Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are so many gay dudes nerds?

Liking Sailor Moon and shit like that? It’s not masc, brah

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2021 4:26 AM

Or maybe it's people are more open about their nerdiness now just like they are more open about their sexuality now?

And gay guys liking Sailor Moon or Totally Spies is not that odd when many of us love female pop singers too.

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2020 4:38 AM

Jeez, I wish there were gay nerds, there's hardly any.

OP started a thread about "Batman Beyond" btw, he's a nerd, too.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2020 4:39 AM

You know whats really Masc? Not giving a fuck what other people think is masc.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2020 4:43 AM

OP, like these old queens here even know Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon also taught gay boys to go after asshole "Darien" types that treat them like shit!

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2020 4:45 AM

Gay nerds unite!!! Don’t be ashamed of your nerdiness

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2020 4:46 AM

Sailor Moon had gay and transgender characters. Sailor Uranus and Neptune were lesbians in a relationship. The villains Kunzite and Zoisete were gay lovers. Fisheye one of the villains was biologically male but dressed and talked as a woman. It was filled with lesbian undertones even between the girls. It was progressive in many ways. The 90s English dub of course tried to censor a lot of these factors out.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2020 4:49 AM

What's masculine about referring to other men as a bra?

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2020 4:58 AM

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2020 4:06 AM

Fat, ugly troll OP ran out of her schizo medication yet again.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2020 4:08 AM

My theory is that we were nerds, cast out from playing with the athletic, cute boys, so we eroticized them.

Thus our being gay grew out as a function of our being nerds.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2020 4:12 AM

r10, except most nerds are straight. Being nerdy as kids didn't make them magically turn gay. Thy grew up to be nerdy straight men.

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2020 4:16 AM

Totally not true, OP. Most gay nerds tend to be more masculine that other gay dudes. For one, most of us are tops. Second of all, we tend to have more platonic male friendships with straight dudes, unlike the annoying gaggle of girls that most gay men are friends with.

What is a more feminine hobby: Lady Gaga, Drag Race and Musicals? Or, nerd hobbies like video games, comics and anime.

You are totally cherry picking by saying Sailor Moon. No nerd likes sailor moon, at least without liking tons of other anomes. Any gay who JUST likes Sailor Moon isn’t one who would be really welcome in any “nerd” fandoms.

Yes, perhaps nerds may not have as buff of bodies as some other gays. But, or skinny or fat (depending on the body type of the nerd) will end up being a lot more attractive than some buff dude who acts like a total fag.

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2020 4:34 AM

Nerds have big dicks.

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2020 4:39 AM

If you like anime you’re probably a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2020 4:46 AM

If you like anime you’re probably a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2020 4:46 AM

OP, I'm'a need you to post your hot masc body clearly showing your big masc dick to determine if you are eligible to render such judgment.

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2020 4:49 AM

Op I think it’s just you. Normal gay men don’t even know what Sailor Moon is.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2020 5:07 AM

[quote]Normal gay men don’t even know what Sailor Moon is.

Old gay men don't even know what Sailor Moon is.

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2020 1:43 PM

“Masc” sounds so gay. I’ve only seen it on DL; is it spoken as well?

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2020 1:54 PM

I used to have a fuck buddy who was into Sailor Moon. He was indeed kind of nerdy but he had a big ol' dick and was a lot younger than me. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2020 2:00 PM

There are also a lot of gay gamers who qualify as nerds. And comic/superhero geeks of course. There are also nerdy gays obsessed with Disney and shit. A lot of gay Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc. nerds.

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2020 2:05 PM

last known photo of OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2020 2:08 PM

There were recently a lot of gay sex scandals among the nerdy competitive gaming community.

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2020 2:12 PM

R14

Not even close to being true.

by Anonymousreply 24December 23, 2020 2:16 PM

I agree with r15 but not with r14 .

by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2020 2:22 PM

Sailor Moon? Hell No! Now, Naruto, Attack on Titan, HunterxHunter and Yaoi is another story! Guilty!✋I just find anime/manga/manhwa art, characters and stories to be superior to western cartoons/comics.

by Anonymousreply 26December 23, 2020 2:28 PM

R17

What the fuck is “normal”?

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2020 2:33 PM

There’s a subset of sad faglets who are fem, ugly and out of shape and who find refuge in nerdy shit. You aren’t kidding anyone. You’re the lowest of the low and are rightly invisible to masc, hot str8 acting men. You give fags a bad name and I wouldn’t mind if some str8 jock queerbashes you. YOU ARE INVISIBLE TO ME!

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2020 2:34 PM

R28

Fuck you and fuck those “straight acting guys” you worship. You’re a self-hating stick in the mud.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2020 2:36 PM

R29 no I love MEN, not fat subhuman beta chodes who identify with fictional teenage girls from a Japanese cartoon. It speaks volumes about the gay community that we can’t just tell these fucking losers that they are not normal and they are not wanted.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2020 2:39 PM

R26

Yep, anime is clearly superior. And a lot of the good Western cartoons are clearly copying anime.

by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2020 2:40 PM

R31 = beta chode butthurt bottom gagging for str8 white dick but unable to get it from quality men

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2020 2:41 PM

THANK YOU OP I am so glad you defined what is masc for me. I was so cofused.

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2020 3:49 PM

I eat old people's excrement.

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2020 3:52 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2021 1:33 AM

There are many gay nerds alright, but try being a lesbian non-nerd. On Twitter at least, it seems all lesbians do with their lives is tweet passionately about every cartoon and young adult/vampire/monster series on TV like they were all major cultural events. Some of those lesbians are well into their 30s. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2021 1:38 AM

It's almost as if gay men are just people with as wide a range of interests as everyone else.

It is funny though; I was listening to a podcast devoted to horror movies the other day and the guy they were interviewing was a gay guy who mentioned how most gay men grow up loving Agatha Christie, Doctor Who and horror. And I was like, well that's a bit of a stereot---oh wait, most gay guys I know DO love those things, haha. Confirmation and perception bias obviously, but it still made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2021 1:44 AM

I don't know any gays that like Sailor Moon.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2021 1:44 AM

r38 see r18

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2021 2:03 AM

R37 Podcast name?

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2021 2:05 AM

The Evolution of Horror, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2021 2:06 AM

Nerds are verbal ninjas and are able to deflect homophobia in many ways.

Being a braniac has its advantages.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2021 2:06 AM

Plenty of people both gay and straight are open about what they like regardless of whether others approve, especially nowadays. There are straight guys who have a weird thing for My Little Pony, for example. After a certain age, a lot of people just stop giving a shit whether others approve of their interests and just focus on the things that make them happy, and the Internet makes it easier to find a community of others who share those interests no matter how unusual they are.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2021 2:10 AM

TBH that's kinda sad for me if a gay dude under 35 never watched Sailor Moon. Thats a fucked up childhood right there

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2021 2:32 AM

Do you say the say of straight guys R44 ? What so special about Sailor Moon that men should watch it?

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2021 2:34 AM

same*

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2021 2:34 AM

r45 have you ever watched Sailor Moon?

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2021 2:44 AM

😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2021 4:11 AM

In the name of the moon, I punish you

by Anonymousreply 49January 25, 2021 2:20 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2021 4:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!