Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beautiful people are more intelligent I

Maybe beauty isn't just skin-deep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 4:40 AM

Speaking as someone in academia, I find this rather suspect

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2021 2:03 PM

Finally someone understands.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Well, if the Journal of Psychology says so...oh, wait, it's Psychology Today? Hahahaha. They couldn't even type the title right in the article, unless it's part 1 of a series and they're just teasing us with more genius analysis yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2021 2:17 PM

What about himbos?

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Yessss, and I am a biutifool arkitekt who can speek 5 lingos.

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2021 2:22 PM

You've never worked with models before, have you.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 2:07 AM

Really?

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 2:16 AM

I think it's more correlated to wealth and health which contribute to attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 2:32 AM

If you're born wealthy, you have more access to healthy foods, more free time for exercise, a better choice of high-quality clothing and more opportunities to achieve higher education and learn a skill. A healthy physique, a good sense of style and a high-paying job will make you attractive and that will attract a good-looking mate and increase the chance to produce attractive children. Those children will also get opportunities for more education and again attract attractive partners. It's a cycle.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 2:38 AM

Well, I think that wealthy people are slightly more likely to be physically attractive, and not just because they have the resources to dress better, exercise more, eat better food, and see the best hairdressers and plastic surgeons. There's also the fact that those who marry up, into the upper classes or the educated classes, are more likely to be physically attractive and to pass on good-looking genes to their offspring.

And of course, teachers treat good-looking students better, and there's no intelligence test that isn't biased towards those with good education and good social standing.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 2:41 AM

I think most people ugly and beautiful are fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] Beautiful people are more intelligent I

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 2:52 AM

I've read before that there is a correlation between brains and looks, to the effect that, contrary to the popular view of a bespectacled nerd called Eugene, very intelligent people are more often good-looking than not. It doesn't mean they all look like Heddy Lamarr, though obviously one of them did.

I mean, Bill Clinton and Obama v W and Twitler.

That sounds a more sensible slant than "beautiful people are more intelligent". I think we're all well aware from Hollywood, which has maybe the highest concentration of beautiful people in the world, that this doesn't fly.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 4:11 AM

Bad example, R13. Both Obama and Dubya are fairly good-looking, both Trump and Clinton are not. Clinton is by all accounts extremely attractive in person, but he's never been handsome. So your bad example gives us one good-looking and one ugly dolt, and one good-looking and one ugly smart person.

Although it certainly tells us a lot about the two parties they represent.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 4:18 AM

If you read the article, they claim the average difference in IQ between an average looking person and an extremely attractive person was 3 IQ points.

He also says weird shit like "... women on average are physically more attractive than men. " Was this determination made before or after makeup? Line them up, wipe their faces clean, and run the test again.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 4:30 AM

Considering the classmates I had at a top law school, I'd say this claim is bogus.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 4:33 AM

r15, I picked up on the same thing. The difference between the "ugly" and the "beautiful" was not huge. Just a few points difference

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 4:37 AM

I'm a double threat, baby!

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!