Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Pelosi reelected Speaker of the House.

Pelosi won 216 votes to secure the speakership with five Democrats breaking ranks to support someone else or vote present. All Republicans voted for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

Why oh why Dems?

But of course Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2021 10:34 PM

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2021 7:19 AM

I've never been a big fan of hers, but I'm actually glad she's in charge of the House right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2021 7:25 AM

This is a disaster! The best practical political mind in America in charge of the house ... and on top of that, she’s on our side? Nooooo!

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2021 7:26 AM

By not addressing the EC issue of adding 100+ seats to the US House in '93 (helping W to get installed for 8 years)

& also not addressing the issue during her term as US House speaker (allowing Trump to later carry the EC alone without the popular vote)

SHE HAS DONE MORE DAMAGE TO THIS NATION FOR THOSE 12 YEARS THAN ANY OTHER DEMOCRAT.

Of course the dems will insist she should be returned to the power structure she can't wield properly for the voting majority of the past 2 decades.

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2021 7:34 AM

Good. Best strategist on the Hill

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2021 7:39 AM

[quote] Best strategist on the Hill

Damning with faint praise.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2021 8:31 AM

Why are we hating her, again?

Did we want AOC or that Muslim lady? Or who DID we want?

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2021 8:37 AM

R4 is bonkers!

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2021 9:39 AM

R7 yup I want AOC but this time Nancy is better than stick in the eye.

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2021 12:01 PM

Poor R8 Has Nancy the perpetual wimp impeached Trump again over his Georgia phone calls yet?

That's what his crimes call for.

by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2021 2:56 PM

Why does the American left diva worship their most corrupt politicians?

by Anonymousreply 11January 5, 2021 3:02 PM

R4 the “definition of insanity” is your post itself. Why not be a pal and rant a little more coherently?

by Anonymousreply 12January 5, 2021 8:05 PM

I love AOC but come on she would have no idea how to lead that unwieldy body yet -- she's far too green. The gig needs to go to somebody with relationships with everybody there, fr better or worse.

That said I do kind of wish somebody younger / more openly bloodthirsty would get the gig -- I still have bad visions of Nancy not pushing for prosecuting Bush / Cheney and think this country will fall apart if Trump (and all of his lackies) doesn't face genuine repercussions

by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2021 8:21 PM

[Quote] I still have bad visions of Nancy not pushing for prosecuting Bush / Cheney

Will she do it again for Trump Inc.? There are already indications the Biden administration, which is essentially Obama 2.0., will do this.

It will be in the name of moving forward and healing the nation yadda yadda, but as everyone really knows it is because neoliberal DP is corporatist and plays on the same team as the GOP. The opposition is a phantom team.

After the Nixon pardon, and letting W off the hook, not holding Trump Inc. accountable will be the last nail in the coffin of American democracy.

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2021 10:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!