Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Courtney Love implies Sam Lutfi and actor Ross Butler pilfered her bank account while keeping her isolated and doped on Xanax

And, thanks to Marilyn Manson (and her gay hairdresser), she was able to escape. It sounds so insane that I actually believe it, especially given Sam Lutfi's track record. I can envision someone like Courtney getting exploited like this, especially because of her drug problems—manipulators like Lutfi know where to look, and prey on emotionally vulnerable women with big bank accounts. Also, Ross Butler must be a real piece of shit.

Caption of Courtney's Instagram post:

Happy birthday my prince @marilynmanson It has been a pleasure growing up with you . And our supermodel careers. (🍆🌜😁)

In LA at the end of my using 2 and a half years ago, trying to plan my escape from that crazy asshole (see my description of 2020, previous post) who was controlling all my phone, email , any contact with the outside world, was “moving” 100s of 1000s of dollars a month through rosses his roommates bank accounts (Ross entirely complicit , is what the forensic accountants told us , along with my accountant , Karen, .. ) and telling me I had no money at all to eat, pay rent, nothing . I had no credit, no Uber, no method of transport , I’d have taken the bus in la, I just didn’t even have ANY, cash, I lived under a reign of suicidal terror . And was at the end of my rope. It was Manson who rescued me. Manson who stuck his neck out and sent a car for me every night . Planned my escape . Manson (and my daughter, my sister @jamrz and @lanadelrey who helped me get to a place to detox off the staggering , 15 bars a day, Xanax habit that monster had me on, also without @paulnortonhair getting me a burner phone and loaning me 500 dollars he couldn’t really afford, I couldn’t have done it. Thank you paul, sorry for forgetting . That burner phone was my only way of getting out too . 🌺🌺🍄) I’ll never forget that. It was brave, and it was kind. And hanging out with you every night was my only human connection for months. You made me start to feel human again. Thank you my brother . I’ll always have your kind, gentle hearted , true artists back . I’m sorry that one tour didn’t work out, (the kids think we’re stuck on some 90s moment with that tour, and aren’t aware of the incredible, inclusiveness you have shown me over the years) I love you. Xx clc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 27, 2022 5:31 PM

More namedropping...

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2021 4:04 AM

R1 it is her favorite pastime, but I love her anyway

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2021 4:06 AM

I can't with this fucking loon. She could tell me Biden won and I'd have my doubts.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2021 4:08 AM

What does she mean by 15 bars a day? Sorry but I'm not familiar with drug lingo

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2021 4:11 AM

Wow she's been spilling the tea lately. I'm glad she's getting out of the mess she was in.

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2021 4:11 AM

I tend to take a lot of what she says with a grain of salt because she often contradicts herself. I believe that Lufti is trash and a thief but I don't believe that he forced her to take Xanax, took ALL her money, was tracing her calls, or that Marilyn Manson saved her.

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote]What does she mean by 15 bars a day?

Xanax bars. They're segmented so you can break them up for smaller dosages.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2021 4:13 AM

R6 I doubt all her money, but I bet it happened only because Sam Lutfi was involved. Courtney has claimed in that past that millions upon millions were siphoned out of the money she and Frances got from the Nirvana estate--she talked about it publicly for years, though her vague references to lawyers and "finding shoeboxes of credit card receipts" under her bed never really made complete sense.

That being said, she IS an easy target to be exploited in the sense that she's an extremely emotional, neurotic addict with a huge bank account. She's got a target on her back.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2021 4:23 AM

Didn't Ross Butler just recently discuss how much he loved Courtney and that she was the main reason he was where he is today?

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2021 4:26 AM

Is this the same Sam Lufti that was drugging Britney during her crazy phase and taking all her money?

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2021 4:40 AM

R9 There was an interview where Ross said that Courtney was like a "big sister" and mentor to him and that she was big factor in him wanting leading man roles and giving him confidence in himself.

A couple years ago Courtney,Ross and Sam were accused of vandalism and allegedly threatening to kill daughter Frances Bean's ex-husband.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2021 4:42 AM

No way she’s sober now.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2021 4:44 AM

This all sounds very Von Trapp family escapes from Austria to me. Is she pushing to play herself in the Lifetime movie?

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2021 4:51 AM

How can anyone feel sorry for her when she was stupid enough to hire him AFTER we all saw the drama that played out when he was managing BS?

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2021 5:08 AM

Well I’m sure Ross has thirteen reasons why, and I for one am looking forward to hearing them.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2021 5:10 AM

For a manipulative sociopath, she's kinda weak.

Or perhaps she's faking. People who used to shoot-up drugs with her said she'd fake it. But no one said anything.

Now she's a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2021 5:11 AM

Stevie’s selling off her musical rights for million, meanwhile Courtney’s being pushed around and exploited by her drug handlers.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2021 5:11 AM

Doesn't Kurt's estate still make tens of millions a year? Off topic, I know, but no I'm curious...

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2021 5:13 AM

R17 Stevie is sitting at home writing rambling low iq nonsense on her iPad about 9/11, the Gulf War, and Harry Styles and doing skype calls with end stage Alzheimer patient Linda Ronstadt while the rest of Fleetwood Mac is not talking to her for making them fire Lindsey and then refuse to make new music. She'll pull a Leona Helmsley and leave her money to her dogs. At least Courtney has a somewhat stable child and heir.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2021 5:17 AM

[quote]What does she mean by 15 bars a day? Sorry but I'm not familiar with drug lingo

One bar of Xanax is 2mg.

A typical therapeutic dose is .25 to .5mg. She was taking 30mg per day, which is anywhere from 60 to 120 times a typical therapeutic dose. That is insane. It's possible to die from withdrawal at those levels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2021 5:18 AM

Well, I guess she need one kind of bar or another?

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2021 5:30 AM

The guys need to be prosecuted and put away. Hope Love has the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2021 5:31 AM

She’s back on the wagon again.

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2021 5:36 AM

R16 she use to fake shooting up?

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2021 5:45 AM

She pretended that her lawyers, managers, whatever-staff stole all of her money and Frances Bean's money too. Actually, Courtney blew through all of her own money and then blew Frances' money too. She has lots of stories of how everyone steals from her but it's all her.

by Anonymousreply 25January 6, 2021 5:55 AM

🎶The 'gram is aliiive, with the signs of relapse🎶

by Anonymousreply 26January 6, 2021 6:02 AM

Oh, please, who ever had to force or trick that woman to take drugs?

by Anonymousreply 27January 6, 2021 6:15 AM

I love Courtney and she may or may not be telling the truth, but she always thinks someone is stealing her money, especially when she is fucked up. She was on Howard a few years back talking about Dave Growl taking her money and hiring a forensic accountant. The world would be a lot less interesting without Courtney Love.

by Anonymousreply 28January 6, 2021 6:21 AM

Xanax, R4. That's a FUCK TON of drugs to consume on the daily.

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2021 6:24 AM

Don’t do drugs, kids. Or at least don’t let them do you.

by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2021 6:32 AM

Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2021 6:33 AM

Damn. Just read the Frances gets over 95k a month from Kurt! Fuck. I assume Courtney gets the same.

And my dad, who also killed himself, left me a used TV and some fucking journals.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2021 6:37 AM

She quit using 2.5ya?

by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2021 6:52 AM

That seems low, R32. That's getting less than 1.2M a year.

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2021 7:05 AM

[quote]Courtney Love implies Sam Lutfi and actor Ross Butler pilfered her bank account while keeping her isolated and doped on Xanax

I hope they did. She's vile.

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2021 7:06 AM

She's the Blanche DuBois of the 1990's recherché à la mode drug set.

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2021 7:12 AM

Courtney, less time planespotting and more time checking bank statements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2021 7:12 AM

R34 Who needs more than that? Sounds like the interest on the capital inherited.

by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2021 7:14 AM

R34, Courtney gets the same amount (I assume). Plus, who knows who else gets part of his estate?

My guess Kurt makes, what, 10 million a year?

by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2021 8:50 AM

R39 I remember reading/hearing somewhere that Courtney had part of the publishing rights to Nirvana, while Frances had all of Nirvana, LLC, which accounts for all Nirvana merchandise, logos, etc. I believe Courtney sold off some of the publishing rights some years back, but I don't know if she's retained what she had left.

by Anonymousreply 40January 6, 2021 2:14 PM

Does that much Xanax have physical effects like constipation for opioids? Obviously tapering off of that daily dose would require close medical supervision.

by Anonymousreply 41January 6, 2021 2:30 PM

I think it’s very weird how social media has created a genre of expression in which one purports to be addressing an individual (in this case Courtney to Marilyn) while in fact they’re addressing their followers, who in turn pretend to “eavesdrop.” It reminds me somewhat of a eulogy. In any case, it’s clear that Courtney is batshit as ever. Drug people are boring.

by Anonymousreply 42January 6, 2021 2:31 PM

Courtney was doing this namedropping stuff back when she first got on the internet on AOL, and then she would give interviews bragging about the namedropping she did online. Tiresome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 6, 2021 2:34 PM

[R43] It’s because she’s a nobody and knows it deep down.

by Anonymousreply 44January 6, 2021 2:39 PM

She shouldn't get any of that money or Nirvana rights anyway, since Kurt was planning on divorcing her. It should've all went to the remaining band members and their daughter.

by Anonymousreply 45January 6, 2021 2:44 PM

Ross Butler - the Asian kid from 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale?

by Anonymousreply 46January 6, 2021 2:53 PM

The ‘90’s music scene was notable for producing a dazzling array of no-talents like Courtney, Marilyn Manson, Billy Corgan, et al. It was an era in which, if he’d come of age in it, Mick Jagger would have stayed at the London School of Economics and become a wealthy stock broker. Courtney and her ilk all seem poorly educated with little musical talent or facility with instruments.

by Anonymousreply 47January 6, 2021 2:54 PM

It’s clear that personal responsibility isn’t one of Courtney’s hallmarks.

by Anonymousreply 48January 6, 2021 3:01 PM

Sociopath Cunt. She’ll rot in hell when she’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 49January 6, 2021 3:10 PM

R47 Courtney and Manson are marginally talented but Corgan was the best guitarists to come out of that era. And the so called talent of Mick Jagger? He's cut from the same cloth as Courtney and Manson. They are all flashy front(wo)men with insipid lyrics who ripped off more talented people.

by Anonymousreply 50January 6, 2021 4:06 PM

R42 Bret Easton Ellis is that you?

by Anonymousreply 51January 6, 2021 4:06 PM

R50 "Corgan was the best guitarists to come out of that era" Lol, no.

by Anonymousreply 52January 6, 2021 4:11 PM

R27 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 53January 6, 2021 4:24 PM

I remember way back (before music stars were rich, but not MEGA RICH like they can be today) that Courtney said it was Madonna's fault that Courtney was so poor, because Madonna wouldn't recommend or give the name of her accountant (or something equally bizarre and specific) or give Coutney any information on how to manage her money.

by Anonymousreply 54January 6, 2021 4:33 PM

Frances Bean is surprisingly stable considering she's the offspring of Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain. It might have something to do with in part with being raised by Kurt's mother and sister.

by Anonymousreply 55January 6, 2021 4:40 PM

R54 Constants in Courtney's narrative are "everyone want to fuck me", "people are stealing my money", "X is obsessed with my daughter", and "I am clean now" (lol).

by Anonymousreply 56January 6, 2021 5:08 PM

R56, and "I have lots of celebrity friends" (evidenced by her compulsive namedropping)

by Anonymousreply 57January 6, 2021 8:31 PM

Yes R46

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 6, 2021 10:48 PM

Stevie Nicks and Courtney Love certainly share a fame addiction.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2021 2:58 AM

R59, leave Stevie out of this. She can write her own songs.

by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2021 3:02 AM

The miles of rock star dick between these two is marathon length.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2021 3:05 AM

This from Vulture:

Who Hasn’t Stolen From Courtney Love?

Courtney Love desperately needs an alarm system attached to everything she owns — people won’t stop robbing her! At least that’s the impression we get from the Hole singer, who seems to hand out larceny accusations like Santa Claus hands out presents. Earlier this month, Love claimed her ex-boyfriend Edward Norton stole $300,000 from her and her daughter, Frances Bean. Then last week, she issued the most confusing apology ever: “I have the greatest respect for Edward. He could be the President of the United States. I could be his drug czar.” One mea culpa down, only 4,238 to go! Below, a brief history of the accused:

2005: Love accuses Dave Grohl of “taking money from my child, Frances Bean, for years.”

2007: Love claims that $100,000 diamond earrings — a Christmas present for Frances — have been stolen from her hotel room. Later, said earrings mysteriously reappear at the hotel.

2008: Love insists that someone has stolen Kurt Cobain’s ashes. German artist Natascha Stellmach claims she took the ashes and plans on smoking them. Love’s publicist later denies that the ashes were ever taken.

2008: Love accuses Victoria Blake and Lester Knispel, two members of her management team, of stealing millions from her.

2008: Love accuses her ex-housekeeper, Miriam Torres, of stealing from her collection of designer dresses.

2008: Love accuses Ryan Adams of stealing $858,000 “straight out of Frances’s trust fund” in order to fund his album Rock N Roll.

2009: Love accuses fashion designer Dawn Simorangkir of stealing two bags of clothes from her while they stayed at L.A.’s Chateau Marmont. (The accusation came after Simorangkir sued Love for defaming her on Twitter.)

2009: Love accuses Gossip Girl’s Taylor Momsen of stealing her overall “look.”

2009: Love accuses pop duo the Veronicas of wearing dresses stolen from her closet.

2010: Love accuses Lily Allen of stealing Frances’s sunglasses.

Look out, Billy Corgan: She’s watching you.

by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2021 3:35 AM

I used to love her for sentimental reasons. I was a huge fan of Hole when I was a gayling. Now I just think she is most of the terrible things people have always accused her of being. A liar, a star fucker, a junkie, a sociopath, a manipulator, a grifter, I could go on and on with this broad. She is clearly batshit. That’s why her own daughter has had numerous failings out with her over the years. I don’t believe 99.9% of the crap that comes out of this woman’s mouth.

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2021 3:40 AM

Anyone who would dare to touch Sam Lufti with a 1000 ft pole after the publicized ways that he isolated, manipulated and abused Britney Spears, is a criminally fucked-up, self-loathing hopeless maniac.

Oh, wait, yeah. That all checks out. Ok, carry on.

by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2021 4:32 AM

R47, Corgan is a total douchebag who can't sing, but the man can write great songs. Most consider him second to only Kurt for 90s songwriters...

by Anonymousreply 65February 3, 2021 10:25 PM

God I hate her. How is she still alive?

by Anonymousreply 66February 3, 2021 10:31 PM

Wake me when she admits to killing Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 67February 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Courtney using the N word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 3, 2021 10:37 PM

This makes Ross Butler slightly interesting. Someone get his publicist on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 69February 3, 2021 10:39 PM

I was supposed to see Marilyn Manson and Hole on that '98 tour that she makes reference to. But Courtney dropped out before it got to my city. I was pissed too because I loved (and still love) "Celebrity Skin" which had just come out. The Marilyn Manson show was still great, though - insanely theatrical and weird, and that was when he was still making decent records.

Courtney and Marilyn were saying terrible things about each other publicly at that time. They must have re-bonded over drugs. I assume she's speaking up on his behalf now because he's getting hit with a new round of #MeToo shit (but mostly making it abuot herself, natch).

by Anonymousreply 70February 3, 2021 10:42 PM

I wonder if Courtney will accuse her TV son Nico Tortorella of something... He's always wanted his name in the paper.

by Anonymousreply 71February 3, 2021 10:44 PM

Wait, was Ross Butler her fuck boy? Boyfriend? I’m confused

by Anonymousreply 72February 3, 2021 10:49 PM

Lufti =dealer. She needed a lot of RX from him. I believe what she says. Hollywood is rotted and people are pigs.

by Anonymousreply 73February 3, 2021 11:00 PM

AFAIK no r72. Ross supposedly has said that hasn't had time for a girlfriend because he's been focused on his career but there has also been rumors claiming that Ross possibly isn't straight.

by Anonymousreply 74February 3, 2021 11:03 PM

I'm a... Slave 4 lUtfi.

by Anonymousreply 75February 3, 2021 11:10 PM

Well, all I can say is thank god for fine people like Marilyn Manson.

by Anonymousreply 76February 3, 2021 11:14 PM

How does she still have money?

by Anonymousreply 77February 3, 2021 11:22 PM

I'm team Lufti and Butler for imprisoning Love and I'm now anti Manson for freeing her.

I don't care if Nicks eats live babies for breakfast (you know for that delish adrenochrome) because I fucking love her 80s solo work alone more than Love's empty Hole.

by Anonymousreply 78February 4, 2021 12:11 AM

R77 Are you serious?

by Anonymousreply 79February 4, 2021 12:20 AM

R77 R79 She was obviously lying about being broke. Both her and her daughter receive stipends from Kurt's trust although FB is the trustee.

by Anonymousreply 80February 4, 2021 12:25 AM

Well if Johnny Depp can be broke, I'm sure crafty Courtney can find a way.

by Anonymousreply 81February 4, 2021 12:26 AM

Courtney can never truly be broke. It's more like "I can't pay back this $80,000 for two months until my check comes in"

by Anonymousreply 82February 4, 2021 12:27 AM

Has Courtney commented on Marilyn Manson current troubles?

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2021 6:08 PM

To Courtney Love being "sober" only means "not shooting heroin". I've seen her discussing her "sobriety" in person while drinking red wine. She's actually a dear girl, but a determined mess. I'd take anything she says lightly.

by Anonymousreply 84April 19, 2021 6:31 PM

One day her life is going to make one hell of a movie.

by Anonymousreply 85April 19, 2021 6:52 PM

Not sure what to make of Manson these days. I've enjoyed his music over the years, but Reznor of all people recently pointed out that he's had nothing to do with him for over 25 years now because of his behavior.

Evan Racheal Wood MeToo'ing him these days seems bizarre. If a couple is consensually into extreme kink, it seems a bit disingenuous for one of the two to do a180 nearly two decades later.

Courtney is clearly unhinged and I really don't trust much of what comes out of her mouth. It's always been a mixture of a few facts and drugged induced fiction.

by Anonymousreply 86April 19, 2021 8:02 PM

I hope she at least got some dick from Ross Butler.

by Anonymousreply 87April 19, 2021 8:20 PM

After what my cousin told me. A friend had to deliver a script, to her at house. Her house was stacked with garbage everywhere. Bags of junk, trash almost to the ceiling. Nasty hoarder. I realized she is not all there.

by Anonymousreply 88April 19, 2021 8:34 PM

Wait! This is SO weird! They did the SAME thing to EVERYBODY in my building! Rully (sic)!

by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2021 8:40 PM

Her and Manson both belong in a mental ward.

by Anonymousreply 90April 19, 2021 8:45 PM

Kurt Cobain's telltale heart is beating behind the walls.

by Anonymousreply 91April 19, 2021 8:49 PM

Marylin Manson has always been more well spoken than Courtney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 20, 2021 8:33 AM

I think with the upbringing she had, she never had much of a chance in life. I salute her for making it big against all odds (even her level of fame before Kurt). She seems to be in a decent-ish place at the moment, but her brain is so wrecked from all the prescription meds that I don't think she'll ever recover and her everyday speech does have an irritating 'rambling' quality to it that I don't think she can help.

I also believe her 100% about this (which isn't hard, given the men at play here). As much as she stretches the truth and LOVES namedropping, she knows where a lot of the bodies are buried in Hollywood and has been the sole whistleblower on a lot of issues. From warning us about Harvey Weinstein back in 2004, to her lecture about Napster and music piracy in the late 90s, and her telling the truth about Fred Durst before it all came out. There are a lot more too. Crazy, but crazy like a fox.

by Anonymousreply 93April 20, 2021 11:18 AM

Ross Butler? What kind of random bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2021 11:38 AM

Also? No wonder Barrymore dropped her. She sounds like the most exhausting person EVER.

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2021 11:41 AM

Bling Ring catnip

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2021 12:22 PM

R88 That's punk rock.

by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2021 5:16 AM

Sam Lufti did the same to Britney

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2021 5:24 AM

Lutfi is scum. Britney and Courtney were easy targets due to their drug abuse and emotional immaturity. Lutfi is an opportunistic predator that swooped in at their lowest and took money. I don't think he was orchestrating these advanced plans and mind control tactics like some movie villain. Love and Spears were mentally fucked drug addicts with tons of money and it was just easy to grift from them. Johnny Depp and Michael Jackson were also targeted by similar grifters due to being dumb drug addicts as well.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2021 3:23 PM

I will day one thing, Courtney is never ever boring!

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2021 3:59 PM

I was going to say - wasn't Sam Lufti the boyfriend and only companion to Brittany Spears for many years?

This is some unbelievable shit - it has to be made into a film. And some of these people need to be in jail for what they've done.

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2021 4:03 PM

The interesting thing about Courtney is that she owns zero real estate. She just blows through her money renting houses, buying couture and jet-setting. Frances Bean has a modest $2.9 million home. So where is all this alleged Nirvana money ($10 million per year)going? I suspect theses ladies are getting significantly less than is being reported.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2021 4:25 PM

I am curious how the hot guy from all those shitty teen shows got involved with Sam Lufti and Courtney Love.

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2021 6:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2021 6:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2021 7:25 AM

Ross is going to be a presenter on tonight's Sag Awards.

by Anonymousreply 106February 27, 2022 4:51 PM

R50 Corgan's guitar playing is so lame and forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 107February 27, 2022 5:31 PM

She doesn't deserve that money anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 108February 27, 2022 5:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!