Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rebecca Luker is dead to me

šŸ˜¢......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 7, 2021 4:09 PM

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2020 3:58 PM

Very sad.

She and her husband had a shit year - he got the COVIDs bad and, well, she died.

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2020 3:58 PM

Sad .

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2020 4:01 PM

A nice Birmingham girl by all accounts. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2020 4:03 PM

Oh noes! Fuckin' 2020.

As if NYC theatre folks hadn't suffered enough loss and deprivation this year.

by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2020 4:04 PM

All the things she was...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2020 4:04 PM

This one really breaks my heart. One of the best sopranos on Broadway. I first saw her as Amalia in "She Loves Me" in L.A. through Reprise and a year later saw her in "The Music Man", followed by "Nine", "Where's Charley?" at Encores and "Death Takes a Holiday" Off Broadway. I would have loved to have revisited "Fun Home" to see her as the mother. I'm sure she's being greeted by Barbara Cook and Marin Mazzie at the Pearly Gates.

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2020 4:06 PM

Not only a great performer, she was a warm and an immensely kind human being. Iā€™m glad sheā€™s no longer suffering. The angels choir gained another soprano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2020 4:13 PM

A reporter once asked her jokingly if anyone ever called her "Becky", and she replied "Yeah, Karen Ziemba, to make me mad." I always thought it expressed her feistiness under that sweetness, and it tied together two of my favorite Broadway performers to make them seem less like divas and more approachable.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2020 4:16 PM

I'm sorry, but what does "Diagnosed out of nowhere" mean? What an odd turn of phrase for an obit/memorial.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2020 4:16 PM

That's cute, R9.

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2020 4:30 PM

I'd gladly shoot another cover for People magazine to express my condolences

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2020 4:43 PM

too soon, r12. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Because an ALS diagnosis literally comes out of nowhere r10. Out of fucking nowhere.

Trust me, I know.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Ahhh, I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. Well I guess it was better to happen in 2020 than to stink up 2021 as well for Danny, but Xmas. That's rough.

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2020 4:44 PM

If Danny wins the Tony this year (long overdue), it will be twice as profound. He should have won for "Follies", and she should have had other chances to win one after three nominations.

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2020 4:51 PM

And yet Trump still lives.

There is no God.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2020 5:06 PM

It is obvious that Rebecca was one of the most beloved younger performers on Broadway. I googled her with various female performers (Marin M., Carolee C., Karen Z., Audra Mc., Sutton F., etc.), and there were pictures of her with all of them.

Rebecca really made me want to sing for my supper!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2020 5:17 PM

Sorry to hear this. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2020 5:31 PM

She had the voice of an angel.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2020 5:32 PM

It was shocking how rapidly the disease progressed in her. It was just over a year ago that she was diagnosed, and she revealed it publicly in - what, February?

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2020 5:40 PM

R6 your clip always makes me smile. Oh, look! Interpretive dance!

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2020 5:41 PM

Her husband Danny is one of the nicest guys Iā€™ve ever met on sets.

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2020 5:53 PM

In "The Music Man"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 23, 2020 6:02 PM

In "The Sound of Music"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2020 6:03 PM

R14, I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I thought an "out of nowhere" diagnosis means that there aren't any symptoms. Or that something was found while looking for something else. Is ALS like that?

I know it's a dreadful disease.

by Anonymousreply 26December 23, 2020 6:04 PM

In "Nine"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2020 6:04 PM

In "She Loves Me"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2020 6:05 PM

Rebecca did have some symptoms throughout last year, but it was still a shock when the diagnosis came back as grim as it did. ALS is always a terminal diagnosis, but some patients have lived as long as five years or more.. That was the hope for her.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2020 6:09 PM

Very sad.

She and Danny are extraordinary performers and wonderful people.

He must be absolutely devastated

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2020 6:10 PM

Sunset Boulevard In Concert At Home is streaming until January 9th

Iā€™ll be wanking off to Danny Macā€™s hot feets during the title song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2020 6:20 PM

Oops, wrong thread, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2020 6:21 PM

[quote] ALS is always a terminal diagnosis, but some patients have lived as long as five years or more..

or longer!

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2020 6:21 PM

It's a horrible way to die. I am so sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2020 6:22 PM

I've been crying since I got the news this morning. I've known her and Danny since the days of Time And Again and Harmony. Such a goddess onstage, and so funny and down to earth offstage.

To quote Audra McDonald: "FUCK 2020!"

by Anonymousreply 35December 23, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote] As if NYC theatre folks hadn't suffered enough loss and deprivation this year.

Truly the people to feel the most sorry for after hearing this news!

by Anonymousreply 36December 23, 2020 6:37 PM

[quote] I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I thought an "out of nowhere" diagnosis means that there aren't any symptoms. Or that something was found while looking for something else. Is ALS like that?

No disrepect felt gentle r26.

Wolfie began to lose the use of his hands in early summer 2019. He was 73 and we assumed it was some form of arthritis that he would just have to live with. Due to the superior health care system here in the U.S. we were not able to see a doctor until September. She referred him to a neurologist saying she was unable to make a diagnosis without expert assistance. We saw the neurologist in mid-October and received the diagnosis that knocked us on our asses.

He died in September 2020, the year that will forever be reviled.

Watching someone you have loved and relied upon for 40 years gradually lose the use of his hands, then his arms, then his legs, then his ability to swallow and then the power of speech is something I would not wish on anyone. I could tell him I loved him and he could nod. I could ask him what he needed and he could say nothing. So we held hands and looked into each others eyes.

His death was a devastating blessing, if that means anything.

So yeah, the diagnosis was out of FUCKING NOWHERE. Believe me.

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2020 6:50 PM

Who's Wolfie?

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2020 6:54 PM

She was such a lovely presence on Broadway. She could sing those difficult soprano roles but she still could make them her own--she never sounded like she was trying to imitate Barbara Cook or Julie Andrews or anyone else. And in "The Secret Garden" she got to originate on Broadway a great soprano role (Lily) she made all her own.

by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2020 7:03 PM

Read r14, r38

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Was it Rebecca who was screwed out of being Broadway's original POTO "Christine" due to ALW threatening to pull the production if they didn't cast Sarah Brightman?

by Anonymousreply 41December 23, 2020 7:18 PM

She did understudy La Blightman, and went on for her. Lovely Tweet from Michael Crawford this morning.

by Anonymousreply 42December 23, 2020 7:22 PM

I think people would think about "Phantom of the Opera" very differently if the original Christine on Broadway had been Rebecca Luker 9who could act) rather than Sarah Brightman (who cannot to save her life).

It was all for nothing. In just a few years ALW divorced Brightman and moved on to the next wife.

by Anonymousreply 43December 23, 2020 7:28 PM

Goodnite. Rebecca Luker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 23, 2020 7:29 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 45December 23, 2020 7:31 PM

Okay, R45, so she had a penchant for sleeping with her leading men. Who among us is without sin in that regard?

by Anonymousreply 46December 23, 2020 7:33 PM

To add just a little more love, I adore her on the recordings of Sweet Little Devil, The Land Where the Good Songs Go, Jule Styne in Hollywood and, of course, all of her own recordings.

by Anonymousreply 47December 23, 2020 7:41 PM

Honestly, she was never bad in anything, and she was regularly a highlight of whatever project she graced. She was absolutely brilliant in The Secret Garden. Sadly, Broadway never got to see her best-ever acting, in the Barry Manilow musical Harmony. I saw her do that five times and she reduced me to tears every time.

by Anonymousreply 48December 23, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote] Who among us is without sin in that regard?

Me. I've never had a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 49December 23, 2020 7:52 PM

My condolences, R49!

by Anonymousreply 50December 23, 2020 7:54 PM

It was Patti Cohenauer who got screwed over when Equity okā€™d Brightman.

by Anonymousreply 51December 23, 2020 7:55 PM

No, R51, it was the audience who got screwed over when Equity ok'd Brightman.

by Anonymousreply 52December 23, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote] it was the audience who got screwed over when Equity ok'd Brightman.

It was ALW show - he could cast whoever he wanted - if he wanted to cast the cleaning lady as Christine, that was his call

Equity would not sign off on the casting of Brightman as they said it would deny an American a star-making role

ALW threatened to pull the show, which would have cost Broadway millions of dollars and jobs

So do you think Equity should have called his bluff, and chance all the jobs that would be lost?

btw Emma Thompson faced a similar fate - She originated the female lead in "Me & My Girl" in London. Equity refused to sign-off on her casting as she was an unknown back then, Maryann Plunkett got the part and Tony Award to boot

So if you agree with Equity refusing to signoff on Brightman, then you would also agree with how they sandbagged Emma Thompson for Maryann Plunkett - who no one could pick out of a line-up

by Anonymousreply 53December 23, 2020 8:04 PM

I had forgotten for a moment that Rebecca had been married to Greg Jbara, but then of course I recalled the whole Mark Jacoby affair, as I was working on Bway at the time. I find it very interesting that neither one of them lists the other on their Wikipedia pages as former spouse. It seems to have been erased from every official bio, as well

by Anonymousreply 54December 23, 2020 8:09 PM

Maryann Plunkett was wonderful in Me and My Girl and many other plays and musicals. Please donā€™t dismiss her.

by Anonymousreply 55December 23, 2020 8:09 PM

Whoah, R53. I can most certainly pick Maryann Plunkett out of line-up. She was (and is) an extremely talented performer. After replacing Bernadette Peters in Sunday in the Park with George she put her career aside to raise her family. Equity is doing its job, standing up for its members. The real asshole in the situation was ALW.

by Anonymousreply 56December 23, 2020 8:10 PM

Maryann Plunkett is an incredibly talented performer, both in musicals and straight plays. I worked with her for two seasons at NAT and she consistently gave great performances. Emma Thompson, OTOH, is terrible in musical theater.

by Anonymousreply 57December 23, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote] . Emma Thompson, OTOH, is terrible in musical theater.

Having never seen her in any musical theater

by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2020 8:31 PM

I saw here play Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd. Can't say I'm a fan of her singing -but she is a helluva actress and her comedic timing is impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 59December 23, 2020 8:32 PM

[quote] Having never seen her in any musical theater

Are you speaking for me? Because I have.

by Anonymousreply 60December 23, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote] Are you speaking for me? Because I have.

Then list them

by Anonymousreply 61December 23, 2020 8:36 PM

As Broadway had never heard of Emma Thompson when Me and My Girl opened, we wouldn't have missed her.

by Anonymousreply 62December 23, 2020 9:18 PM

Jbara posted the Playbill story about Rebecca's passing on his Facebook page today.

by Anonymousreply 63December 23, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote]I saw here play Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd. Can't say I'm a fan of her singing -but she is a helluva actress and her comedic timing is impeccable.

I found Emma Thompsons singing AND acting atrocious in that Sweeney Todd concert. And I say that as a big fan of her film work.

But, back to the subject at hand, Rebecca Luker was a WONDERFUL performer. Such a beautiful voice, but one which always sounded like the character -- you heard the beating heart of the woman -- not just the technique of a fine singer. She'll be missed.

by Anonymousreply 64December 23, 2020 10:20 PM

Actually saw her in Phantom 30 years ago tomorrow night, Christmas Eve , 1990. Very talented lady. Rest on Peace.

by Anonymousreply 65December 23, 2020 10:25 PM

So, ROP, r65?

by Anonymousreply 66December 23, 2020 10:29 PM

There are a couple of clips of Emma Thompson in "Me & My Girl" up on YouTube. Her singing voice is okay, but it was better sung by Maryann Plunkett.

by Anonymousreply 67December 23, 2020 10:31 PM

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 68December 23, 2020 10:50 PM

Who are they, r68?

by Anonymousreply 69December 23, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote] Okay, [R45], so she had a penchant for sleeping with her leading men. Who among us is without sin in that regard?

We know you think that, Princess Grace.

by Anonymousreply 70December 23, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote] There are a couple of clips of Emma Thompson in "Me & My Girl" up on YouTube.

Emma Thompson got her start as a big name in theatre by starring in "Me & My Gal," in the West End in the famous 80s revival, but she was incredibly ungrateful about it. She said she thought if she ever had to sing "The Lambeth Walk" again in her life she would kill herself.

by Anonymousreply 71December 23, 2020 11:09 PM

Emma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 23, 2020 11:13 PM

Rebecca in TSOM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 23, 2020 11:14 PM

R66 I swear to God, I HATE autocorrect. For no reason, they change if to of, nut to but, and on to in. I need to find out how to shut the damn thing off.

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2020 11:21 PM

She's a little wobbly on that rendition of "I Have Confidence"--first time I've ever heard her not sing the notes perfectly.

I'm glad that they added that song from the film to most staged versions. It's one of the best "I want" songs from any musical, and it adds so much to Maria's character (which the stage show really needed).

by Anonymousreply 75December 23, 2020 11:22 PM

What I also have always loved about "I Have Confidence" is that most "I Want" songs are so selfish (wanting love, wanting out of a town), and this particular one is about wanting to do her work well and to be respected for it. That's pretty rare for a female heroine in a musical, particularly in a song written in 1965.

by Anonymousreply 76December 23, 2020 11:25 PM

The most distinguished alum produced by my alma mater (with the possible exception of Polly Holliday). A dear friend of mine, who knew her when they were music majors and is close friends with her sister, remembers her as kind, funny, and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 77December 23, 2020 11:31 PM

What made Luker great is that her singing always appeared effortless. The truly great ones were all like that: Barbara Cook, Julie Andrews... I didn't mind Sarah Brightman's voice at all -until I saw her sing. Painful to see all that effort!

by Anonymousreply 78December 23, 2020 11:33 PM

Not for everyone, but a very beautiful rendition of Memory. Her trip into super soprano on the money note is so fucking tasteful. It's almost like she sang the song this way out of respect for the more emotive women who give it real life: Buckley, Laurie Beacham and Heather Headley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 23, 2020 11:38 PM

Think of Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 23, 2020 11:38 PM

[R77] hello Montevallo grad. Purple or Gold? My husband got his music degree there so I know most of the music faculty

by Anonymousreply 81December 23, 2020 11:40 PM

^ She graduated in '84, the year before I started thereā€”my friend who knew her is a little elder than me (LOL). She studied voice under Dr. Ben Middaugh and didn't do College Night (I was a Purple).

by Anonymousreply 82December 23, 2020 11:57 PM

I took voice from Ben Middaugh privately at the end of his career. and his wife is one of my best friends. He was a sweet man, died about two years ago. You're a little younger than I am.

by Anonymousreply 83December 24, 2020 12:01 AM

Did you know Betty Louise Lumby, the organ professor? I've always heard she was on the nutty side (LOL).

by Anonymousreply 84December 24, 2020 12:05 AM

I find it surprising that Patinkin has not said anything....or have I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 85December 24, 2020 12:41 AM

Is Mandy a social media person?

by Anonymousreply 86December 24, 2020 12:42 AM

I don't think he is.

by Anonymousreply 87December 24, 2020 12:59 AM

Patinkin and his wife became social media favorites this last year. They posted many charming and surprisingly funny videos about the need to fucking vote. Very relaxed and average looking older couple in a shabby house. But really cute together.

by Anonymousreply 88December 24, 2020 1:11 AM

R84 I've met her. She's bonkers. Dead now too....

by Anonymousreply 89December 24, 2020 2:08 AM

Well...with a name like Betty Louise Lumby, she could have gone either way.

by Anonymousreply 90December 24, 2020 2:19 AM

How dare you, r90!

Moderator!!!

by Anonymousreply 91December 24, 2020 2:21 AM

Like I said...

by Anonymousreply 92December 24, 2020 2:24 AM

Luker had a gorgeous voice, but I thought she was a terrible actress early on. She got better as she got more experienced, but I saw her in both Phantom and The Secret Garden and I found her to be incredibly wooden in both.

The next time I saw her onstage was in The Music Man and she had definitely improved, but she was always a better singer than actress.

Ziemba early on had the same issue but she improved greatly, acting-wise, and handles comedy very well

by Anonymousreply 93December 24, 2020 5:43 AM

Ziemba isn't one tenth as talented as Rebecca Luker. It's a dumb comparison.

by Anonymousreply 94December 24, 2020 5:47 AM

Her acting is wonderful in the video of Unusual Way up thread, R93.

by Anonymousreply 95December 24, 2020 5:52 AM

Luker herself admitted she should have taken more acting lessons. But she did grow, learning from experience. There were better actresses, but few singers who could hold a candle to her. She did her best acting while singing.

by Anonymousreply 96December 24, 2020 5:53 AM

[quote] Ziemba isn't one tenth as talented as Rebecca Luker. It's a dumb comparison.

What's dumb is your reading comprehension. I didn't compare their talent at all.

by Anonymousreply 97December 24, 2020 6:02 AM

I'm not all that familiar with Luker's work but this is lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 24, 2020 8:47 AM

This is only from last June. Luker talks from about 11:30. DL will love the Porgy/Bess anecdote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 24, 2020 8:48 AM

What a shitty, shitty year.

by Anonymousreply 100December 25, 2020 8:02 AM

Just saw this and know clip has been posted before am doing so again because, well just because.

Rebecca Luker was a fantastic performer and great person. One of the (sadly too few) legitimate voices on Broadway nowadays.

*RIP*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 25, 2020 8:49 AM

What note is Luker hitting in that section near the end, on "the dearest things I know, are what you are"?

by Anonymousreply 102December 25, 2020 8:45 PM

The book "Colored Lights" about Kander and Ebb talks about the All That Jazz thing, and Fosse's strong insistence that he was mocking Stephen Schwartz, not Ebb. What John Kander said was "it didn't matter what the reality was, because only someone who knew the PIPPIN story would really be aware of it. For most people who saw the movie and knew something of Broadway, that was Fred Ebb. He was really hurt by that."

Seeing the movie the first time, it seemed like that must be Kander and Ebb he was parodying. But then, a year of two later, I worked with Steve Schwartz. When I heard the story, that Fosse intended it as a satire of Steve, it made so much sense - of course the character is Steve Schwartz. Unfortunately for Fred, most people didn't know that and assumed it was him.

by Anonymousreply 103December 25, 2020 9:19 PM

WTF r103? Wrong thread and weird story.

by Anonymousreply 104December 25, 2020 9:38 PM

There is not one single time have listened to that recording in R101 and not gotten a bit teary eyed.

Besides the glorious voices of Rebecca Luker, George Dvorsky, Jeanne Lehmann and Cris Groenendaal with the Ambrosian Chorus, it harks back to the golden age of theatrical musicals. Back when you could count on at least two or more trained legitimate voices in lead, but also a chorus that could handle their end.

by Anonymousreply 105December 25, 2020 9:39 PM

It's an extraordinary piece of music, r101, and a sublime arrangement. It knocks me out every time.

by Anonymousreply 106December 25, 2020 10:22 PM

Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 107December 25, 2020 10:40 PM

Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the discussion, r107

by Anonymousreply 108December 25, 2020 10:43 PM

Listen ass-face, I was being honest!

by Anonymousreply 109December 25, 2020 11:13 PM

If you've never heard of her, what are you doing on this thread? And why should anyone care that you've never heard of her.

Oh, wait, I see: pointless bitchery. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 110December 26, 2020 12:22 AM

The video of Luker in Nine - does that mean there is a bootleg out there? Iā€™ve been dying to see (another lost amazing legend) Eartha Kittā€™s Folies Bergere.

by Anonymousreply 111December 26, 2020 1:55 AM

R107, the lady passed away, and youā€™re here with ā€œass faceā€?? Classy. And puerile to boot. Do better. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 112December 26, 2020 2:44 AM

That entire BROADWAY SHOWSTOPPERS is an incredible album of music.

by Anonymousreply 113December 26, 2020 2:50 AM

I love the version of Unusual Way from the London recording of Nine with Jonathan Pryce and Elaine Paige. I never saw the show but I somehow wound up with that particular cast album back in college and that was the one song I remembered really taking to. Here's Luker singing it in the revival. She replaced Benanti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 26, 2020 3:40 AM

Sorry, I posted too soon. Meant to add I think Luker sings it beautifully. Better than Benanti did on the cast album (though Benanti also recorded it for her live album from 54 Below and sounds much better without the bad Italian accent.) I wish there was a professional recording of Luker.

by Anonymousreply 115December 26, 2020 3:56 AM

Laura Linney is gonna have to make all of her public appearances now. No more stand in.

by Anonymousreply 116December 26, 2020 3:56 AM

This may sound horrible but it might be a blessing that she went relatively fast. Iā€™d hate to see anyone suffer for year after year in a nursing home. That would have been far more devastating. Bless her and her family.

by Anonymousreply 117December 26, 2020 4:15 AM

What a terrible disease.

by Anonymousreply 118December 26, 2020 5:08 AM

Emma Thompson has said that she was clinically depressed during the run of Me and My Girl. I wonder if she really wanted to come to NY and do it again.

Patti Cohenour would have got to originate Christine and Rebecca would have been the original alternate had Brightman not been allowed over.

ALW had an odd fascination with Brightman. Even after the divorce he was still trying to get Evita made as a movie with Brightman in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 119December 26, 2020 5:20 AM

R106 & R113

Was only familiar with "All The Things You Are" as a jazz standard done by Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and others. Cannot recall when purchased Broadway ShowStoppers (must have been when trawling HMV records near Lincoln Center as was prone to do back then). Got CD home, popped it into player and started doing things around apartment. When ATTYA came on stopped in my tracks; it's been that way since and nearly have played that poor CD to death.

Sadly missed recent incarnation of "Very Warm For May" (musical Jerome Kern wrote ATTYA for) by about 12 years or so (was done in 1985), so guess will have to live with the recording above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 26, 2020 6:50 AM

42 Street Moon Production..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 26, 2020 6:51 AM

Same arrangement, with a few vocal changes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 26, 2020 6:54 AM

Did she live on the second floor?

by Anonymousreply 123December 26, 2020 6:56 AM

[quote] r102 What note is Luker hitting in that section near the end, on "the dearest things I know, are what you are"?

Itā€™s a D6.

by Anonymousreply 124December 26, 2020 7:03 AM

ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE 1994 Carnegie Hall Concert (bootleg recording)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 26, 2020 7:07 AM

R124

Thank you!

Was that is written or did Ms. Luker have things transposed?

by Anonymousreply 126December 26, 2020 7:10 AM

R115, Rebecca did record Unusual Way with a smaller orchestration/ensemble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 28, 2020 6:27 AM

Here's a recording of part of Unusual Way from Broadway on Broadway with what sounds like the original (or at least revival) orchestration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 28, 2020 6:29 AM

Luker in live performance of "Unusual Way" in the 2003 Broadway revival of "Nine" (she replaced Laura Benanti). Luker is at her best here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 28, 2020 7:08 AM

Thatā€™s at least the third time thatā€™s been posted in the thread, r129.

by Anonymousreply 130December 29, 2020 4:19 AM

Well this is devastatingly sad. If you want another reason to cry....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 7, 2021 1:52 PM

R131 It worked. I'm crying.

by Anonymousreply 132January 7, 2021 2:21 PM

Oh lord. How very beautiful and sad. He loved her so much, and tell us exactly why. What a devastating personal loss. Thanks R311.

by Anonymousreply 133January 7, 2021 4:02 PM

R131 I usually skip over these things but I like DB a lot and I read it. I thought it was poignant and beautiful. And, yes, I cried.

by Anonymousreply 134January 7, 2021 4:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!