you been feeling ill lately?

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 11:38 PM

Yes I have had them and now have to battle them like crazy, I brush, floss, mouthwash, gargle with peroxide and still I get a buildup of white 'crud' in my tonsil so now I blast with a water pick every night. My tonsils are never sore and I touch wood never get tonsillitis or colds so no need to have them removed but tonsil stones are a bitch to keep away,

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 11:39 PM

R5 YES! I thought it was undigested white bread when I was a teenager. One would fall in my mouth from time to time and that's the only white soft food I ate so it seemed logical. Then in my 20s I got a massive one that took me 2 days of poking with q tips and a tweezer to get out and..the taste and smell - the devil's ball sack after a 20 mile run. Horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 11:41 PM

Thank you OP..

This is why I love DL. Where else can I read about the 25th Amendment and tonsil stones in the same sitting?

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 11:43 PM

OP = Ted Cruz

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 11:44 PM

Some of us are trying to eat dinner here. You should’ve waited until after midnight to start this thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 11:46 PM

OP it’s ok to post about this-we need to know whom to burn at the stake.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 11:49 PM

They are formed by very small amounts of undigested food that get caught in the folds of your tonsils.

I have read that high sugar/carb diets can cause them to form faster.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 11:52 PM

It's really oral gonorrhea, you know that don't you? And there is drug resistant clap going around, you in danger

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 11:58 PM

I had a tonsillectomy in my early 30’s after years of getting strep 3 or 4 times a year. The health benefit was great but I was much more relieved that it was also the end of tonsil stones. Even when not swollen, my tonsils were huge (large enough that dentists and hygeinists regularly commented on their size) . So it was impossible to dig those things out of every deep fold where they were hiding.

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote]OP: Why would they come back?

Once a pie-hole-booger-maker, always a pie-hole-booger-maker.

Think of them as pig pearls.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2021 12:07 AM

Use Therabreath Fresh Breath Oral Rinse

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2021 12:10 AM

I get a stone maybe once per year and it smells horrible. I associate it with not drinking enough water.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2021 12:12 AM

[quote] Some of us are trying to eat dinner here. You should’ve waited until after midnight to start this thread, OP.

Just like it is always 5 o'clock somewhere, it is always dinner time somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2021 12:13 AM

Don't you get them from sucking too much dick, or is it not sucking enough dick, I always get that mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2021 12:14 AM

Had horrible tonsiliths in my 30s and 40s. Then I moved and the pollen I was exposed to changed and I never got them again. Which is roundabout way of saying that allergies may have contributed to their formation. The only other thing that helped was a Neti pot, and slushing out my sinuses with some regularity.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote]Don't you get them from sucking too much dick, or is it not sucking enough dick

Could be, I've never had one.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2021 12:19 AM

Huh, I've never heard of these. But once in a while, I'll wake up with something at the very back of my throat which I have to swallow. I'm now hoping that they were one of these and not some gross bug, like I've been thinking up 'til now.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2021 12:24 AM

I used to get these periodically, always wondered what they were. Like R9 i thought hey were bits of undigested bread too. Have had one in a quite a while since I started swimming regularly. Maybe the chlorinated water getting in my mouth is dealing to them?

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2021 12:28 AM

Can you eat them?

I mean someone else’s?

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2021 12:44 AM

I had them for a while. Dr had good advice—gargle with warm saltwater everyone you eat. Removes the stones and keeps areas cleaned out. The areas where they form will eventually close up.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2021 12:45 AM

...gargle w salt water after you eat

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2021 12:45 AM

Whatever you do do not look at Google images for tonsil stones!

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2021 1:38 AM

You can try poking at your tonsils with a hard, squirting dick if you don’t have a water pik.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2021 1:48 AM

We were three people having a meeting in my office, at the table. I was reading something when, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw something fall from the mouth area of the guy, whose document we were reviewing, was talking us through it. He was a lateral level position to me, and our boss was there, too. I didn't say anything, but noticed he reached for a tissue.

A few minutes later, a foul fetor permeated my office.. I shifted in my seat, so as to raise my hand to my face in an attempt discreetly to cover my nose. The boss lady whispered something to Bob* and he rose and left. With Bob out of earshot, she asked me if I had any air freshener. I did not. So we opened the windows and door. Boss confided in me that Bob has tonsil stones and when one runs loose, they smell bad.

Bob returned after a few minutes. Not a word about this was uttered. But I never sat so close to Bob again.

*Bob is not his real name.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2021 1:51 AM

Ewwwwww R31! That’s a true story?

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2021 2:57 AM

I coughed up a HUGE one at the gym on the treadmill. It flew out of my mouth and stuck to the treadmill dashboard. It was the size of a big garbanzo bean. I also discreetly coughed one up on a date. Somehow managed to get it into a napkin then faked that I needed the restroom so I could flush it before the smell permeated.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2021 3:33 AM

bleh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2021 3:41 AM

I think that is Photoshop R34. There’s no way that is real!

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2021 4:23 AM

R35 it is photoshopped. If you’ll notice several of them are an exact duplicate of the ones above/below

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2021 4:28 AM

R33 Garbanzo bean size?!

There’s no way that people couldn’t smell your breath 6 ft away with your mouth closed.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2021 5:13 AM

So if you’re sucking on a dick and you’ve got these things, do they gnaw on the dick head?

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2021 5:29 AM

I’m glad that blue arrow is there at r34 otherwise I’d never recognize them in the photo!

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2021 5:38 AM

WARNING! Some people may find this video disturbing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2021 6:49 AM

^^^Thank god for the soothing music in that video.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2021 7:50 AM

I get a little one maybe once every 2 months that I thought didn't smell. I just checked and sure enough I had one. Got it out and smelled it because, you know, I had to. Sweet fancy Moses it was disgusting! I can't imagine what a big one would stink like.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2021 8:20 PM

I get them too, and have for years and years. They are indeed gross, but I'll be damned if I'm getting my tonsils removed over them. I think it's mostly phlegm that calcifies after reacting with the enzymes in your mouth. I also tend to get them more when I have allergies or anything going on with my sinuses. Occasionally I will use a waterpik with a water/Listerine mixture and try to flush my tonsils with them. It seems to keep them at bay.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2021 8:27 PM

Glad I had my tonsils removed when I was 3.

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2021 8:28 PM

Good lord in heaven. These are like blackheads popped from giant open pores. Deep in the cake hole. I’m done for the day. Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2021 9:52 PM

They seem hard to get out because you tend to want to just knock them off the tonsil, when actually they are in a little tonsil cave. Use a throw away skewer to push the part of the tonsil next to the stone and it will pop out. Yup, it's gross

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2021 10:14 PM

Yuk 🤮

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2021 10:18 PM

Tonsil stones are a natural lubricant, like smegma.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2021 10:22 PM

Tonsil cave r46? Full of cave blocking tonsil boulders?

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2021 10:27 PM

Dr. Pimple Popper might have a new subject to deal with!

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2021 10:35 PM

The human body is so gross. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2021 10:43 PM

I thought they came out of the little crater on the back of the roof of my mouth. I thought they were a little piece in a corn kernel. It didn’t occur to me that I hadn’t eaten corn for a while.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2021 11:51 PM

Tonsillectomy at age 6 so ... yeah, I'm great.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2021 11:53 PM

Tonsillectomy at age 6 in '61 so ... yeah, I'm great.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2021 11:55 PM

Why the hell were there so many tonsillectomies back in the day? Didn't one of the Brady Bunch kids get their tonsils removed?

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2021 11:56 PM

You get it because of poor hygiene. In other words, you are gross if you have any.

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2021 12:03 AM

My tonsils were removed when I was 4. It was common to have tonsillectomies/adenoidectomies done back in the 60-70’s, especially when a kid had recurring colds. Medicine did not consider them to be important at the time. They swelled and constricted the ability to swallow. Now, of course, medicine recognizes that they are important filters.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2021 12:09 AM

What a great name for a band!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Can you collect and smoke them!?!?

by Anonymousreply 59January 10, 2021 12:30 AM

Can you collect and smoke them!?!?

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2021 12:30 AM

After repeated Streep infections had my swollen chronically infected tonsils cut out at the age of 21. Was done under a local I had just seen the film Coma and did not want to be put under general anesthesia. They strapped me upright in a chair. Injected morphine with a 6 inch inch hypodermic needle into each tonsil. The doctor then took a laser scalpel and like a arch welder burn cut the tonsils out. I was fully conscious I could smell my burning flesh. Luckily the laser cauterized the cuts so I only coughed up a little blood into the doctors glasses. He tossed the silver dollar sized bloody tonsils in a bag on to my chest..I was sent home and told to take Tylenol and chew ice. After three days in agony I went back to see the doctor. I was not only having trouble swallowing but breathing. I remember his look of horror when he looked in my mouth. Apparently I had serve acid reflux which was drenching the open wounds with acid as I sleept. They gave me oxycontin. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2021 12:38 AM

After repeated Streep infections had my swollen chronically infected tonsils cut out at the age of 21. Was done under a local I had just seen the film Coma and did not want to be put under general anesthesia. They strapped me upright in a chair. Injected morphine with a 6 inch inch hypodermic needle into each tonsil. The doctor then took a laser scalpel and like a arch welder burn cut the tonsils out. I was fully conscious I could smell my burning flesh. Luckily the laser cauterized the cuts so I only coughed up a little blood into the doctors glasses. He tossed the silver dollar sized bloody tonsils in a bag on to my chest..I was sent home and told to take Tylenol and chew ice. After three days in agony I went back to see the doctor. I was not only having trouble swallowing but breathing. I remember his look of horror when he looked in my mouth. Apparently I had serve acid reflux which was drenching the open wounds with acid as I sleept. They gave me oxycontin. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2021 12:40 AM

Streep infections, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2021 12:48 AM

Streep infections, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2021 12:49 AM

Biggest boner killer thread ... EVER. Nasty, nasty WHORES!!!

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2021 12:51 AM

Biggest boner killer thread ... EVER. Nasty, nasty WHORES!!!

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2021 12:51 AM

Eeeeew R62! What happened? Did you finally heal properly? Do you have any problems with them now?

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2021 2:24 AM

I think we've about covered all there is on this topic. Can we speak now about the scourge of finger teeth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2021 9:22 PM

I’ve been blasting water from my water pik at my tonsils for days now and have not encountered another stone. Maybe it was just the one?

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2021 10:17 PM

Don’t have them much anymore. But I did notice them when I was in an office and taking a lot. All of the sudden I would feel one come out and land in my mouth. I could also feel the air on the evacuated crater. That part was a relief.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2021 11:06 PM

Can’t come into work today, I have a Streep infection!

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2021 3:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!