Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Worst Leading Lady of All Time

I’ll say Sean Young, what a cunt. Who would want to cast this bitch with her snide face and grating voice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 4, 2021 4:36 AM

Hi James!

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2020 4:57 PM

Was she the poor man’s Debra Winger?

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2020 4:58 PM

Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2020 5:03 PM

Well Merry Christmas to you, too, cunt!

Peace on Earth and ill will toward women, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2020 5:18 PM

R4 eat a fish taco, Dyke

by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2020 5:27 PM

Sean Young is actually a great actress

by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2020 5:31 PM

Sean Young isn’t even a serviceable actress.

by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2020 6:37 PM

I pick Gwyneth. Also Meg Ryan and Heigl

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2020 6:39 PM

Sean Young showed her potential in "Blade Runner" and "No Way Out." Just playing "I say so" proves nothing except the poster has an issue. Her personality and problems tripped her career up. Too bad.

For me, it's Meg Ryan, Gwyneth (her character's head in the box in "Se7en" was a movie-watching highlight, even if it wasn't seen) and ego-monster Julia Roberts ruin a movie for me. The worst of all? Meg Ryan.

Of course, the less-serious contenders are more assuredly bad - people such as Madonna, Jessica Alba, Tara Reid, Demi Moore, Megan Fox and the leaden Kristen Stewart.

Old timers?

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2020 7:11 PM

Oh. "Leading Lady."

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2020 7:11 PM

June Allyson

I hate her. I hate her. I hate her. I hate her. . . .

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2020 10:42 PM

Sean Young was in, like, two movies. She was excellent in Blade Runner. But unless you are James Woods or into film noir android sex play no one thinks about her.

by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2020 11:35 PM

She's a great actress but she blew it. She was kind of plain looking too.

by Anonymousreply 13December 27, 2020 2:35 AM

I like Sean. It's a shame that she had so many issues because she was great in Blade Runner and No Way Out.

by Anonymousreply 14December 27, 2020 8:04 AM

Jennifer Anniston - Saying that she is one dimensional is generous.

by Anonymousreply 15December 27, 2020 9:08 AM

Any youngish white actress who gets dubbed "America's Sweetheart" usually makes me want to barf.

Meg Ryan, Julia Roberts, Sandy Bullock, Jen Lawrence all belong to that category.

Reese W does too, but I kinda like that no matter how hard she tries to do the phony niceness bit, her flinty inner bitch always remains apparent. And I get the feeling Reese knows that everyone knows she is a fake, entitled cunt.

The only exception, much to my horror, has been DL fave Jen Aniston. In spite of her constant PR and her shit movies, I still find it comforting watching her on screen. There is something awkward and endearing about her, at least to me.

by Anonymousreply 16December 27, 2020 9:40 AM

Some crazy fuckers saying Sean Young is a good actress. Maybe because she reminds them of a man.

by Anonymousreply 17December 27, 2020 10:01 AM

Only on a gay forum would this thread get any traction whatsoever. There is no straight or bi boy in the 80s who didn't have Sean Youngs first Blade Runner scene on rollerdex for stroke sessions.

by Anonymousreply 18December 27, 2020 10:11 AM

Sean Young was Kate Gekko in Wall Street.

A small role, but still. Her line readings were pure silk compared to Darryl Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 19December 27, 2020 11:48 AM

Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 20December 27, 2020 12:02 PM

Perfect evil 👿 foil for Pet Detective 🕵🏻‍♂️ Jim Carrey

by Anonymousreply 21December 27, 2020 12:14 PM

Geena Davis in pirate movie. Jennifer garner. Sjp. Uma thurman. Fat Alicia silverstone. Mila kunis. Molly ringwald. Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 22December 27, 2020 12:16 PM

Kate Hudson!!! There’s another bitch named Kate who was in Superman can’t even get parts now. Not googling her. She’s god awful too.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2020 12:19 PM

Esther Williams. Thread closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2020 12:32 PM

Sean Young apparently had personal issues and seems a missed long term acting career like maybe Margot Kidder. A few memorable roles but great ones. There have been many far worse leading ladies, a few already mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2020 12:37 PM

So many shitty actresses, where to begin?!? Kristen Stewart with her rat face and one-tone acting? Or maybe Melissa McCarthy (trying so hard to be funny but was only successful in Bridesmaids)? Or wait! We can’t forget Jennifer Lopez and her movies which blends together because she’s a terrible actress?

by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2020 12:41 PM

Esther is definitely a finalist in worst category; in lack of ability, unmemorable movie portfolio and personal nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2020 12:43 PM

R26 watch ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ before you shit on Melissa McCarthy’s acting. She should have won the Oscar for it.

My vote goes to Demi Moore. I root for her, but she’s not much of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2020 12:45 PM

Nicole Kidman. Her weird accent and paralyzed face and 2 gay husbands and her forgotten-adopted children are all too strange and distracting to take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 29December 27, 2020 12:58 PM

How’s her owl, lol?

by Anonymousreply 30December 27, 2020 1:23 PM

Christine McVie.

Thankfully, someone with far more star power joined the band and soon eclipsed her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 27, 2020 1:26 PM

Audrey Hepburn. She was fantastically twee, mumsy and really couldn't act.

by Anonymousreply 32December 27, 2020 1:28 PM

Throw Amy Adams into this pile. Her best performances must be on the casting couch. Nothing on the screen makes me want to see any of her movies.

by Anonymousreply 33December 27, 2020 1:32 PM

Anne Hathaway. Insufferable Twat.

by Anonymousreply 34December 27, 2020 1:37 PM

Sean Young was not even attractive (how she got cast in hot girl roles is baffling), that on top of being a terrible actress, a psycho, and not even charismatic on screen to make up for all of the above, I’d have to agree shes in top contention.

Luckily her career flamed out pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 35December 31, 2020 4:51 AM

Of the great movie stars, Joan Crawford was the worst actress and most unlikeable. Long before Mommy dearest. She is pretty much talentless and not beautiful enough to serve as eye candy. Way too butch. Couldn't change her expression without Jekyll and Hyde like contortions. Really. Bad. Actress. Arched brows and sucked in cheeks was the extent of her acting talents. Off screen she had others.

by Anonymousreply 36December 31, 2020 5:48 AM

Geena Davis has made a second career out of age discrimination and even received a second Oscar for her work.

If you read Frank Langella's bio the reason she stopped getting acting roles wasn't her age but her ego.

On that pirate movie she was treated like Cleopatra. Carried around, fanned by heat stricken natives, shielded from the sun to not ruin her alabaster complexion.

Langella says she and her husband showed no consideration for the natives and worked them to death while she was pampered.

Then the film bombed.

by Anonymousreply 37December 31, 2020 5:57 AM

Worst leading lady is Jennifer Lawrence. She is a straight up cunt. Mediocre is every sense, save for her blowjob skills.

by Anonymousreply 38December 31, 2020 6:04 AM

R37 his book sounds pretty fucking dishy did you enjoy it?

by Anonymousreply 39December 31, 2020 6:06 AM

A teacher I had liked to tell the story of how a costumer friend of hers worked with Lawrence and she drove him crazy with the cheese doodle stains she would constantly make on her costumes.

by Anonymousreply 40December 31, 2020 6:06 AM

yes r37.

It is very dishy. So dishy that he tried to only write about people who are dead. (not sure how the Geena Davis part got in.)

My favorite story was how Anne Bancroft once told him she was in Macy's and she saw this woman across the store that she felt an incredible magnetic draw to. She said she was just hypnotized by the woman's aura and walked across the store to get closer only to find out the wall was a mirror and she was looking at herself.

by Anonymousreply 41December 31, 2020 6:09 AM

Not one word about Dune? Chani forever.

by Anonymousreply 42December 31, 2020 7:12 AM

I think Young’s looks were fine but she had a funny speaking voice that was distracting.

Paltrow and Aniston are in the top five for sure but the worst leading lady ever has to be Elizabeth Berridge in Amadeus. She’s the one wrong note in an otherwise near perfect film.

by Anonymousreply 43December 31, 2020 8:58 AM

Gwyneth wins this for me - hands down. I'm beyond perplexed thinking back to her meteoric rise after Seven (which she was downright awful in). Was it all about dating Brad? Her famous parents? I'm at a loss. She was weird looking to boot. Of course, then we were given a taste of her personality... Vile. Shakespeare in Love was God awful and she was the worst part of that over-rated piece of trash.

I also find Nicole Kidman to be repellent and have never understood her career either. Again, was it all about Tom? Perplexing. Really BAD actress, not attractive, terrible personality.. I will say that she shined in The Others however. Worth a look if you have never bothered (I didn't until years after it's release).

The above mention of Joan Crawford is perhaps understandable for some. I disagree, but I do get it - particularly if you have only watched some of her "campier" titles. I would advise watching Mildred Pierce and then getting back to us. Her performance was jaw-dropping IMO. Excellent movie in every way.

by Anonymousreply 44December 31, 2020 9:18 AM

[quote] Her line readings were pure silk

That's a lovely description, R19.

ThoughI have this attitude that 'line readings' are a necessity for theatre actors but not so important for on-screen performers because so often it's the editor/director who manufactures the 'line reading'.

by Anonymousreply 45December 31, 2020 10:32 AM

Daryl Hannah would have to be in the running. She is even only barely tolerable in Blade Runner.

by Anonymousreply 46December 31, 2020 12:30 PM

[quote] Sean Young

I think I've seen this woman in a couple of films and they seemed OK.

I know nothing about their off-screen behaviour but I remember the pointy nose and the two big luminous eyes reminding me of the intriguing, late Elsa Lanchester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 4, 2021 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!