Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Redneck piece of shit who broke into Nancy Pelosi's office ARRESTED

DL won't let us link to CNN but it's on the front page.

(CNN)The man photographed sitting at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk during Wednesday's riots in the US Capitol has been arrested and charged with three federal counts, including theft of public property, federal officials said Friday.

Federal officials said Richard Barnett of Arkansas was taken into custody Friday morning in Little Rock. Barnett was charged with knowingly entering and remaining in restricted building grounds without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds as well as the theft of public property, officials said. A resident of Alabama was also charged in connection with the pipe bomb found on the south side of the Capitol building. Eleven Molotov cocktails and military-style weapon found in his pickup truck, officials said.

"Just because you've left the DC region you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of the criminal activity at the Capitol," said Steven D'Antuono, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office. "The FBI is not sparing any resources in this investigation," he said. It was not immediately clear whether Barnett has an attorney.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2021 9:26 PM

NBC News....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 6:08 PM

Give him a choice of being arrested or having his nuts tazed.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 6:23 PM

He likes sitting in chairs? How about the electric chair!

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 6:24 PM

This is going to be glorious watching all these fuckheads get what’s coming to them.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 6:26 PM

Wonder if these pieces of shit think the TV segments showing their arrests are "fake news," too? I'm guessing they won't be sent to "fake prison"! (or fired from their "fake jobs")!

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 6:27 PM

Why was he not charged with sedition?

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 6:28 PM

Federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 6:28 PM

R7 That's right and I hope his inmates are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 6:36 PM

The pardon is already in the works.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 6:38 PM

Good. Arrest every single one of these insurrectionists. And let's see how much that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile loves them then!

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 6:40 PM

The cunt I would really have smashed into the marble floor is the bearded tramp with the Auschwitz Camp t-shirt

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 6:41 PM

They thought they were untouchable. It will be great to see all of these assholes get what they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 6:45 PM

I hope they get this smarm-faced little shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 6:46 PM

He’s not worried. He believes his President will save him. Sending his love all the way to federal prison xo

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 6:52 PM

R6, that is a GREAT question. My guess is that a) prosecutors are deciding the best legal strategy, b) prosecutors are still collecting evidence, and c) they can add on as many charges as they want to.....these were just the easy charges that are no-brainers and for which they feel 100% if conviction. Sedition as a charge is going to require a LOT of evidence and preparation. My hope is that it is coming later.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 6:52 PM

He got hit with three Federal charges. Have fun in prison asshole! You can complain all you want about "muh freedoms."

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2021 6:54 PM

I left a quarter for the envelope.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2021 6:54 PM

Video of this vile piece of shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2021 6:55 PM

Ted Cruz and other Republicans have gone out of their way to refer to the people who broke into the Capitol as terrorists. It’ll be interesting to see if Trump will try to pardon this asshole....thus ending his term as a terrorist sympathizer.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2021 6:58 PM

Even if Trump pardoned him I’m sure he could be charged at the state level with possession of stolen property or similar. I’m also not so sure Trump is going to be as free with his pardons as he might have been a few days ago.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2021 7:00 PM

r19/r20 Can't TPTB delay any legal proceedings until Biden is inaugurated, thereby obviating the chance for Trump to pardon him?

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2021 7:03 PM

I hope you’re right, R20.

Regardless, it’s a good things these idiots committed all their crimes on federal property. Even the people who thought it was funny to piss in the Capitol have now committed federal crimes.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2021 7:03 PM

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2021 7:04 PM

Why isn’t Trump pardoning everyone already? You’d think he would’ve already? Is there a point to waiting til the very end? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2021 7:06 PM

I guess it didn't occur to them that their piss and shit contains their DNA, making it much easier to track them down.

It kills me to see them all so relaxed and jovial, showing their faces and posting selfies and livestreaming their criminal acts. Gee, it's almost as though they'd been assured they would never be prosecuted...but who would ever do such a thing?

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2021 7:07 PM

I still don't understand why they were allowed to freely leave the premises. They should have been arrested at the very moment it happened.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2021 7:09 PM

These dumb asses don't think things through to a logical conclusion. I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I'm 100% sure Nancy Pelosi will keep an eye on his case. I predict tears (as in crying in regret) on his part. I am predicting that there's a GoFundMe for more dumb asses to contribute for bail, etc.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2021 7:11 PM

I wonder if Trump will be named as an unindicted co-conspirator.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2021 7:24 PM

Nah. Just indict him.

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2021 7:27 PM

It's K to pal around with terrorists if they're YOU'RE brand of terrorists!

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote] Why isn’t Trump pardoning everyone already?

You mean the deplorable rioters?

He doesn’t give a shit about them.

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2021 7:31 PM

Apparently his parents forgot to add the “T” to the end of Bigo’s moniker.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2021 7:37 PM

I hope when he gets to his cell he discovers a note which reads...

"Bigo,

Nancy was here.

You bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2021 7:38 PM

"PS...here's your quarter back. Call someone who cares."

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2021 7:39 PM

Is it a federal crime?

Will he do federal time?

Is Mighty Joe Biden tough on crime?

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote]It kills me to see them all so relaxed and jovial, showing their faces and posting selfies and livestreaming their criminal acts. Gee, it's almost as though they'd been assured they would never be prosecuted...but who would ever do such a thing?

It's the same banally evil entitlement seen in the photos of jolly off-duty Nazis and rednecks jovially milling about at lynchings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2021 7:55 PM

Why do Presidents have the right to pardon?

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2021 8:08 PM

I hope the fucker spends the rest of his days in prison.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2021 8:08 PM

Can they wait 18 days before they arrest these turds so no pardon can come.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2021 8:17 PM

If you want to read the CNN article, link available in their tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2021 8:22 PM

I hope they Lysol-ed the shit out of the offices and the entire building.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote] Even if Trump pardoned him I’m sure he could be charged at the state level with possession of stolen property or similar. I’m also not so sure Trump is going to be as free with his pardons as he might have been a few days ago.

You're talking Arkansas here, they are more likely to give him a medal than charge him with a crime.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]I still don't understand why they were allowed to freely leave the premises. They should have been arrested at the very moment it happened.

Well, you know, white.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2021 8:47 PM

They just said on the local news here in NYC that one of the thugs has been identified as an MTA worker from here. MTA said he called out sick on the day of the attack. They contacted the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2021 8:50 PM

How many domestic violence arrests does he have?

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2021 8:50 PM

Isn't this that creep photographed with his two daughters and one has a sign saying "not for sale?"

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2021 8:54 PM

None of them wearing masks, making them easier to identify. What fools.

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote]Why isn’t Trump pardoning everyone already?

Like when he told his mobs to act violently and assured them "I'll pay your legal fees"? If these rubes want to keep believing his lies to their own detriment, let them.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2021 8:58 PM

R47 one of them was wearing their work ID. These people have the brain power of a drooling labotomised amoeba.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2021 8:58 PM

Mugshot. I hope they throw the book at him, the stupid motherfucker.

BTW that is a ROUGH 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2021 9:01 PM

[quote] Why isn’t Trump pardoning everyone already?

Trump doesn't give a shit about anybody other than himself. Maybe (and even that's a stretch) -- Ivanka. Not even his own sons. Certainly not his supporters. He left them out in the freezing cold after his rallies. It's always been all about him.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote]Isn't this that creep photographed with his two daughters and one has a sign saying "not for sale?"

Maybe it was her day off.

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2021 9:02 PM

Trump will NOT pardon these rubes.

Whatever or whoever freaked him yesterday into filming that message, I'm sure made it clear that pardoning these insurrectionists would be going too far.

These morons mean nothing to Trump. He couldn't care less if they lived or died at this point.

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2021 9:03 PM

Did he get to visit Miss Lady Belle again 💋🐞?

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2021 9:04 PM

I would like to see them make collectible trading cards of all the riotous seditionists that double as wanted posters. There would be a place to write in there real name and date of arrest. But there would be colorful nicknames and descriptions of them and people would gather and trade trying to get them all.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2021 9:24 PM

He’ll feel the pain after they seize his firearms. Those far right whack jobs are addicted to guns. He’ll go through an intense withdrawal.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2021 9:30 PM

If they're convicted they won't ever be able to own firearms again. Serves them right. They deserve that.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]Richard Barnett, the Capitol Vandal from Gravette

Sounds like a old timey ballad.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2021 10:01 PM

Mugshots live forever. I want civil suits filed against him and others to pay for the damage done to the capitol building. Trump can't pardon civil suits and the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for that damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2021 10:18 PM

The fucker doesn't look so damn smug in his mug shot.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2021 10:19 PM

^^Looks like somebody was crying. Boo-hoo...

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2021 10:21 PM

He shaved for his mug shot

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2021 10:25 PM

Arrest them all fuckers - poor cop is dead others severe injuries due to them. 10 years mandatory.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2021 11:55 PM

I think he shaved b/c he thought nobody would recognize him

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2021 12:05 AM

He looks 75 if he's a day. Not 60.

All that moonshine, tobacky, paranoia and hatred sure does a number on your looks.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2021 1:44 AM

What an odd head.

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2021 2:15 AM

His mother and father were most likely blood relatives.

by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2021 2:24 AM

Forced out of his mother’s birth canal with heavy forceps

by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2021 2:32 AM

I'm concerned!

by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2021 2:38 AM

This fool was arrested too BAHAHA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2021 2:22 PM

Another video of this "Bigo" nut, holding his precious gun. First video as you scroll down. He's a dangerous lunatic and needs to be removed from society.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2021 7:22 PM

What a arrogant smirk. He needs to bitch slapped. Viciously.

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2021 7:48 PM

What a arrogant smirk. He needs to bitch slapped. Viciously.

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2021 7:49 PM

Sorry. I do not understand why it is double posting. I am only posting one time.

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2021 7:51 PM

Ooooh Richard, you in trouble gurl!

by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2021 11:44 PM

Oooh Richard, you in trouble gurl!

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2021 11:46 PM

They all fucked up their lives for a ConMan.

by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2021 11:49 PM

Oooh Richard, you in trouble gurl!

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2021 11:50 PM

How about if all these cultists just picked a day soon to drink cyanide Koolaid en masse and rid us of them? Hey, Trumpies, look, there's a comet coming for you! Better hop aboard quick!

by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2021 11:51 PM

Hold it. I missed something. Why can't we link to CNN?

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2021 11:54 PM

He got bail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 16, 2021 1:16 AM

Life comes at you fast...

A federal judge revoked his bail and ordered him to be transferred to DC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2021 5:01 AM

[quote] Prosecutors in Washington immediately filed an emergency appeal and, after 10 p.m. Friday, Chief U.S. District Court Judge Beryl Howell blocked Barrett's release. She also granted prosecutors' request that Barrett be moved from an Arkansas jail to Washington for a new bail hearing next week.

Do not fuck with Chief Judge Beryl Howell. She doesn’t take shit from anyone, and doesn’t suffer fools gladly. If she has this case, she is not going tolerate any nonsense from this POS or his lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 83January 16, 2021 5:10 AM

Not clear whether the local magistrate made him post bail or not. Let’s face it, if this guy were black, he would not have been allowed house arrest.

by Anonymousreply 84January 16, 2021 5:25 AM

Reading Judge Howells wiki entry, she's not one to be messed with.

by Anonymousreply 85January 16, 2021 5:44 AM

"They all fucked up their lives for a ConMan."

I just don't understand the mindset. Surely they knew that almost everyone had a cell phone camera clicking away? And there were security cameras like every five feet in there?

Maybe it was pseudo-suicidal. They don't give a shit because the world is turning darker and gayer and more foreign. Their last hurrah before checking into prison.

by Anonymousreply 86January 16, 2021 5:44 AM

Magistrate judges are a fucking joke. South Carolina is currently going through a scandal where magistrate judges have no legal background and are prone to corruption. Even their Republican governor has come out in favor of reform!

I doubt Arkansas is any different...good thing a federal judge intervened.

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2021 5:53 AM

They clearly planned some of their little insurrection, but, like everything tRump is involved with, it turns out it was mostly amateur hour. They filmed themselves — without masks — and then posted the pics and videos on social media. They failed to realize all the security cameras that are in the Capitol. They also failed to realize that law enforcement was able to capture every one of their cell phone numbers.

They are stupid MAGAt tRumptards.

by Anonymousreply 88January 16, 2021 5:53 AM

[quote] Do not fuck with Chief Judge Beryl Howell.

I figure anyone who had to grow up with a name like that has got to be tough.

by Anonymousreply 89January 16, 2021 12:37 PM

Damn he looks rough! Like he's been drinking every day for the past 40 years. That's a very old 60.

by Anonymousreply 90January 16, 2021 2:05 PM

Interesting....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 16, 2021 5:54 PM

Good for the judge to revoke bail and extradite this piece of shit to DC. All of these people need to be punished to the full extent of the law. A message needs to be sent that this fuckery will not be tolerated in what's supposed to be a civilized society.

by Anonymousreply 92January 16, 2021 6:18 PM

What they thought was that it didn’t matter, the phones, the cameras, the exposure. They were invited by “The President”. I really think they believed their efforts could change something and trump would take care of it after they thwarted the election.

by Anonymousreply 93January 16, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] Magistrate judges are a fucking joke.

This was a federal magistrate, so a step up from state magistrates. Federal magistrates are chosen by the U.S. district judges, and are generally pretty competent. There are, of course, exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 94January 16, 2021 7:07 PM

One of those Capitol invaders was a police officer (forgot his name). He posted online that other people were pussies if they were too worried about losing their jobs (by invading the Capitol). That officer ended up resigning from his job. So, it seems like some people did know this was something that could get them in trouble.

I hope these fuckers are not coddled like children. They were all adults making their own decisions.

by Anonymousreply 95January 16, 2021 7:59 PM

I just wish I could see their faces when they realise Trump isn't saving them, as promised.

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2021 12:45 AM

These dumbass dipshits really thought they could get away with this. That the cops would be on their side and Trump would make everything all right. Unbelievable stupidity. These people are living in a fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2021 12:58 AM

I hope he appreciates that jail cell more than Nancy apparently appreciates that deal of hers!

by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2021 1:05 AM

Desk*

by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2021 1:06 AM

"These dumbass dipshits really thought they could get away with this."

Because Michael Flynn, who organized this thing, assured all the participants that this plan was initiated by Trump and Trump would fully protect and defend all the participants. They were told that the plan was endorsed by the President himself and had the full backing of influential Republican Congressman and Senators and they could expect to be fully pardoned for any and all crimes committed in Trump's name.

The plan was once the Capitol had been taken over, and Pence and Pelosi and had "tried": and executed, Sean Hannity, Limpballs and other right wing media would take to the air waves and incite the 74 million Trump voters to riot in the streets and dispose of any and all traitorous Trump enemies. Once that was done, Trump would be installed as President for Life.

The person who set the Reichstag fire didn't have to worry about being caught and punished for his crime because he was protected by Hitler and every other top Nazi. The same thing was supposed to happen here.

by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2021 1:23 AM

Chilling r100

by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2021 1:24 AM

He's been moved to DC for trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 21, 2021 1:32 AM

Backstory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2021 11:36 PM

He threw a tantrum during a court hearing because he's tired of being in jail:

Richard Barnett, the Arkansas man charged with breaking into Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office and stealing her mail during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, threw a tantrum during a virtual court hearing on Thursday, yelling at the judge and his own lawyers that it wasn’t “fair” that he was still in jail weeks after his arrest.

One of the most recognizable figures from the Capitol assault, Mr. Barnett, 60, was photographed on Jan. 6 with his feet up on a desk in Ms. Pelosi’s office and a cattle-prod-like stun gun dangling from his belt.

From the moment he was taken into custody, he has waged an ongoing — and so far unsuccessful — effort to be freed on bond, and he loudly lost his patience with the process at an otherwise routine hearing in front of Judge Christopher Cooper of Federal District Court in Washington.

Appearing by video from jail, Mr. Barnett erupted into anger after Judge Cooper set the next court date in his case for a day in May, shouting that he did not want to remain behind bars for “another month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2021 8:21 PM

Fuck 'im! So pleased with himself in that photo. He has earned every day in pre-trial custody. Hopefully to take up some kind of long-term residence. Moron can spend time in the prison library memorizing the subtle meaning and uses of the word "consequences."

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2021 9:25 PM

He needs to stay in prison, he's such a psychotic nut that if he's released he's exactly the type to go on a shooting rampage.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2021 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!