Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you worried about the Russian hack?

Or was it Jinah?... Anyway, how do you think it will affect your life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 2:31 AM

To be honest, yes. The scary part of these hacking reports is confirmation that they have gained access to the power grid, and could wreak havoc if they simply turned off the electricity for a few minutes let alone the utter devastation if they took the grid down by overloading and damaging it, perhaps beyond repair.

Without electricity, we revert to the stone age.

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2020 6:38 PM

[quote]I could care less

this is the American way of saying "couldn't" right?

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2020 6:39 PM

No Vivian Vance option?

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2020 6:41 PM

False choice in OP’s poll. Fuck off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2020 6:47 PM

R4 Muriel ban this schizophrenic who sees “Russians everywhere!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2020 6:53 PM

Putin: "You owe me $400 million -- I want my money."

Dump: "Feel free to hack into everyone in America's bank accounts and take what you want".

by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2020 6:54 PM

Not a word from the Republicans who are still foaming at the mouth and wetting their pants over the "rigged election."

by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2020 6:54 PM

It's an incredibly big deal that Russia was able to gather intelligence in our systems for months unnoticed.

Who cares whether it affects your day to day life? Thats a very small way of looking at the world.

by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote]Who cares whether it affects your day to day life? Thats a very small way of looking at the world.

But it is certainly the American zeitgeist.

by Anonymousreply 9December 20, 2020 6:56 PM

Putin was obviously checking the Want Ads for a suitable job for his puppet, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2020 1:08 AM

No one seems to be commenting on one of the worst aspects: that our government didn't catch onto it, and had to be told by a private company!

I don't think Putin would destroy our power grid. We need electricity in order to run all those apps that brainwash us.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2020 1:17 AM

I think candles and matches would be like gold in a situation like this.

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2020 3:24 AM

I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2020 3:36 AM

“Worried” is the wrong word. I would say, pensive. Apprehensive. But I am hoping that Joe will bring the full force of the Fed against Russia, it has to be the first thing he does, even before COVID, because we cannot fight COVID if they manipulate any of our power systems, so this is now the number one threat. Sanctions, asset freeze, removal of every single diplomat, permanently ban most of them, identify new companies with Russian ties too, and last but not least, expose every politician and lobbyist with their treachery and CHARGE THEM. Bring them to criminal court, let’s go!

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2020 3:50 AM

R14, hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2020 9:41 AM

It's a very big fucking deal. They've been hacking into every government agency since March, and had access to every Fortune 500 company that used SolarWinds technology, which is most of the Fortune 500. As for the government agencies that were hacked, we're talking the Treasury, national security, nuclear information...you'd have to be the stupidest of DL queen to be indifferent to this.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2020 10:15 AM

Let us say that it worries me (and I'm not even American) as part of a much wider indication of how incredibly foolish and effete the West has become, and how badly it will fare as its refusal to deal with, among other things, climate change, positions Russia to reclaim enormous power. Notably, although not exclusively, in food production.

Russia and China aren't being distracted by struggles over pronouns, defund the police, race, and cancel culture, absurd claims about stolen elections, and helplessly watching their social fabrics unravel.

They have their eyes on the ball and they don't care what the rest of the world thinks. This incident is just more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2020 10:37 AM

Putin's White House puppet only have several more weeks to do his master's bidding.

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2020 8:11 PM

[bold]Microsoft Says Suspected Russian Hackers Viewed Source Code[/bold]

Microsoft Corp. said the suspected Russian hackers behind the stunning breach of numerous U.S. government agencies also accessed the company’s internal source code, although no customer data or services were compromised.

“We detected unusual activity with a small number of internal accounts and upon review, we discovered one account had been used to view source code in a number of source code repositories,” Microsoft said Thursday in a blog post that updated its continuing investigation of the attack. “The account did not have permissions to modify any code or engineering systems and our investigation further confirmed no changes were made.”

A Microsoft spokesperson declined to say which source code the hackers viewed. Source code shows how computer programs work and is used to build products. Gaining access to such code could have given the hackers valuable insight into how they might exploit programs or evade detection. Microsoft said its security philosophy, or “threat model,” anticipates that its source code will be viewed, and that defenses are built with that in mind.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2021 1:17 AM

Those two options in your poll are too extreme, OP. Do I worry about cybersecurity and Russia's meddling in our affairs? Yes, of course. But, do I also think that if centrist Dems spent as much time, effort and outrage on moving toward universal healthcare and to stopping corporate welfare, it would be a good thing. Republicans... are a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2021 1:25 AM

[bold]Third malware strain discovered in SolarWinds supply chain attack[/bold]

Cyber-security firm CrowdStrike, one of the companies directly involved in investigating the SolarWinds supply chain attack, said today it identified a third malware strain directly involved in the recent hack.

Named Sunspot, this finding adds to the previously discovered Sunburst (Solorigate) and Teardrop malware strains.

But while Sunspot is the latest discovery in the SolarWinds hack, Crowdstrike said the malware was actually the first one used.

SUNSPOT MALWARE RAN ON SOLARWINDS' BUILD SERVER

In a report published today, Crowdstrike said that Sunspot was deployed in September 2019, when hackers first breached SolarWinds' internal network.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 9:05 PM

Worried. We have no clue the hell they have brought to us.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote] I could care less

Do you know how stupid you sound?

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 2:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!