Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Busy Philipps Announces "My 12-Year-Old Child Is Gay" & Uses Pronouns

The 41-year-old actress revealed Birdie, now 12, came out as gay when she was 10, on Thursday's episode of her Busy Philipps Is Doing Her Best podcast (link below). Philipps also shared that Birdie prefers they/them pronouns.

"For those of you who are my friends listening at home, this is the first you're hearing that Birdie is gay and out," Philipps told her cohosts Shantira Jackson and Caissie St. Onge. "Birdie told us at 10 years old and we immediately... I mean obviously, I knew that Birdie knew."

Philipps shares Birdie and 7-year-old daughter Cricket Pearl with her husband, screenwriter Marc Silverstein.

Elsewhere in the podcast, Philipps spoke about Birdie's pronouns.

"I said, 'You know, Bird, I've been doing a bad job with the pronouns,' " Philipps recalled. "Because Birdie said that they would like their pronouns to be they/them, and I haven't been doing it, and I said because I have this public persona and I want Birdie to be in control of their own narrative and not have to answer to anybody outside of our friends and family if they don't want to."

Philipps continued, "Bird was like, 'I don’t give a f—. You can talk about how I’m gay and out; you can talk about my pronouns. That would be cool with me. That’s great.' So I said, ‘OK, I can talk about it on the podcast.' "

"So Birdie, my out kid, prefers they/them," she added. "I f— up sometimes, but I’m trying my best at that, too."

The Dawson's Creek actress went on to share that she recently found Birdie "lying on the floor in the dark" listening to Harry Styles' Fine Line album on repeat in a moment of deep introspection from the preteen.

"I was like, ‘Are you alright? Do you want to talk about anything?’ And Birdie said, ‘It’s just I feel like I’m alive, but I’m not really living, you know? And I just want the living part to start,' " Philipps said.

"I got really emotional because I said, well, first off, welcome to being my daughter, but I want to say this to you because I wish someone had said this to me: 'This is living, you can’t wait for it to start… You can’t think, if only I can get to X, I can start living,' " the actress continued. "I said to [Birdie], 'The other thing I want to tell you that I wish I had known is: You get to build your life however the f— you want to, and it doesn’t have to look like anything you’ve ever seen or anything that’s ever been modeled for you because maybe it doesn’t exist.' "

The White Chicks star added, "'You get to choose what will make you feel fulfilled and happy. It doesn’t have to be any of these constructs that we’ve all been fed our whole lives. This is a different world that you get to f—ing build."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 8, 2021 12:05 AM

Umm ok. Why does Busy Phillips have so many moles everywhere. She was in neutrogena commercial and I had to look away. I find moles everywhere so unattractive. Same on Gigi too

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2021 1:30 AM

Birdie and Cricket? Good lord.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2021 1:30 AM

Fascinating....

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote]The Dawson's Creek actress went on to share that she recently found Birdie "lying on the floor in the dark" listening to Harry Styles' Fine Line album on repeat in a moment of deep introspection from the preteen. "I was like, ‘Are you alright? Do you want to talk about anything?’ And Birdie said, ‘It’s just I feel like I’m alive, but I’m not really living, you know? And I just want the living part to start,' " Philipps said.

This didn't happen.

But if it did, this 10-year old is more insufferable than her mother and that's some feat.

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2021 1:32 AM

R2 Demi: Rumer, Talulah, Scout Gwyneth: Apple, Moses

And so on...

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2021 1:35 AM

What a load of crap. I hope there’s something left for the kid to inherit, because it’s obvious it will never be able to hold a job anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2021 1:40 AM

If my 12 year old self had said fuck in front of my parents, there would have been bloodshed, but I'm fucking old.

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2021 1:40 AM

I'm not old r7, and that pisses me off too. Don't fucking let your kids swear, it's gross.

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Preteen and teen dykes almost never remain dykes after they leave their "queer" friends' groups. It often is just a phase.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2021 1:44 AM

Is Birdie a cis-female turned gay trans-man?

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2021 1:47 AM

Only a pompous ass like Busy would name their kids Cricket and Birdie.

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2021 1:54 AM

Is she on hormones? When is her top surgery?

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2021 1:57 AM

R7, my 12-year-old self got a slap in the face by my mother for saying fuck. She didn’t hear me say it, but my sister told her that I did.

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2021 1:58 AM

R11 I read that three times and still can't wrap my head around the concept so I guess I'm a hopeless fossil.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2021 1:59 AM

R15

No, you’re sane.

That sentence is postmodern bullshit nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2021 2:02 AM

Pronouns are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2021 2:03 AM

It is apparent that Busy can't go two sentences without saying Fuck so Birdie knows the word is more than acceptable to her mother. It is the very essence of verbal expression (for the Philipps family).

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2021 2:04 AM

Whatever happened to Naomi Watts’ incredibly girly younger son?

by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2021 2:07 AM

I need something to one up all the other LA moms, and seeing as I don't have a career anymore, I took a leaf out of Meghan and Harry's playbook and decided to put my kid to good use to keep my name in the press.

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2021 2:07 AM

Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 21January 1, 2021 2:31 AM

Did those kids inherit her disgusting moles on her face and neck?

by Anonymousreply 22January 1, 2021 2:33 AM

Busy lezzed out with her BFF Michelle Williams, so it runs in the family.

by Anonymousreply 23January 1, 2021 2:44 AM

No one over 40 is ever going to 'honor pronouns'. They just won't call you at all.

by Anonymousreply 24January 1, 2021 3:18 AM

This is why I did not raise my children in Los Angeles.

I'm very liberal, as you know, but bored and unemployed actresses can create such an incredibly surprising confluence of events that you never thought would blow up in your face, but eventually do.

by Anonymousreply 25January 1, 2021 3:44 AM

She's already dressing like Helen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 1, 2021 2:29 PM

Imagine discovering your sexuality as a kid and your mum announcing it everywhere to the media. Yes, Busy said Birdie agreed. But they're are 12 - nobody at that age can decide what information about their lives they want in tabloid media or not. It's up to the parents to ensure a safe, sane, healthy environment (without tabloid headlines), where children can discover themselves, grow and gain experience in the years to come.

by Anonymousreply 27January 1, 2021 2:55 PM

Meh, young dykes generally love the attention. Watch them in their friends' groups -- all they talk about is gender and sexuality. I saw a young gay say on Reddit that in his high school the queer kids always spend recess painting rainbow flags. It's their whole personality.

by Anonymousreply 28January 1, 2021 5:21 PM

If Birdie chooses non-binary pronouns then doesn’t that mean that they identify as neither male nor female? I.e. gender non-binary? And if so, then wouldn’t they be as likely gay as straight?

I’m not being disingenuous, but I can’t get my head around it.

by Anonymousreply 29January 1, 2021 5:49 PM

Gay? Sounds trans to me.

by Anonymousreply 30January 1, 2021 5:53 PM

Boring! Wake me up when she decides she's a trans person of color.

by Anonymousreply 31January 1, 2021 5:55 PM

Parents who force their kids to be trannies should be arrested. Child abuse pure and simple. Charlize Theron belongs in prison.

by Anonymousreply 32January 1, 2021 6:01 PM

I follow Busy on Instagram (I know I know fucking SUE ME) and actually Birdie is kind of great despite her stupid name. Great style, seems to think her mom is an idiot and now apparently a tiny lez. She’s not a loudmouth kid - she’s quiet but seems self-possessed. She always seemed like of different - not in a bad way - but definitely in a queer way. It makes sense.

When they lived in LA, she was apparently miserable and silent but since they’ve moved to NY she’s really thrived.

Good for her and good for Busy for talking about it and being supportive. Straight fraus talk about their boring ass straight children all the fucking time. So what if this one wants to talk about her lez daughter? I wish my parents had been more supportive about my sexuality - maybe I wouldn’t be so fucked up and self-hating now.

Sorry for the outburst. I’ve just followed her for a long time now (I know I know) and I was thought this announcement was kind of nice. So yeah. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 33January 1, 2021 6:04 PM

r19, She gave him up for adoption, or rehomed as she describes it.

by Anonymousreply 34January 1, 2021 6:06 PM

R33 the kid is obviously lesbian, so why they/them? Just let her grow up and decide when she’s older whether she wants to chop her tits off and grow a penis?

by Anonymousreply 35January 1, 2021 6:07 PM

Surely naming one’s children Birdie and Cricket Pearl should be considered child abuse?

by Anonymousreply 36January 1, 2021 6:08 PM

I think they are cute names, maybe for a dog. I don't like Apple, Rumer, and the others though.

by Anonymousreply 37January 1, 2021 6:10 PM

R33 the fact that any of us know so much about a non-famous 12 year old girl, simply by virtue of boundary-lacking mother, is the tragedy here. Birdie might be a cool kid, who knows? But her life shouldn’t be up for public consumption.

by Anonymousreply 38January 1, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote]Whatever happened to Naomi Watts’ incredibly girly younger son?

Still around, still girly and wearing pinafores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 1, 2021 6:12 PM

Gays are obsessed with pronouns too?

by Anonymousreply 40January 1, 2021 6:12 PM

No r40 we are not.

by Anonymousreply 41January 1, 2021 6:13 PM

Wait - why would you use different pronouns if you say you are gay? Isn't that a non-binary/trans thing?

Or have we reached peak mental illness and now presume anyone gay or lesbian is of a different gender identity and we have to use different pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 42January 1, 2021 6:16 PM

Is her daughter missing a neck like her mother is?

by Anonymousreply 43January 1, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote] , ‘It’s just I feel like I’m alive, but I’m not really living, you know? And I just want the living part to start,'

I picture little Birdie sat in an empty bar sipping from her juicebox. Looking at the people hurry past the window in the rain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 1, 2021 6:19 PM

I"m still blown away that this bitch's parents decided to name her "Busy". Did they think she'd end up as a prostitute?

by Anonymousreply 45January 1, 2021 6:23 PM

Her real name is Elizabeth. Busy is a nickname.

by Anonymousreply 46January 1, 2021 6:25 PM

Hey, at least they didn't name her Lazy Philipps.

by Anonymousreply 47January 1, 2021 6:25 PM

R38 I agree but then I also feel like who cares to a certain extent? The kids today all start putting themselves on social media as preteens - fraus start putting their kids all over Facebook as babies - everyone is over sharing everything. It’s different from when I was a kid? So maybe the long term effects of some random actress talking about her daughter won’t be as severe as we think? busy’s audience seems to be largely fraus (and this ridiculous gay man) so those fraus probably overshare about their kids too.

I go back and forth about it. It will be interesting to see how all these kids turn out. Their lives have been all over social media since ultrasounds.

Strange world.

by Anonymousreply 48January 1, 2021 6:27 PM

Has (white) Michelle Williams commented? Hell did (black) Michelle say anything too?

by Anonymousreply 49January 1, 2021 6:28 PM

Will incredibly competitive James Van Der Beek announce that two of his children are gay now?

by Anonymousreply 50January 1, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote]Will incredibly competitive James Van Der Beek announce that two of his children are gay now?

Yes, two of the miscarried kids.

by Anonymousreply 51January 1, 2021 6:33 PM

Busy is exhausting and has been for awhile. She'll lend her name to anything that'll make her $$$, so obviously she thinks she'll glean something from this lesbian pre-teen. I speak from experience...she needs to do a social media cleanse for at least a month and begin either internalizing some of what she overshares, or share it with a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 52January 1, 2021 6:46 PM

As awful as the nepotism kids working in Hollywood today are, the next generation will be worse.

Is there any truth to those rumors that actresses have a "club" where they force their kids to be "trans"? I dismissed it as Enty BS, but it seems like every month, another actress talks about this shit.

by Anonymousreply 53January 1, 2021 6:50 PM

Busy makes Tori Spelling look like a slacker.

by Anonymousreply 54January 1, 2021 6:54 PM

What the fuck kind of parent discusses her child's sexuality in public let alone announces it to the world. Totally inappropriate.

Sexualizing children, even adolescents, is just asking for trouble.

Leave them alone to mature in private.

by Anonymousreply 55January 1, 2021 7:39 PM

My father said he knew I was gay from a very young age, but I don't recall having a sexual identity at the age of 12. Is it common now for kids to know so young?

by Anonymousreply 56January 1, 2021 9:20 PM

I wish people would stop trying to make Busy Phillips happen.

Vapid. Pointless. Nothing.

Using her child for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 57January 1, 2021 10:19 PM

[quote]Birdie is kind of great despite her stupid name. Great style, seems to think her mom is an idiot and now apparently a tiny lez. She’s not a loudmouth kid - she’s quiet but seems self-possessed. She always seemed like of different - not in a bad way - but definitely in a queer way. It makes sense. When they lived in LA, she was apparently miserable and silent but since they’ve moved to NY she’s really thrived.

The fact that you, a grown man, even knows this much about a stranger's 12-year-old just illustrates how screwed-up all this SM oversharing is. I'm not blaming you or anything, I'm more blaming that psycho bitch Busy for her shit boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 58January 2, 2021 3:03 AM

Birdie Silverstein sounds like the name of an 80-year-old grandmother.

I don’t know what to make of the name Cricket Silverstein.

by Anonymousreply 59January 2, 2021 5:53 AM

Mass trans hysteria among adults, applied to innocent children.

by Anonymousreply 60January 2, 2021 6:00 AM

Wow, an attention whore found a way to get social media posts for a few days. How totally amazing.

by Anonymousreply 61January 2, 2021 6:06 AM

To quote Joan Cusack in "In and Out":

IS EVERYBODY TRANS????!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 62January 2, 2021 6:44 AM

Yes, I've heard of this club, R53. I don't know that you force your kids to be trans, but the rules are that the kid must be trans and any potential member has to be an Oscar winning actress. I think it's Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie - there are a few others I can't remember.

On one hand, I really liked Busy's message and I wish my parents had been that cool with me. On the other, the public sharing, and as another poster pointed out, the fact that grown men are discussing this girl to begin with seems like Busy is violating boundaries that her daughter might not appreciate later. I hope she stays a lesbian if that's what she choses and doesn't become trans.

by Anonymousreply 63January 2, 2021 7:02 AM

I thought Busy Phillips is a lesbian??

by Anonymousreply 64January 2, 2021 8:46 AM

I also don’t get why the child wants to use “they/them” pronouns if he’s gay. I thought that was when you don’t identify as straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. You are somewhere in between. I don’t think either one of them knows what they’re taking about.

by Anonymousreply 65January 2, 2021 11:04 AM

I'm all for originality, but Cricket and Birdie sound like the names of two Labrador retrievers. I must keep this in mind when I get my next dog.

by Anonymousreply 66January 2, 2021 12:57 PM

...when your child comes out as exhausting and your name is Busy. Oh hunny you ain’t seen nothing yet!!!

by Anonymousreply 67January 2, 2021 1:11 PM

Poor girl, thinking that being gay is exactly what the queer social media mob has decided it is. Even worse is that her mother is encouraging the whole thing for her own glory. And what do pronouns have to do with being gay? Realizing that you're a particular sex & are attracted to that same sex pretty much indicates that you have a good drip on gender identity. Does this kid's preference for they/them mean that they are only attracted to other they/thems? After all, that's what it would mean to be a gay they/them...? This is all a mindfuck for a rational, logical person like myself, so I can't even pretend to understand what's going on inside the mind of people who actually rationalize & believe this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 68January 2, 2021 1:16 PM

I doubt that her daughter will date a woman, everyone calls themselves gay these days.

by Anonymousreply 69January 2, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote] I follow Busy on Instagram (I know I know fucking SUE ME) and actually Birdie is kind of great despite her stupid name. Great style, seems to think her mom is an idiot and now apparently a tiny lez. She’s not a loudmouth kid - she’s quiet but seems self-possessed. She always seemed like of different - not in a bad way - but definitely in a queer way. It makes sense.

Oh god, 12 year olds have thought their parents were idiots forever. That's the least unique thing in the world. She just sounds like another dopey tween girl who is terrified of being ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 70January 2, 2021 2:03 PM

The fact that a 12-year-old casually uses "fuck" in conversation with her mother indicates the lack of healthy boundaries in this family, even without the other baggage. Sounds like Busy is really invested in being a "cool mom."

by Anonymousreply 71January 2, 2021 5:55 PM

Being a professional hanger on to Michelle Williams never really panned out, did it?

by Anonymousreply 72January 2, 2021 6:43 PM

Didn’t Busy date Melissa Etheridge briefly not that long ago?

by Anonymousreply 73January 4, 2021 8:57 AM

[quote] Birdie said, ‘It’s just I feel like I’m alive, but I’m not really living, you know? And I just want the living part to start,' "

Sounds like she doesn’t want to wait for her life to be over.

You bitches are slipping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 4, 2021 9:11 AM

Didnt Busy say she didn't want to act anymore?

by Anonymousreply 75January 4, 2021 9:26 AM

When I was 12 I was still watching kids tv and didn’t give a thought about my sexuality or gender identity.

by Anonymousreply 76January 4, 2021 9:41 AM

[quote] When I was 12 I was still watching kids tv and didn’t give a thought about my sexuality or gender identity.

Most healthy non castrated kids at 12 already give thought to their sexuality, it's part of life to have a crush on a boy/girl or at least some infatuation with a celebrity or tv character. Many gays never had that because we were castrated by society. Kids today aren't like that anymore so they're expressing it freely. This seems ok to me except for the mom posting it online.

by Anonymousreply 77January 4, 2021 9:45 AM

Her name is a little misleading though. Shouldn't it really be Out-Of-Work Phillips?

by Anonymousreply 78January 4, 2021 9:55 AM

"came out as gay when she was 10" No way can a 10 year old come out to their parents. Which 10 year old thinks about their (still non existing) sexualities and not what toys or video games they want their parents to buy them? Ok, even if she's very mature for her age and realized she is attracted to other girls, there is no way she came up with they/them pronouns on her own. What kid does know about that stuff?

by Anonymousreply 79January 4, 2021 9:58 AM

R73 No

by Anonymousreply 80January 4, 2021 9:58 AM

[quote] Which 10 year old thinks about their (still non existing) sexualities and not what toys or video games they want their parents to buy them?

Do you even know any kids? You do realize sexuality is more than just sex, right? Many kids at 10 already have non sexual crushes on boys or girls. My niece was drooling over some Disney channel boy crush at 11, finding him dreamy and all. That's expressing a sexuality. It's surreal I even have to point this out.

My other niece is 8 and though she has no intention to deal with boys, she's in love with Harry Styles, possibly to copy her older sister but still, that's a demonstration of sexuality as well.

by Anonymousreply 81January 4, 2021 10:07 AM

"My other niece is 8 and though she has no intention to deal with boys" Wait, what?

by Anonymousreply 82January 4, 2021 10:13 AM

[quote]The Dawson's Creek actress went on to share that she recently found Birdie "lying on the floor in the dark" listening to Harry Styles' Fine Line album on repeat in a moment of deep introspection from the preteen.

This is where I take my exit.

by Anonymousreply 83January 4, 2021 10:17 AM

[quote] My other niece is 8 and though she has no intention to deal with boys" Wait, what?

I meant when we ask her if she likes any boys at school she says they're annoying and she only has girlfriends, but she does find Harry Styles to be dreamy, which I pointed out is probably due to her older sister being a teen and obsessed with him.

Young kids do talk about sexuality, I don't understand what the big deal is. Sexuality includes infatuation, it's not exclusive to sex.

I actually believe that Busy's daughter is listening to Harry and thinking about him because my 8 year old niece as I said before, does the same.

by Anonymousreply 84January 4, 2021 10:21 AM

Kelly Oxford's son better start transitioning!

by Anonymousreply 85January 4, 2021 10:22 AM

[quote]You get to build your life however the f— you want to, and it doesn’t have to look like anything you’ve ever seen or anything that’s ever been modeled for you because maybe it doesn’t exist.' " The White Chicks star added, "'You get to choose what will make you feel fulfilled and happy. It doesn’t have to be any of these constructs that we’ve all been fed our whole lives. This is a different world that you get to f—ing build."

This part I can't hate on.

by Anonymousreply 86January 4, 2021 10:25 AM

[quote]I actually believe that Busy's daughter is listening to Harry and thinking about him because my 8 year old niece as I said before, does the same.

But they don't really know what sexuality actually is because they can't experience it at 8 years old R84. 8 or 10 years old is far too young to know if you're gay or not. At 10 years old child is a child. Just a child enjoying their childhood and learning via new experiences. This is too much pressure to place on children in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 87January 4, 2021 10:34 AM

[quote] Most healthy noncastrated kids at 12 already give thought to their sexuality, it's part of life to have a crush on a boy/girl or at least some infatuation with a celebrity or tv character.

Well, you could call me a sick kid, then, because I was very late to bloom (didn’t go through puberty until age fourteen), and at eleven years old I was still watching kids cartoons and not giving a conscious glimmer of thought to sexuality. I couldn’t even figure out the mechanics or the meaning of innocent games of kisschase, and wasn’t even aware that I was experiencing crushes until I was in late-middle/highschool.

What you say may be true for the majority, but not all of us fit in your neat little psychological boxes, there, Siggy.

by Anonymousreply 88January 4, 2021 10:37 AM

I didn't mean it that way R88, as I was also castrated by society as a teen because I was gay and had no role models. I didn't think about sex with anyone till I was 20, though I did masturbate a lot, I wasn't a saint.

I think most kids born before the 1990s will feel the same. Of course not everyone is the same, but this is a very well documented behavior and development issue mapped by psychologists of gay teens of that era, I don't know why are you so angry about that.

[quote] But they don't really know what sexuality actually is because they can't experience it at 8 years old [R84].

Yes they do, infatuation is sexuality and kids, specially boys start to get aroused as early as 4 . You should read a modern book on the development of children and sexuality, your perspective on this issue is very antiquated.

by Anonymousreply 89January 4, 2021 10:48 AM

Being castrated sucks.

by Anonymousreply 90January 4, 2021 10:52 AM

I agree that age 10 is too young to know for sure that you're gay or straight. Kids who grow up to be straight get same sex crushes at that age, and kids who grow up to be gay can have opposite sex crushes. And her mother absolutely needs to not be broadcasting these private conversations, regardless of whether or not her daughter tells her "I don't give a fuck," which by the way, doesn't sound so much like an enthusiastic yes as it sounds like resentful acquiescence.

I'm also confused as to how you can be both non-binary and gay. If you're both sexes (which is impossible, even for those who are intersex, but whatever) then you aren't either straight or gay.

by Anonymousreply 91January 4, 2021 12:32 PM

I see a Mother/Daughter preteen lesbian fashion line at some upscale market boutique being introduced by them before summer. Something along the line of Busy &Birdie Threads!

by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2021 12:46 PM

R84 "I meant when we ask her if she likes any boys at school she says they're annoying and she only has girlfriends, but she does find Harry Styles to be dreamy" You just proved my point with this

by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2021 1:11 PM

It could be called "Bussie" maybe R92

by Anonymousreply 94January 4, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote] You just proved my point with this

No I didn't. I'll insist on you reading a book on child development that is current. There's a difference between infatuation with sexes and or attraction and the socializing of kids of opposite genders. Anyway I won't waste my time with this, google is one tab away from you...

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2021 1:40 PM

[quote]Didnt Busy say she didn't want to act anymore?

The public doesn't want Busy to "act" anymore.

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2021 3:45 PM

Another gay they.

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2021 4:15 PM

R91 I agree, at this age things just aren't set in stone yet. Of course kids can have crushes of all kinds and many play with dolls having sex and all. Or they are curious about each other's bodies. Or they totally don't want to socialise with the opposite gender. But this is not sex (hopefully or something went very wrong) and not sexuality in the same sense as it is later. They're basically still exploring the world at that age. Once they hit puberty and had some actual sexual experiences and maybe at least a deep infatuation with a real person (not a celebrity) and not just a superficial crush, then we're talking.

And I've known a bunch of teenage girls (14-16) that were all talking about how gay they are, because they find female celebrities attractive and that they only want to have girlfriends and live in cosy little cottages with them and go to the farmer's market together. But once things got more serious, they realised they didn't want to go down on a woman after all and munch that pussy and suddenly were miraculously straight. It's still an age of finding your way, just like not every gay man knew from birth he's 100 % gay, but might have tried out the girlfriend thing in high school before he realised this ain't it.

Some people know very early, some don't. Give kids time to find out in which category they fall.

by Anonymousreply 98January 5, 2021 7:08 AM

A 10 year old freak coming out as gay. Normalizing pedophilia. That's what sexualizing kids is all about. 10 year olds should not have a fucking sexual identity.

by Anonymousreply 99January 5, 2021 7:24 AM

Ugh, these moms who parade their kids on social media for attention. Her pal Kelly Oxford used to do it a lot, but less so now. They're both masters of coming up with droll captions justifying yet another selfie.

I miss the days when this kind of behavior would have been considered totally uncool and embarrassing. Though maybe such a time never really existed.

by Anonymousreply 100February 7, 2021 10:59 PM

When the sanest member of this family fucked her father for decades, you know there was some horrific shit going on at Laurel Canyon.

by Anonymousreply 101February 7, 2021 11:02 PM

Wrong family, R101

by Anonymousreply 102February 7, 2021 11:04 PM

I'm surprised Chynna isn't trying to bust through the front door to perform an exorcism.

by Anonymousreply 103February 7, 2021 11:04 PM

[Quote] A 10 year old freak coming out as gay. Normalizing pedophilia. That's what sexualizing kids is all about. 10 year olds should not have a fucking sexual identity.

I'm sure you flip the fuck out when someone asks a child if they have an opposite sex (boy/girl-) friend.

by Anonymousreply 104February 7, 2021 11:06 PM

[Quote] I agree, at this age things just aren't set in stone yet.

My sexuality was never not set in stone. I knew when I was six or seven.

by Anonymousreply 105February 7, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] Wrong family, [R101]

Thank God; after that creep composed the score for [italic]Myra Breckinridge[/italic], I wouldn't put anything past him.

by Anonymousreply 106February 8, 2021 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!