Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Season 4

I'm glad this is finally ending. Kiernan Shipka is appealing and very pretty, but she needs to go to acting school for a few years or she's going to be another Winona Ryder or Natalie Wood: all tricks , but not an actress.

The show has become like Buffy, but with marginally better special effects and much less heart. It does have some actors I will see anywhere (like Miranda Otto and especially Lucy Davis), and some hot guys like Gavin Leatherwood.

But why thishs sheashon hash Chance Perdomo (Coushin Ambroshe) shtarted talking like Lizha Minnelli all the time?

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2021 12:44 AM

Oxy?

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Now that Richard Coyle doesn't have to wear that awful ascot and smoking jacket he looks much younger and much better.

by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2021 3:22 AM

Not a minute so soon. The Self-Righteous Lectures of Sabrina the Teenage SJW. What a deeply unlikable central character and the amount of horror plagiarism that the creators committed in the name of “homage” was disgusting.

I checked out the penultimate episode with the cast of the 90’s sitcom. Kiernan has either gained weight or developed a drinking problem. Her cheeks looked very swollen.

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2021 3:27 AM

It’s an awful show. Even Riverdale was more fun.

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2021 3:32 AM

I do agree the show lacks that sense of fun which would really help. Also the show really let us down with male/male content in season 1 but never followed through with that in later seasons.

I just finished the alternate reality one with the original Aunties which has definitely been the best of the season.

Also the scene in the battle of the bands ep where Sabrina is supposed to be so badass singing Sweet Child of Mine...no, just no. I cringed for Kiernan.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2021 3:45 AM

At least they brought Salem back for the final season, though he is always about fifty feet away from Sabrina at all times.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2021 3:53 AM

Any gay this season? Specifically gay male, so no trans or lesbians...

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2021 4:00 AM

The only "fun" episode this season was the crossover with her original two aunts and talking "Salem."

Otherwise it was a dreadful season that seemed as if they just threw in the towel.

I still don't understand the compete elimination of the gay content in the series. From gay to pansexual to an implied innuendo to NOTHING.

Also that ending was DISGUSTING, I'm not sure what mark they thought they were hitting but they completely missed it.

I'll always give The Magicians credit for having been weird AND gay the entire run.

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2021 4:04 AM

It is so strange they rid themselves of all male gay content. There must be a story behind why, but I've not yet heard it. The show's creator is pretty out and proud.

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2021 4:07 AM

I heard the actress who plays Sabrina's black friend is dating Ross Lynch in real life. If is it just me or is she punching way above her weight?

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2021 8:28 AM

[quote]If is it just me or is she punching way above her weight?

It's just you R10. She's beautiful.

And they been together for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2021 9:51 AM

I stopped watching after the tranny storyline. It didn't help that they straightwashed the only gay character on the show.

by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2021 10:04 AM

Funny...I disagree with most of what has been written here.

I liked this season a lot more than the last one. The hell setting was stupid. If you're going to take me to hell, it needs to be infernal, not silly. I really disliked that.

This season's plotting with the eight 'eldritch terrors' was kind of clockworky but it made for a tidy enough final arc. I can't argue with the way the characters ended up. I'm kind of glad Sabrina's chilling adventures are over for her. Where do you go after ruling hell, anyway?

The split Sabrinas thing was executed in a more successful way than I would have imagined, although most of the season had passed by the time I realized they weren't both meant to be carbon copies but rather one was the wicked Morningstar one and one was the good Spellman one. That could have been a lot clearer.

Re Riverdale, I was the biggest Archie Comics fanatic when I was young. I loved Riverdale at first (after I got over the blasmphemy of turning Miss Grundy into a sexy young child predator), but it went way too berserk for me. Sabrina is made to be berserk and I think it was actually a lot more restrained than Riverdale is, and more successful overall. I abandoned Riverdale when the pagan antlered forest monster arrived, and when 16-year-old Archie got shanked in prison and then the cheerleaders performed in the prison yard. Cmon.

Regarding the gay stuff...yeeeeeeah. Totally agree with that. Some seasons were really gratuitous with showing off the bodies of the supposedly teen guys in their underwear and I did not need that. But the sexual identities were all over the place, which was interesting, and then they all settled into 'normal' hetero relationships? Why? That is off putting and disappointing to say the least. I recall only one homoerotic comment this season, when Lucifer asked Lilith with a wicked grin if she has seen Caliban shirtless. Overtly bisexual--until he followed it with, "they'll make me a beautiful grandchild." Ugh.

Re the guys' smoldering appeal: Lucifer, Ambrose and Nick got my juices flowing. Caliban...his body looks good. I *really* do not get Harvey's appeal at all. I'm glad for the actor, I guess, that he is considered a pinup, but I find him utterly unappealing. I just really don't get it. He's verging on homely in my eyes. But oh well.

by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2021 10:43 AM

r6, Kiernan found out that she's extremely allergic to cats on S1, so that's why he was pretty absent in S2 and S3. I guess the fans demanded more of him, thus close ups or extreme social distancing with him.

And OP, Coushin Ambroshe always shounded like Liza to me from day 1.

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2021 2:44 AM

It's sad to see what was a promising and fun show in Season 1 flamed out so quickly.

Oh well. It's over now.

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote] If is it just me or is she punching way above her weight?

How can you be "punching way above your weight" with [italic]Ross Lynch?[/italic]

I don't think a check-out girl at a CVS would be outclassed by him.

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2021 4:17 AM

Way to drag the poor check-out girls at CVS.

by Anonymousreply 17January 5, 2021 4:23 AM

Ross is the second cousin of Derek Hough... and is nearly as handsome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 5, 2021 4:23 AM

Shouldn't Sabrina be in Hell?

by Anonymousreply 19January 5, 2021 5:17 AM

r19, Sabrina split herself into two separate selves in season 3. One Sabrina was ruling in Hell this season; the other was on Earth, living with her aunts in Greendale, as always.

by Anonymousreply 20January 5, 2021 5:23 AM

I mean after she died. She signed her name in the book, that means Hell when you're dead.

by Anonymousreply 21January 5, 2021 5:26 AM

R11 She looks 1000 times better there then she ever has on the show.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2021 1:03 PM

Did I miss something. Wasn't Lucifer kind of hot? Why is he a middle-aged bitchy queen this season?

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2021 2:49 AM

R21, She did sign her name in Lucifer's black book but Lucifer is no longer in power and had lost some of it even before all of this when the witches gave themselves to worship Hecate. Also Lucifer clearly considered the Sabrina in hell to be the superior one.

R22, Yeah, I think they intentionally tried to make Rosalind look homely on the show the first few seasons. Then in the last one especially they let her start to look a bit more normal but they still had her keep the big curly hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2021 5:11 AM

Let's be real r22, Ross Lynch is not that coventially hot. I'm honestly surprised that was a stand someone wanted to make, probably cause she is black I guess.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2021 6:01 AM

I just finished it and WTF was that? It went off the rails fast. They should have kept it a light teenish plot with her and the pals keeping mischievous demons at bay and solving some crimes, not this delve into hell and the eldritch terror shit.

I never saw the original series? Is it cornball and twee?

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2021 2:50 PM

Yes, very R26.

However I did like the twist where her aunts were younger and kinda fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2021 3:20 PM

It was a fun show with hot guys, some fun tunes, and a truly terrible ending.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2021 1:08 AM

I hated the ending.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2021 9:17 PM

There was supposed to be a crossover with Riverdale had CAOS not been cancelled. The witches of Salem vs the witches of Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2021 10:50 PM

They should have had Archie and Caliban get busy on an altar. Of course, I don't know the actor was willing to dye the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2021 12:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!