Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where do you fall on the Dark Triad traits?

There has been an exponential increase of interest in the dark side of human nature in the last decade. To better understand this dark side, scientists have developed the Dark Core and Dark Triad tests.

The Dirty Dozen test is a scientifically-validated and shortened version of the Dark Triad test. Like the Dark Triad test, the Dirty Dozen measures the socially undesirable traits of Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy. The Dark Triad test is often used by police and the courts, in psychiatric wards and evaluations, and even in big corporations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 10, 2021 4:17 PM

Average or below but Machiavellianism is 56% and above average.

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2021 11:43 PM

The only question I didn't answer with totally disagree was the one about cynicism. I don't think that is a dark trait. It's good to be a little cynical about things.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2021 11:49 PM

29.83%

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2021 12:00 AM

45 percent higher than the population average

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2021 12:00 AM

0.13% lower than the average. High on Machiavellian traits, lower on the others.

I’m just very honest.

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2021 12:02 AM

Of course a narcissist would answer a strong NO to everything because they think they're perfect. Dumb test. Maybe that opinion makes me a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2021 12:03 AM

Question 14: "Are you THAT bitch?"

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2021 12:22 AM

R7 I’m still that bitch, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2021 12:33 AM

I scored way higher than average, but I knew I would. I believe I am a narcissist, and I know this because I also have an empty sense of self, and very low self esteem. I believe that I am special and deserve more than most people, but that I am not good enough, and a terrible person. Sometimes I fear what would happen if I were to gain self esteem, or became fixated on a goal that I actually cared about.

I am very aware of these traits, so I try to do good things. I volunteer at an animal shelter, but even then I have wrangled my way into becoming the photographer/videographer rather than doing any of the dirty work.

It's fucking horrible by the way. I never go out of my way to fuck others over, but after the fact I realise I've done something incredibly thoughtless. Someone called me on it recently (I stole some of her clients) and after a rage-filled couple of weeks I realised she was actually right. That is what I'd done. In my mind she'd proved herself incompetent, so I just picked them off.

I don't feel bad about doing it, just embarrassed at being caught out.

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2021 12:45 AM

I find your honesty and self-awareness sexy.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote]I never go out of my way to fuck others over, but after the fact I realise I've done something incredibly thoughtless. Someone called me on it recently (I stole some of her clients) and after a rage-filled couple of weeks I realised she was actually right. That is what I'd done. In my mind she'd proved herself incompetent, so I just picked them off. I don't feel bad about doing it, just embarrassed at being caught out.

That's because you're evil with no moral foundation.

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2021 12:51 AM

1.88 darker than average

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2021 12:56 AM

I scored kind of high for Machiavellianism (57%), which is hilarious because my dad used to share lessons from The Prince when we were kids. I then read the book in its entirety during college, and consider ot a useful guide for navigating the workplace (or at least understanding others' behavior).

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2021 1:00 AM

r11 So, I should feel bad? The woman was incompetent and couldn't so what the clients wanted. At the time I felt like I was doing them a favour, I was genuinely quite bitter at the woman as she was meant to be teaching me certain skills (she didn't) so I taught myself and then punished her.

I do have insight into my behaviour, but I don't know how I can change.

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2021 1:02 AM

About 9% darker than average. Highest above average was psycholopathy but in reading the explanation of that trait, it didn't seem to fit my answers unless the cynicism question falls under that one.

R2 lied on a dark triad quiz that no one else can see. Wonder what that says about him?

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2021 1:02 AM

Everybody lies and manipulates others. Everyone wants to be admired. These are bullshit questions.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2021 1:04 AM

*psychopathy, although psycholopathy should be a new category for something!

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2021 1:04 AM

R14 Again, I find your honesty and self-awareness sexy.

Let me help heal you.

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2021 1:04 AM

R16, that's why the answers were a range. Although twelve questions is way too short. I'm sure there's a real one with more questions out there if you want to seek it out.

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]Everybody lies and manipulates others. Everyone wants to be admired. These are bullshit questions.

That's a tell-tale sign of having the dark traits, believing that everyone else is like that too.

We're not.

by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2021 1:08 AM

R18, your dating life must be a long-running disaster filled with disappointment and pain.

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2021 1:09 AM

R21 😂🤣😂🤣😂

::sigh:: I needed that.

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2021 1:10 AM

^R18

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2021 1:11 AM

But if you actually ARE the most interesting person in the room?

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote] I believe that I am special and deserve more than most people, but that I am not good enough, and a terrible person. Sometimes I fear what would happen if I were to gain self esteem, or became fixated on a goal that I actually cared about.

Are you a POC?

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2021 1:41 AM

35.83% darker than the average here. That’s probably about par with the rest of you bitches.

Interesting. Thanks OP

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2021 1:43 AM

8% darker than average.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2021 1:50 AM

I'm a little darker than average and think that's about right.

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2021 1:53 AM

6.17% lighter than average

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2021 1:56 AM

Oh my... I'm 39.83 darker than average. And 81% Machiavellian (which is true). Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2021 1:57 AM

This one is bullshit. Where is the other one that was on here about a year ago. It had questions that could really slip by a real sociopath. It being ok to cut corners to get ahead and taking advantage of people. Wish I could remember.

This one is just click bait.

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2021 2:11 AM

Damn, I am obviously a psycho. 45% darker than average.

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2021 2:12 AM

im 2.83% darker than average. i scored highest on the Machiavellian part. I answered high for cynicism

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2021 2:18 AM

10 percent darker--mostly narcissism, seems about right--some low self-esteem countered by some inner pep talks. It's not super functional, but it beats full-fledged depression. But I still live in reality v. full-fledged personality disorder types.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2021 2:23 AM

Mary Fucking Poppins.

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2021 2:24 AM

It's a bunch of shit, it's based on the premise that people answer truthfully.

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2021 2:43 AM

I, too, got dinged for cynicism, but still placed 14% lighter than most.

But always remember: no matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2021 3:22 AM

22% lighter. 13% narcissism; 0% Machivellianism; 19% psychopathy.

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2021 3:30 AM

This makes you 66.83% Darker than the average person.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2021 5:58 PM

8.17% lighter than average, higher only in psychopathy, probably because I am so cycnical

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2021 7:34 PM

R9, it must truly suck to be deeply narcissistic. It's like there's a void in you that will never be filled. I'm the opposite of a narcissist, an empath. I attract a lot of narcs, and they drain the ever living shit out of me. But I'm learning somewhat how to interact with them in a way that doesn't lead to complete fucking chaos and misery.

I believe narcs can become sentient/aware and there is potential for them to possibly not be complete dickheads. I know the psychiatric literature says its nearly impossible for narcissists to change, but I don't believe it.

I have empathy for narcissists because I know most of them had terrible and even unimaginably terrible childhoods, abject neglect and abuse leading to the development of narcissism. I also know how toxic and insidious the illness actually is.

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2021 10:51 PM

Okay, already stumped.

Question 1: [italic]“I tend to expect special favors from others.” [/italic]Well, often, kind of, yes. But I have a sunny personality, am good looking, and do special favors for others all the time. (I’m also white, a group that tends to be treated better.)

My experience is that people DO do favors for me.

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2021 11:59 PM

R41 does this apply to Meghan Markle?

by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2021 3:58 AM

This makes you 48.83% Darker than the average person.

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2021 4:11 AM

18.17% lighter

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2021 4:14 AM

Well, I display no psychopathy. So I guess we’re all safe.

by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2021 4:25 AM

Apparently I’m 20.83% darker than others and I find that hard to believe because most people are such assholes.

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2021 4:26 AM

I actually scored nearly average everywhere except for psychopathy. I’m 75% there. I don’t get it I would never hurt an animal and I love my family.

by Anonymousreply 48June 10, 2021 4:28 AM

^^ exactly what a PSYCHOPATH would say when FOUND OUT ! !

by Anonymousreply 49June 10, 2021 4:34 AM

I honestly thought I was maybe autistic and undiagnosed because I’ve always had a difficult time relating to other people and I don’t like most of them. I feel I have good reason though because most of them are awful. I always thought psychopaths were violent which I’m not.

by Anonymousreply 50June 10, 2021 4:37 AM

I’m sure you’re perfectly fine, r47

If you’re honestly interested, though, this strikes me as a good, in depth video on the topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 10, 2021 4:43 AM

9% darker than average. I also don't view cynicism as a negative.

by Anonymousreply 52June 10, 2021 5:00 AM

88% - Narcissism

100% - Machiavellianism

63% - Psychopathy

84% - Average

[quote]This makes you 50.83% Darker than the average person.

by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2021 5:06 AM

33% darker than the basics

by Anonymousreply 54June 10, 2021 5:10 AM

39.8% darker. Yikes! I need Jesus or something.

by Anonymousreply 55June 10, 2021 5:14 AM

Like r47 I score surprisingly high on psychopathy, but I know for sure I’m on the autism spectrum. I think the shallow emotional responses and tactlessness stem from that. The description of psychopaths “[seeking] out extremely stimulating activities (sex, violence, drugs, or financial risk), resulting in impulsivity and a disposition towards interpersonal conflict” is very much NOT me - in the extreme. I’ve often wondered how much overlap there is between autism and psychopathy.

by Anonymousreply 56June 10, 2021 5:58 AM

Oh fuck, now that he is being (rightfully) dragged, she will likely come to his help. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 57June 10, 2021 6:15 AM

I’m exactly average. I’m a little more narcissistic and a little less Machiavellian. It evened out.

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2021 6:16 AM

Low on Machiavellianism and narcissism but 50% on psychopathy.

Probably due to the fact that I am mostly dead inside.

by Anonymousreply 59June 10, 2021 7:02 AM

[quote]R57 Oh fuck, now that he is being (rightfully) dragged, she will likely come to his help. Gross.

Who are you ripping to shreds here?

by Anonymousreply 60June 10, 2021 2:45 PM

6.83%

by Anonymousreply 61June 10, 2021 3:37 PM

"Agent Starling, do you think you can dissect me with this blunt little tool?"

by Anonymousreply 62June 10, 2021 4:10 PM

I'm 8.17% better than all of you. I also scored slighty above average for psychopathy for SOME reason.

by Anonymousreply 63June 10, 2021 4:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!