Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Violent MAGA and Proud Boys RIOTS and TERRORIST ATTACK in the Capitol - PART 3

First and Second threads below.

The fallout from this - the investigation of the Trumps, the splintering of the Republican Party, the ostracizing of the MAGA people and Proud Boys, and the investigations into all four and into the law enforcement that helped - is going to reverberate for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 6, 2021 6:05 PM

Part 2 in op. Part 1 below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 2:06 AM

Trump needs to be impeached and removed

And NEVER allowed to run for president ever again.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 2:07 AM

A couple Twitter posts from the last thread to spark more conversation. First up, a TerrorFrau boasts about breaking into Nancy Pelosi's office and being featured on Fox News:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 2:08 AM

TerrorFrau #2 tries alleviating her maced eyes with a toweled onion:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 2:09 AM

Pentagon placed limits on D.C. Guard ahead of pro-Trump protests due to narrow mission

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 2:09 AM

A retired colonel indicates that insurrectionists will return on January 19th via Parler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 2:10 AM

Statement from the DC Council on the Department of Defense’s Denial of DC’s National Guard Deployment Request

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 2:10 AM

CORRECTION: DC Council statement below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 2:12 AM

When AXE Bodyspray doesn't want anything to do with you...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 2:12 AM

NY Times: Some officers at the Capitol on Wednesday parted barricades. Others held doors open. It was a far cry from the response to Black Lives Matter protests.

“It’s a glaring example of how unjust this system really is,” said one activist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 2:15 AM

Ari Melber: Reporting: In *one* day in June, D.C. police arrested BLM protesters at over *seven* times the rate of Trump rioters at the Capitol on Wednesday.

There was far more evidence of trespassing and other serious crimes at the Capitol, much of it on tape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2021 2:15 AM

Since I know that you bitches love some remixes with sick beats...

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2021 2:16 AM

Video of cops helping MAGA/Proud Terrorists. You can hear one cop yelling, “Go, go!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2021 2:17 AM

This one is just a friendly reminder:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2021 2:18 AM

CAPITOL POLICE GAVE THE TERRORISTS DIRECTIONS TO SCHUMERS OFFICE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2021 2:21 AM

Angry (former) Staffer: According to CNN reporting, there are a shit ton of potential charges coming.

30 main suspects appear to have fled DC, but FBI has leads on them. Keep sending photo tips as you get them.

Trump and Jr. also being investigated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2021 2:21 AM

It’s obvious Trump “””conceded””” tonight because his lawyers told him he’s about to get fucked in the ass by the FBI

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2021 2:24 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2021 2:24 AM

Brother Colt dedicates a song to "a life well lived."

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2021 2:24 AM

Here's video of @GovLarryHogan saying Maryland's National Guard was repeatedly denied authorization to deploy to defend Congress on Wednesday during the 90 minutes after a panicked phone call from senior House and Senate leaders who were hiding from the president's mob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2021 2:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2021 2:25 AM

R21

Puta.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2021 2:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2021 2:31 AM

R22 ok what did I do to deserve being called that? Lol. But I apologize for whatever it was

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2021 2:31 AM

R24/R21

Not you. I meant, El Presidente Puta.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2021 2:35 AM

R25 oh. Ok. Sorry. It’s been a long long long day.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2021 2:41 AM

It really is a miracle that none of the bombs and molotov cocktails were detonated. I am afraid they will be better organized next time.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2021 2:51 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2021 2:53 AM

Some of them were TEACHERS. Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2021 3:04 AM

Which rioter did this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2021 3:08 AM

Where are the FBI, CIA and other agencies?. I’ve been bamboozled, by movies, in thinking that something/anything would have fixed this huge problem by now.

Maybe they’ve stopped much more dangerous stuff and we don’t know.

I feel very vulnerable

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2021 3:12 AM

What the mob wanted:

Donald Trump has president

Jew killed or contained

Blacks and other POC back as slaves

Women not able to own property and no abortions

Gays killed or contained

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2021 3:15 AM

How do these WS types feel about Trump having a Jewish son in law? Speaking of Jews anyone heard anything from Stephen Miller?

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2021 3:18 AM

Weird that Ivanka thinks these Neo Nazis are "patriots" when she married a Jewish man

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2021 3:18 AM

I read that the capitol police refused help from FBI and national guard days before this...

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2021 3:20 AM

DC Metro Police and FBI have released wanted photos for people who participated in the US Capitol riot. Unsure if this has been posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2021 3:23 AM

Blaire as the wife of the podium guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2021 3:26 AM

Trae

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2021 3:28 AM

[quote] How do these WS types feel about Trump having a Jewish son in law? Speaking of Jews anyone heard anything from Stephen Miller?

I was just thinking about him. He is a cockroach, so I doubt he will leave until he's forced to go.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2021 3:34 AM

Jews for Hitler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2021 3:36 AM

This one has an extra-slappable face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2021 3:40 AM

I've posted on a couple of other threads that Pentagon chiefs initially denied deploying National Guard troops because under law they would have reported to Trump as Commander in Chief rather than to them. They wanted to avoid that.

No link and I don't know whether it's true but it sounds believable.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2021 3:45 AM

"I DiDn'T dO aNyThInG iLlEgAL"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2021 3:45 AM

Susan Allan Block, the wife of the owner of Block Communications Inc., which owns and operates the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Toledo Blade, and several radio and TV stations posted this screed, where she calls for "no peace, no unity" and calls Kamala Harris a "whore" - really charming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2021 3:45 AM

I thought trespassing on Federal property was an arrestable offense, not to mention all the property destruction. I guess those rules don't apply to white people.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2021 3:50 AM

BREAKING: A Capitol Police Officer has died after being injured by a protester in the Capitol on Jan 6

Per spox: Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2021 4:00 AM

Statement from family of woman crushed to death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2021 4:00 AM

Congressional Dems are so pissed about the attempted coup and the republican insurrection if they don’t impeach our caucus will fracture badly.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2021 4:01 AM

Back The Blue--unless they come for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2021 4:04 AM

Vanity Fair reported that Stephen Miller told someone yesterday was a "terrible day."

Today, his frown turned upside down when he appeared up on a list of potential pardons with, among others, Lil Wayne, Kodak Black, and Jeanine Pirro's husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2021 4:05 AM

He didn't "appear UP." I have no idea why I typed that.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2021 4:09 AM

He can't pardon himself.

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2021 4:09 AM

r48, FCI, What is the hold up then? Why aren't they going forward with the articles of Impeachment already?

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2021 4:12 AM

R52

You know how overgrown Ritchie Rich responds to being told that he can't do something.

He does it anyway and dares anyone to try and stop him.

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote]He can't pardon himself.

That's undecided and has been debated for decades because no President has ever tried it. It would would ultimately go to the Supreme Court but because no one has ever tried it, there is of yet no precedent.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2021 4:16 AM

What have Kavanaugh and the other conservative SC judges said about this debacle?

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2021 4:18 AM

There’s something cooking with the orange brat’s inferred refusal to go to Camp David.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2021 4:18 AM

Has [i]any[/i] Supreme Court Justice said anything?

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2021 4:21 AM

Nothing, R56. They don’t tend to comment on current events.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote] That's undecided and has been debated for decades because no President has ever tried it. It would would ultimately go to the Supreme Court but because no one has ever tried it, there is of yet no precedent.

There will be precedent if he tries it. If you think they would give it the thumbs-up, you’re a numbskull.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2021 4:22 AM

To put a finer point on it, there’s no need to “debate” a self pardon. It is prima face absurd, for reasons that should be glaringly obvious to every sentient human.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2021 4:23 AM

Impeachment hearings will start tomorrow afternoon, would be my guess.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2021 4:23 AM

If Trump pardons himself and it stands isn't that basically admitting that the president can be an Emperor or a King? That would be a horrible precedent to set.

If it happens, it must not be allowed to stand.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2021 4:24 AM

This is what is concerning. It's always just been held as fact that these things can't happen, but no one has tried it before, and as we've seen over the past 4 years, when Trump has pushed at the boundaries of what he's meant to be able to do, it just freaks people out because they've not seen it before, and they don't really know what to do. And so, slowly slowly he gets away with things.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2021 4:29 AM

I resign from role as Vairst Letty

#BeBest

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2021 4:29 AM

In the previous thread there were a few tweets that said “national security equities” may have been stolen.

Any idea what a national security equity is?

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2021 4:30 AM

There was reportedly a Congressional laptop stolen. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2021 4:32 AM

A self-pardon would absolutely NOT stand. He would not get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2021 4:33 AM

[quote] If Trump pardons himself and it stands isn't that basically admitting that the president can be an Emperor or a King? That would be a horrible precedent to set.

Especially since he frauded his way into the job in the first place. It’s amazing how EVERYTHING he accuses others of doing always turn out to be projection.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2021 4:34 AM

Always pay attention to anyone in your life you meet who does that R69. If someone is very vocal about all the things others are doing wrong it's usually a sign of the way THEY think about doing things.

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2021 4:44 AM

The guy who gave us Plandemic was there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 8, 2021 4:46 AM

R53 No hold up. Giving a very real, but ultimately futile, 25th amendment chance to happen. Barring that, tomorrow Pelosi will likely call them back. They have cleared to have a direct vote on the floor. Should take two days- one in the House, one in the Senate. I’ve never heard our side this enraged.

by Anonymousreply 72January 8, 2021 5:11 AM

Has Melanie signed with Evil Angel or Vixen yet?

by Anonymousreply 73January 8, 2021 5:13 AM

Wow, thanks for the info FCI!

by Anonymousreply 74January 8, 2021 5:13 AM

FCI, how real a chance is there for removal in the Senate? Any more Repubs willing to vote for it this time around?

by Anonymousreply 75January 8, 2021 5:15 AM

BoundGangbangs I thought I heard, R73.

by Anonymousreply 76January 8, 2021 5:17 AM

R29, that teacher was arrested at an anti-mask rally at the NC Governor’s Mansion back in the summer for so forcefully trying to open the big iron gates that they broke.

R70, I forget who said it but there is a saying about the person who thinks to look behind a door only does because they have hidden behind a door.

by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2021 5:28 AM

I like that, R77!

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2021 5:29 AM

R21 ain't no puta, she keeps her panty clean!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2021 5:36 AM

The moment it all began...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2021 6:41 AM

i hadn't seen that vid, R80. Disturbing. Those policemen were let down by their own department as well as their president. Let's see if they take the January 19th threats seriously.

by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2021 6:48 AM

R81 I don’t even think they were armed. Did you catch the cop(s) swinging his fist like he was in a street fight? Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2021 6:52 AM

The eyes have it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2021 6:55 AM

R83 He looks like a retarded Steven Spielberg.

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2021 7:03 AM

OMG he's a freak and a half. And really dumb. Like Forest Gump dumb.

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2021 7:05 AM

r83. His father is a prominent whatever. He seems slightly slow and harmless.

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2021 7:06 AM

I feel bad for him. People in the comments suspect he's on the spectrum, and he looks it. Did he travel with anybody? Do his parents know where he is?

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2021 7:09 AM

He in the Capitol building illegally but he’s totally harmless so let’s feel sad and bad for him!

by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2021 7:11 AM

*is

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2021 7:12 AM

From the post which I hate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2021 7:14 AM

R90 Awwww! The poor little runt! Whatever should we do with/to him?

by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2021 7:15 AM

Btw, he looks like he’s on some potent meth.

by Anonymousreply 92January 8, 2021 7:16 AM

What is Parler exactly? Can you lurk on there?

by Anonymousreply 93January 8, 2021 7:18 AM

What he did was definitely illegal. I'm not excusing that. I'm just wondering how aware he is of what he was apart of. It's like he's cosplaying at Comic Con or something. He just has a completely different energy than, say, Ashli Babbitt.

by Anonymousreply 94January 8, 2021 7:19 AM

Ashli has no energy at all since Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 95January 8, 2021 7:28 AM

R93, like twitter. You can look without signing in. To have an account, apparently you have to send a copy of your driver's license.

by Anonymousreply 96January 8, 2021 7:28 AM

((the idea though is we really don't know what these maga want. We still do not know. Sad all around. They are being used?))).

by Anonymousreply 97January 8, 2021 7:29 AM

Juanita Broaddrick with some motherly advice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 8, 2021 7:29 AM

With all certainty, we know Dump doesn't give a shit about Magats.

by Anonymousreply 99January 8, 2021 7:31 AM

[quote[Did he travel with anybody?

His brother was there but claims to have left before the Capitol was invaded.

Capit-who? I don't know her.

[quote]“Had John Roberts heard that case and legitimately heard that case and Trump would have lost, I probably wouldn’t have gone today,” Nachman Mostofsky said, referring to a petition to the Supreme Court to hear a case over alleged election fraud in the 2020 presidential election. The court rejected the petition.

[quote]Mostofsky, who serves as executive director of Chovevei Zion, a politically conservative Orthodox Jewish advocacy organization, was in Washington for the opening of the new session of Congress and extended his stay to attend the protests. He said he left before the storming of the Capitol, and condemned the violence that took place there.

[quote]He was also one of a few Orthodox Jews who, speaking to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, appeared to compare Wednesday’s events to the racial justice protests that spread across the country last year.

[quote]“No conservative will condone what happened today, the actual storming of the Capitol… it was unpatriotic,” he said. “But we heard for months during the summer when people don’t feel heard, this is what happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 8, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote][R83] He looks like a retarded Steven Spielberg.

He won't be hard to find, he still lives at home guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 101January 8, 2021 7:48 AM

[quote]A self-pardon would absolutely NOT stand. He would not get away with it.

He’s gotten away with everything else.

by Anonymousreply 102January 8, 2021 8:21 AM

So nothing will happen then... 🙄

by Anonymousreply 103January 8, 2021 8:28 AM

Can the President pardon actual traitors?

by Anonymousreply 104January 8, 2021 8:32 AM

^ Wait till the 19th and see.

by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2021 8:33 AM

I've got to give Mostofsky props for originality in religious garb. This is the first time I've seen a yarmulke made out of the face of a dead coyote.

Have any reliable news sources given estimates crowd size for the entire rally? I mean not just the ones who stormed the Capitol but the larger group. I've been Googling trying to find some estimate and stories I've seen quote a figure of between 2,000 and 80,000. From some of the crowd pictures it definitely looks like it was more than 2,000 but I have no idea how many dumbasses made this pilgrimage.

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2021 9:36 AM

According to Ashli Babbitt there were 3 million "patRIOTS" marching in DC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2021 9:42 AM

I hadn’t seen this clip until now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 8, 2021 10:07 AM

This reporter was fucking brave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 8, 2021 10:09 AM

Full 7-minute video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 8, 2021 10:11 AM

“But they were so peaceful and didn’t so any damage at all...”

by Anonymousreply 112January 8, 2021 10:12 AM

Ted Cruz has certainly become quite the whale.

Seems to be an inevitable consequence of trumpism.

by Anonymousreply 113January 8, 2021 11:19 AM

r37 is parody, and pretty good. "He has a job. He sells furniture out of our house, all types of furniture for you to hide your meth in." "And my children Via Getty, Liberteigh, Emilia Allen, Holiday Express, and Todd."

r83 COULD be, but is not.

Both worth a couple minutes' watch.

by Anonymousreply 114January 8, 2021 11:21 AM

Blaire Erskine is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 115January 8, 2021 11:24 AM

[quote]I'm just wondering how aware he is of what he was apart of.

He was there. He broke into the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 116January 8, 2021 11:32 AM

Well, one good thing is 2-3% of them will be dead in four weeks, after this superspreader event.

by Anonymousreply 117January 8, 2021 11:52 AM

R75 I doubt much. They want to run out the clock. I did ask my friend to ask about the senate side but I haven’t heard back yet.

Lady Graham said he is waiting on him to do ONE MORE THING and all options on the table. I assume he means hiding in his underground bunker from radiation poisoning due to a nuclear launch against Iran but who knows what that drunk thinks.

by Anonymousreply 118January 8, 2021 11:53 AM

"she plans to be at a future protest with a gas mask."

I hope they all bring gas masks, making it necessary to shoot them. Let's get some of these turds out of the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 119January 8, 2021 12:00 PM

Which one of you bitches was this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 8, 2021 12:38 PM

or this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 8, 2021 12:39 PM

And people say the republican't party is not a big tent r120 and r121.

by Anonymousreply 122January 8, 2021 12:49 PM

Where Bin Laden failed on 9/11, Trump succeeded in launching a terrorist attack on the US Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2021 1:32 PM

Speaking of Bin Laden, does anyone else here remember that quote from him about the next threat to America would come from the inside? That has stuck with me.

by Anonymousreply 124January 8, 2021 1:46 PM

Treasonous state legislators:

-MI state Rep. Matt Maddock

-MO state Rep. Justin Hill

-PA state Sen. Doug Mastriano

-TN state Rep. Terri Lynn Weaver

-VA state Sen. Amanda Chase

-WV state Del. Derrick Evans

-AK state Rep. David Eastman

-AZ state Rep. Mark Finchem

-Incoming NV state Assemb. Annie Black

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 8, 2021 4:02 PM

"He looks like a retarded Steven Spielberg"

You'd have to be retarded to be a Jew rioting with a bunch of Neo-Nazis wearing "6 million dead Jews wasn't enough" shirts

by Anonymousreply 126January 8, 2021 4:07 PM

If he can pardon then arrest and convict them after he is out of office.

by Anonymousreply 127January 8, 2021 4:22 PM

This is really scary to think that our LE agencies were in on it. Let the purge begin and classify all militias, Proud boys etc as Domestic Terrorists

by Anonymousreply 128January 8, 2021 4:32 PM

They stole Nancy Pelosi's laptop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 8, 2021 4:39 PM

R128 one element to the BLM movement, and its unfortunate slogan, "defund the Police", is the need to expose that there is a strain in American police department of political extremism - white supremacists and undemocratic. My brother was a policeman who could only be promoted in the department if he joined a far right wing "prayer breakfast" group - borderline white extremist evangelicals who though they were the occupying military force that need to "control" chaos (by which they meant anyone not like them, not with their values).

This white supremacist craziness is in police departments across the country. On Wednesday the head of the police union in Chicago almost praised the rioters who invaded the capitol.

It's a serious, serious problem... that gets obscured by hyper partisan responses (both sides) to "Defund the Police"

by Anonymousreply 130January 8, 2021 4:39 PM

He's at it again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 8, 2021 4:41 PM

Just cut him the fuck off of twitter ..what the fuck

by Anonymousreply 132January 8, 2021 4:42 PM

Clarence Thomas' wife was cheering on the rioters. WTF - you're married to a black man, did you see those people with Confederate flags?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 8, 2021 4:44 PM

Jesus fucking christ. Twitter is complicit.

by Anonymousreply 134January 8, 2021 4:47 PM

LA indie musician Ariel Pink was in the crowd. Ugh! I liked some of his music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 8, 2021 4:49 PM

Rioters were looking for Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Mike Pence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 8, 2021 4:56 PM

R120 / R121 Seriously, you cannoT make this shit uP.

by Anonymousreply 137January 8, 2021 4:58 PM

R229 Hopefully they’ve cleared it remotely.

by Anonymousreply 138January 8, 2021 4:59 PM

^ For R129

by Anonymousreply 139January 8, 2021 4:59 PM

From Kenya:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 8, 2021 5:02 PM

R140 Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 141January 8, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]This is the first time I've seen a yarmulke made out of the face of a dead coyote.

Could it work as a wig?

by Anonymousreply 142January 8, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]like twitter. You can look without signing in. To have an account, apparently you have to send a copy of your driver's license.

It's scary to think that those people on Parler are allowed to drive.

And vote, procreate, own guns, etc.

by Anonymousreply 143January 8, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]According to Ashli Babbitt there were 3 million "patRIOTS" marching in DC.

Well, minus one, at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 144January 8, 2021 5:11 PM

Wow. James Clyburn is on with Chuck Todd right now and he said the terrorists easily found his second office on the third floor, which is a very difficult office to find. They were given instructions on where to go by police and, imo, members of congress. Matt gaetz should be detained and questioned about his roll in this.

by Anonymousreply 145January 8, 2021 5:15 PM

Thanks r140.

Except rather than saying "Who's the Banana Republic now" they should say "Who's the Shit-hole Country now".

by Anonymousreply 146January 8, 2021 5:17 PM

Is Susan Collins concerned that she supported fascists?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 8, 2021 5:17 PM

FBI raided the Tennessee Republican house reps' offices today. This can't be a coincidence, can it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 8, 2021 5:18 PM

Captain Coyote has certainly brought a lot of fame to his family and since his father is a prominent judge daddy will probably either (try) to get him off or if he is "special" quietly have him committed.

by Anonymousreply 149January 8, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] LA indie musician Ariel Pink was in the crowd. Ugh! I liked some of his music.

And it sounds like Boy George is calling his actions "compelling" and "provocative" and justifying them because of his astrological sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 8, 2021 5:25 PM

NBC News:

Richard Barnett, who was seen sitting at a desk in Speaker Pelosi’s office, has been arrested in Arkansas and charged with entering and remaining on restricting grounds, violent entry, and theft of public property -- NBC's Pete Williams reports.

by Anonymousreply 151January 8, 2021 5:38 PM

CNN: White House counsel Pat Cipollone is considering resigning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 8, 2021 5:40 PM

Rich twat sees this as "a prelude to war"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 8, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]Those rioters, the bozos, were the ones who talked to the press, who waved gleefully to photographers, who selfied and streamed the entire afternoon, without even a thought that there might ever be consequences. They were doing it for the ’gram, and their story overwhelms the narrative because their faces and voices dominated the day.

[quote]But there were other rioters inside the Capitol, if you look at the images. And once you see them, it’s impossible to look away. The zip-tie guys.

[quote]Call the zip ties by their correct name: The guys were carrying flex cuffs, the plastic double restraints often used by police in mass arrest situations. They walked through the Senate chamber with a sense of purpose. They were not dressed in silly costumes but kitted out in full paramilitary regalia: helmets, armor, camo, holsters with sidearms. At least one had a semi-automatic rifle and 11 Molotov cocktails. At least one, unlike nearly every other right-wing rioter photographed that day, wore a mask that obscured his face.

[quote]They went into the Capitol, as Congress was counting electoral votes, equipped to take hostages—to physically seize officials, and presumably to take lives. The prospect is terrifying. But just because it seems unthinkable doesn’t mean we shouldn’t think hard about what almost happened. Don’t dismiss the zip-tie guys as “LARPers” or “weekend warriors.” First of all, given the well-documented overlap between ex-military, law enforcement, and right-wing militias, it’s entirely possible these guys were weekday warriors using their training in service of extracurricular interests. (One of the Twitter sleuths who are now trying to track them down sure seems to think they’re ex-military.) More importantly, the long awful course of history reminds us how slippery the slope is from playacting as a strike force to actually behaving as a strike force. Once the zip ties go on, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a “real” terrorist or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 8, 2021 5:46 PM

Have any other of Trump's rats abandoned the S.S.DiaperDon?

by Anonymousreply 155January 8, 2021 5:47 PM

Maybe he'll find a good Hitler speech for this moment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 8, 2021 5:52 PM

Lindsey vs. the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 8, 2021 5:57 PM

A photographer from AP was beaten and harassed by the mob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 8, 2021 6:08 PM

Neo-Nazis, QAnon and Camp Auschwitz: A Guide to the Hate Symbols and Signs on Display at the Capitol Riots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Rioters looking for Schumer: "He said they asked a Capitol Police officer, who tried to direct them" to his office. While they were rioting and trespassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 8, 2021 6:15 PM

r158 - Thanks for posting that.

The media is treated with more respect in third world combat zones.

by Anonymousreply 161January 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Put them all on a garbage barge and dump them in Chesapeake Bay. They need to be removed from society and the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 162January 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Woman from a Republican group asks for people to join her bus ride to the riots.....then blames the riots on "antifa"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 8, 2021 6:26 PM

“The cops were really cool. You could see that some of them were on our side.” ~Domestic terrorist on the warm treatment given to rioters by some Capitol Hill Police

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 8, 2021 6:28 PM

Western PA Garbage People: Cops edition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 8, 2021 6:29 PM

Georgia Beth Griffin IS the fascist Denise Eaker!

by Anonymousreply 166January 8, 2021 6:33 PM

r165, here's another cop who was there:

NEW: A lieutenant from the Bexar County Sheriff's Office in San Antonio is under FBI investigation after posting photos from the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

"aside from my kids, this was, indeed, the best day of my life," she wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 8, 2021 6:36 PM

Heads up, FBI. Here comes the million militia march on Jan. 20th:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 8, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote]Except rather than saying "Who's the Banana Republic now" they should say "Who's the Shit-hole Country now".

I assume that newspapers in Kenya have standards about what kind of language they can use.

by Anonymousreply 169January 8, 2021 6:42 PM

They need to make the inauguration fully virtual in some undisclosed location. These unhinged freaks will stop at nothing.

by Anonymousreply 170January 8, 2021 6:43 PM

These repubes have been making people believe the danger to this country was immigrants and people of color....well, well, well,.... look what we have here.....

by Anonymousreply 171January 8, 2021 6:52 PM

No r170 the United State's government will not back down to these assholes. We have the strongest military in the world and police force (check out this summer). We will host the Inauguration on the Capital's steps as planned with a minimal crowd, as previously decided due to COVID. These people do not get to dictate how and where the government holds its constitutional functions.

Do not give in to the desires of terrorists. One thing Bush got right on 9/11 was going right back to DC that afternoon. This is the US and we will not be bullied by foreign or domestic threats. Grow a pair and stop giving in to their harassment.

by Anonymousreply 172January 8, 2021 6:54 PM

West Virginia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 8, 2021 6:56 PM

Is anyone surprised that a West Virginia State Delegate literally lives in his grandmother's basement? And that grandma looks to be a hard 40 years old?

by Anonymousreply 174January 8, 2021 7:07 PM

r173 remember these videos when people on DL want to claim that black people always blame others for their problems. That old woman already blaming someone else for her grandson's crimes.

by Anonymousreply 175January 8, 2021 7:23 PM

Facebook suspends Virginia state senator Amanda Chase, who cheered the rioters on as "patriots" then tried to blame the violence on BLM and antifa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 8, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote] Organizer @ali claims he organized the insurrection "with congressman @RepGosar @RepMoBrooks and @RepAndyBiggsAZ. We four schemed up putting maximum pressure on congress while they were voting..." These 3 congressmen need to be held accountable.

Quelle surprise. Oh, Ali! You should have gone to Vegas to be a Sammy Davis Jr. impersonator instead of choosing treason and sedition. Well, it's a bit late for regrets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 8, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote]Is anyone surprised that a West Virginia State Delegate literally lives in his grandmother's basement?

If it's West Virginia, they're probably fucking too.

by Anonymousreply 178January 8, 2021 7:32 PM

MSNBC is reporting that the speakers at the preceding rally (Trump, Don Jr., Giuliani, etc.) will NOT even be investigated for inciting violence.

Merrick Garland and Lisa Monaco may have a different opinion....I hope.

by Anonymousreply 179January 8, 2021 7:35 PM

National Guard Held In Limbo As Trump Mob Ransacked U.S. Capitol | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 8, 2021 8:52 PM

An Oregon state rep opened the state Capitol door to armed terrorists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 8, 2021 9:20 PM

Hawaii Proud Boys leader Nick Ochs arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 8, 2021 9:30 PM

He looks a bit like Dead Meat hottie James A. Janisse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 8, 2021 9:39 PM

When are these MaGAt enablers and cuntflaps in congress realize their little coup attempt is over?

When is fux going to be forced to admit these were MAGAts? Like how they were forced to admit the election wasn't stolen.

Grease fire to all of these Reich wing outlets. A big, flaming one that burns for years.

by Anonymousreply 184January 8, 2021 9:55 PM

The bomber

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 8, 2021 10:05 PM

The App Store might boot Parler for illegal and unethical content

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 8, 2021 10:09 PM

MAGAts confront Miss Lindsey at airport.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 8, 2021 10:14 PM

R44, Block has resigned from the Ohio Arts Council board. Good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 8, 2021 10:15 PM

JANUARY 8, 2021 PRESS RELEASE Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement following a virtual meeting of the House Democratic Caucus this afternoon:

“Today, the House Democratic Caucus had an hours-long conversation that was sad, moving and patriotic. It was a conversation unlike any other, because it followed an action unlike any other.

“It is the hope of Members that the President will immediately resign. But if he does not, I have instructed the Rules Committee to be prepared to move forward with Congressman Jamie Raskin’s 25th Amendment legislation and a motion for impeachment. Accordingly, the House will preserve every option – including the 25th Amendment, a motion to impeach or a privileged resolution for impeachment.

“With great respect, our deliberations will continue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 8, 2021 10:25 PM

Murdoch's Fox fueled all this violence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 8, 2021 10:40 PM

Here's a story about the arrest of the guy with the 11 Molotov cocktails. He's from Alabama, which doesn't surprise me one tiny bit. 70 years old, and I hope he dies in a Federal prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 8, 2021 10:45 PM

I'm surprised Madame Speaker's press release didn't contain a "PS.: If you have my fucking laptop, please return it ASAP. No questions asked." (WHY was the door unlocked? I know they took her overhead name-tag; did they also break open the door?)

by Anonymousreply 192January 8, 2021 10:48 PM

Twitter banned Twitler permanently just now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 8, 2021 10:55 PM

Please pay attention to this statement, everyone — just issued by Twitter executives: “Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 8, 2021 11:33 PM

Does pillow fart know something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195January 8, 2021 11:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 8, 2021 11:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 8, 2021 11:39 PM

^Celestino T. Perez. You can count on the fact that he won't be going NOWHERE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 8, 2021 11:41 PM

R198 Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 199January 8, 2021 11:45 PM

R195, the algorithms broke.

NOW I get it. LMFAO!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 200January 8, 2021 11:47 PM

Editor of the Bulwark just called Ms Lindsay Trump’s “fluffer” on Joy Reid. Jason Johnson totally got it and laughed uproariously. It was great.

by Anonymousreply 201January 8, 2021 11:49 PM

If Loeffler and Purdue had won on Wednesday, there would have been no riots. Their loss to a black man and a Jew pushed the white supremacists over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 202January 8, 2021 11:49 PM

the past hour:

- Michael Flynn banned from Twitter

- Sidney Powell banned from Twitter

- Donald Trump banned from Twitter

- Parler given 24 hour ultimatum from App Store

- House to introduce impeachment resolution on Monday

- Pelosi told generals to hide nukes

by Anonymousreply 203January 8, 2021 11:55 PM

^ Also: Parler removed from Google Play Store

by Anonymousreply 204January 8, 2021 11:58 PM

Could somebody please smother Pillow Dude to death with one of his own pillows? TIA!

by Anonymousreply 205January 9, 2021 12:12 AM

It's- a me, MAG-io! R41

by Anonymousreply 206January 9, 2021 12:13 AM

MAGAts are full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 9, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote] He was not shy to share his opinion. He wrote letters to his congressman, Representative Donald S. Beyer Jr., Democrat of Virginia, opposing the impeachment of Mr. Trump, and he advocated gun control. He also sent the officers letters emphasizing the need to protect animals. He spent much of his free time trying to rescue Dachshunds, his family said in a statement.

Brian Sicknick would have been a dream guy for me. This is so sad. I want those white trash terrorists to pay dearly for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 9, 2021 12:27 AM

…why Dachshunds?…I used to have a dwarf neighbor with a pet wiener dog named Richard.

by Anonymousreply 209January 9, 2021 12:29 AM

I'm such a Mary! baby. I almost cry when I see the violent videos now airing on cable news.

I don't have anyone outside my liberal bubble: what are normal Americans in the middle of the country saying? Most don't care, right? They don't get what's the big deal, right, since they vote GOP?

by Anonymousreply 210January 9, 2021 12:34 AM

I watched MSNBC all that day and saw the news breaking. Most of the footage was from outside except for a couple of shots from around the inside of the entrance and a few people were walking around. Now that more and more video is being released with sound you are able to see and hear the massive bedlam and violence that was going on. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 211January 9, 2021 12:35 AM

R192, CNN interviewed a Senator or Representative earlier, he said they got his laptop too but they arrested the guy and got the laptop back. He thought his wasn’t breached. They asked, how did they know which office was his? He said, they broke open every door of every colleague, all down the hall.

by Anonymousreply 212January 9, 2021 12:43 AM

God damn Donald Trump. God damn him.

by Anonymousreply 213January 9, 2021 12:48 AM

Why won’t Trump just die?!?

by Anonymousreply 214January 9, 2021 12:50 AM

They're planning something violent for 1/17.

[quote] Twitter said it feared Trump’s most recent tweets were being interpreted as supporting the rioters and that plans for future armed protests had already been proliferating both on and off the platform, including a proposed attack on the U.S. Capitol and state capitol buildings on Jan. 17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 9, 2021 12:50 AM

^Just shoot and kill every one of those fuckers. Run them over with tanks. I don’t give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 216January 9, 2021 12:53 AM

Take the terrorist dressed like military guys out first because they're there to kill!

by Anonymousreply 217January 9, 2021 1:02 AM

R215 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 218January 9, 2021 1:05 AM

Mugshot of the guy on Nancy Pelosi's office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 9, 2021 1:05 AM

The Inauguration should be held indoors this time.

by Anonymousreply 220January 9, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote] They're planning something violent for 1/17.

That's what's so scary. In the span of just a few hours, Twitter has permanently banned Trump, Google has removed Parler, and Twitter has threatened to remove Parler. This isn't just because of Trump's inflammatory tweets. The MAGAts are plotting more chaos. This week's attack was meant to be just the tip of the iceberg. The Internet/social media companies are freaking out and scrambling to shut everything down.

by Anonymousreply 221January 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Police let most Capitol rioters walk away. But cellphone data and videos could now lead to more arrests.

The Capitol, more than most buildings, has a vast cellular and wireless data infrastructure of its own to make communications efficient in a building made largely of stone and that extends deep underground and has pockets of shielded areas. Such infrastructure, such as individual cell towers, can turn any connected phone into its own tracking device.

Phone records make determining the owners of these devices trivially easy. Congressional investigators and federal prosecutors can also identify devices and users who may have connected wittingly or automatically to congressional guest WiFi networks — unless rioters made a point of deactivating their devices or leaving them behind during the takeover.

The countless hours of video — much of it taken by the rioters themselves and uploaded to social media — also offers an ideal data set for facial recognition. Many scenes were captured from multiple angles, with good lighting, over several minutes. Few people wore masks. While facial recognition technology often struggles to reliably identify people with dark skin, the large majority of the Trump supporters who entered the Capitol on Wednesday appeared to be White.

“Some people were being very blatant and flippant about it, smiling for the camera — those people are going to be very easy to find,” said Doug Kouns, a retired FBI special agent and founder of the Indiana-based private-investigation firm Veracity IIR. “I worked with the bureau for a long time, and when I watched that play out I got the same hollow feeling in my stomach as on 9/11: How is this happening? They’re going to use every resource they can to bring these people to justice.”

Video of rioters walking away untouched after the takeover enraged many around the country hoping to see consequences for those who broke the law while apparently seeking to disrupt the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. The contrast was especially striking, many critics said, after the aggressive, heavily armed crackdowns against protesters in May and June after the killing of George Floyd.

But leaving the scene without arrest is not the same as escaping criminal charges. D.C. and federal authorities have made clear their determination to investigate the catastrophic security breakdown and prosecute many of those involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 9, 2021 1:14 AM

This is interesting. Twitter banned the two guys who are allegedly Q, Ron Watkins, who lives in Japan. His father Jim Watkins is the other one, he lives in the Philippines.

“It’s Jim Watkins son. Jim is owner of 8kun, home of the Q drops. Ron is/was the admin of the site and very likely the operator of the Q account. He “resigned” from his admin position on Election Day.

“Since then, the Q drops have been very few and sparse when actually posted. He instead began posting on his personal twitter all kinds of nut job Q shit. He even talks in stupid riddles and open ended questions just like Q. Seems to barely be hiding that he was Q and the followers don’t seem to care. His posts after the riot were claiming that Trump was flying to a military base in Texas and that there is essentially gonna be mass arrests in DC of politicians. He was also trying to Martyr the girl who got shot, but that backfired as all the Qultists started commenting that her death was faked. But yeah, the dude is integral to the QAnon grift no matter how you slice it.

helpfulelf63

4h

“Ron lives in Japan. Would be great if the Japanese gov't could do something about him. I think they have an extradition treaty with the U.S.”

Anyone who wants to go down this rabbit hole, they’re referring to podcasts and other documentation. Also, this person claims at least one of these Q people is into pedo stuff themselves (explains why they’re always talking about pedo conspiracies), but they can’t be reached by U.S. authorities because they live out of the country. But we have extradition treaties with these countries, so maybe Biden’s administration can get them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 9, 2021 1:21 AM

As if being terrorized by COVID isn't bad enough. These people are disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 224January 9, 2021 1:41 AM

Thanks, R223!

by Anonymousreply 225January 9, 2021 1:42 AM

You don’t think he’ll get North Korea or Russia will do something in this uncertain times

Ugh I’m so nervous

by Anonymousreply 226January 9, 2021 1:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227January 9, 2021 1:58 AM

r192 there was a woman on a Facebook live chat that said they broke down the door to the Speaker's office. She was gleeful about committing that crime. Nancy's staff did the right thing considering how quickly things went.

There is growing speculation that some people knew exactly where to go and which offices to hit and were leading the mob. They really wanted Nancy, Hoyer, and Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 228January 9, 2021 2:09 AM

r208 your dream guy was a hero and should be honored for his service. It is a shame that he was murdered by that mob.

You're guy also supported the President so he enabled the man that sent the mob that killed him. He was an honorable cop but he supported a lot of unhonorable things in his personal life that lead to his own death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 9, 2021 2:12 AM

Fran Lebowitz comments...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 9, 2021 2:16 AM

^Thanks. She's right on point. As always.

by Anonymousreply 231January 9, 2021 2:21 AM

^^ "Trump is himself so unrelievedly cheesy that it’s pretty hard to imagine that there’s anyone he could possibly look down on."

by Anonymousreply 232January 9, 2021 2:22 AM

R223, the interview below explains a lot, including how QAnon was just one of many “-anon” games being played (military, Civil War, etc.) early on.

They were just LARPing, which no one took seriously, but then Jim Watkins apparently took over the main Q account and the rest is history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 9, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote]From his feet on Nancy Pelosi's desk to an Arkansas jail. Here's a mug shot of Richard Barnett, who was arrested this morning and is now facing federal charges

It's always a barrel of laughs until you end up having an ugly mug shot taken.

by Anonymousreply 234January 9, 2021 2:55 AM

They noted on CNN that the guy pictured with the zip ties did not bring them. Instead, they broke open a security box and took them. So while the intentions were obviously not good, they did not come with them.

by Anonymousreply 235January 9, 2021 2:56 AM

R235 Multiple MAGA who were in the capitol were interviewed and said the plan was to capture politicians, have an immediate trial, and summarily execute them.

There was a gallows constructed outside the capitol. Right now on CNN video of hundred breaking in to the capitol chanting, "hang Mike Pence, hang Mike Pence!"

It's not about zip ties. These folk are no mentally balanced, they really thought the military would come over to their side, they would execute the bad guys, and they'd take over the government and overturn the election. They were not asking for "more audits", they were seeking to execute people and overthrow the constitution.

Not protestors... not exercising their First Amendment rights. Treason.

by Anonymousreply 236January 9, 2021 3:05 AM

Here’s what Trump really thought of the patriots stopping the steal by breaking into the Capitol Building, according to a senior admin official who witnessed it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 9, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote]While facial recognition technology often struggles to reliably identify people with dark skin, the large majority of the Trump supporters who entered the Capitol on Wednesday appeared to be White.

The deck is SO stacked against us! And they get EVERYthing handed to them! Big Tech is racist against white people!

by Anonymousreply 238January 9, 2021 3:42 AM

[quote]Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how "low class" his supporters looked.

Not really worth taking a bullet for, was it, Ashli?

by Anonymousreply 239January 9, 2021 3:45 AM

[quote]NEW: A lieutenant from the Bexar County Sheriff's Office in San Antonio is under FBI investigation after posting photos from the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol. "aside from my kids, this was, indeed, the best day of my life," she wrote.

In the link at r167, it explains that she's been on leave since October and under investigation for a relationship with an inmate.

by Anonymousreply 240January 9, 2021 3:45 AM

Zip tie guy has been identified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 9, 2021 3:52 AM

R241 of course he has to be hot.

He will be a HIT in federal prison

by Anonymousreply 242January 9, 2021 4:14 AM

Another thread with his identity

These internet detectives are more competent than the FBI

What a sad country we live in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243January 9, 2021 4:16 AM

He has a tattoo on his middle finger that says “covid”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 9, 2021 4:19 AM

I just came here to post about zip tie guy and his military friend but I see others already got it.

Zip tie guy is Eric Munchel from Nashville, the chubby military dude is decorated combat vet Lt. Col. (Retired) Larry Brock of Texas.

They were not there to just protest, they had another agenda and we're lucky they didn't get very far.

by Anonymousreply 245January 9, 2021 4:19 AM

The video on Chris Hayes of the insurrectionists crushing an officer between two doors was unbearable.

I don't understand why cops side with these terrorists, they want to kill cops as much as they want to kill the libs. It's insanity.

by Anonymousreply 246January 9, 2021 4:20 AM

Zip tie guy is seriously mentally ill. He should not be allowed to roam the streets

by Anonymousreply 247January 9, 2021 4:21 AM

"'I was minding my own business, just trying to do a revolution, and I got maced... real bad..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 9, 2021 4:24 AM

He's not the only one who is seriously mentally ill R247.

Every, single one of those QAnon freaks is also seriously mentally ill and very dangerous.

I'm not surprised at all by what happened on the 6th - the only thing I am surprised by is that they weren't significantly armed and that there were only 5 deaths.

by Anonymousreply 249January 9, 2021 4:26 AM

I am surprised at the way the guys with military gear and a plan were able to hide themselves so effectively amongst the everyday idiots. Elizabeth Oniontowel and Dipshit Vikinghat gave them cover.

I had noticed over the last few years that people on Twitter were identifying the same people at these rallies and protests over and over again, and invariably when there was a shooting or violence, they could point out exactly who it was, and yet there were never any arrests. Now, when it gets to the point that there's an actual coup, FINALLY the FBI starts listening.

by Anonymousreply 250January 9, 2021 4:31 AM

This makes me scared for Biden. No wonder he had to shake down his Secret Service team. But there are domestic terrorists or MAGAts in the Feds. Every department needs to be scrutinized.

by Anonymousreply 251January 9, 2021 4:36 AM

White nationalists in police forces goes back to the confederacy. The KKK and the cops colluded in the Jim Crow south. It’s an issue that has never really been addressed, and it’s never gone away.

by Anonymousreply 252January 9, 2021 4:41 AM

You're right, R251, in all the chaos I'd already forgotten that. A lot of things that happened recently that we didn't fully understand are starting to make sense now.

by Anonymousreply 253January 9, 2021 4:41 AM

about zip tie guy--

[quote]Some Nashville waxer just lost a client.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 9, 2021 4:45 AM

Shame he is cute. Makes me wonder what crazy guys I've stuck my dick into over the years.

by Anonymousreply 255January 9, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote]Eric is currently a Bartender at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille.

Gurl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 9, 2021 4:56 AM

I watched Colbert faithfully on the Colbert Report but not on CBS—the big network dulling effect sucks the life out of everything.

And without the studio audience laughing along he just sounds shrill when he gets worked up.

I know I’m going to catch a lot of shit for this but I can’t help but feel sorry for the poor dear at r248. I know, I know, I know. But they’re like children in a movie who’ve been raised to be evil and they do terrible things but then you hit one of them and he breaks down and cries and all your hatred and fear goes away and you just realize what a pathetic little creature he is.

These are not our best and brightest, to be sure. And they have had their brains colonized by Fox News so their behavior can be truly appalling. But I think once they get themselves hurt or imprisoned, it all falls down and they’re just exposed for the pathetic creatures they are.

by Anonymousreply 257January 9, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote]He has a tattoo on his middle finger that says “covid”

He seems nice.

by Anonymousreply 258January 9, 2021 5:09 AM

Another guy carrying zip ties is a retired Air Force officer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259January 9, 2021 5:19 AM

R241 Why did I have to imagine even for a split second him fucking me? Seriously? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 260January 9, 2021 5:24 AM

Also, that Sparrow Project person did an amazing job. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 261January 9, 2021 5:25 AM

I think most of the info was originally discovered by John Scott Railton, linked at R259, and then Sparrow Project found more about the Nashville guy once Scott Railton revealed his name. They both did good work but the bulk of it was JSR, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 262January 9, 2021 5:28 AM

R262 They sure as hell did GREAT work. I’m reading the thread you linked to now.

by Anonymousreply 263January 9, 2021 5:30 AM

[quote]I know I’m going to catch a lot of shit for this but I can’t help but feel sorry for the poor dear at R248. I know, I know, I know.

Oh, please. She got maced. Boo-hoo. Play shitty games, win shitty prizes. She was damned lucky. Unlike Ashli, she didn't take a bullet to the head.

by Anonymousreply 264January 9, 2021 5:32 AM

Who else thinks Eric the Eyebrow took his mommy to the failed coup attempt?

by Anonymousreply 265January 9, 2021 5:37 AM

Elizabeth didn't get maced, she has an onion in her towel. Just watch the first few seconds of the video, it's right there.

I've been calling her Elizabeth Oniontowel because I have contempt for her but also don't feel like expending a lot of energy on a more clever name.

by Anonymousreply 266January 9, 2021 5:39 AM

R257, Colbert has been one of the most consistent anti-Trump voices for the last four years, to the point where Pelosi chose to appear on his show first after the impeachment vote.

A studio audience would not have been laughing at any of his rants this week. They were not meant to be funny. If you found them shrill - well, I'm sure worse things have happened on your TV this week.

However I do agree with you about many Trump supporters. Some of them are so warped they're basically professional neo-Nazis and Klansmen, and they can get fucked. (And I fully endorse Colbert's point that so can the Senators and Congressmen who encouraged them.) But the people at the bottom of the pile who've believed Trump through all of this have similar problems to a lot of BLM protesters. They or their parents started out better off than the BLM people, but the system turned on them at some point they can't identify and threw them out of the jobs they expected to hold for life, or took away their little farms that were making just enough to live on.

In doing so, it removed any self-respect they had, because you're right, none of them are very smart and most of them don't have much money, so their self-esteem was probably never high, bravado or not. The country has not educated them or supported them to reinstate any meaning in their lives after throwing them on the trash-heap. It has, in fact, reduced many of them to the social status of poor blacks, but they've been brought up with white entitlement, so their protests are tinged with a dangerous incredulity - this can't be what America really intends. (Whereas at least blacks know for sure that it is.) They are deaf to the notion that it's Reaganomics that is most responsible for the situation in which they find themselves, because the GOP, social media and Fox News have dinned into their not very bright heads a deep suspicion of people with explanations of complex situations.

I just hope Liberals will find out what their poorly articulated concerns are and take them seriously, and not dismiss them as punishment for involvement in MAGA. Only 0.0001% of the people I'm talking about were at the Capitol or Charlottesville.

by Anonymousreply 267January 9, 2021 5:39 AM

I have a former acquaintance Facebook friend who is ill like zip tie guy. Totally disordered and triggered. It’s not funny, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the guy.

by Anonymousreply 268January 9, 2021 5:40 AM

“We disagree with you but we respect you,” says the police officer to the infamous “zip tie guy” as he lets him and a crowd walk into the Capitol with nary a struggle. The clip is below.

I want to know who the police officer is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 9, 2021 5:51 AM

Well, that is interesting, R269. I'd seen footage from that side of the building prior to the door being opened and saw a bunch of cops running away, leaving one behind to spray pepper spray and then look around and wonder where everyone else had gone.

Now I see they not only opened the doors for the rioters but gave them their respect. This is looking worse and worse by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 270January 9, 2021 5:56 AM

[quote]"we disagree but we respect you."

Who wouldn't respect the cast of "Duck Dynasty" and a guy wearing a Chewbacca bikini?

by Anonymousreply 271January 9, 2021 5:57 AM

Here’s video of zip tie guy talking. I’m not sure if it’s before or after the attack. He almost sounds normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 9, 2021 5:57 AM

I thought the person who said he took his mom with him to the insurrection was joking, but yeah, that's obviously his mom.

My already low opinion of my fellow GenXers has dropped even further, there are so many people my age who stormed the Capitol building, it's embarrassing and depressing. They made it a family event, mom and her son, having a fun afternoon committing sedition together.

by Anonymousreply 273January 9, 2021 6:01 AM

Some guys take their moms to the Oscars, some take their moms to storm the Capitol

by Anonymousreply 274January 9, 2021 6:03 AM

R270 There was definitely a mix of enabling, colluding, AND conspiring local and federal law enforcement officers, both on and off duty, at the scene.

This will all come out. This was too big of an attack, filmed and photographed by too many people. People have questions, want answers AND justice.

by Anonymousreply 275January 9, 2021 6:04 AM

Sorry. I posted the wrong link at R233.

This is the right one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 9, 2021 6:07 AM

I love him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 9, 2021 6:16 AM

When are more of these white devils going to be arrested?

by Anonymousreply 278January 9, 2021 6:20 AM

How many of these crusted cum stains gonna be sidelined in a hospital with covid before their next little coup attempt?

In 10 days about 2-3% if not more will be presenting symptoms. In less than a month, they will be dead. At least, statistically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 279January 9, 2021 6:24 AM

[quote] How many of these crusted cum stains gonna be sidelined in a hospital with covid before their next little coup attempt?

😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 280January 9, 2021 6:27 AM

The police and the military have a white supremacy problem.

by Anonymousreply 281January 9, 2021 6:30 AM

It's a good thing these MAGAits don't wear masks. Easier to identify.

by Anonymousreply 282January 9, 2021 6:31 AM

Hahahah, watch this MAGAt plummet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 9, 2021 6:51 AM

I know it's a mistake to try to make sense of people who are mentally unstable. And I know that a lot of the problem is plain old hate and racism. But I just can't understand these MAGAt idiots. I guess I could kind of comprehend their anger if Trump had accomplished any of the things he promised his base, or if we had elected AOC or Bernie or a young black radical to be the next president. But Trump didn't build a wall or "lock her up" or anything else he promised his base. And we elected Joe Biden -- an 70-something moderate white guy who ran on a platform of "reaching across the aisle." The deplorables want to destroy the Capitol and execute members of Congress. Why exactly? Because an old, moderate white guy is going to be our next president?

by Anonymousreply 284January 9, 2021 6:58 AM

[quote] I guess I could kind of comprehend their anger if ... if we had elected AOC or Bernie or a young black radical to be the next president.

You are fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 285January 9, 2021 7:09 AM

I watched CNN report of some of the videos earlier and one of them showed a MAGAt who had been inside the Capitol loudly saying that because of the way the police treated the rioters the police were "clearly on their side". I have searched online but I can't find the video.

Anyway - it is obvious the police were on their side and that is very bad.

by Anonymousreply 286January 9, 2021 7:09 AM

[quote]The deplorables want to destroy the Capitol and execute members of Congress. Why exactly? Because an old, moderate white guy is going to be our next president?

No R284. That's not why. Are you serious?

I was going to trying to summarize the situation but I can't be bothered. Suffice to say that I don't think you should post about this topic again.

by Anonymousreply 287January 9, 2021 7:11 AM

Not sure if it has been posted but the police officer who died was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher and succumbed to his injuries:

"During the struggle at the Capitol, Mr Sicknick, 42, was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials who could not discuss the ongoing investigation publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity" .

"He returned to his division office and collapsed," the Capitol Police statement said. "He was taken to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 9, 2021 7:16 AM

R283 You are an incredibly horrible person for posting that clip. I cannot stop laughing!! Thank you.

R284 Pleas pay no attention to the posters between us. I totally get what your point. They don't have a clue about what they're fighting for, or the evil person. I think you nailed it. Thank you, too.

by Anonymousreply 289January 9, 2021 7:18 AM

[quote]The deplorables want to destroy the Capitol and execute members of Congress. Why exactly? Because an old, moderate white guy is going to be our next president?

They genuinely believe the election was stolen and that they've been lied to. There's no nuance in their worldview right now. If you're not with them, you're against them. They're barely even thinking about party affiliation. They see themselves as American Patriots and holy warriors hellbent on saving the soul of the nation. They're fighting a war of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 290January 9, 2021 7:18 AM

R289 here. Sorry for the typos. It's late, I'm tired, and my laptop is dying.

by Anonymousreply 291January 9, 2021 7:19 AM

R289 here. Sorry for the typos. It's late, I'm tired, and my laptop is dying.

by Anonymousreply 292January 9, 2021 7:19 AM

R286, that part is at at 2:37.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 9, 2021 7:23 AM

[quote] They don't have a clue about what they're fighting for, or the evil person. I think you nailed it. Thank you, too.

As you laugh at people plummeting to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 294January 9, 2021 7:23 AM

To hear their arguments, I don't think there's any coming back from this. Especially that one guy who was like, "No one's gonna help us! Only we can do this!" He sounded so desperate and helpless, and he wasn't alone. I don't think any of those people who stormed the Capitol will ever change their minds about the outcome of this election. Who knows what they'll do for the next four years. They'd sooner kill Biden than reach across any aisle.

by Anonymousreply 295January 9, 2021 7:28 AM

[quote] You are fucking insane.

You're misinterpreting me. Read my other posts in other threads. I don't mean that their anger would be justified or that I would share it. Of course not. They would still be morally repugnant and should be locked up and shot on site. I mean that of a crazed, violent wingnut who is racist or hates all things "socialist" or "liberal" will lash out when someone who they see as a threat to their warped and dying worldview is elected. But Biden is a calm, easygoing, moderate old white man. Sure, there was a lot of backlash by the deplorables when Obama was elected, and when Hillary was running, but not to the degree there is now. Somehow, the election of Biden has become the thing that pushed them over the edge -- the worst thing imaginable to these bozos. So much so that now they're even lashing out against Pence and Fox News and the Republicans. It's like they hate everybody and everything except Trump -- a man who didn't even give them any of the things he promised them.

[quote] Pleas pay no attention to the posters between us. I totally get what your point.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 296January 9, 2021 7:32 AM

I suggest we give Donald Trump the Benedict Arnold Treatment.

He's earned it ............

by Anonymousreply 297January 9, 2021 7:46 AM

I was flying today and in Denver waiting for my flight home, I could hear a woman listening to a sort of a preacher on her phone. When I listened more closely, it was sort of a Qanon preacher. Saying, "don't be discouraged by what you heard Trump say, God's will would be done if people kept the faith, etc". I turned around to get a better look at the person listening, and there she was - a woman with the full regalia - Patriot, flag mask, gun insignia, - I think her actual embroidered jacket said Panhandle Patriots (Panhandle of Idaho). I wanted so badly to read her the riot act, but I was afraid we'd get into an altercation and I'd never make my flight home. She appeared to have no shame, no chagrin, no sense of "maybe we went a little too far"......none of that. I'd describe her as a woman of about 35 years - slender and athletic but also trashy. I stayed well away from her after I realized that she must be returning from DC, since there was no doubt this was a superspreader event in addition to every other disgusting aspect of it.

by Anonymousreply 298January 9, 2021 7:54 AM

[quote] The police and the military have a white supremacy problem.

This bothers me most of all. And seeing that a lot of people were in on it. Like the Congressmen, Mo Brooks, and that Congressman who opened the door for the rioters in that one clip; then there were teachers, people you think would be more educated and smarter. It just fathoms the brain. Trump's poison has tentacles everywhere, mostly in Law Enforcement.

Trump knew. They were all planning this big event beforehand and he knew. He had the Patriot Boys over one weekend. This goes way beyond some backwoods country hick, it's deeper and more ingrained in our government and law enforcement and there's deep pockets to fund this. Like who paid for the fancy hotels some of these people stayed at? or the transportation? It's really sickening. Maybe that's why the women in Trump's cabinet resigned.

by Anonymousreply 299January 9, 2021 8:07 AM

R295, the "only us can help us" guy? He has a Three Percenter patch on his sleeve. They were involved in a lot of major news stories like the Bundy standoff and the attempted repeat of the Oklahoma City bombing.

They were also behind the mosque bombing in MN, a failed abortion-clinic bombing in IL, the attempted bombing of an apartment complex housing Somalis, a plot to ambush and kidnap cops in Cleveland, the plot to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, and on and on...

by Anonymousreply 300January 9, 2021 8:09 AM

[quote] Saying, "don't be discouraged by what you heard Trump say, God's will would be done if people kept the faith, etc".

A lot of these "Christian" "patriots" have more faith in Trump than they do in God. If Jesus returned to Earth tomorrow and told them to reject violence, help the poor, and love their neighbor, they'd look Jesus in the eye and say, "Fuck you. I'm listening to Trump." Hell, they'd happily crucify Jesus again while shouting "Trump! Trump! Trump!" Trump is a deity to these people. I still can't quite figure out how Trump, of all people, has achieved that kind of status.

by Anonymousreply 301January 9, 2021 8:10 AM

He hates the same people THEY hate, r301.

They believe he is stopping "those people" from banning their precious religion, confiscating their guns, forcing every white woman to have an abortion, moving Corey Booker in next door, banning red meat and forcing them to eat avocado toast every morning.

It sounds insane to normal people but these aren't normal people. They are a brainwashed, terrified mob of ammosexuals looking to kill "the other".

People who are terrified they will soon be treated the way they have treated everyone else for hundreds of years.

by Anonymousreply 302January 9, 2021 8:26 AM

Fear and hate.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 303January 9, 2021 8:35 AM

I thought I read that they smeared excrement?

by Anonymousreply 304January 9, 2021 8:40 AM

These terrorists look to Trump to protect their white identity.

by Anonymousreply 305January 9, 2021 8:43 AM

[quote]I thought I read that they smeared excrement?

Yup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 9, 2021 8:45 AM

Why do so many white people act like cavemen?

by Anonymousreply 307January 9, 2021 8:46 AM

Well, bless his heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 9, 2021 8:53 AM

That Brooklyn judge's son was spotted back at home. The vid's kinda creepy... like he was being followed or something. You think it's a private eye? Or a neighbor who knows him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 9, 2021 8:53 AM

Thanks r306 what a bunch of sick bastards

by Anonymousreply 310January 9, 2021 8:55 AM

Hahah, this is my favorite Elizabeth meme!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 9, 2021 8:59 AM

R308 See how in tears he is?! That's the reason this won't go away. Those rioters were likely feeling the thrill ISIS recruits felt when they took over land in the desert. Camaraderie and accomplishment and conquering territory.

by Anonymousreply 312January 9, 2021 9:02 AM

The Brooklyn guy looks less of a retard in r309

by Anonymousreply 313January 9, 2021 9:19 AM

I thought I read that they smeared excrement?

I'm not surprised; I saw a photo of a guy holding one of the green bags usually used to bag dog poop; I'll bet he smeared it all over Chuck & Nancy's offices

by Anonymousreply 314January 9, 2021 9:22 AM

Yes they spread shit and piss from one end of the building to the other R314.

Filthy cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 9, 2021 9:31 AM

[quote] They noted on CNN that the guy pictured with the zip ties did not bring them. Instead, they broke open a security box and took them. So while the intentions were obviously not good, they did not come with them.

R235 - Thanks for sharing this! I am SO relieved and now I can sleep better knowing that this guy only “broke open a security box” to take those zip tie handcuffs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 9, 2021 9:49 AM

The awesome K-Popers doing their thing and derailing #WeAreTrump over on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 9, 2021 9:53 AM

R311, that is fantastic! 😂

by Anonymousreply 318January 9, 2021 10:18 AM

R311 I can’t stop watching that. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 319January 9, 2021 10:18 AM

On Brian Williams’ show last night, they reported that Trump is already regretting that he recorded that video about a peaceful transition of power. And now he’s working on a video that will talk about his accomplishments and is planning a trip to Texas to view his border wall.

by Anonymousreply 320January 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Trump and that fucking wall.

by Anonymousreply 321January 9, 2021 10:28 AM

I’m almost scared of going to bed bc I have absolutely no idea what chaos I will wake up to...

by Anonymousreply 322January 9, 2021 10:31 AM

Sleep well, r322, we’re keeping a watchful eye.

by Anonymousreply 323January 9, 2021 10:33 AM

You're right, r267. I happened to find some interesting articles on this very topic today.

"The message to the immigrants was clear. Their wages, work conditions, and the use of armed force to put down their labor protests gave a hint of what lay in store for them if they refused the demand that they assimilate. If more hints were needed, these immigrants had only to think of the genocidal treatment of Native Americans and the ongoing lynchings, degradation, ridicule, and violence to which the so-called Negro was subjected as one also deemed to be mentally and morally unfit, thievish, and licentious.

With their talk of animality and uncivilized ways and their calls for mass extermination, the newspaper stories cited above certainly bore the taint of racial hatred. And the immigrants got the message: assimilate or die. Yet for many, assimilation itself represented a kind of death. One immigrant quoted in W.I. Thomas’s 1921 book Old World Traits Transplanted says, “I have been successful. I have property. My children have superior advantages. But I have lost my life.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 9, 2021 10:54 AM

Same author, Rev. Thandeka:

"Today’s militarized, white hate groups, with their pervasive sense of being threatened, are spiritual descendants of the bands of poorer Southern whites who organized against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate deserters never understood that not even the one thing they held onto as their own—their self-image as whites—actually belonged to them. Rather it was one among many means used by rich men to exploit them.

Today’s white supremacists find themselves in a similar predicament. They sense that something is radically wrong with a governance system that allows almost half the nation’s financial wealth to be owned by one percent of the people".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 9, 2021 11:00 AM

[quote]In doing so, it removed any self-respect they had, because you're right, none of them are very smart and most of them don't have much money, so their self-esteem was probably never high, bravado or not.

I think you need to have a lot of money to:

A) Take time off of work

B) Fly cross-country

C) Stay in a nice hotel

D) Outfit yourself in head-to-toe Trump gear

E) Walk around in tactical armor

by Anonymousreply 326January 9, 2021 11:04 AM

Last one.

If we're ever going to shut this fuckery down, we've got to figure out how we got here. This is a start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327January 9, 2021 11:14 AM

At least three reputable journalists and the Alt WH Staffer types on twitter are claiming foreign actors were involved in the b reach and in breaking in the offices and stealing laptops, and rifling through papers files and desks. Their goal was to keep adding fuel to the fires and inciting the masses to do as much damage as possible. There's no doubt that the RNC and big donors were involved with providing buses and helping to organize this, but even more obvious is the extremists who now inhabit the state Republican parties. This seems to give the appearance of official approval, and gives permission to the masses to go for it. They reinforce one another. But the professionals were also there infiltrating goading agitating and supporting the mobs. Some of the people who were involved were paid to deliver the numbers, make sure the crowds were substantial. One thing is clear. The Republican Party is now the party of Trump and the extreists.

by Anonymousreply 328January 9, 2021 11:27 AM

Maybe law enforcement could take a break from brutalizing innocent people and do their damn job for the first time in four fucking years .

by Anonymousreply 329January 9, 2021 11:52 AM

Typical Repug plan

A: Do something stupid and evil

B: Try to blame someone else

by Anonymousreply 330January 9, 2021 1:22 PM

Typical Repug plan

A: Do something stupid and evil

B: Try to blame someone else

by Anonymousreply 331January 9, 2021 1:22 PM

I read that most of the heads of the RNC are appointed by Trump and they had a celebration with Trump about the Capitol coup. Sickening. It's like he's appointed nothing but loyalists to keep himself in power. I think that's why there were so many resignations. People were just horrified.

We have only 12 more days. Let's pray that nothing else happens. Hopefully, he'll go to Texas and visit his wall and keep preoccupied. If only Covid got him.

by Anonymousreply 332January 9, 2021 1:29 PM

R326, a lot of these people are survivalists and a lot of them make good money, own their own home and have lots of money to buy guns and ammo, which is really expensive. They have thousands of rounds and food for a year or more. That’s not cheap. I’ve read on right wing sites that some of them are IT guys. They are far from poor, they’re just full of anger and hate. These are not gas station attendants.

by Anonymousreply 333January 9, 2021 1:42 PM

Survivalists! Yes! Radicalized white trash.

by Anonymousreply 334January 9, 2021 1:53 PM

" It's like he's appointed nothing but loyalists to keep himself in power. "

How shocking.

by Anonymousreply 335January 9, 2021 1:55 PM

Go fling shit on a mirror r336

by Anonymousreply 337January 9, 2021 2:02 PM

Oooh graffiti R336 so scary

by Anonymousreply 338January 9, 2021 2:08 PM

I get the idea that the main problem these people have is that they live in a kind of hall of mirrors where there is no real news, no change of viewpoint, no curiosity about what is actually going on. They DONT READ the news, really. They get their news from Fox, Facebook and Twitter and they are suckers for what is basically just cynical gossip. Rupert Murdoch is a real part of this problem. Trump was an ideal political figure for these people, because he's crazy, the truth has no meaning for him, he just manufactures whatever lies he needs at any given moment to suit himself and these morons lapped it up, and still are doing so. He's like the TV Wrestling programs - it's ALL fake but it just rolls along (for decades, in the case of wrestling) like something that people are supposed to believe is real. Fox and Trump conned these people into accepting what is obviously bullshit as reality. It's really pretty terrifying. Politics as entertainment, INFOTAINMENT. It's being manipulated by the very rich keep themselves rich and in power. Trump really is a lot like Hitler, ultimately. The fortunate thing for us is that Hitler was a lot smarter than Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 339January 9, 2021 2:15 PM

R336, WTF? A Civil war and insurrection by a crazy person in power is far worse. At least BLM could be arrested, the police gave free reign to the white mob to trash our Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 340January 9, 2021 2:20 PM

Potential 2024 presidential candidate, Nikki Haley, expresses her measured disapproval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 9, 2021 2:26 PM

^She is DEFINITELY running. Keep your eyes on that.

by Anonymousreply 342January 9, 2021 2:30 PM

I worry about turning to stone or going blind, r342.

by Anonymousreply 343January 9, 2021 2:32 PM

r341,Coincidently, She resigned right after the Khashoggi murder.

by Anonymousreply 344January 9, 2021 2:57 PM

It pains me think that Biden needs to be inaugurated in some other place like the Oval Office. Presidents have been inaugurated in places other than the the steps of the Capitol. But I also hate the idea of even appearing to give into these feral trumpers and the fear they are trying to inflict. It’s so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 345January 9, 2021 3:01 PM

I completely disagree R345. Biden needs to be inaugurated on the steps of the Capitol. It is an iconic American moment and Biden deserves to experience it. Not to mention that it’s important to show the country, and the world, that the terrorists did not succeed and that the Biden administration will not be intimidated. Taking the oath of office in a bunker or an office building sends a very weak message.

The inauguration is a high security event run by every federal agency and police and military from multiple states. They test the grounds for radiation in the days leading up to it. There are snipers on every roof within a 10 block radius.

by Anonymousreply 346January 9, 2021 3:09 PM

What Trump really thinks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 9, 2021 3:11 PM

We’re gonna need a bigger prison to hold all the traitorous scum.

by Anonymousreply 348January 9, 2021 3:24 PM

They've arrested the Podium Thief. Stay at Home house husband, with 5 kids. Unemployed "furniture maker" from Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 9, 2021 3:35 PM

These domestic terrorists(which is what they are) are born and bred on hatred hating someone gets them off so they'll always find someone to focus on.

by Anonymousreply 350January 9, 2021 3:37 PM

There was a reporter on CNN who was laughing about the FBI asking for the public's help in capturing these hoodlums. He said he's been covering these groups for years and it's the same people. He can identify them and can even tell you where they live but they don't ask experts. However, the public has really come through as well identifying these creeps.

by Anonymousreply 351January 9, 2021 3:45 PM

^People on twitter were identifying them handily the day after the riot happened; it's clear that the instigators of the trouble in the crowd were well-known to many folks.

by Anonymousreply 352January 9, 2021 3:50 PM

I don’t understand why they were allowed to fly home before getting arrested! If I had to be on a plane with these creeps I’d be extremely pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 353January 9, 2021 3:50 PM

The airlines need to set up major security screenings for anyone flying to DC the next two weeks

by Anonymousreply 354January 9, 2021 3:53 PM

R352, but shouldn't the FBI know these people better than a journalist?

by Anonymousreply 355January 9, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote]I don’t understand why they were allowed to fly home before getting arrested!

Why do you think? It's the same reason why they were allowed to stroll into the Capitol and smear shit and piss all over the place. It's the same reason why a few DLers want to have sex with them.

by Anonymousreply 356January 9, 2021 3:53 PM

R355 people think of the FBI as this high tech, Jason Bourne-esque organization and it just isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 357January 9, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote] Why do you think? It's the same reason why they were allowed to stroll into the Capitol and smear shit and piss all over the place. It's the same reason why a few DLers want to have sex with them.

There's that simple thinking again. Nuanced thinking has flown out the window.

Same as the people ranting that the officer who shot the maganut was suspended following the shooting because he was black or because she was white. Same mentality. No thinking. None.

by Anonymousreply 358January 9, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote] People on twitter were identifying them handily the day after the riot happened; it's clear that the instigators of the trouble in the crowd were well-known to many folks.

Well duh. Unless these people were Ted Kaszinski's roommates then of course people knew them. What's your point?

The FBI is gathering evidence and that includes gathering contacts from people who know these idiots. You know, as in witnesses. They can all expect to be interviewed at some point.

by Anonymousreply 359January 9, 2021 4:03 PM

Here's my take. We have a lot of mentally unstable people out here. Trump and his shitkickers have been exploiting them for the past four years. He does it by stoking up fear. He does it by peddling ridiculous lies and by making Conspiracy web sites legitimate news sources for these assholes. Now. Add to that the Virus. quaratine, losing jobs, housing instability, etc. and they he tells them fuck it. Don't wear masks. Everything will be fine. It will go away. They needed to hear that. The defiance and the false sense of security comforted them. Trump I believe help to instigate the violence and the vandalism this summer against the BLM protests. He got some great video footage. He used it for commercials for his campaign. So for months he saturated the loonies with "Defund the police" and Biden will shut down the economy and you'll be fucked. and they believed him. There's this condition called oppositional defiant disorder, and a lot of these loons felt Donald was the only guy who cared about them, even though he was lying and killing them. I don't know how you de program them. But regulating social media, and dismantling every fucking website or platform preaching these lies and hate shit is step one. The other thing they need to do is decertify the RNC which has become his vehicle. The more moderate GOP needs a new party or they need to purge the RNC and expel these cretins.

by Anonymousreply 360January 9, 2021 4:04 PM

R325

[quote] poorer Southern whites who organized against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and then as canon fodder.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 361January 9, 2021 4:05 PM

These insurrectionists are weak as a mob. The disorganized way they handled themselves during the raid shows they are mostly simple-minded criminals. The risk here is that so many more are so radicalized now and they will become lone shooters.

by Anonymousreply 362January 9, 2021 4:06 PM

^^^Pachelbel damnit.

by Anonymousreply 363January 9, 2021 4:06 PM

Thread from congressman Tim Ryan, who is in charge of the investigation of the capitol police. He says the vast majority of officers were doing their jobs against the terrorists. Those in command, on the other hand, seem compromised. They were unprepared on purpose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 9, 2021 4:07 PM

The “Incitement of Insurrection” tour is coming to a capitol near you! Order your tickets at Ticketmaster! Visit us on Parler! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 365January 9, 2021 4:11 PM

FWIW, I’ve appeared as a lawyer in front of that Brooklyn Judge Mostofsky (before he got booted out of the court where I work and moved to another courthouse). He’s the most incompetent and nasty piece of shit I’ve ever practiced in front of - and I’ve been working for 15 years. No one compares to Mostoksky. He’s elected by the orthodox community - it’s disgusting he is deciding cases.

Not surprised that his son is also a crazy piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 366January 9, 2021 4:11 PM

Wow, I assumed Pachelbach was deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 367January 9, 2021 4:16 PM

"Nuanced thinking has flown out the window."

Coming from someone who wouldn't know a nuanced thought if it bit you on the ass....

by Anonymousreply 368January 9, 2021 4:16 PM

Just say you were going for a mash-up, r363.

by Anonymousreply 369January 9, 2021 4:17 PM

Police arrested the guy who stole Nancy Pelosi's podium

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 9, 2021 4:21 PM

Openly gay rep David Cicilline is leading the fight to impeach Trump again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 9, 2021 4:23 PM

Look who's lying:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 9, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote]There's that simple thinking again. Nuanced thinking has flown out the window.

Then you explain it, oh wise one?

Explain why some groups are met with riot gear, while others aren't? And I'm not against riot gear, but let's apply it equally.

by Anonymousreply 373January 9, 2021 4:40 PM

R308 o.m.g.

“We took it -we too-we did it!” :heaves:

These people really thought it was going to end right there and that they would rule.

by Anonymousreply 374January 9, 2021 4:51 PM

R309 They need to get his ass.

by Anonymousreply 375January 9, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote] Not as bad as what BLM and Antifa did all summer. People are still wiping graffiti off of buildings.

Oh, aren’t you cute and clever, R336.

The BLM protests were infiltrated by these same national-anarchists and fascists, who saw a perfect opportunity to undermine the message of the protests while simultaneously letting out their pent up rage. Some of them were clever in their disguises and others didn’t give a fuck to show who they were, plowing into peaceful crowds with cars and pickup trucks. I’m sure many of the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol were also responsible for the chias that erupted during the BLM protests. In fact, there’s video proving it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376January 9, 2021 5:03 PM

Where was BLM during the Capitol terrorist attack?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 9, 2021 5:04 PM

That Qnut dude with the horns was at the BLM protests too

by Anonymousreply 378January 9, 2021 5:12 PM

R378 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 379January 9, 2021 5:21 PM

Zip tie guy took down his social media but it's full of violent imagery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380January 9, 2021 5:27 PM

SOrry if this has alredy been posted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381January 9, 2021 5:29 PM

This is why we need prosecution. Actions without consequences inspire more actions:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 9, 2021 5:32 PM

R382 Wow.

by Anonymousreply 383January 9, 2021 5:35 PM

From R381: "A post about the event in Pittsburgh included pictures of stockpiles of ammunition, the Alethea report said."

Fuck. That plus R382 makes me think they're going to try another synagogue hit here.

by Anonymousreply 384January 9, 2021 5:39 PM

I think he was going for "covfefe" and the tattoo artist misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 385January 9, 2021 5:42 PM

I think he was going for "covfefe" and the tattoo artist misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 386January 9, 2021 5:42 PM

How much of this can be blamed on the fact that we can no longer force people like this into mental hospitals where they belong?

by Anonymousreply 387January 9, 2021 5:43 PM

How much of this can be blamed on the fact that we can no longer force people like this into mental hospitals where they belong?

by Anonymousreply 388January 9, 2021 5:43 PM

r388, most of these people aren't mentally ill. They're just assholes.

by Anonymousreply 389January 9, 2021 5:48 PM

r388, most of these people aren't mentally ill. They're just assholes.

by Anonymousreply 390January 9, 2021 5:48 PM

Read this and you should feel better about the inauguration

The security is planned for a year in advance by career officials, not Trump goons

Seems like they’re prepared for anything and everything

Interestingly, one says they’re more concerned with the months after the inauguration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 9, 2021 6:01 PM

They should move the inauguration to Scranton or Wilmington. No one would voluntarily go to one of those places.

by Anonymousreply 392January 9, 2021 6:13 PM

I can’t stop laughing at the grandma 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393January 9, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]the elasticity of vague ideas is their strength.

Thanks r393. That does pretty much sum it up.

by Anonymousreply 394January 9, 2021 6:33 PM

Jake Angeli arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 9, 2021 7:19 PM

The Capital building is wired to the max. Sophisticated wi-fi networks. Most of those who entered the building that day carried cell phones and unless they were turned off, their phones automatically would have “joined” the guest wi-fi network. So easy to track them, it’s almost comical.

by Anonymousreply 396January 9, 2021 7:31 PM

Elizabeth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 9, 2021 7:38 PM

Kirstie Pig Alley needs attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398January 9, 2021 7:43 PM

An odd bit to consider:

[quote]So let's be clear: on top of the obvious, the story that the media has the duty to investigate on right now is that of the Russian mother and daughter arrested during riots. The mother didn't even speak English. This reeks of the usual: Russian interference. - Ale

[quote]2. Kristina Malimon, the daughter, is the vice chairwoman of young Republicans Oregon. She has photos with Roger Stone and Candace Owens. And we all know Roger Stone was deep in Russian collusion. Wake up and smell the coffee.

[quote]3. Stone had direct contacts with Wikileaks over illegal release of Clinton material that was stolen by then. The US Govt, even the Trump one, was clear that Wikileaks is a Russian intelligence op front. Pelosi's laptop and other NATSEC relevant material was stolen during coup.

Some of the tweets in the thread talk about mail-order Russian brides and how many Russians live in western Oregon. I thought this was interesting as well:

[quote]I wasn't trying to veer away from you but instead agree. I knew two guards at the NSA fired for getting Russian brides and not putting it on their security clearances. I understand it to be popular among law enforcement types, and a great way for RU to infiltrate - Jorge Villalobos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 9, 2021 7:48 PM

Alex Jones confirms the White House planned the terrorist attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 9, 2021 7:54 PM

Frank Rich straight up calls them "trash" in his latest article on the NEW YORK MAGAZINE site.

by Anonymousreply 401January 9, 2021 7:57 PM

Another zip tie guy spotted. The bullshit line one of them said about “finding” them is bullshit. They walked into the Capitol with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 9, 2021 8:00 PM

I wish I could find the video again, but last summer Jake Chansely, aka Angeli was being interviewed at one of the Hillary-eats-babies rallies and the reporter asked him to spell his name. His eyes lit up and you could tell that he, the failed actor, had been waiting for that question. His well-rehearsed answer:

"Jake Angeli [spells it out] An ANGEL with an EYE." And when he said "eye," he raised one eyebrow and pointed from his eye to hers, in the "I'm watching you" manner.

I didn't rewatch the AZ Republic video I posted above, and I don't remember him doing it in that one, but it seemed to be something he really looked forward to answering, not realizing it was only to get the spelling right and 99.999% of the time it would be edited out.

SAD!

by Anonymousreply 403January 9, 2021 8:03 PM

Phone calls placed from inside the White House are logged, right?

[quote]Do you remember when Donald Trump rushed home, skipping his NYE party at Mar-a-Lago, to finalize details for January 6? I am curious whether he worked with the leadership of the right wing groups in the Oval Office to hatch any parts of the strategic plan.

[quote]To whom was he placing his many, many calls? And with whom was he having his many, many meetings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404January 9, 2021 8:09 PM

Is Pence ever going to speak to Trump again face to face? It would be kind of awkward after your boss has egged on his white trash army to murder you, no?

by Anonymousreply 405January 9, 2021 8:10 PM

And Jake met Rudy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406January 9, 2021 8:11 PM

R402 Incredible.

by Anonymousreply 407January 9, 2021 8:15 PM

R372 She’s such a dumb bitch. Hillary Clinton doesn’t give a fuck about that stupid cunt

by Anonymousreply 408January 9, 2021 8:36 PM

From r395...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409January 9, 2021 8:41 PM

When they were doing the validation of the election after this riot, when Pence first starts talking, he’s heavy breathing and looks flushed. He was probably having a panic attack and his blood pressure was probably through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 410January 9, 2021 8:49 PM

Kirstie Alley is the reason the word *irrelevant* was invented, r398.

by Anonymousreply 411January 9, 2021 8:54 PM

R402, others probably brought ties, but the famous photo of the guy who had the numerous ties in his hand was shot right after he had broken into a locker and stole them. That came directly from the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 412January 9, 2021 8:56 PM

They pushed me down and maced me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 9, 2021 9:05 PM

She obviously has not a drop of self control. She is just like those 400 pound lazy fat fuckers that take all of the motorized carts because they are too lazy to walk. I have MS and have to limp painfully through the grocery store. Makes me want to tip their fat asses over and snatch tne bag of chips that they scarf down as they shop.

by Anonymousreply 414January 9, 2021 9:06 PM

She obviously has not a drop of self control. She is just like those 400 pound lazy fat fuckers that take all of the motorized carts because they are too lazy to walk. I have MS and have to limp painfully through the grocery store. Makes me want to tip their fat asses over and snatch tne bag of chips that they scarf down as they shop.

by Anonymousreply 415January 9, 2021 9:06 PM

Alley's twitter feed after the riots were pretty telling. She's dead to us.

by Anonymousreply 416January 9, 2021 9:09 PM

R412. Is zip tie man the one who brought his mommy with him?

I need a flow chart to keep these stupid fuckers straight.

by Anonymousreply 417January 9, 2021 9:10 PM

They're planning a Million Militia March

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 9, 2021 9:16 PM

R410, did Pence walk in from someplace else up to the podium? I was in my car waiting to pick up something, and I was listening on my phone. There was lots of background noise because I was in a busy parking lot. Pence’s deep breaths were so pronounced I could hear them over everything else in the vicinity. I was wondering if he was running all over the building, or moments from having a heart attack, or what. For quite some time, he continued to breathe heavily, although he was trying to control it. I missed seeing the video.

by Anonymousreply 419January 9, 2021 9:25 PM

R419 not sure where he was coming from. Looked to me like a combo of adrenaline and panic.

by Anonymousreply 420January 9, 2021 9:28 PM

The chief of the capitol police should be removed immediately and arrested. He planned this.

Read this article about black officers in the Capitol. One says the chief did not give them instructions and wasn’t even on the radio.

The chief should not be allowed to stay on until the 16th. This is urgent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 9, 2021 9:35 PM

One of the ugliest groups on the planet - The Treasonous Unwashed Motherfuckers.

A mugshot of the WTTN = White Trash Terrorist Nation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 9, 2021 9:35 PM

I want to see more mugshots!

by Anonymousreply 423January 9, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]Kirstie Alley is the reason the word *irrelevant* was invented

Scientology is the reason the word *irrelevant* was invented

by Anonymousreply 424January 9, 2021 9:41 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ, r421!

by Anonymousreply 425January 9, 2021 9:42 PM

I was duped into believing the militia wasn't there. This needs to be everywhere. Thanks for posting, r421

"...the veteran officer said that they had fought them off for two hours before the attackers eventually gained access. The officer, who has been with the department for more than a decade, said that many of the widely spread images of smiling marauders, many in absurd costumes, wandering around the halls downplayed how well prepared some of the rioters were to overtake the building, and even capture and kill Congress members.

“That was a heavily trained group of militia terrorists that attacked us," he said. "They had radios, we found them, they had two-way communicators and earpieces. They had bear spray. They had flash bangs ...They were prepared. They strategically put two IEDs, pipe bombs in two different locations. These guys were military trained. A lot of them were former military,” the veteran said, referring to two suspected pipe bombs that were found outside the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committee.

The officer even described coming face to face with police officers from across the country in the mob. He said some of them flashed the badges, telling him to let them through, and trying to explain that this was all part of a movement that was supposed to help".

by Anonymousreply 426January 9, 2021 9:43 PM

Incredible article r421.

by Anonymousreply 427January 9, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote]Trump-appointed Pentagon officials rename assault on Capitol—prepare to be outraged

[quote]The Pentagon is calling Wednesday’s events “First Amendment Protests.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 9, 2021 9:57 PM

On the bottom row of R422, who are the 3rd and 4th men?

They look even hotter than Jake Angeli!

by Anonymousreply 429January 9, 2021 9:57 PM

Have the inauguration move to djt’s hotel and have proud boys destroy that.

by Anonymousreply 430January 9, 2021 10:09 PM

There were definitely experienced militias in there. They were able to blend in with the other group of unwashed rednecks. That’s what makes them so dangerous. Luckily a few photographers caught shots of the zip tie guys.

And cops being part of this is nothing new. Ask any black person.

by Anonymousreply 431January 9, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote]There were definitely experienced militias in there.

I posted this video at R300. A Three Percenter patch is clearly visible on the guy's right sleeve starting at 00:20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432January 9, 2021 10:17 PM

For those who don't know what they're looking for:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 9, 2021 10:20 PM

Interesting Twitter thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 9, 2021 10:23 PM

I read this on Twitter and it is so true:

I feel for MAGA. They trust these idiots lying to them, gaslighting them, conning them. They’ve whipped them up into a frenzy but the elected republicans or conservative media will not pay a price- those they’ve gaslighted, lied to, conned will be in jail, lose jobs, and so on. They TRUST these people.

We believe 2000 and 2016 was stolen with far more evidence (which is zero) than they have about 2020. Yet, we were not lied to and whipped into a frenzy about this AND we didn’t storm the Capitol to overthrow our govt and try to kill representatives.

by Anonymousreply 435January 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Here we go. Live video from San Diego:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 9, 2021 10:28 PM

Footage of a knife-wielding fuck being beaten and chased off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437January 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Breaking on CNN; FBI is investigating involvement of Fire Department of New York.

by Anonymousreply 438January 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Holy shit r438

Jesus Christ. The rot runs deep

by Anonymousreply 439January 9, 2021 10:43 PM

[quote]Footage of a knife-wielding fuck being beaten

with SKATEBOARDS, you failed to say.

by Anonymousreply 440January 9, 2021 10:44 PM

Watchdog Group Demands Probe Of Capitol Police After Disturbing Footage Emerges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 9, 2021 10:46 PM

The left really needs to not engage with these mobs. We don’t need to muddy the waters and give the GOP an out to say “see! Both sides are violent!”

by Anonymousreply 442January 9, 2021 10:47 PM

R439 Shocking but surprising?

Less so with firefighters, white nationalists, sociopaths, authoritarian types have infiltrated law enforcement in increasing numbers. They’ve always been drawn to and employed by them, but the radical types now being recruited now is off the charts. Police are right wing radicalized. Anybody who is not conservative is not welcome. POC, women who are a part of police depts are a part of this. Again, you are bullied if you are not a part of the radical conservative element if you are a police officer. Recruiting more POC or women in police will NOT change because of this.

by Anonymousreply 443January 9, 2021 10:49 PM

R442 I would usually agree with that. But, I fear the police, law enforcement, military etc ain’t gonna save us.

Many of the safe guards in place have eroded.

by Anonymousreply 444January 9, 2021 10:52 PM

The NYPD and FDNY is filled to the brim with racist guidos from Long Island

by Anonymousreply 445January 9, 2021 11:00 PM

R445 What is so shocking, and sad, about that is it was Dems who fought tooth and nail for their 9/11 health fund when republicans were blocking it.

by Anonymousreply 446January 9, 2021 11:06 PM

Black Capitol police officers were called racist names by the mob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447January 9, 2021 11:06 PM

R442 Underappreciated in all this chaos is how the left DID NOT take the bait on Wednesday. The word to MAGA world and its many white supremacist kooks was to be in DC on Wed and to get ready to take over the capitol.

The left, rarely coherent (meaning with collectively agree upon talking points and strategies) specifically asked folks to stay home. Conflict with leftists would be portrayed as a threat to security and given Trump and his ilk rationale for declaring martial law. Martial law and "capturing the capitol" was part of the MAFAt strategy on Wednesday.

It didn't work out as plans. It's not offer, and the left just needs to stay home, watch TV and see Trump and Trumpers self-destruct.

by Anonymousreply 448January 9, 2021 11:25 PM

Cleveland Meredith arrested after stating he was planning to put a bullet in Pelosi's head on live TV at the insurrection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 9, 2021 11:40 PM

R446 racism trumps logic for those people.

by Anonymousreply 450January 9, 2021 11:49 PM

What would make them boast so openly like that? Their white privilege will be shut down in 11 days.

by Anonymousreply 451January 9, 2021 11:50 PM

Weird how these tough guys are so threatened by an 80-year-old grandma like Pelosi

by Anonymousreply 452January 9, 2021 11:50 PM

The LA Times has a short interview with historian Kathleen Belew about [italic]the Turner Diaries[/italic] and links between the novel and Wednesday's events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 9, 2021 11:51 PM

Pence and Pelosi have contacted the family of the late Trumper and made arrangements for his memorial.

Trump has not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 9, 2021 11:53 PM

Cleveland Meredith put up a QAnon billboard in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 9, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]I would usually agree with that. But, I fear the police, law enforcement, military etc ain’t gonna save us.

All the more reason no to be out on the streets confronting the nutcases.

by Anonymousreply 456January 10, 2021 12:02 AM

R454 That story enrages me. That's all I can say about it.

by Anonymousreply 457January 10, 2021 12:06 AM

I need to see a picture of this Cleveland Meredith fucker. His name sounds like somebody who wears. Nik-Nik shirts with too short pants and white tube socks.

by Anonymousreply 458January 10, 2021 12:07 AM

Cleveland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459January 10, 2021 12:08 AM

They were able to get away with things because they've been under the radar, people didn't take them seriously but I believe they have mobilized A LOT of people-- and very talented ones-- to find them and be involved.

I am so impressed with the internet sleuths who were able to track these people and help the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 460January 10, 2021 12:10 AM

Source is from this series of tweets where you can also see the tattoo artist from Illinois.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 10, 2021 12:10 AM

Meredith could go to FEDERAL prison for a LONG, LONG time. It's "straight" time too, no parole, no 2 for 1 for days served.

by Anonymousreply 462January 10, 2021 12:17 AM

We need to start thinking of these insurrection leaders as internal Osama Bin Ladiens. And recognize that they are not hiding overseas in caves. They are right here among us, and want to dismantle the US Government. There seems to be a lot of people thinking it will be over soon, Trump will be out, let's just move on. NO. They are continuing to plot. We need a massive counter-terrorism effort to weed them out and prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 463January 10, 2021 12:31 AM

I've seen some of the videos, they were shouting the same thing "This will go down in history!" etc.. They seem to genuinely think they're freedom fighters and defenders of democracy. To them literally everyone from Biden to Pelosi to Pence is a cartoon villain in their own little fantasy land and they're the rag-tag bunch of loveable misfits that are saving the country. They're constantly pleading with cops to stand with them, "be on the right side of history!" flagrantly unaware of the ugly irony of it all.

by Anonymousreply 464January 10, 2021 12:35 AM

I've seen some of the videos, they were shouting the same thing "This will go down in history!" etc.. They seem to genuinely think they're freedom fighters and defenders of democracy. To them literally everyone from Biden to Pelosi to Pence is a cartoon villain in their own little fantasy land and they're the rag-tag bunch of loveable misfits that are saving the country. They're constantly pleading with cops to stand with them, "be on the right side of history!" flagrantly unaware of the ugly irony of it all.

by Anonymousreply 465January 10, 2021 12:35 AM

^ And putting them in prison for a few years will be just like Guantanamo, creating a cadre of unemployable middle-age malcontents, who will have nothing to do but sneak around blowing shit up under cover of darkness for the rest of their lives. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 466January 10, 2021 12:36 AM

Isn’t the penalty for sedition death? The founding fathers seemed very clear on that.

by Anonymousreply 467January 10, 2021 12:41 AM

I'm just sick of these losers, screaming about their "freedom" being endangered like their living through a Stalinist purge. Carrying on like they're the only people who matter, the only ones with any grievances or problems. And it's always everyone else's fault, never their own. Others are "taking" their liberties and lives from them - on what fucking planet?

The way they're reacting to the fallout from their self-described "peaceful respectful takeover", with the doxxing, investigation, and arrests - with shock and indignation - shows how extremely entitled, dumb and out-of-touch they all are.

If they show up again on the 19th or 20th to disrupt and cause mayhem, they better be ready to be violently spurned in the worst way. They have no excuse to be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 468January 10, 2021 12:44 AM

Ransom note from moderate GOP requesting Nancy not impeach

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 10, 2021 12:45 AM

They're showing some MAGAts who boasted on Social Media about entering the Capitol, looking remorseful after being arrested and crying like little kids.

by Anonymousreply 470January 10, 2021 12:46 AM

^R467 These people are NOT going to get the death penalty, don't be ridiculous. The one who killed the police officer with the fire extinguisher might get life in the Pen, IF they can ID and convict him; the old guy with the Molotovs might get 10 years, the guy who threatened to kill Pelosi will get 20 - 30, etc., but the rest will get 5 years, max, esp the ones with clean(ish) records.. Wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 471January 10, 2021 12:47 AM

THE FUCKING NERVE @469

by Anonymousreply 472January 10, 2021 12:50 AM

Re r469: fuck off, idiots. The time to call for fairness and deliberate, careful hearings and airing of evidence is loooong past. The need for speedy impeachment, and a potential conviction in the Senate even if a longshot, is dire here.

Even if the 20th passes without further heavy incident, the new incoming President deserves to have shit behind him as much as possible to he can get on with the business of cleaning everything up and governing, without the hanging distraction/s. He needs a clean slate - a quick impeachment will help accomplish this.

by Anonymousreply 473January 10, 2021 12:51 AM

[quote]Ransom note from moderate GOP requesting Nancy not impeach

Impeaching the man who incited an invasion of the U.S. Capitol = divisive

Telling 80 million Americans their votes don’t count = not divisive

by Anonymousreply 474January 10, 2021 12:53 AM

Just a couple of things. I don't think Joe should interfere and I know that he wouldn't. He knows he was not there with those leaders and what must have been going on in their minds wearing gas masks, ducking on the floor, running for your life. Nancy got a real scare and Biden would never try to interfere with something like that, also because I think off camera he thinks it is merited. And then there's the don't fall for it---it's clear they don't care about anything to with healing and only about those nut voters who they know will run away once Trump can no longer run for office and they will lose interest. Long term solution is best for him be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 475January 10, 2021 1:01 AM

There’s about to be a whole lotta handwringing in Staten Island!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 10, 2021 1:01 AM

Justice and accountability before healing.

by Anonymousreply 477January 10, 2021 1:02 AM

You’d think it’s impossible or at least very difficult to “heal” without any justice.... 🙄

by Anonymousreply 478January 10, 2021 1:06 AM

When Pence was in a bunker in the Capitol hiding out with his family, Trump didn't reach out or try to check on him at all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479January 10, 2021 1:08 AM

I still cannot believe these fuckers were so stupid as to post their pictures all over social media.

Dud they seriously think nothing would happen to them?

by Anonymousreply 480January 10, 2021 1:10 AM

R467 R471 The next two weeks are going to get pretty weird. I can see Trump giving blanket pardons for the rioters. Unlikely that all the perps will be arrested and charged before Trump leaves. Like his own onanistic self-pardon (and for his kids), I guess he'll pardon for all charges made in the future? Not sure how all that works.

by Anonymousreply 481January 10, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote]When Pence was in a bunker in the Capitol hiding out with his family, Trump didn't reach out or try to check on him at all

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 482January 10, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]When Pence was in a bunker in the Capitol hiding out with his family, Trump didn't reach out or try to check on him at all

He can't really be shocked by that, can he?

by Anonymousreply 483January 10, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote] still cannot believe these fuckers were so stupid as to post their pictures all over social media. Dud they seriously think nothing would happen to them?

Even with all of the dishonorable discharges and drug bust and illegitimate babies, it was always someone else’s fault. It never occurred to most of the, that, among their own, they would have to individually be accountable because they refused to listen when the world was shouting at the, that they are at the top of an inequitable power structure. They all assumed their superiority is preordained and not systemic.

They felt they were re-claiming a stolen glory—it was unfathomable that they might fail.

by Anonymousreply 484January 10, 2021 1:33 AM

I do, so what this the be correct!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 10, 2021 1:54 AM

R485 huh? Can you rephrase that please?

by Anonymousreply 486January 10, 2021 1:59 AM

Apologies.

“So, so want this to be correct”

by Anonymousreply 487January 10, 2021 2:04 AM

Screw unity and healing. That GOP memo would be better if it called for the resignation of the traitors on their own team.

And Biden, respectfully, has his own branch of government. If the legislature seems to impeach, he should not get involved.

by Anonymousreply 488January 10, 2021 2:13 AM

Thanks r487! And I agree

by Anonymousreply 489January 10, 2021 2:19 AM

Isn’t it interesting how these and the “Dump is Done” threads have been crossed out...

by Anonymousreply 490January 10, 2021 4:37 AM

Have they found the old snatch who dressed up as the Statue of Liberty yet? She's been haunting my nightmares since Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 491January 10, 2021 6:24 AM

R490 Not crossed out for me. Your settings must be on "delicate flower."

by Anonymousreply 492January 10, 2021 7:41 AM

R492 Asbestos and they’re all still crossed out.

by Anonymousreply 493January 10, 2021 8:05 AM

[quote]There seems to be a lot of people thinking it will be over soon

The Beer Hall Putsch was in November, 1923.

The Nazis came to power in 1933.

by Anonymousreply 494January 10, 2021 8:46 AM

Where was the unity and healing when the motherfuckers kept up their charade of contesting the election?

by Anonymousreply 495January 10, 2021 12:30 PM

Pramila Jayapal totally called this when she took down Barr over the summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 10, 2021 12:37 PM

R493 You're right, mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 497January 10, 2021 1:07 PM

R496 Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 498January 10, 2021 1:19 PM

Roger Stone isn’t getting enough attention. It’s obvious he had a VERY big role in this. He’s trumps liaison to the proud boys. It’s highly possible he was able to give them details of the capitol such as office locations, side entrances. It’s not like he’s a stranger to the building. I hope the FBI is giving him a good look.

by Anonymousreply 499January 10, 2021 2:20 PM

Freshmen congresswoman who is a Qanon loon was live tweeting the location of pelosi and other house members

She needs to be expelled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 10, 2021 2:28 PM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 501January 10, 2021 2:36 PM

Second death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502January 10, 2021 3:16 PM

He knew shit and was eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 503January 10, 2021 3:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 10, 2021 3:23 PM

In that article posted at R421, one of the officers interviewed said cops from other parts of the country would show their badges to them and say hey, let us in, trust us, this is a good thing.

I think some of the Capitol police who opened doors and gates for these guys fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 505January 10, 2021 3:23 PM

That's terrible, R502.

Unfortunately the question now is whether this officer took his own life after the trauma of dealing with the coup, or because he was one of the cops who helped the insurrectionists try to overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 506January 10, 2021 3:25 PM

A photo of Officer Liebengood from Getty as he was working with kids in 2008.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507January 10, 2021 3:27 PM

The officer who committed suicide was the son of a long time senate sargeant at arms who become an ally of Paul manafort.

Why did this officer commit suicide? Guilt?

I feel we haven’t even scratched the surface on what happened on 1/6 and the weeks leading up to it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508January 10, 2021 4:06 PM

Person in House lockdown during Capitol riots may have exposed lawmakers to coronavirus, attending physician says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509January 10, 2021 4:53 PM

The plot sickens.

by Anonymousreply 510January 10, 2021 4:57 PM

The guy who was caught on video chasing a cop has been arrested. Shockingly, he appears to be a QAnon nut and not Antifa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511January 10, 2021 5:16 PM

A DHS whistleblower warned us months ago that reports of the danger of white supremacy were being suppressed by Trump appointees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 10, 2021 5:18 PM

Letter from the Chairman of the Nye County (NV) GOP. This is truly insane, he insists that Trump will be president for 4 more years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Gun-toting "militia" assholes protesting in Kentucky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514January 10, 2021 5:32 PM

These are the kind of people asking for "unity"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515January 10, 2021 5:37 PM

The last few months are peppered with some truly sickening shit.

by Anonymousreply 516January 10, 2021 5:44 PM

Trump called Pence a "pussy" - does that mean Trump will grab him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517January 10, 2021 6:09 PM

This deserves attention:

“Man, this is hard to watch. This video appears to show a police officer being dragged down the stairs face down while Trump supporters beat him to a pulp, even using American flags. Unclear if this was Officer Sicknick but this is deeply disturbing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518January 10, 2021 6:10 PM

Fuck unity. I don't want unity with these people. I want them driven out, and all of their enablers should go with them. Maybe Greenland, maybe somewhere in the middle of the Sahara. Exile them. They bring nothing to America, they take and destroy.

Immigrants can take their jobs, and probably do them better - if they had jobs, that is.

by Anonymousreply 519January 10, 2021 6:16 PM

What have the people of Greenland ever done to you, R519?

by Anonymousreply 520January 10, 2021 6:26 PM

That's an iconic shot for the history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 10, 2021 6:36 PM

R519 Unity... is a topic for discussion, analysis, study, strategies... in a few weeks. Right now "unity" that dissembles, that excuses lawlessness, that glosses over the white nationalist violent and terrorist appeal of the President... that kind of "unity" makes the problem worse, and makes eventual real unity much more difficult to achieve.

It's an historic moment. Many Americans are stepping up. Many are not.

by Anonymousreply 522January 10, 2021 7:28 PM

Professional douche Charlie Kirk sent out a tweet saying he sent 80 busses of "patriots" to the riots, then deleted said tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 10, 2021 8:22 PM

Camp Auschwitz has been identified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 10, 2021 9:34 PM

R524 Preppy country club republicans, white evangelical Christians, Duck Dynasty hillbillies, Nazis, QANON cos-play freaks, incels....

It was a big tent of MAGA that all... all... called for blood.

by Anonymousreply 525January 10, 2021 9:40 PM

Apologies if this bystanders report has already been posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 10, 2021 10:09 PM

Capitol Riot Karens being arrested at baggage claim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527January 10, 2021 10:18 PM

R527 o.m.g.

by Anonymousreply 528January 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Wait, what accent does that second woman have? (You should make a thread just for this.)

by Anonymousreply 529January 10, 2021 10:28 PM

That's actually two women who assaulted flight attendants in November. Not from Wednesday.

It's still quite satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 530January 10, 2021 10:28 PM

Oh, darn! Thanks for setting me straight R530. Still very funny.

by Anonymousreply 531January 10, 2021 10:31 PM

R530 And I just created a thread for it. /facepalm

Still, what is the accent?

by Anonymousreply 532January 10, 2021 10:31 PM

Here is the real one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 10, 2021 10:47 PM

Analysis of why Nancy may not send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate immediately

[quote] House majority whip Jim Clyburn, who has reportedly been urging caution, laid out the case on CNN’s State of the Union Sunday morning: “Mitch McConnell is a pretty good legislator. And he’s doing what he thinks he needs to do to be disruptive of President Biden. But I would say to Mitch McConnell: Nancy Pelosi is smarter than that. We’ll take the vote that we should take in the House. And she will make the determination as to when is the best time to get…that legislation over to the Senate…. Let’s give President-elect Biden the 100 days he needs to get his agenda off and running. And maybe we’ll send the articles sometime after that.”

[quote] We should at least nod to that fear for now, acknowledge that it’s possible to separate what the House does from what the Senate decides to do, and take this unprecedented moment in American history one day—if not one hour—at a time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534January 10, 2021 10:56 PM

Trump threatened Kelly Loeffler into going along with his attempt to overturn the election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 10, 2021 10:57 PM

Tapper: Will there be any consequences for the politicians who incited this violence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536January 10, 2021 10:58 PM

Kudos to Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537January 10, 2021 11:02 PM

Lol@that arrest. Lol@Trump threatening that pig Georgia woman. And fuck YES arrest any inciter. How DISGUSTING they are.

by Anonymousreply 538January 10, 2021 11:09 PM

Pelosi just informed the House members that she is officially proceeding with the impeachment as per The Hill: House Democrats will stage a vote to impeach President Trump for encouraging mob violence at the Capitol last Wednesday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Sunday night.

Pelosi said the Democrats’ preferred response to the attack on the U.S. Capitol is for Vice President Mike Pence to remove Trump by invoking the 25th Amendment — an unlikely scenario less than two weeks before Trump is set to leave office.

But in a letter to fellow Democrats, the Speaker vowed to bring a vote on impeachment in the absence of action by Pence, setting the stage for an historic first: the impeachment of a president for the second time in his tenure.

“In protecting our Constitution and our Democracy, we will act with urgency, because this President represents an imminent threat to both,” Pelosi wrote in the letter to rank-and-file colleagues. “As the days go by, the horror of the ongoing assault on our democracy perpetrated by this President is intensified and so is the immediate need for action......

by Anonymousreply 539January 10, 2021 11:17 PM

r533, Notice how big, bad MAGA insurrectionists become snow flakes when they aren't allowed to fly home after breaking into the Capitol building illegally?

"They called me a fucking TERRORIST"

that's because YOU ARE dildo, that's because you are.

by Anonymousreply 540January 10, 2021 11:21 PM

You all seriously think the corrupt AF NYFBI office, the same goddamned office that pressured comey to reopen "her emails" investigation a week before the 2016 election, is going to arrest anyone in this act of terrorism?

How gullible are you? These corrupt, useless fat asses won't do jack shit. Especially to any of these FDNY assholes. They ALL cover for each other.

by Anonymousreply 541January 10, 2021 11:22 PM

Good for the Speaker. Get these fuckers on the record. A vote not to impeach is a vote that what Trump did was okay.

by Anonymousreply 542January 10, 2021 11:27 PM

Pence, Pelosi & now Biden.

I saw the White House flags lowered, but has the thing inside called the family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543January 10, 2021 11:33 PM

r543, Biden is already the president as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 544January 10, 2021 11:37 PM

Has anyone seen the video they're circulating on Parler? I don't have a link as I saw it on TT and I didn't save it. It's fucking terrifying. I'm not sure who created it (someone said it was Orange's people, but I don't think it's accurate), but it looks like a movie trailer calling for the biggest, deadliest, insurgence on Jan 20, where they" Take back America."

by Anonymousreply 545January 10, 2021 11:48 PM

So... it’s day 5 after this event. No press conference, no briefings, no nothing. What the hell is going on??

by Anonymousreply 546January 10, 2021 11:48 PM

R540 they need to Impeach Orange regardless. Further, the resolution being introduced should be to Invoke the 25th immediately OR Pence faces proceedings to be Impeached.

At this point, Pence is an accessory.

by Anonymousreply 547January 10, 2021 11:49 PM

Again... The cell phones...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 10, 2021 11:50 PM

GOP Rep. Gosar's siblings push to have him removed from Congress after Capitol riot

Three of Rep. Paul Gosar's (R-Ariz.) siblings have called on him to be expelled from Congress, The Arizona Republic reported, placing blame on the congressman for helping incite the violent riot that took place at the Capitol on Wednesday.

Gosar’s siblings sent a letter to Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) asking for his help in removing their brother from Congress, the newspaper reported.

It's the third time in three years that members of Gosar's family have publicly voiced their disapproval of the representative.

"We know him to be an extremist and we took that very seriously," Jennifer Gosar told the newspaper. "I believe that my brother has been a constant perpetrator of misinformation. ... I've been incredulous at the lack of accountability thus far. I would think Wednesday would be certainly a line."

"When you talk about what happened the other day, you're talking about treason. You're talking about overthrowing the government. That's what this is. If that doesn't rise to the level of expulsion, what does?" said Tim Gosar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549January 10, 2021 11:59 PM

Somebody creating a new thread? This one and others have been crossed out so I’m assuming the op is blocked.

by Anonymousreply 550January 11, 2021 12:04 AM

Not crossed out for me, r550.

by Anonymousreply 551January 11, 2021 12:11 AM

If she didn't think she had the votes, she wouldn't be doing it.

by Anonymousreply 552January 11, 2021 12:23 AM

I created part 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 11, 2021 1:23 AM

R537 Replace some shitty Confederate statues with Eugene Goodman statues.

by Anonymousreply 554January 11, 2021 1:31 AM

So op for new thread states that it was “heard from the Dump WH: “Does anyone here know Morse code?”

When, who, and why?

by Anonymousreply 555January 11, 2021 1:37 AM

R537 I read a suggestion to have him sit by Jill Biden at the State of the Union speech and have him introduced as a hero. Good idea.

by Anonymousreply 556January 11, 2021 2:37 AM

[quote]The officer who committed suicide was the son of a long time senate sargeant at arms who become an ally of Paul manafort.

Oh shit, Liebengood's dad was THE Liebengood of Gold & Liebengood! They were a far-right lobbyist group who merged with Roger Stone's and Paul Manafort's lobbying firm, the infamous Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly, in 1996.

Something tells me the now-dead Howard Liebengood Jr., the son of a notorious Stone and Manafort ally, decided to suicide rather than stick around and get asked some uncomfortable questions about the coup.

by Anonymousreply 557January 11, 2021 2:46 AM

Looking more and more like it was the pentagon solely responsible for the delay in the national guard because they didn’t like the “visuals” of it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558January 11, 2021 3:02 AM

AP: The unfolding of ‘home-grown fascism’ in Capitol assault

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559January 11, 2021 3:06 AM

I don't know, on the one hand I could see Trump's administration not wanting to send out the Guard because of the visuals, but on the other hand, that interview Sund gives at r558 sounds like he's just trying to cover his ass, and it may not be entirely truthful.

by Anonymousreply 560January 11, 2021 3:06 AM

Kash Patel, most likely

by Anonymousreply 561January 11, 2021 3:06 AM

R555 it was a joke Implying since he’s been kicked off Twitter and every other platform he’d have to resort to Morse code

by Anonymousreply 562January 11, 2021 3:08 AM

I am convinced that if Congress doesn’t act to do something about this quickly, these people are going to keep going and the unrest and violence will get more widespread and more uncontrollable. This is a crisis. It’s real. It’s happening. It must be taken seriously

by Anonymousreply 563January 11, 2021 3:31 AM

R553 Thank you so much for doing that and to the poster who asked.

My threads were crossed out and I couldn’t post starting last night and all the way up until just now. I’ve never had that happen before.

It was traumatizing.

by Anonymousreply 564January 11, 2021 3:41 AM

I’m more worried about local state houses on Inauguration Day than I am the Capitol

by Anonymousreply 565January 11, 2021 5:08 AM

Reuters: U.S. HOUSE REPUBLICANS OBJECT TO DEMOCRATS' REQUEST TO BRING UP 25TH AMENDMENT RESOLUTION AGAINST TRUMP, BLOCKING IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION

by Anonymousreply 566January 11, 2021 3:30 PM

[quote] 800 Trump voters about the 2020 election:

• 78% agree with Trump’s claims that it was “stolen.”,

• 67% believe if you count the votes “accurately and fairly,” Trump would win.

[quote] Trump voters about last week’s storming of the U.S. Capitol:

• 25% say Trump is responsible for what happened.

• 60% say Mike Pence acted more appropriately afterward than Trump did.

• 38% call the participants “domestic terrorists” while 24% say they’re “patriots."

[quote] Trump voters who they held most responsible for last week’s storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Here’s who they blamed:

• Antifa: 𝟮𝟭%

• Democrats: 𝟭𝟳%,

• Trump supporters: 𝟭𝟮%

• News media: 𝟭𝟭%

• President Trump: 𝟭𝟭%

[quote] if they may have to use force to “save the traditional American way of life.”

𝟲𝟰% of them agreed.

[quote] Never say “never,” but 𝟲𝟭% of Trump voters say they will never trust American election results again.

• ⅓ of Trump voters (𝟯𝟰%) believe he has “damaged the dignity of the presidency.”

• ¼ of Trump voters (𝟮𝟳%) believe he is “a clear and present danger” to the safety of the American people and our democracy.

• 𝟱𝟬% of Trump voters believe he should "continue his fight to remain President."

• 𝟱𝟭% say they’d tell him to run again in 2024, while 𝟯𝟭% say he should retire from politics.

• 𝟯𝟱% of Trump voters say they’d rather vote for someone else in 2024.

Among the choice of other candidates, Mike Pence currently leads the pack.

• 𝟳𝟯% of Trump voters consider themselves “Republican-first” voters, compared to 𝟮𝟳% who are “Trump-first" voters.

Surprisingly, 𝟳𝟯% of Trump voters say they never followed him on Twitter. (Only about 20% of U.S. adults have a Twitter account.)

• 𝟳𝟯% of Trump voters still say the election system is “rigged,” even after being reminded that Trump and his allies lost more than 60 cases in court challenging election results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567January 11, 2021 10:24 PM

Awww, the horned crusader Jacob Angeli Chansley won't eat, says his mom, because he's been in prison for three days and the jail won't serve ALL ORGANIC FOOD!

by Anonymousreply 568January 12, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote]Isn’t it interesting how these and the “Dump is Done” threads have been crossed out...

Whenever I see a grayed-out thread that looks doesn't seem like it should be, I WW the OP. I assume, someone is trying to hide it.

Don't know if it helps, but that's what I got.

Yes, my settings are on Asbestos.

by Anonymousreply 569January 12, 2021 6:15 AM

R569 Thankfully, all of the threads have been uncrossed/restored.

by Anonymousreply 570January 12, 2021 6:21 AM

Well, then my work is done.

by Anonymousreply 571January 12, 2021 8:00 AM

Those numbers at R567 make no sense to me. Is it 25% who say Trump is responsible, or only 11%? There are other seeming contradictions, but to me that's the most glaring one.

by Anonymousreply 572January 12, 2021 11:35 AM

After reading awhile, and having a good shudder over the likes of Blaire Erskine, Lauren Boebert, Madison Cawthorne...I reiterate something I learned awhile back: You can't reason with CRAZEE and there is no cure for STOOPID.

by Anonymousreply 573January 13, 2021 3:57 PM

^ You know Blaire Erskine is a satirist, right?

by Anonymousreply 574January 13, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote]having a good shudder over the likes of Blaire Erskine

um, wow

by Anonymousreply 575January 13, 2021 4:27 PM

Bellingcat is uploading videos of the riot from Parler to this playlist. Even after a week I'm still shocked by the amount of knuckle-dragging scum in this country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576January 14, 2021 4:44 AM

Watch Rep. Hakeem Jeffries shred congressman from Utah for pushing the Big Lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 6, 2021 6:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!