Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I present Grand Duke Michael

Brother of Czar Nicholas II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 10:43 PM

Gore Juss

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 6:45 PM

Was he homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 6:46 PM

so is that a colorized B&W, obviously?

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 6:47 PM

He looks like Swedish actor Joel Kinnaman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 6:53 PM

Very handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 6:55 PM

He's DataLounge's second favorite Russian noble, after Prince Felix Youssoupoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 7:00 PM

R2, No. He contracted a morganatic and illicit marriage (she was a divorcee with whom he carried on an affair while she was still married), earning him a life in exile. The outbreak of World War One prompted his brother to lift the ban on him, and he returned to Russia. He was murdered along with his valet outside Perm around the time his brother and his brother's family were murdered.

His wife Natalia Brasova ​survived the Revolution. She died in genteel poverty in the early 1950s. Their son was killed in an auto accident, when he was 21.

One gay Romanov was the Grand Duke Serge, uncle of Nicholas and Michael. He was also married to Elizabeth, Alexandra's sister. Serge had a penchant for Guardsman (Those tight elk-skin breeches, no doubt, excited him). The marriage was childless, and the rumor was that he was abusive to his wife. He was killed in an assassination bombing during the 1905 Revolution.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 7:17 PM

Was Grand Duke Michael next in the line of succession, after the doomed Alexei? He had to have been, he was Nicholas's only brother to survive into the 20th century.

That's one thing I never understood about the Romanovs, they clung to the idea of making poor, sick, undoubtedly infertile Alexei the next Tsar, and totally failed to bring the next round of heirs into the political life and social attention of the nation. That was something Nicholas could have and should have done, without telling anyone why, of course! But he should have integrated his brother or cousins who were next in line into his court and made sure the ruling classes knew who was next after Alexei. Instead, his policy was Alexei or nothing, and look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 7:34 PM

I hear he enjoyed sitting on poles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 7:53 PM

I guarantee he was hung.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 8:03 PM

Call me when you present his hole, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 8:11 PM

I simply adore his mayonnaise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 8:14 PM

He had a hot ass, but couldn't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 8:46 PM

R6 I'm more partial to Prince Alexander Konstantinovich Gorchakov (1904).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 10:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!