Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Sex and the City” revival in the works at HBO Max

HBO Max is reportedly near a deal to revive ‘Sex and the City’ as a limited series with Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon set to reprise their roles as Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda.

Kim Cattrall is not expected to return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2021 5:09 PM

Don't they have enough money? No one needs to see this.

by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Kim Cattrall was the best actress on the show. As much as the idea of a SaTC reboot appeals, it's only for the nostalgia. I rewatched a couple of episodes recently, and it has not aged well!

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Straight from the horse's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2020 1:58 PM

What's the point without Samantha?

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Cynthia Nixon is now a lesbian with a trans child. She is a failed politician who makes AOC seem conservative. I don't know if she will still embody Miranda's working mom persona anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2020 1:59 PM

I BET I BET they will add a black female friend who will be a slightly sassy divorce who is reliving her youth by hooking up with a younger man. She won't be in all of the breakfast scenes at that dinner, but she will get 1 or 2 appearances. She will be gorgeous and bit of fun, but most importantly, she will be a woman of color.

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2020 2:02 PM

Diner

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2020 2:02 PM

R6 why does it bother you so much? It’s common these days. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2020 2:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2020 2:03 PM

We know, yoy fat whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2020 2:04 PM

When did I say it bothers me r8? I just know they will use a woman of color to soften the blow of Kim's departure. These characters couldn't be seen with a black woman for most of the show. They threw in J-Hud as the most unnecessary assistant know to man since Carrie wasn't even writing or working throughout the entire movie. I'd be happy for the representation but it's a hallow victory since we know these women don't hangout with people of color or gay men that aren't lapdogs.

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2020 2:07 PM

R11 Are you saying the show would recast a black woman in a bid to ward off criticism of Kim being replaced? Basically screaming "RACISM!" for even mentioning that they went ahead without Kim? Hey, it works in politics...

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2020 2:11 PM

Calm you tits bitch. I didn't call it racism, i called it a transparent PR move that I predict will happen, we don't know. It's valid criticism that these people not only didn't have friends that weren't white, that's not uncommon for wealthy NYers, but they didn't even cross paths with many people that weren't white. Samantha had a fling with a black neighbor early on but that's about one of the only people of color I can thing of that actually penetrated their social circle. I think that lasted only an episode or two.

Not saying racism, I'm saying it's CYA.

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2020 2:19 PM

[quote]Cynthia Nixon is now a lesbian with a trans child. She is a failed politician who makes AOC seem conservative. I don't know if she will still embody Miranda's working mom persona anymore.

WTF does Cynthia's personal life have to do with her acting? Actually, nothing. Cynthia is an excellent actress. Did you see her portraying a character with multiple personalities on an old episode of L&O: SVU? She was amazing.

Some of you queens can't separate the performers from their roles.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Didn't Miranda have a fling with her hot Black neighbor played by Blair Underwood?

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2020 2:32 PM

I meant Miranda not Samantha, thanks r15.

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2020 2:41 PM

Samantha and Miranda both dated black men.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Cynthia Nixon just posted confirmation that it’s happening.

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Believe this just got the green light...

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2021 12:54 AM

Samanthas black boyfriend dumped her because his sister didn’t want him dating a white woman. Miranda chose that nebbish over hottie Blair Underwood? They jumped the shark with that one

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2021 1:26 AM

HBO Max is DESPERATE for good content. The whole site is such a MISH MASH ever since AT&T took it over. They DON'T know what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2021 1:30 AM

vomit

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2021 5:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!