Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jim Parsons could lead ‘The Boys in the Band’ to Oscar glory.

IMO, it believe Parson, Quinto and de Jesus all have a good shot at a nomination.

Best Picture could also be in play. I thought it was well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2202/22/2021

I thought Parsons was the weakest link

by Anonymousreply 112/19/2020

It will receive zero nominations. Stupid Gold Derby article doesn't even take into account their own charts which show it having no traction.

by Anonymousreply 212/19/2020

Meh, it’s okay, however the original cast had chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 312/19/2020

Quinto was so odd in this

by Anonymousreply 412/19/2020

I just saw this and loved it. Great cast. I wonder what Alan had to tell Michael...

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2021

This movie has gotten ZERO Oscar buzz.

Hell, even the Golden Globes ignored it, and the Hollywood Foreign Press will lob a nomination at just about anything (see Madonna in "Evita").

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2021

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2021

It didn't bring anything new to the table except a more racial sensitive update.

Personally I prefer Kenneth Nelson's performance in the 70's version. It had heart and a wounded soul. Parsons' performance was a bit shrill coming from wounded pride.

But I love Parsons other work.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2021

Oscar? I thought it was a TV movie for Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2021

Heavens no!

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2021

I would bet you a hundred to one OP is Lynn Stairmaster.

"Oscars for everyone! Including Gavroche!"

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2021

Uh, no, honey. It was horrif.

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2021

OP must be the same idiot who wrote the article for the idiotic Gold Derby.

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2021

I guess Parsons was ok, but his character is such an asshole I have a hard time rooting for him.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2021

Zero effect. Not a single nomination will it garner. There's no buzz surrounding this film only a barely audible drone.

by Anonymousreply 1502/22/2021

R1. No, that was Jane Lynch as Ghost Justin

by Anonymousreply 1602/22/2021

I really don't understand the hate for this movie. I thought it was very well done. I don't know about Oscar nom, but I thought Parsons did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2021

R17 It felt like a run through of the original film and suffered in every way by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 1802/22/2021

It didn't even do well on the platform it was released on.

Not to mention the fact that the damn thing has been staged and remade more than once. It did not break any new ground that the original movie didn't cover.

by Anonymousreply 1902/22/2021

Unless I’m incorrect, it’s a made for TV movie, not a theatrical release. How could it be “Oscar worthy?”

by Anonymousreply 2002/22/2021

R20, It's a Netflix release feature film, which is considered a theatrical release in the year of COVID without having to do much at all.

It's no different than Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Mank or Hillbilly Elegy which all were released as streaming films and all will have the potential to be nominated for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2102/22/2021

Thanks to COVID, one might say this is the year of the TV Movie Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 2202/22/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!